City Of Arrows - Alec Lightwo...

By SkeletonGirl90

The first time he saw her she was just the beautiful girl from Idris with a bow and arrow on her shoulder. No... More

Playlist
Prologe
(01)
(02)
(03)
(04)
(05)
(06)
(08)
(09)
(10)
(11)

(07)

7.4K 144 6
By SkeletonGirl90

Renee's P.O.V.

Alec and I are sitting in Izzy's trial right now. I hope it goes well. I just want her and Alec to be okay.

"Will I survive if I touch it?" Magnus asked looking at the Silent brother and then the sword.

"If you tell the truth." The woman sitting in the chair said.

Magnus gave the sword a second look before reaching out to touch it.

"By the power of this sword, do you swear to defend your client with integrity and honesty?"One of the Silent Brothers said

"No argument from me on that," Magnus said before letting the sword go looking scared. The Silent Brother stepped away to stand next to the chair.

"Make your case, warlock." She said. Here we go.

"My case is simple. It is true that Isabelle Lightwood acted against orders of the Clave by trying to free the Seelie, Meliorn. But she did not act against the interests on the Clave. Preventing the forced questioning and the possible death of a Seelie may have saved the Accords." Magnus said

"We're not here to speculate what might have happened if the defendant hadn't interfered."

"You mean what might have happened if she hadn't stopped the Silent Brothers from torturing a Seelie?"

"I await a valid argument. Do you have one?"

"What you really want is the Mortal Cup. My client doesn't have it. Since this whole proceeding isn't about what it's really about, I loved to have this case dismissed."

"You're out of order."

"No. This whole thing is out of order. It's not Isabelle's fault. It's the Cup! Put the Cup on trial!" Magnus said before sitting down next to Isabelle.

Izzy got up to sit on the stand. Lydia then stood up in front of everyone ready to make her case. By the angel, what is she trying to do?

"You have led us to believe that you alone carried out this operation. But Clary Fairchild was seen near the City of Bones that night." Lydia said

"Maybe she was out for a walk," Izzy answered back

"And you expect us to believe that you distracted the guards, and escaped with the prisoner on your own?"

"Pretty slick, right?"

"I suggest you think about how slick it would be when Valentine uses the Mortal Cup to raise an army of rogue Shadowhunters."

"I don't want Valentine to succeed."

"Well, that's the first sane thing I've heard from you."

"You know what's insane. Thinking we have the right to treat a Downworlder life as worthless."

"Isabelle, I should warn you that everything you say here will be considered in the verdict."

"Good, consider this. Valentine didn't come out of nowhere. We use our angel blood to justify everything we do, just like him. Like him, we forget that we are not only angels. We are part mundane. We can be afraid. And fear makes us cruel. And we turn out fear to Downworlders just as Valentine did. And just as he did, we will turn an each other."

"You think we're doing that to you?"

"You have to answer that for yourself... Madam Inquisitor." Izzy said looking out towards me and Alec before walking back to her seat.

Magnus preceded to get up again saying,"I'd like to call Lydia Branwell to the stand."

"I don't see the relevance."

"Well, that makes two of us. I don't see the relevance of the whole trial. Ms, Branwell if you'll take the stand?"

Lydia stood up and walked over just before Isabelle and I shared a look.

"I just have one question. Why are you prosecuting this case?"

"Answer the question, counselor."

"Becuase the Law is hard but... It is the Law." Mangus let out a sigh. "But that doesn't make it right. We're trying someone for being compassionate, thinking for herself. She saves a life that was being sacrificed for nothing."

"That will be enough, Branwell."

"No... It isn't I'm looking out at the faces here. A brother and sister who disagree on everything except on how much they love one another and how loyal they are to each other. As well as a parabatai who would do anything for her because of the deep friendship that they share. A man who took this case tending to want payment in rare objects but who really believes that injustice towards his friends is intolerable. Loyalty, indecency, compassion, love. These are the concepts we should consider to decide guilt or innocence in a case like this." Lydia said I think this is the only thing I will ever respect her for.

"Those are not the concepts of the law. Now, enough of this nonsense."

"I agree. The case is nonsense. I withdraw the charges." Lydia said getting up out of the chair. Everyone started clapping. Magnus then turned away and walked up to Izzy to giver her a hug.

I walked up next to Alex and she leaned in to hug Alec first and then me.

