tough luck :: josuke x reader

By peachbois

"I want you, I don't know if I need you, but Ooh, I'd die to find out." (Female Insert) (1K achieved 5.10.17... More

-1 :: prologue
1 :: a challenger appears
2 :: milk and fistfights
3 :: ...jealous?
4 :: seeing double
5 :: a little obsessive
6 :: shocking! (pt. 1)
7 :: shocking! (part 2)
8 :: story material
9 :: pull me closer
10 :: ah, rats
11 :: swimming in it
12 :: a rival group
13 :: gone without a trace (pt. 1)
14 :: gone without a trace (pt. 2)
15 :: we meet again
17 :: ...try, try again
18 :: a sorta-kinda break-in
19 :: invaders from beyond
20 :: isn't this illegal?!
21 :: gomennasai
22 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 1)
23 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 2)
24 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 3)
25 :: THE WORLD's final curtain
26 :: thank you, morioh-cho
a little bit about "tough luck"
BONUS CHAPTER :: the aftermath
zoo wee mama
hooray!
lordt!

16 :: if you fail...

9.3K 398 668
By peachbois

A/N
Italics - Japanese
Regular Text- English
---
"Hurry up," Josuke shouted to Okuyasu, who were running as fast as they could to the tailor's. "She said to be there as fast as possible, then she screamed and the line went dead. We gotta go faster than the speed of light!"

Their heels skidded at the tailor shop, and they both gasped - Koichi: on the floor. Bleeding. Jotaro: on the verge of death. On the floor. Bleeding. But where was Y/n?

Josuke thought, "y/n's just hiding somewhere. She'll come out in a minute." So he proceeded to help Koichi and Jotaro.

They sputtered to life. Jotaro stood up, but was silent. Koichi looked around. "Where's Y/n?!" He asked, panicked. His eyes traced to a wall, and they widened as he stared.

"What are you looking at?" Asked Josuke. A tap on his shoulder. "You might wanna see this, bro," said Okuyasu. Jotaro's eyes also traced to the wall.

Seeing y/n there reminded him of his friend.

He put his hand over his eyes, put a hand in his pocket, and did something that Jotaro Kujo hasn't done in 20 years: he cried. The memories were coming back.

But, he remember the way that y/n tried to save them both. How much of a ass he'd been to her, but she still helped. And she still got hurt.

That didn't stop the tears at all.

Ah, the irony - a girl with the stand that delivered the fate to Kakyoin receiving that fate as well.

Josuke screamed and ran over to y/n. "Oh my god! Oh god, y/n, it's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay." His stand frantically worked on your ruined figure, and slowly, slowly, your stomach returned to normal. And you slipped out of consciousness.

You eyes open as you gasped the way someone who had just been underwater would. You pushed yourself off the wall, and immediately, Josuke ran in and hugged you like it would be the last time he'd hug you. But your arms hung limp at your sides.

You stood motionless as his arms wrapped around you and pulled you into his chest. "I'm so glad you're okay," he said, his voice beginning to crack.

You started to shake.

He let go. "W-what's wrong?"

You fell to your knees and started to cry, watching your tears fall into the pavement. Josuke kneeled down. "Y/n, you're scaring me--"

"I'm so sorry."

"What?"

"I-I'M SO SORRY!" You wailed. "I STARTED ALL OF THIS, AND I CANT EVEN---ARGH!" You beat at the ground with balled fists. "I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry." Your hand covered your mouth as your hair shrouded your eyes. And you cried.

Josuke stood above you, unsure of what to do. But then, there was rustling in the bushes from afar, which made everyone (but you) look in that direction.

"I think I know who that might be."
---
(Sorry, but here's another time skip)
---
You all stood in defeat. Yoshikage Kira has slipped through all your fingers like water.

Aya Tsuji: Dead. Yet another frustrating casualty.

"I guess that's it. We'll continue the search tommorrow." You could tell that Jotaro was as frustrated as you were as he walked off.

And you all split again.

