Accidental Intentions (A ZAN...

By luvvjungkookie

[COMPLETED] Highest Ranking: #1 in zanemau -08.10.18 "Aphmau, I like you... will you go out with me?" "Wait... More

Author's Note
Character Introductions Part 1
Character Introductions Part 2
[1] Apple Bites and Motorcycle Rides
[2] Blame The Ponies!
[3] Oh No. Period.
[4] A Fangirl's Rage
QUICK UPDATE!
[5] She's Really Something
[6] Big. Fat. Nugget.
[7] (Why's and What If's - Part 1) Shirtless with Shorts
[8] (Why's and What If's - Part 2) Doll, Cutie & Organic Goodies
[9] Why Does Everyone Hang-Up On Me When I Say 'Good Night'?
[10] Accidental Intentions
[11] By The Book Vs. By Her Truth
[12] Predictions By The Crimson-Eyed Witch
[13] Awkward, Awkward, Blush!
[14] Let Go Of Her
[15] (A Play With The Gang - Part 1) No to Romance!
[16] (A Play With The Gang - Part 2) Right?
[17] Unexpected Messages
[18] (A Day in the Life of the Boys - Part 1) And That is None Other Than Dogs
[19] (A Day in the Life of the Boys - Part 2) Coincidental Rendezvous
[20] Thank You, My Loving Older Brother
[21] Pinky Promise
[22] (Aphmau's Birthday - Part 1) What Did You Get Her?
[23] (Aphmau's Birthday - Part 2) About A Half
[24] (The Hang-Out - Part 1) One Pizza for Your Girlfriend!
[25] (The Hang-Out - Part 2) An Elephant's Snore
[26] Brothers Alike
[28] Throw Her At Me, Teach!
[29] (Who is Travis? - Part 1) Hey, Not-Alone Buddy!
[30] (Who is Travis? - Part 2) I Don't Even Know You
[31] Got You
[32] No Pie-Flying Idea
[33] Not As Beautiful As You, Though
[34] (Revelations - Part 1) L.A.G.
[35] (Revelations - Part 2) Green Light
[36] Who Knows?
[37] I'm In Love With Her
[38] You Treat Me For Nothing!
[39] It Always Hurts
[40] What is Happening?
[41] If We Say We Can't, That Means Something
[42] Two
[43] Months of Despair
[44] Check
[45] Graduation Day
[46] An Angel and The Devil
[47] You Will See Her Again
[48] I Didn't Poison It
[49] Maybe Stranger Can Be Turned Into Friend?
[50] Epilogue
[end//author's note] That's A Wrap!

[27] That Was...

265 12 5
By luvvjungkookie

Saturday - November 5

Aphmau's P.O.V.

"Get yourself together, Aphmau!" I whisper harshly to myself, sitting on the shotgun seat of Zane's car.

I continued to fiddle with my ticket, "It's fine, this isn't the first time, you got this-"

I got a paper cut.

I yelped in pain as I glared down onto my thumb which had a nasty scratch from the ice skating ticket. I gently sucked on my thumb as Zane was still filling his car with gas.

You see, me and Zane are on our second "date".

The one he asked me on during that embarrassing Friday.

Oh boy.

If you can already guess, we're gonna go ice skating.

Just before this, we had a nice lunch.

Well, nice for us, definitely not nice for the other customers.

It was that typical rich people restaurant, I don't even know why Zane picked that kind of restaurant when he knows neither him nor I have much pleasing table manners.

Table etiquette wasn't really the matter here, it was more of how loud our voices were when we laughed and shared stories. Not to mention the times when me and Zane would literally snort our food like a pig.

Yup, the elderly weren't please by that whatsoever.

I also don't know if it's because I wore a dress on our last "date" that he expected me to match the dress code there. Yeah, I'm wearing ripped skinny jeans, a beige beanie, a violet sweater, and converse.

But since that's over, now, we are going ice skating after a quick detour to the gas station.

Have I forgot to mention I suck at ice skating?

Zane is actually quite phenomenal with it (cough, cough, his ice cold heart helps with that), he's been doing it since he was a kid as a side hobby, when we had group hang-outs, he never failed to show his talents in skating on the rink.

