On the Run (Book 1)

By kthaler

Isabella Montgomery’s life was far from normal. She was the princess of a small Kingdom and was next in line... More

Werewolf
Runaway
Research
The Threat
America
Alpha
Answers
All White
Princess
Second Chance
Alia
Fun
Love is in the Air
Sore Loser
True Self
Too Good To Be True
What Just Happened
The Talk
Date
Explosion
Culprit
Austin
The Past
Mark
War
Run
Surprise
Plan
Leaving
Research
Wedding
Reception
The Fight
Memories
Special Night
Married
Epilogue

Explain

3K 103 5
By kthaler

Jace’s eyes turned from brown to black as soon as I spoke. He seemed like he was concentrating hard as his eyes turned back to brown. He took several deep breaths before he decided to speak.

            “You will not speak to me like that!” He yelled, causing me to flinch slightly.

            He grabbed onto my arm and before I had time to react, he yanked me into the house and Zack shut the door behind me. When he pulled at me, I stumbled and was about to fall when Jace grabbed me around the waist and pulled me close to him. Sparks seemed to fly when our bodies touched and I wasn’t sure why this was happening but I loved it. God, I wanted to kiss those beautiful pink lips of his. Wait, what was I saying? This guy just kidnapped me.

            I ripped myself away from him, and a flash of pain appeared on his face but he quickly hid that with anger. I scanned my surrounding but found nothing, most of the doors only led to more rooms. Why couldn’t things be easy for once? The place itself looked to be owned by a millionaire and had just about anything and everything you would ever need. Jace grabbed onto my wrist and I jumped at his touch. It felt like magic but I had to not fall for his trap.

            “Let go of me or else!” I shouted at the top of my lungs, also tugging my wrist from his hand. His grip tightened and I was only hurting myself now but I didn’t care.

            “Or else what?” He snarled.  

            “I’ll shift and run away myself.” I threatened, not sure if it was a good one or not.

            Jace started to chuckle and I frowned. I had noticed that Zack walked away, also laughing at my threat. This wasn’t supposed to happen. They weren’t supposed to freaking laugh at me. I felt the blood run to my cheek in embarrassment.

            “You’re funny, love. I’m one of the world’s most powerful Alpha and you want to outrun and escape me? Not going to happen.” He said, smirking.

            “What is an Alpha?” I asked, getting frustrated by not knowing what he was talking about. Was it a stronger werewolf or something? He stared at me like a I was stupid. He sighed and shook his head slowly.

            “Don’t play stupid with me, I’m not an idiot.” He said calmly.

            “I’m not playing. I don’t know what it is.” I admitted, using my serious voice.

            “Come on, follow me.” He sighed as he turned and headed for upstairs. I considered making a run for it but then again, I wanted answers and I needed to gain Jace’s trust in order to escape. I slowly trailed behind him, walking up the beautiful carpeted stairs. We reached the second floor when he spoke again.

            “This is where all the guest bedrooms are and where other werewolves from the pack stay when they feel like it.” He said, seeming tired and agitated.

            There was another set of stairs and I followed him up them. Once on the third floor I was confused when I only saw five doors instead of twenty that I saw on the second floor. He must have saw my confusion because he said, “This floor is only for the Alpha, Beta, and other higher rank werewolves. And this is our room.”

            He pointed to the farthest door at the end of the hall but I was snapped out of my thoughts when I realized what he said. He said, “our bedroom.” My eyes widened as I waited for him to laugh or to tell me he was joking, but it never came.

            “Our room?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

            “Yes, what don’t you understand about that?” He asked.

            “I’m not sharing a room with you; I’m not even staying here.” I said, forgetting about my plan to get on his good side and escape them. I wanted to make it clear that I wasn’t staying here with him.

            A growl escaped his throat and he grabbed me by the wrist and yanked me into his bedroom. I refused to say that it was ours. He slammed the door behind us and I stood with my arms crossed, as he growled and anger built up inside him.

            “What the hell is your problem? Why are you acting like this?” He snapped.

            “Um, let me think, you kidnapped me and now want to share a bedroom like we’re a married couple. No thank you.” I yelled.

            “We’re mates, this isn’t supposed to be this complicated.” I snarled.

            “God dang it! I’m not a werewolf!” I shouted.

            He looked at me in confusion, waiting for me to elaborate.

            “Okay, I guess I’m a werewolf but three days ago on my sixteenth birthday I shifted, without a single clue as to what was happening to me. I know nothing of what you, what we are. I’m not even from America; I came here looking for answers.” I explained.

            His eyes widened as he stared at me. He was silent which made me worried. What if he didn’t believe me? What shocked me was that he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into him. He leaned and put his lips against my ear as he whispered, “I don’t believe you, Sweetie. You’re going to have to try harder than that to escape me.”

