Listening {Karkat X Reader X...

By XxRainbowNinja6xX

You and Karkat had always been the best of friends. After feelings were developed between the two of you, you... More

~P R O L O G U E~
~O N E~
~TWO~
~THREE~
~FOUR~
~FIVE~
~SIX~
~SEVEN -- (Late)Valentine's Day~
~EIGHT~
~ N I N E ~
~ T E N ~
~ E L E V E N ~
~T W E L V E~
~THIRTEEN~
~FOURTEEN~
~FIFTEEN~
~SIXTEEN~
Public Service Announcement

~FOURTEEN~

275 6 3
By XxRainbowNinja6xX

To my surprise, I was not, as was thought, being casually dropped off at my grandma's house to continue my normal life but still communicate with Dave, Karkat, and the others. Instead, I was being snuck back to the hospital so that the doctors would find me cured in my room and send me home. I was feeling anxious to go back to the hospital, even though I knew it was necessary.

I hated the hospital room after the year I had spent in it, and I also generally hated hospitals before. They're like birthing grounds for gross germs and sickness. It's also where a lot of dying and hurting people go, which gives the whole building a very creepy, sad, and unfortunate vibe. So I was clearly dreading to go back.

Not much happened at the hospital, Aside from a new nurse rushing in to see me and being blown away after looking hard into my files yet finding me perfectly healed up in a night. The doctors said they'd keep me at the hospital for a few days to make sure I was okay, but they'd release me if I showed no signs of getting worse.

Later that night, when I was staring out the window, mentally reliving the moment I was rescued, I saw a figure creep into my view. I yelped and grabbed the covers, blinking a few times to see of my eyes were playing tricks on me. It appeared that the silhouette was messing with my window's lock, so I held completely still until I heard a small click. I jumped up out of the bed and, with heavy breaths, I sprinted to the door. I slammed it open right when I heard the window slide up quickly.

I was running as fast as I could away from the window creep and down the halls. I took a look back at it, and I could see in the hospital's dim light that they were wearing a forest green mask in the shape of a skull with bright red circles on the cheeks. Judging by their figure, they seemed to be more masculine. I saw him catching up to me and realized that he had long, built legs that were assisting him.

I was doing a good job and was almost to the lobby when I suddenly felt something catch my foot. I threw my hands and free foot forward to catch myself but when it landed, a sharp pain coursed through my ankle and I flew forward and fell anyway. I screamed as loud as I could, but I was out of breath and it didn't last long. The man grabbed my neck and shoved a miniature syringe into my shoulder and released whatever liquid was in there into my body. I suddenly felt very drowsy again and was only able to hear when the door was burst open and see a glimpse of a little crowd of doctors, nurses, and other staff rush in to see what the commotion was. I was able to feel as the grip was released from my neck and I felt cold as the body left me and also the room.

((Suuuuuuper sorry the chapter was so short idk what else I'm supposed to put in it b y e))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 861 10
Note: Humanstuck John and Karkat have been friends for years, but has it always been so black and white? Karkat's fears are confirmed when long time...
12.2K 509 16
Dave Strider has never liked the idea of owning a troll. Humanity's latest exotic pet turns into a must-have for the household by the time he's five...
297 27 10
It's Karkat's freshman year of Sburb University, and he's determined to figure out his feelings for Dave Strider, the coolest guy on campus. He's hor...
111K 3K 43
I have no clue what im writing but its a story, and what ever happens happens oh yeah its homestuck. strong language, ect ect, dont like dont read e...