Issues

By W1LDCH1LD

Yeah, I've got issues. And one of them is how bad I need you... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
II.I
II.II
II.III
II.IV
II.V
II.VI
II.VII
II.VIII
II.IX
II.X
III.I
III.II
III.III
III.IV
III.V
III.VI
III.VII
III.VIII
III.IX
III.X
III.XI
III.XII
III.XIII
III.XIV
III.XV
IV.I
IV.II
IV.III
IV.IV
IV.V
IV.VI
IV.VII
IV.VIII
Epilogue
Sequel!

V

1.6K 68 11
By W1LDCH1LD

Setting: Calabasas, Los Angeles County, California

The devil is working hard, but Kris Jenner is working harder.

Pulling into the driveway of the infamous Calabasas mansion, Demi instantly felt the pent-up stress that had been building up all week roll off her shoulders and out of her car. Her week had been hectic but it was Friday and she could finally relax, and she could always use some love from her Mama Kris.

Demi had always been friends with the Kardashians but she had always been especially close to Kris. She came very close to managing her after Demi was legally emancipated from her mother on her sixteenth birthday, but Kris had decided that Demi didn't need a "momager." She needed a mom. So, Kris became that mother figure. Yes, she still talked to her about her career – she was Kris Jenner after all – but Kris treated her like she was her sixth daughter so Demi always felt comfortable confiding in her.

The door was unlocked so Demi walked into the airy foyer, looking into the kitchen and the living room before coming to the conclusion that she was probably in her office, so she walked down the hallway and politely knocked on the door.

"Come in!" She heard, so she pushed open one of the double doors and walked in with a cheesy grin on her face. Kris Jenner was sitting behind her desk, staring at her Mac with her glasses perched on her nose and her signature short cut tousled and messy.

"Oh hi, I thought you had the Gucci screen testing today?" Kris questioned as Demi sat in front of her.

"We finished early..." Demi trailed off, noticing her cover of W magazine on the wall.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe you put that up there!" Demi squealed as she took in how good she looked on that cover. It had kind of been one of her first big magazine covers and one of her favorites.

"I put all of my kids on my wall. How are you doing today? If I knew you were coming over, I would've cooked something," Kris said as Demi shrugged.

"I'm fine. I'll probably grab some takeout or something. I don't even remember if I ate today or not," Demi chuckled as Kris shook her head.

"Well, that's no good. Come on, let's find something for you to eat," Kris said, turning off the screen of her computer before leading Demi back into the kitchen.

"They just restocked my fridge. Is there anything you have a taste for?" Kris asked as Demi sat on one of the stools at the counter.

"Pasta...?"

Kris and every other famous person who didn't have time to cook or simply didn't feel like it had personal chefs who prepared meals, wrapped them up, then stocked your refrigerator with them. Whenever you got hungry, you simply had to pull one of those meals out, warm it up, and you had a five star meal right in front of you. Demi's refrigerator looked the exact same way – stocked to the brim with premade drinks and meals since cooking wasn't exactly her forte.

Silence settled in the room and Kris tilted her head to take a good look at Demi. The younger woman had a contemplative look on her face but she wasn't telling her why. Usually Kris wouldn't have to pry. Demi would just open up to her. But lately, it took a lot to get Demi to tell her anything.

"Kendall's been filling me in on the Trey drama. So, what's really going on between you two?" Kris started, and that's when Demi's face twisted and she knew that's what was on her mind: her boyfriend.

"I don't know. We're just complicated..." Demi admitted, pushing her thick brown hair out of her face.

"You guys are starting to remind me of Kourtney and Scott, minus the babies. It's just all this back and forth. It must be exhausting."

Demi slowly nodded in agreement. She was exhausted of going back and forth with Trey over stupid stuff. They were in love with each other. That was obvious. Maybe that was the problem. Their love wasn't...normal. Everything about them was just so intense all the time and maybe it was just too much for both of them.

