Betrayed By Fate

By alice-ayuzawa

PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson... More

Author Note
"That smile of yours is haunting me"
Chapter 1 |Wolfsbane
Chapter 2 |Alpha Visitor
Chapter 3 | Escape
Chapter 4 | Jenn
Chapter 5 | Stranger
Chapter 6 | Mate
Chapter 7 | 'Alpha King'
Chapter 8 | Rejection
Chapter 9 | Taunting
Chapter 10 | Awaken
Chapter 11 | Stay
Chapter 12 | Tag Along
Chapter 13 | Jake
Chapter 15 | Shopping
Chapter 16 | Flower
Chapter 17 | Bloodshed
Chapter 18 | "Lily"
Chapter 19 | Confronting
Chapter 20 | Return
Chapter 21 | Past
Chapter 22 | Brother
Chapter 23 | "Netflix And Chill"
Chapter 24 | Lost
Chapter 25 | Seer
Chapter 26 | Memory
Chapter 27 | Heated
Chapter 28 | Apple
Chapter 29 | Arlen
Chapter 30 | Bunny?
Chapter 31 | I Love You
Chapter 32 | Surprise?
Chapter 33 | Forest
Chapter 34 | "Rogue"
Chapter 35 | Prank
Chapter 36 | "Nothing happened"
Chspter 36.5 | Bonus
Chapter 37 | Kiss
Chapter 38 | Luke
Chapter 39 | R.I.P
Chapter 40 | "I won't"
Chapter 41 | Party
Chapter 42 | "Burn it!"
Chapter 43 | Silver
Chapter 44 | Leave
Chapter 45 | "GIVE ME UNICORNS!"
Chapter 46 | Meeting
Chapter 47 | Zaire
Chapter 48 | Punch Me
New book
Chapter 49 | Save her
Characters Magazine [pleeease read]
Chapter 50 | I Will Tell Him
Chapter 51 | Pain
Hi...please don't kill me A/N
Chapter 52 | Goddess
Chapter 53 | Angel
NOTE
Chapter 54 | Time
Chapter 55 | Blood
Chapter 56 | Home
Chapter 57 | "I love you..."
Chapter 58 | Why
Chapter 59 | You Are Lost
Chapter 60 | Smile
Epilogue |1| Brown
Epilogue |2| Babies
Epilogue |3| Story
Epilogue |4| Mystery?
Q&A (and interesting facts )

Chapter 14 | Aether

115K 4.4K 826
By alice-ayuzawa

(Lily's pov)

I opened the door, my towel on my head, Jenn gave me an old shirt from Zaire I wasn't sure at first if that was ok but she assured me that it is just for some time while she brings me the new clothes. She was out with Zaire shopping and bought some things along for me.

A very familiar smell hits me, my eyes snapped to the figure by the open door. His eyes were wide raking my body up and down.

Caught. Dahlia's tail wiggled.

My eyes searched for his potential reason they landed on the pair of clothes on my bed.
Guessed so. 

I returned to my mate who didn't look so happy glaring at my clothes his eyes switch between ice blue and dark brown his hands holding his head.

"CHANGE! My wolf doesn't like it that you are in Zaire's clothes, fast I can't hold him" His voice deep showing that his wolf is slowly taking control.

I shrugged, took the clothes and went to the bathroom to change, I didn't mind that he yelled, at least I know his wolf cares. I made my way out of the bathroom putting my hair in a high ponytail.

Jake was still in my room to my surprise, I was facing his back as he slowly turned around.

"What is your name?" I asked him looking into his dark brown eyes.

His wolf is in control..he looks hotter.

I have a bad feeling, it is not a good sign that a wolf takes complete control.

He smiles widely, inching closer opening his arms.

"My name is Aether, Love " his voice deep making my knees weak. Damn mate bond making me weak, I was never like that.

Dahlia purrs in approval.

"I assume you want to talk about something, otherwise you wouldn't be here"

"Why so cold love? I thought you wanted us," I smiled sadly at him

"I wish Jake knew that too,-" I quickly change the topic "Why isn't Jake fighting you anymore?"

He smiled at me sheepishly, never thought I would see Jake smiling at me anytime soon "He is sleeping, he has exhausted himself the last few days and didn't sleep much, he couldn't hold me any longer"

"He doesn't hear us?"

"No"

"Why are you here?"

He whimpers "Do you hate us? Trust me if I had control you would've been in our arms the first second we laied eyes on you"

"I am sorry for what he did to you if I could've taken control, if I had stopped him-"
I stopped his ranting by putting a hand on his shoulder, his head snapped to me, his eyes seemingly darkening, pain was evident seeming to eat him alive, guilty looking down down on me.

"It wasn't your fault, neither was it Jake's-" he was about to cut me off but I gave him a pointed look "-I knew how he would react nevertheless I continued to get on his nerves"

"Why?" I smiled at his question "Do you really want to know?" He nodded his head without hesitation.

"I did it because of a selfish cruel wish I had" he waited for me to explain further.

This will not end good.

Just talk to him while I admire his yummy abbs.

This is serious Dahlia!

We both know it won't end pretty if you tell him but he will feel it if you lie so just tell him and let's hope it ends with a hot make out session.

She winked at me.

"If my mate rejected me, I wanted to die by his hands"

His eyes became pitch black, a furious growl shaking his body, he looked at me with venom, his face red, a vein on his neck popping out.