That's the reason I was quite nervous, I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of Zane if I fall on my butt every single time. And, it's really nerve-wrecking considering it's only the two of us: one whom is amazing at skating and one whom is failing and sucking at it.

"Ready to go?" My train of thoughts was halted when Zane jumped into the car, I hesitantly nodded which signaled him to speed off going to the mall.

This is not going good.

In the past 20 minutes of our 1 hour here, I kept falling, tripping, sliding, and clinging on to Zane for dear life.

"Aphmau, please let go already," Zane sighs as I close my eyes shut. "No, no, I can't! Zane, if I die today, please tell my mom I love her, and tell Vylad I'm sorry for breaking his earphones that I told him he just lost-"

"Aph, let go already since we are literally outside the rink already." He says in a toneless voice.

My eyes shot up and I noticed we were back on land, right beside a bench. "Oh."

"We're just going to take a break for awhile, plus, I need to rest my arm from your death grip. Irene, I think there's bruises forming already," He flinches as he massages his shoulder that I remember I was holding tightly for the past 20 minutes.

I didn't respond and just stared at my lap, biting my lip. "I'm sorry, it's just... I'm embarrassed at how bad I am in ice skating when you're so good at it, I just-" My ramble was cut off by laughter.

"Are you serious? You're embarrassed because of me?" Zane says as he looks at me, seeing as my cheeks turned red almost immediately.

"I-It's nothing to laugh about," I murmur more to myself, alerting Zane completely.

"Hey... It's not like that, it's just..." He said as he grabbed my shoulder, trailing off as he tried to find the right words. "It's just... cute that you feel that way around me."

When I realized the severity of my words, I removed Zane's hands immediately and covered my face with my hand. The other one shaking a 'no' vigorously at him.

"I-It's not l-like that, stupid!" I said blushing. There was a chuckle from Zane before he pulled my hand away from my face, I averted my gaze from him as blush was still evident on my cheeks.

"I know." He said, which made me look at him.

Since when was his eyes bluer and paler than his usual ones?

It's... actually... really pretty.

"How about this, we have about 30 minutes left before our time is up. Let me teach you how to skate a bit," My eyes widened at his words and I shook my head almost too quickly.

"N-No, don't bother. You know I can't learn in that short amount of-" I was suddenly pulled up to my feet by Zane, "Come on! Trust me, it will be fun! I never taught someone how to skate before," He said with excitement as he dragged me towards the rink once again.

After a minute of struggling, I finally gave in and sighed quietly. No longer dragging my feet.

Once inside the rink, Zane gently grabbed my waist and pulled me inside gently.

As my feet touched the slippery ice, Zane supported more than half of my weight. I blushed slightly at the close contact, though I hope it's covered by the coolness of the rink itself.

"Okay, Aph. Listen, I will hold your hand as you take small steps going towards the middle of the rink," He whispered to my ear, automatically making it red from the cold air that puffed into it as well.

"I-I can't," I reply, "That's why I'm going to hold your hand, silly." He said as he moved from behind me to my side.

How the realm can he move so easily?

"There, easy steps," He says. I close my eyes shut as I take very small steps forward. Opening my eyes only when Zane squeezed my hand for comfort; honestly, the contact sent instant goosebumps course through my body.

With each step, I grew more comfortable with the ice, my steps becoming unknowingly bigger. Zane seemed to notice this though because he smiled the whole time.

Making me smile as well.

This went on for about 10 minutes, when we finally reached the middle of the big rink. He decided to let go of my hand.

This alerted me instantly and my eyes widened from the loss of contact. If I wouldn't trip immediately, I would've stormed towards him and ask him why did he let go.

Seeing as that's not the case, I settled for the latter.

"Z-Zane? Why did you let go?!" I panic as I try to let my feet remain planted on the ice. "Okay, Aphmau, now, try going back without my help." Zane instructs which made me stare at him with wide eyes.

"Zane, the only reason I was able to walk here is because you were holding my hand!" I reason which he shook his head to, "I'll not walk you, try to do it, I believe in you."

I knew reasoning with him was no use so I took in a deep breath before walking small steps back.

It was going fairly well for the first few minutes, Zane following my trail.

Until I slipped.