"Can I give you some motherly advice?" Kris offered as she pulled the container of shrimp linguine out of the microwave and passed it to Demi. She pulled out a cup of strawberry lemonade and passed her a fork before sitting next to her.

"You know I love your advice," Demi giggled as she rested her head in her hand, propping her elbow up on the arm of the chair.

"I think you need to give it a year. If you guys can't stay together and work out in a year, then maybe this isn't a relationship you need to be in. I know how much you love him but love isn't always enough, sweetheart. So, from today to July of next year if you guys are still having these huge blowouts and you just can't work things out, it's time to let him go," Kris advised as Demi chewed down on her bottom lip.

How many times had she listened to someone tell her to just let Trey go? Probably the same amount of times that Trey had heard the exact same thing. It was easier than it sounded. She was fine if she didn't have to be around him. But it was all like all he had to do was text her or show up at her house or be at the same event as her and she was putty in his hands. And was that healthy? Was that okay? The soap opera that was their relationship just didn't seem all that worth it anymore.

"Thanks. Dianna probably would've just told me to stay with him because any press is good press," Demi lightly joked, because she honestly didn't know what else to say.

"Well, if I was your manager, I'd probably say the same thing, but I'm not. You look up to me as a mother figure so I'm not gonna cross that line." Kris chuckled as Demi appreciatively ate her food. As soon as she swallowed and the food dropped into her empty stomach, she realized that she really hadn't eaten all day.

"Oh, speaking of managers, there was a leak today. I don't know if you noticed or if anyone told you since you had all those meetings," Kris started as she took her glasses off and rubbed the space between her eyebrows.

"What leaked?"

Demi was no stranger to leaked photos. Her stuff had been leaking since she was sixteen. It used to really bother her. People had the audacity to hack into her private iCloud and steal her stuff, or close friends who weren't so close anymore would leak photos of them doing illegal stuff. The worst had been a picture of her kissing a girl. She had never fully come out as bisexual and she was never planning on it either. The asshole who leaked the picture kind of forced her to. Yeah, it helped her sell albums and it made people love her even more, but it was a part of herself that she had struggled with for a while.

"Something that looks like it belongs on the cover of Playboy. Do you know what I'm talking about?" Kris didn't even have to go into specifics. Demi definitely knew what she was talking about.

Two years into Demi and Trey's relationship, Demi decided to get plastic surgery. It had been in her head for a while and after a little pep talk from Kim – yes, that Kim – she decided to go through with it. Trey had been on tour so it was the perfect time to do it. He kept trying to convince her to come out and visit him but she kept saying no because she wanted to surprise him. Long story short, Demi had gotten a small but noticeable boob job. It wasn't anything over the top and no one would be able to tell unless she actually told them, but it was enough for her. She had done a photoshoot and everything, something Victoria's Secret themed since that was how they first met. Then, when he got home from tour she revealed everything to him. Let's just say that night led to a pregnancy scare a few weeks later.

"Anyway, Holly called me freaking out but I took care of it. I mean, it's no big deal. You look beautiful in those pictures," Kris shrugged as Demi giggled. That was such a Kris response. She never got stressed when stuff leaked. She spun it, made Demi feel better about herself, then convinced her to send out a vague explanation for those photos which ended with her telling everyone to mind their business.

"Did you hear that Dianna is writing a book?" Demi asked, taking a break from her food to rake her fingers through her hair.

The thought of her biological mother never failed to piss her off. Dianna was a stage mom through and through. When Demi was first getting signed with her management and her record label, she had tried to have Demi sign some contract that would basically give Dianna 50 percent of all her earnings. That's why she had decided to go through the process of emancipation at only sixteen years old. That's when Kris came into the picture. She let Demi stay with her while she was getting herself together and everything, and even took care of the contracts as well.

"A book?" Kris retorted in surprise.