"Silence! Order! Silence!" Madam Inquisitor said.

"If you think refusing to prosecute exculpates to the defendant, you are wrong. She is guilty. The defense was correct. The Clave wants the Mortal Cup. If it is returned within 24 hours, this ruling will be vacated. If not, Isabelle Lightwood will be stripped of her runes and exiled from the society of the Shadowhunters Forever." She continued before banging the gavel.

* A few moments later*

I was standing in the infirmary with Alec, Jace, and Clary looking at her mother's body floating above the floor.

"Clary gave Lydia the cup. Hodge is taking her to lock it up until she goes back to Idris."

"Okay," Alec said.

"Okay?" Jace asked. "That's it, Alec?" he continues

"I don't want to get into it." He said turning away to leave.

"I do want to get into it," Jace said as I looked between them. "You almost killed me, you weakened out parabatai bond just to find me."

"You betrayed me. You lied to me. You attacked me when I was doing what we should have been doing together-"

"I didn't betray you, Alec. I saved you from yourself! Just like Renee is always trying to do. To show you that you aren't always right." Jace said looking at me then at Clary.

"If you'd have taken Meliorn to be tortured, you would have that on your conscious for the rest of your life."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Everything you do is for a higher principle. You took the cup, and you nearly handed it over to Valentine."

"That was not our intention. you know that."

"Our intention?" Alec asked and then looked at Clary.

"Was it your intention to risk Izzy's life for hers?" He said motioning to Clary.

"This isn't about Clary this is about you. Now, I'm going to go tell my sister... that she still has a future. Come on Renee." Alec said reaching out for my hand.

"I'm sorry Jace," I said before leaving with Alec.

Alec and I walked out of the room.

"You shouldn't have said that Alec," I said.

"Why?"

"Becuase at the end if the day you still love him. Parabatai or not. He is your best friend."

"Well, maybe I'm sick of always being second string to Jace." He said.

"Alec look at me. Is that what you think? That you come second best? You will always be first to your parents, to your sister." I said grasping his hand tighter looking into his eyes.

"And you?" He asked.

"You will always come first to me," I said reaching to up to kiss him.

"Come on we have to tell Izzy the good news," I said leading him down to the hall to find what room she was in.

There were two guards by the door and they let us in and then closed it.

"Jace and Clary are back. They gave the Cup to Lydia. You're free to go." Alec said

"You were right, they came back. You knew!" Izzy said going into hug Alec.

"Oh, I didn't actually."

"Well, my work is done here. Walk me out, will you? We have some business to settle." Magnes asked before letting to of Izzy and then looked at me. I just nodded.

"Go. I'll be fine. I'm sure Renee would love to hear about my short prison sentence." Izzy said before Alec hugged her again and leaves the room giving me a longing look.

Alec came back into the room a few moments later just as Izzy and I were going back to her room to get her out of that blue dress into something she would actually wear.

"Hey, is something going on?" I asked Alec as he walked up to me.

"I'll meet you in there," Izzy said before I nodded.

"No, just Magnus being Magnus," Alec said.

"Okay, do you want to join me and Izzy for movies. I figured we could all just hang out like old times before the wedding and everything." I said not really believing him.

"Yeah, sure do you want to me get some clothes from our room?" He asked

"Sure, I'll see you in there," I said before Alec walked away. I looked at him. There is something he isn't telling me.

A/N: I am so happy that I finally updated this story. I've been planning on doing in since winter break but never got the time to sit down and just finish it. I haven't started watching season 2 yet because I want to get everything for season 1 done first and then start thinking of plot ideas revolving around season 2.

Please tell me what you thought of the chapter, I always love feedback!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 12.5K 59
In which, Isabelle Lightwood has feelings for her childhood friend who has a lot of secrets. Or In which, one of the most powerful shadowhunters ever...
35.8K 1K 22
What will happen when Clary Fray enters the life of Elizabeth Lightwood, younger twin of Isabelle Lightwood? Will love blossom among the teenage Shad...
1.6K 40 2
'How is it that the best part of me is always you?' 'Well, parabatai, it's just like you said. We're two parts of one soul.' Note: I do not own any o...
22K 391 14
Haylynn grew up as a normal 17 year old girl, has normal friends, and was having a normal life. But one night, that all changed. She and her friends...