            I felt my heart almost break into a million pieces. Jace really didn’t believe me. How could he not? Was there something I said that didn’t make sense? I pushed away from him, tears threatening to escape my eyes.

            “I’m telling you the truth.” I yelled, anger getting the best of me.

            I usually didn’t have outbursts like this but everything had changed. He rolled his eyes and headed for the door, leaving me standing by his bed, my emotions all over the place. He opened the door and before he left, he said, “I’ll leave you alone for a little while, so you can cool down.” He paused before saying, “Oh and this room is soundproof so don’t bother calling for help because no one will come.”

            Then he shut the door and I heard him lock the door from the outside. Why was there a lock on the outside? He couldn’t just lock me in here, could he? For the first time I actually got a good look at the room I was in. Black paint covered the wall, giving it a mysterious feeling to it. There were two wooden dressers across the room and two nightstands beside the large king size bed. Just looking at the bed made me drool. God, I wanted to sleep in a bed. After running through the woods and sleeping on the ground, a bed seemed like heaven. But I didn’t want to sleep in his bed, that’s extremely weird.

            There was a large flat screen TV in front of the bed and two doors to the left of the bed. I walked over to the first door to see that it was a large walk in closet, filled with Jace’s clothes. He must have a lot of clothes if he had dressers and a walk in closet. I closed the closet door and opened the next door to see the largest bathroom ever. It was even bigger than the bathroom I had in Cadellan.

            There was a large bathtub that could be mistaken as a small swimming pool, a walk in shower that could fit like six people in it, a large wall length mirror, and two crystal sinks. There was a lot a toilet in the corner of the room. The size of the bathroom could easily be a small bedroom if it needed to be. Wow, this guy was super rich.

            I considered taking a shower, but decided against it. I needed to escape, not bathe. I did catch my reflection in the mirror and gasped. My pale, white skin was now covered with a layer of dirt; my once blonde, straight hair was now a brownish color and tangled, and there were several cuts on my arms from branches and sleeping on the ground. My bright blue eyes were now bloodshot and gray. Everything about me was hideous and I wasn’t sure why Jace would want me when I looked like this.

            I sighed and walked back out of the bathroom, closing the door behind me. Then I was another door but it was a window also. As I walked closer, I realized that it was a balcony. I opened the door up and the fresh air filled my lungs. It was so gloomy in his room, that the change of scenery was nice. All around was the same forest that I had been wandering around in for the past day.

            I looked down and remembered that I was three stories up. There was no way I could escape, right? Maybe I could jump and pray I didn’t break anything. I could climb down the pillars, hoping I didn’t fall. It could work, and I could escape and continued to be on the run from Matthew and find someone else to give me the answers I need.

            “I wouldn’t do that if I were you?” A voice said, causing me to jump. My eyes snapped up to see Zack, standing on the balcony next to me.

            “What are you talking about?” I asked innocently.

            “Jumping won’t work for many reasons. One, your wolf may help you escape injury but not from breaking your fall from a three story building. Two, Jace is right downstairs and you catch you before you could even get off the ground. Three, I’m here and would be obligated to tell Jace that you are trying escape since I’m the Beta.” A growl escaped my throat and I didn’t even realize that it was from me. Oh my God, this was all way too much to handle.

            “Please, tell Jace that I really don’t know anything about werewolves. I swear to you that I’m not lying. I shifted on my sixteenth birthday three days ago and was scared out of my mind. I always thought werewolves were a myth until then. My parents wanted to send me to some priest, thinking he could cure me of this. I need answers and swear that I’m telling you the truth.” I pleaded, hoping he was nicer than Jace and would believe me.

            “Hold on, I’ll be over in a minute.” He said, leaving the balcony.

Here's another chapter guys! To the right is a picture of Zack. Sorry if you can't see the picture, I'm never sure if they work but you can look at the cast list to see the actor. This chapter's dedication goes to @All_My_Flaws. Thanks so much for liking my story and commenting!!! :)

Please let me know what you think about this chapter and what will happen next. I'll update as soon as I can but I'm doing state testing next week so I will be busy, but I will try and write as much as I can. See ya!!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 326 38
"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies." Isabella is a vampire, but she's not just any vampire, she's the Queen o...
3.4M 87.6K 50
[WARNING:Needs Major Editing & has harsh materials that some readers may find disturbing, so read at your own risk.] [A werewolf story] It all begin...
116K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
44.5K 788 38
Table of contents. Coming to school, being bullied, called as a nerd and hated by your own bestfriend. Is the worse thing that will happen to you. A...