He did what I didn't expect. He yanked my hand forcefully back pushing me on my bed, I didn't have time to prop my self up before he hoverd over me holding both my hands beside my head, his iron grip holding me in place, his legs around my waist. A part of his  weight on me.

"N.E.V.E.R  say that again" shocks going through my body, his deep threatening voice sending shivers down my spine. I looked up meeting his piercing gaze, he was angry ready to murder.

But what caught me off guard was the hurt in his eyes, he looked pained, like someone ripped out a piece of his heart leaving the rest bleeding in agony. His eyes were glazed with unshed tears.

He is crying.

Because of me.

"You smiled..YOU F*CKING SMILED AT HIM WHILE HE WAS CHOKING YOU TO DEATH"

"You don't know how much it hurt to see you smile like that...like you just lost everything you had"

I brought a hand to his face brushing away a tear that escaped his now dark brown eyes.
I took his face between my hands pulling it closer until his forehead rested on mine. His harsh breath brushing my face. I closed my eyes trying to calm him down by just being there.

It hurts..it hurt to see him suffering because of my selfish doing. Feeling pain for another's persons misery, everyone has a first

"I won't think of that again, I know I can't die...and leave you here. Besides I promised Dahlia to not give up so easily"

I know I am taking advantage of the situation but Jake would never treat me or come near me like Aether did, just for the moment I want to feel how it is to have someone unconditionally love you, like mates are supposed to do.

I let my hand brush his cheek, feeling the small stubbles on his skin. He leans in to my touch purring. His face now pressed on my hand I took a closer look, his dark brown eye  closed. His long lashes are sticking together from his tears, glistering. His eyes open catching me on my act, the permanent tingles not helping.

My heart decided that I need more blood because apparently I am running a mile, my heart is beating fast it makes my mind hazy.

Wow, you are nervous..

I don't know why! Dammit mate bond.

"I had my suspicion on our first encounter, your growl was too powerful to be a Beta's , you have Alpha blood, don't you?"

"Yes I have, my very observant mate"

"Your black eyes gave it away" normal werewolves have the eye clour of their wolves if they take control, but by Alphas there's a small difference, their eyes turn black when they are angry while their wolf is in control.

He smiled at me. He got up and sat on the bedside, I propped myself  to stand up but he grabbed me by my forearms and placed me in his lap my legs on one side. He placed his arms around me pushing me closer to his chest, burying his face in my hair that now was open.

"Aether.." he shivered at his name.

"Please let me hold you..just for the moment" his voice so vulnerable.

I leaned my head on his shoulder.

Can I really lean on him?

Trust him.

That is easier said than done, I have waited for him, I craved him, but can I trust him enough to give him power to shatter my heart? Can I love him?

...That, you have to figure that out yourself.

We sat there for some minutes in silence, I tried to enjoy the short time with my mate as good as possible by just being near him. He had other plans and shifted my position so that I am facing him my legs on either side of him.

I locked stares with him, his dark brown eyes now a darker shade almost black, his breath fanning my face, not until now I noticed how close his face is to mine.

He inched closer his eyes not leaving mine, he was asking for permission I just kept still, my mind racing it feels like it is going to burst out.

He kissed me.

His lips soft against mine in a slow but passionate rhythm, my body slowly heats up, my cheeks feel hot.

Shivers run down my spine , his hand resting on my thigh.

I push him lightly, and look immediately down too embarrassed to meet his gaze.

Am I blushing? Me?

Wow, there's always a first.

I am blushing from a simple kiss? What is wrong with me?

I collected my courage and looked him in the eyes, bad idea. His eyes were switching between black and ice blue.

Jake is awake!

I got pushed to the ground forcefully my back coming in contact with the wall, I composed myself, watching him battle with himself.

He is going to hate me more.

Don't say that.

Why are you so calm? Isn't that what you wanted for so long?

It is, you were too engrossed in the kiss that you didn't hear me.

Should I take my chance?

I stood up walking towards him, I stopped in front of him, he looks at me his eyes still changing. I snaked my arms around him embracing him, my face buried in his chest.

"It is okay Aether, let go" I whispered.

He kissed my head "I am sorry love"

He pushed me away the second after that, once again I am meeting his ice blue captivating eyes which welcome me with a disgusted glare.

I chuckled.

He was about to leave but I had to make sure Aether doesn't tell him "Aether, I know you can hear me, don't tell him what I told you it is for the best"

He closed the door after him.

******

Jenn came later to apologize for her tardiness, Zaire wouldn't let her leave so easily, she gave me the clothes and wished me good night.

I went to bed snuggling into the bedsheets which had a light smell of him.

What am I? I am acting like a whipped high school girl who is creeping about her crush.

You kinda are.

Shut up!

I closed my eyes, the familiar presence outside my door putting a smile on my lips.

*******************************************************************

A little romance I see *wiggles eyebrow*

I suck at writing those (sorry)

More than usual.

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE?

ENJOY <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.3K 37
Hello, this story is not good. It was written by a depressed young tween who didn't understand what an abusive relationship is. I'm only keeping it u...
30.1K 700 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
414K 7.7K 11
The world of the supernatural was kept from humans since the begin of time. there where so many different types of supernatural creatures, from werew...
7.5M 229K 32
Lily Crawford was once loved and treasured by her whole pack but that stopped on her 14th birthday when she didn't shift like she was supposed to. In...