As you and Josuke walked back onto the street, his hand grazed yours. You instinctively held it. Josuke opened his mouth, but no sound came out. If only he could say something to make y/n feel better.

You stood at the front of your apartment. "I guess this is my stop," you say, almost inaudible. He nods, unsure of what to do. "See you tomorrow."

"Yeah. Tommorrow..."

And he watched you walk through the glass door and up the stairs.

The moment you closed your apartment door behind you, you went right to your room and hid under the covers of your bed. The though of how you had failed everyone pooled in your mind.

You could have tried harder.

You swatted the thought away like a fly.

Come on!

Just ignore it.

You could have killed him. But no, you waited for everyone else to act first.

You scratched at your head with both hands, begging for yourself to stop.

You IDIOT!

You screamed a frustrated scream and stormed out of your room, only to see it be night outside.

Time slipped by like water through your fingers...

Like him.

You tugged at the ends of your hair, so hard that it caused your own head to jerk forward. Kicking on some sandals, you immediately began to run out the door and out of the building.

You're a failure.

The thought lingered as you ran as fast as you could to nowhere. Your eyes watered.

If you cry...I swear to god.

You wiped at your eyes angrily as you muttered "quit it!"

A few minutes later, you found yourself standing at Morioh bay. You could see the port a couple hundred feet away, and a harboring boat blew its horn.

The stars twinkled as if they, too, were crying. You look at them. "You don't have a fucking reason to cry!" You scream. "You don't have a reason to cry like I do!"

You take a rock from the ground and chuck it at the stars, only for it to fly a couple of meters into the sea. And you threw another. And another. That ozone layer and your lack of throwing skills protected their smug asses.

Sand from the rocks started to get into your eyes, you pushed yourself to believe. You totally weren't crying like a pussy.

You directed your anger towards the ocean as you hurled every rock you could find until you threw out your arm. When you did, you screamed again in anger and frustration and fell to your knees as you tugged at your hair, hard enough for it to hurt but gently enough so that you wouldn't go bald.

"This is my fault," you wailed. "Oh my fucking--- this is my fault!!"

You screamed again as you threw sand at the water. The waves yelled back. They retracted as if to say, "you can't get us, you can't get us!"

Your salty tears made the sand all wet as you covered your ears to stop the wave's taunts. "Stop it, you look stupid," you thought, but you could get yourself up or pry your hands from your ears.

"Why must you be like this?" You said to yourself as you finally sniffed and got up. The moon had sank a considerable amount down the sky, signaling that it was getting late.

You walked back to the apartment, winding through street after street. And it started to rain. What the perfect moment, huh?

And you also happened to find yourself on Josuke's street.

It reminded you of that fateful day that the hurricane hit Morioh.

You could have sworn you had felt him hug you at that moment, but it was just the rain. But how you longed to feel him again, even if it was just for a moment.

You could see his house down the street. The lights were still on and coming through a couple windows, and you debated knocking on the door. "I'm sorry about today," you'd apologize, "would it be okay if I got a hug?" And you would have hoped he'd say yes.

But you didn't. You ran past his house, your sandals beating against the rain-soaked sidewalk and splashing water onto your bare legs.

You knew you'd be shit-tired at school tomorrow.
---
A/N
Hope you enjoyed :)
-Mom

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 4.9K 52
Y/n was living a normal life when she had to move. Her best friend called asking for help and of course, Y/n agrees and moves into her friend's house...
36.8K 1.3K 15
An evil lurks in Morioh, the small, quiet but bizarre town is slowly twisting into something horrifying all because of one man. From 1983 to 1995, Yo...
9.7K 235 13
(COMPLETED) THIS IS CRACKFIC W A LOT OF ROMANCE (ig?) !Warning! This is very poor and rushed writing, read at your own risk, and if anything just get...
61.5K 1K 34
β—‘Μˆβ‹†πŸ…·πŸ…Έ(●'β—‘'●)οΎ‰ βœ¨πŸ„So I got the I idea the reader is a girl who( πšœπšπšžπšŒπš” or Die) in the jjba and now the reader is in the man body got stuck in t...