It was so quick I didn't even know what was happening, next thing I knew, I was on the iced floor.

A huge sting coming from somewhere on my legs.

"Aphmau!" Zane quickly raced towards me and bent down, his eyes shone regret and concern. "W-What hurts?" He asks me, holding my hand.

"My ankle," I hiss in pain as I said it. "I'm pretty sure it isn't broken, but I think I sprained it a bit."

"I shouldn't have let go of your hand..." Zane murmured, though I'm sure he didn't meant for me to hear him. "C'mere," He continues which made my eyes widened.

He gently saddled me behind his back, carrying me as he held my legs onto his waist, my arms wrapped around his neck.

"W-What are you doing? You're gonna fall!" I said, concerned at the fact that he was handling two body weights on slippery ice.

"Phenomenal skater, remember?" He smirks as he continues gliding through the ice. I shake my head before continuing, "But you still have 15 minutes! I'm fine Zane!"

"No, you're not. Now don't be stubborn and let me carry you!"

I huffed and just let him be, but the stares from the kids and teens weren't helping as much, making me bury my head into his nape.

"Where are we going next?" I ask as he helped me put my shoes back on. Tying it for me as well, "To the movies,"

"Didn't I owe you a movie? I should be the one to pay," I huff at his stubbornness, "Then just pay for the popcorn!" He chuckles as he goes on to saddle me into his back again.

"No, Zane! Put me down... There are too much people that will see us as we go to the cinema!" I complain as blush crept onto my cheeks.

He chuckled and said in a low voice, "Then let them stare."

*****

The movie was good, but it was definitely awkward receiving knowing smiles from the adults and suggestive stares from the teens and kids around. Even the movie usher couldn't take his eyes off us.

Throughout the movie, Zane kept on putting his arm around me and asking me if my ankle stung. He also asked me if I wanted a popcorn refill.

In layman's term, he was extremely sweet.

With that out of the way, we were back at sitting inside Zane's car, the only clue he gave to me about where we would be going was a simple sentence: "We're going to one of the places that make me really happy."

Zane's P.O.V.

I was excited to see Aphmau's reaction to where I would be bringing her. She doesn't know about this place or that I like going there in my free time.

Frankly, only very limited people know. But I'm quite surprised I never told or showed Aphmau it.

It was a place where I felt at home, to be honest.

"Welcome to My Little Horsies Play-shop!" A new staff worker greeted which I responded with a nod, while Aph said a quick 'thanks' before looking at me with a baffled expression.

"Big brother Zane is back!" A little blond kid, Kyle, greeted as he jumped into my arms. I chuckled a bit as the other kids were jumping in excitement. "How's it going, Kyle?" I ask as I tap his nose, "I'm doing fine!"

He says in a cheery tone which made me chuckle, and for some reason, made Aphmau giggle. When the kids heard this, all their heads snapped to Aphmau. "Who's she, big brother Zane?" Alexis, another kid here, asks with curious big eyes, I set Kyle down onto the floor before clearing my throat.

"Kids, this is Aphmau, my-" I was cut off immediately by Leona, one of the older kids here.

"Girlfriend?!"

I literally choked on my own breath.

"N-No, I'm just his best friend. Hi guys! Nice to meet you," Aphmau interjects as she bends down to the kids' eye level, Alexis immediately hugged her. "She's pretty!" Alexis says to me which made me blush.

"U-Uhh, yeah. She is," I scratch the back of my head, making Aphmau's ear tips red.

Saving me from embarrassment, one of the workers called out, "Come on kids, let's watch an episode first before you guys and big brother Zane play with ponies!"

The kids cheered before going inside another room to screen the episode. I looked at Aphmau who had a knowing smirk on her face and a brow raced.

"What's this Zane?" She asks as me and her take a seat down on one of the bean bags. I cleared my throat again with the tip of my ears red.

"I usually go here to play ponies with the kids here. It's kind of like a daycare and a workshop combined, where the kids can do anything My Little Horsies related. But sometimes, when the parents bring their kids here just for a normal daycare, the kids will still be introduced to My Little Horsies. Seeing as there isn't a reason to bring your kids to a daycare for stuff inclusively to ponies, I decided to help out their failing business; and it's back on its feet now. If you're asking, I do this for free; I love anything pony related so it doesn't really feel like a job that you get bored of." I explain which made Aphmau nod.

