The President's Daughter

By BruinsGal93

Jessica Neely, is the daughter of legendary hockey player, and current president of the Boston Bruins, Cam Ne... More

The President's Daughter
Second Encounter
Remaining Strong
Learning A Lesson
Getting Closer
The Message
A Little Game
BAM! BAM! Neely!
A Year of Confusion
I Make My Own Decisions
Should've Listened
Codenames
Datenapped
Trying Something New
Boyfriend & Girlfriend?
Butterflies
Goodbyes
Back Home

Accidents Happen

4.3K 61 14
By BruinsGal93

So I've dedicated this chapter to bebeshipohluv because you were not only the first person to comment on this story but you always give feedback to my other stories as well. I want to thank you for that and let you know that you're a fantastic writer as well. If you guys haven't go fan to her and check out her stories, trust me they're worth the reading : ) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Wait. How do you know each other?” 

I looked at my dad “We met last night. Tyler here saw that I was lost last night when I was looking for you.” 

Tyler then stepped in “Yeah I tried to help her but she blew me off.” He looked at me “Seems like your daughter likes to find things on her own.” 

I shot a glare at him “Well I don’t need help from a man.” 

My dad placed his arm around my shoulder “Ah that is my daughter!” I forced a smile and my dad continued to say “Now I have to go pick your brother up, do you want to come?” 

I was about to say something but Claude said “How about you stay and watch practice?” 

My dad looked at me “That wouldn’t be a bad idea.” 

I glided my tongue over my teeth “Okay, I’ll watch practice.” 

My dad smiled and hugged me “Great. Now I got to get going. I’ll see you later on tonight.” 

I smiled “Okay.”  

My dad smiled once more before leaving the ice. I let out a sigh of frustration and that was when Doug Houda blew his whistle “Alright let’s get back to practice.” 

Big Z then skated over and placed his hand on my shoulder “Maybe Jess can join us. We have a pair of skates for you.” 

I shook my head “No thanks Zdeno; I’ll go sit down at the bench.” 

The 6 foot 9 guy shrugged “Alright let me skate you over there.” 

After getting to the bench Zdeno skated away and as I was about to sit that was when Tyler skated by and said “It’s not like you could keep up with us anyway.” 

I rolled my eyes “Oh like it really takes a lot of thought to skate and chase after a puck. Heck I mean if a brainless bastard like you can play then anyone can.” 

Tyler leaned over the half wall “Then why don’t you go out here and prove it.” 

I lowered my head so my eyes were level with his “I don’t want to ruin this skirt.” 

He smirked “You probably look better with it off anyway.” 

I scoffed and with that remark I grabbed one of the Gatorade bottles and squeezed it allowing the water inside to splash on to Tyler’s pants. 

“Jesus Christ!” He yelled as he back up. 

When he looked at me I grinned “Aw looks like someone had a little accident.” 

I dropped the Gatorade bottle and walked down the tunnel. As I got to the hallway I just leaned against the wall and called Brittany. 

A frustrated Tyler skated back over to his teammates. Patrice chuckled and looked down at Tyler’s pants “What? Did Jessica make you a little nervous?” 

Tyler rolled his eyes “Haha very funny.” 

“Dude I can’t believe that you hit on Neely’s daughter. You know his nickname was Bam Bam Cam.” Chris stated. 

“Look I didn’t even know Neely had another daughter.” 

Milan whispered something to Zdeno and Nathan that caused the three men to chuckle. Tyler looked at them “What are you guys laughing at.” 

Milan turned to Tyler “At the fact that you actually thought you could get with Neely’s daughter.” 

“You just aren’t her type.” Nathan added. 

Now feeling a bit frustrated with his teammates ridiculing him Tyler said “And why wouldn’t I be able to get with Jessica? She is a girl and I never have trouble getting with them.”

Nathan rubbed his nose “Well Jess didn’t even know who you were, besides she isn’t going to be the puck sluts that throw themselves at you. Heck I don’t even think she gives a damn about you anyway.” 