Their conversation was interrupted when they heard footsteps, and then Kim appeared in the kitchen looking perfect as usual. Her hair was perfectly straight and she was wearing a simple black dress with a pair of Yeezys that Demi was positive hadn't been released yet.

"What book?" She questioned as she started to rummage through Kris's refrigerator.

"Dianna is writing a book," Kris repeated as Kim pulled her head out of the refrigerator, taking in the aggravated look on Demi's face.

"Are we really surprised about that?"

"It's not that I'm surprised, I'm just annoyed," Demi huffed as she picked at her nails. She really needed to get them done.

"Well maybe if you talked to her..." Kim trailed off upon noticing the look on Demi's face, then went back to searching through the refrigerator for food.

Between Arnold, Eddie, and Kim, she wasn't sure who was worse when it came to trying to convince her to talk to Dianna. Sure it had been nearly ten years since everything had happened but just the mere thought of Dianna never failed to piss her off and put her in a terrible mood. If she couldn't even handle thinking about her, what made them think she could handle having a civilized conversation with her?

"Anyway, what are you up to this weekend?" Kris changed the subject once she saw how upset Demi was.

"I have to start the music video for my first single."

Demi usually tried to work her schedule out so that she released music in the fall/winter, fashion in the spring/summer, then tour in between. But this time, it seemed as if everything was all jumbled up. Doing music and modeling at the same time wasn't the easiest task in the world.

"Is it still the same song or did you choose something different?"

"No, it's the same song. They're trying to figure out what to do for the video."

"Well, considering what the song is about, I think you should use Trey in the video. I'm speaking as a manager now but you'll get a lot of buzz since people are always trying to figure out what's going on with you guys," Kris suggested as Demi furrowed her eyebrows.

Needless to say, she didn't interfere in Trey's career and he didn't interfere in hers. It took them a while to even walk the red carpets together at award shows, so using him in one of her videos was a far-fetched idea, even if the song was about him.

Demi's phone buzzed so she picked it up as she finished the last bit of her pasta. It was a notification from Instagram, which she had downloaded back onto her phone after a lecture from her manager.

@TreySongz has tagged you in a post. Speak of the devil.

@TreySongz: I know I'm a little late on the "woman crush Wednesday" thing but I just have to give a shout out to my beautiful girlfriend. Y'all stay in our business but we stay private so I don't usually post a whole bunch of pictures of her but she is the most beautiful girl in the world with the gentlest heart and the kindest soul. She loves me through all of my shortcomings and all I want to do is be the best man that I can for her. I love you my angel 💖

"I don't know, I'll think about it. But I should get going," Demi said after closing out of the app and finishing the last bit of her pasta. She literally scraped the plastic container clean and she was still hungry.

"Okay. Everyone is coming over for dinner on Sunday so I hope I get to see you there," Kris said as Demi threw her stuff away.

"Of course, I'll be there. Thanks for always looking out," Demi beamed as Kris wrapped her up in a hug then kissed the side of her face. She was so lucky that even though her family sucked, Kris was there for her.

SO. I know the story may seem kind of boring right now but I promise it's gonna pick up (rather quickly) after this chapter. Basically, this story is the development of demi and Trey's relationship over the course of a year, and them seeing if it's worth staying together or not. Thanks for sticking with me I can't believe there's already 1k reads on this I thought it would flop 😩
And just so you guys know, I have chapters written already but my goal is to stay five chapters ahead so I only update when I write a new one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 3K 40
Kendall Jenner Taylor Hill Bella Hadid Gigi Hadid Kylie Jenner Hailey Baldwin Ariana Grande Demi Lovato Selena Gomez And others... Requests Open! #...
28.8K 1.1K 45
bask in the glory of all our problems cause we've got the kind of love it takes to solve them
81.8K 2.1K 50
i gave my daughter up for adoption. i just need to get her back. what if she's as messed up as me? -demi lovato.
25.9K 1K 32
I've been waiting...and I'll keep waiting...