"I take it that you're quite fond of kids?" Aphmau asks which made me nod and smile, a small pink on my cheeks. "I honestly thought you didn't, but then again, during that time for the play at the Kindergarten... you handled that one kid quite well. N-No offense, though!" She blushed as well.

"None taken," I chuckle, "But you're right. I don't know, kids are so joyful and carefree, it's contagious. They're the reason for my soft side actually, and..." I trail off, not knowing if I should continue.

"And...?" Aphmau urges me on and I knew she would keep bugging me if I didn't say.

"You."

With that, blush filled our cheeks and silence filled us.

"Big brother! Big brother Zane! Let's play," Yip, one of the other older kids, said. I thanked Yip mentally before smiling and standing up to surround the kids.

"Pony roleplay or pony story time?"

Aphmau's P.O.V.

Zane's words really struck deep into my chest, it made me really happy, as well as the sight of him playing with the kids.

It was not long before I joined them as well, the kids really seemed to love Zane which I admired. I bonded and talked to the kids with a carefree and fun vibe. It was nice.

For a moment it seemed like they were our children. Zane the father. Me as the mother.

It might be weird, but it made me happy and relaxed.

Too bad we needed to leave since all of the kids were already picked up.

It was about 7 in the evening already, and we decided to end the date going to our spot.

So here we were, lying on the grass with infinite flowers beside us, gazing up at the stars. Trying to count them or form animals with them.

Unknowingly, I scooted closer to Zane as I buried my face into his chest, hugging him tight to my body. Soon enough, he wrapped an arm around my waist and nuzzled his head into my hair.

We were cuddling.

This was definitely a first.

But for some reason, it was not awkward at all, rather, it was comforting.

Silence filled us almost immediately, the only sound we could hear was the light breeze passing through the flowers.

"I enjoyed today," I broke the silence as I felt Zane smile. He nodded and responded, "Me too."

I looked up to him slowly, and once our eyes met. I couldn't break the hold his piercing blue eyes had on me.

It actually gave me a chance to stare at his features more: pale skin, piercing blue eyes, soft black disheveled hair, pink lips...

His lips.

What would they feel like? What would they taste like?

With him still holding me close as we lied on the ground, he inched his face closer to mine. Involuntarily, I was doing the same.

"Zane?" I whispered as our lips were just grazing each other, by this time, his eyes were fixated on my lips and I was doing the same.

And then...

We kissed.

Our lips lied on each other perfectly, both our eyes closed as a breeze of wind flew through us and the flowers surrounding us.

After a few short seconds, I kissed back.

It was not rushed or anything, it was loving and calm, making my stomach flip.

His lips were gentle and his hand was softly caressing my cheek, I smiled at that.

He smiled into it as well as he pulled me closer to him, not yet breaking the warm kiss.

But, good things always comes to an end.

We pulled away hesitantly, our eyes opening as we gazed at each other, blush forming on both of our cheeks.

"That was..." Zane starts as I cut him off with a smile, "...the best kiss I ever had." I said and giggled, making him smile before he hugged me closer to him. "It is." He responded.

That was the best kiss I ever had.

~~~~~

EEEEKKKKKKK! I know a lot of you were waiting for this moment so here it is!

Thank me later ;) But I hope you enjoyed this date chapter, I know I loved writing it.

I actually love seeing Zane with kids, it feels so warm and comforting - exactly like how Aphmau feels.

Please vote, comment, share, and all that good stuff if you did enjoy! :D

Listen to the song, as well! Little Wonders is one of my favorites... I get emotional every time.

Until the next one!

-DreamsCPape

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 345 21
After the incident, Detective Tubbo Minecraft hasn't been in the right head space. His father, the head of the office has noticed it and became worri...
208K 7.2K 28
(Y/N) doesn't have a fantastic life. In fact, they don't even like it that much. Their only friends are Gene, Sasha, and Zenix but even with that, th...
1.8K 106 22
A Pirate Valdangelo (Leico) AU This is a really sweet AU where Leo is a pirate captain and Nico is a Victorian sailor All characters belong to Rick R...
1M 65.8K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...