“You don’t know that for sure.” 

Milan chuckled and placed an arm around Tyler “Look Segs, you are a playa and Jessica is a good girl.” 

“How good?” He asked

“Like a VERY good girl. I think that she has had just one boyfriend and that was in high school.” 

“Well she sure in hell has an anger problem.” 

“Yeah to guys who hit on her and come off as jerks.” Brad said as he was eavesdropping in on the conversation.  

Tyler rolled his eyes “Whatever. Behind those good looks Jessica is pure evil.” 

The entire team chuckled and Patrice stated “You’re just mad that she doesn’t want to get with you.” 

“Dude. I don’t care. I’d never even hook up with her, she is a major bitch.” 

Zdeno shook his head side to side “Don’t say that out loud, she is the President now.” 

“And our boss.” David added. 

“She is the president not coach or GM.” 

Nathan looked at Tyler “Segs. Jessica has higher power than coach and even when Peter is here he gives the power of the team to the president, and he allows the president to do what he or she feels is right.” 

Tyler let out a sigh and Gregory said “So you’re basically screwed.” 

Tyler looked at his teammate “Oh thanks a lot Greg.” 

Greg patted Tyler on the shoulder “You’re welcome buddy.” 

Tyler scoffed “I got to get new friends.” He skated away as he finished the rest of practice. 

~

The guys practice ended and in all honesty I didn’t watch a damn moment of it. It’s not like their practice is even that hard, wow skating around for hours really takes skill. While waiting at the end of the tunnel I saw Brittany. I let out a sigh of relief.

“Thank god you’re here.” 

She stopped in front of me “How can you not tell me that you are taking over your dad’s job?” 

“Look I agreed to it last night and I was going to tell you it today anyway.” 

She shook her head “I-I just can’t believe that your president of the Bruins. You hate hockey.” 

I nodded “I know but I’m only doing it for my father.”

“Have you announced it to the public yet?” 

I shook my head “Nope, but tomorrow afternoon Peter is going to announce to the public that I’ll be taking over. And on Tuesday I am going to be going to a press conference up in Toronto.”

Brittany let out a sigh “Wow, it looks like your plan to stay out of the public’s eye is ruined. Seems like everyone is going to know who you are now.” 

I took my hair out of its bun “Yep. I might as well enjoy my last day of freedom.” 

Brittany chuckled and while we walked down the hall she said “You know I never noticed this before, but you are going to be the first female president in the NHL ever.” 

I looked at her “I never really noticed that before.” 

While pondering on that thought I heard someone call my name, as I turned around I was shocked to see it was Tyler. Brittany and I stopped in our tracks.

Tyler stopped in front of us “Hey Brittany. What are you doing here?” 

“Jess and I are going shopping. She needs a new wardrobe.” 

“Yeah, come on Britt we should get going.” 

We were about to walk away but Tyler stopped us once again “Wait, Jess.” 

Did he really just call me Jess? Only my friends and family can call me that, and he was by no means my friend. I stopped and looked at him. 

He continued to say “Look I want to apologize for my actions towards you. I never should have hit on you last night nor should I have said that vulgar remark to you at practice, it was uncalled for and I’m sorry about that. We both came off wrong toward each other, and that person you saw really is not me. So I was hoping yo-“ 

“Hoping I’d forgive you?” He nodded and I just chuckled “Wow what other bull are you going to pull out of your ass? Trying to suck up to me after finding out I’m president, very smart idea.” 

Tyler shook his head “First off I’m not trying to suck up to you at all. Quite frankly I could care less if you were president; I’m trying to apologize to you for my actions.” 

I laughed again “Wow you don’t stop trying now do you? I know exactly the type of person you are.” 

Now feeling a bit offended he crossed his arms “Oh you know me? You really think you know me?” 

I nodded “Yeah. You are the guy who thinks he is the shit because last year you won the Stanley Cup, and now with all the fame you have all these puck bunnies are throwing themselves at you just so that they can get with the great Tyler Seguin. The whole truth of the matter is that you are nothing but a big playa that has no respect towards women or let alone yourself.” 

Tyler ran his fingertips over his jawline a few times “Man you got it all wrong. You don’t know me at all, but everyone knows who you are.” 

I crossed my arms “Oh really? Then how about you enlighten me.” 

“Okay. You are the daughter of legendary Cam Neely. He is a wealthy man, and you were daddy’s little girl. You got everything you ever wanted because your daddy got it all for you. You’ve never done anything on your own, heck you’ve probably never even worked a day in your life. But now your dad wants to show you what it really feels like to work, and you’re having a little bitch-fit because you don’t know how to handle real life without daddy’s assistance.” 

Anger was boiling up inside me after the smear remarks this bastard was giving me. So I just let out a grunt and walked away because I didn’t want to do something I was about to regret. 

After Jessica stormed off Brittany turned to Tyler “Geez that was really harsh Seguin.” 

“Wow, I hurt her feelings by telling her the evident truth.” 

Brittany just rolled her eyes “Jessica is the exact opposite of everything you said. Her entire life she has done nothing but make it on her own without her father’s help. Why do you think that you have never heard about her? Jess wanted to stay out of the public eye and keep people from knowing she was Cam’s daughter. She hates the NHL but became president because she is doing this for her father, and that’s the only reason why she is here. So get your facts straight before deciding to judge her.” 

Brittany ran down the hall to try and catch up to Jessica, leaving Tyler to think by himself. 

The Galleria Mall--- 3:00 PM 

Brittany and I sat down in the food court to get a bite to eat after finishing an enormous amount of shopping. I took a sip of my Pepsi. 

“Thank you for coming with me to get a whole new wardrobe.” 

Brittany took a bite of her burger “You’re welcome, besides you needed professional clothes, now that you’re president of the Bruins.” 

“Shhh! Be quiet!” I hissed. 

She chuckled “Sorry.” 

After finishing I grabbed all twenty shopping bags and headed to the garage as we got ready to leave. Once the bags were in Brittany’s car, we left the garage and headed back to my house. While driving Brittany asked “I have a question.” 

“What?” 

“You know absolutely nothing about hockey right?” 

“Correct.” 

“So how are you going to be president of the Bruins and do your job if you know nothing about the sport?” 

I shrugged “It is not going to be that hard. I’ll just pretend to know.” 

Brittany shook her head “Jess you can’t fake it. You need to know about hockey.” 

“Why?” 

She laughed “Why? Because you are president of a NHL team and it is your job to know about hockey. Now don’t forget that you are going to be at a press conference Tuesday. Jess they are going to be interrogating you with hockey questions and you don’t want to fill in the stereotype that you are a woman who knows nothing about the sport and only got the job because of her dad.” 

I looked at Brittany and she was right. I sighed and she said. “Hey, I can get Milan to help teach you about hockey.” 

“No. I don’t need Milan’s help, I’ll teach myself.” 

“Are you sure about that?” 

I nodded “Yeah I got myself into this and I need to do this on my own.” 

I looked out the window. I had to teach myself about hockey, even though I hated the sport it is something I need to do. Like it or not my job is to know about the NHL, and I was going to. No matter how difficult it might be, I need to push myself. I rubbed my face; it looks like I wasn’t going to be getting any sleep in the next thirty-six hours.  

Thank you guys so much for reading!! You guys are really the best! I can't explain in words how grateful I am to see that so many people actually enjoy reading my stories. So that is why I've decided to start to dedicate my chapters not only to this story but to my other stories as well.  I mean it is the least thing I can do : )

Comment / Vote / Fan <3

~XOXO Lau 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502K 2K 61
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
803K 26K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
4.4M 76.4K 78
Bri is a freshmen in college and doesn't know anyone. She grew up in New York, but her mother shipped her off to Australia to go to school and see th...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...