Evan's Rose [18+]

By MissR12

"...she was my obsession and my most beloved possession..." -Evan "I truly, deeply loved him but sometimes lo... More

Description
Cast..
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 7

119K 3.6K 511
By MissR12

Saturday

The charity gala looked no less than a red-carpet event which was ironic considering it was for raising funds for the needy. But if my years living among the rich had taught me something, it was that money brought in money and Pa knew what he was doing. All the city’s wealthy had arrived. I knew most of them had donated much more than my meagre twenty-thousand dollars but still I was proud of what I contributed. I had everything; it was time for me to give back to society.

“Rose, honey.” Pa wound me in his arms, kissing both of my cheeks. He looked younger than his seventy-five years of age, but the Carter genes were solid. I could see Evan age this gracefully and still be so handsome.

“Have some snacks, dear. It’s going to be a while.” The guests attracted Pa’s attention and he excused himself. I found Claire among the guests and stuck close to her. She wore a beautiful black evening gown with pearls on her neck.

“You look stunning.” She took a step back and gave me a long, appreciative look.

“Me? Have you looked at yourselves?” Claire looked no less than royalty.

I had worn an emerald Versace gown that flattered my curved and showed off a bit of my back through its deep cut. Evan had protested when he had seen me in it but agreed to let me keep it when I promised to let him undress me when we got back home.

Speaking of the devil.

My man made a spectacular entrance even without trying. All the eyes went up to him. Evan commanded attention and power and it came so easily to him. He was effortlessly gorgeous.

I was relieved to see him. He flashed me a smile that melted me from within. I felt powerful when he looked at me with so much adoration and love. He had never said the words because he believed them to be just words that held no promise. Instead, he had promised to treasure me forever. I never understood his ways, but I knew he loved me in his own ways.

A woman, blonde and dressed in a shimmery silver gown walked up to him and called his name. His gaze diverted from me to her. Her red-painted bold lips flashed him a suggestive smile.

I knew that look on her face. I had seen it so many times on the women who accompanied Evan. Evan would attract a crowd of beautiful women every time and just like those times I tore my gaze away from him. It wasn’t their fault. I was mesmerized by Evan the first time I met him too.

But that didn’t mean I was okay with her touching him on his chest and giggling at him suggestively. Evan, however, not once smiled at them and maintained a distance, but it was not enough for me.

“Give him some time. I’ll talk to him again tonight.” Pa must’ve seen where my attention was directed at. “You don’t have to, Pa.” Evan adored his grandfather more than his own father. I would hate to see both of them fight because of me.

“I’m sorry, child. It is my fault that he is the way he is. I should’ve done a better job of raising him. I failed you.” I hated the look of hurt and guilt in his eyes. I could never blame Pa for the way Evan was. I was honest enough to know that whatever choices my husband made in his life were his own.

“You did nothing wrong. Don’t blame yourself."

“Mr. Carter, can I see for a moment?” One of the coordinators drew Pa’s attention and I assured him that I’d find someone to entertain me in his absence.

"Are you lonely, sweet Rose?” The familiar deep voice drew my attention. Up close I could smell his cologne that had notes of lavender and mint among others. I had picked that one for him to wear. “I’ll be alright.” He narrowed his eyes and examined the back of my dress with new interest.

“You’re stunning, Rose. I can’t keep my eyes off you. I was talking to some of my associates, but I couldn’t continue when I saw you look so beautiful. This damned dress doesn’t do any justice to what’s underneath but you’re out here drawing eyes on yourself in that backless dress.” I could tell that was affecting him. My husband was possessive and never afraid to admit it.

“I only want your eyes on me,” That made his lips curve up into a smile. He stepped closer. “You have my undivided attention now. I want to kiss you.” He confessed.

“Then do it.” I encouraged. Oh, I loved it when he got so out of control for me.

“There’s too many people here for the kinds of things I want to do to you.” Yes please! I hadn’t felt so hot and bothered since I arrived. Now I wanted to get out of here with him. “I’m going to tear that damned dress of you when we get back and burn it to ashes. Then you’re going to feel my tongue between your legs until you can’t walk.” His hands came up to touch my face. The rest of his body was calm and composed like he hadn’t just set my blood into a rush. “I’m going to be inside you all night, sweet Rose.”

I couldn’t wait.

*****

The event began, and I spotted Claire at the far end. I was about to go sit with her when I felt Evan take my hand and direct me to sit with him. “You’ll sit with me.” I figured it had something to do with my dress which was not that revealing, but I wasn’t complaining.

We sat down on the reserved seats at the front for the Carter family. Surprisingly there was my name card on the chairs.

The announcer began by thanking all the guests for making it to the evening. He then proceeded to highlight the cause of the evening as well as how the proceeds would be utilized. Children’s hospitals, education and protection were some of the most prominent recipients of tonight’s donations. I was surprised to hear Evan’s name for making it to the top with a staggering amount of seven million dollars raised to his name. There was loud applause, but none could be prouder of him than I was.

I never thought of my husband to be someone who was into charity. But I was so glad he had proven me wrong. He was so getting laid tonight.

“Baby, you’re an angel.” I wish I could throw my arms around him and kiss the hell out of him.

"I am not an angel, Rose. If anything, you are the true angel in my life. You are my lady luck. My lucky charm." I was taken by surprise.

"How come?"

"Everything changed for the better when you came into my life. I never knew true joy until you smiled at me. I also became the CEO of Carter Industries." I could take the credit for bringing him joy, but his success was his own.

“You deserved it, baby. You work hard for it and I am really proud of you."

"Really?" His face lit up. Aw, my poor husband. “Are you really proud of me?”

I didn’t have to think to answer, "Yes." Evan's dimpled smile was the most beautiful thing that I got to see after that.

Someone cleared their throat near us which made me face away from my husband. One of the coordinators looked at us with a distressed look on their face.

"Umm... Miss Jacobs, I’m Leslie. May I speak with you for a moment? Can you please excuse us, Mr. Carter." Evan gave a nod, and I followed the woman out.

“I’m so sorry to ask this of you, Miss Jacobs but I need a huge favor from you.” I let Leslie carry on. “We are having a celebrity dinner-date auction shortly. The guests will bid for a date-night with the proceeds from the highest bidder going to charity.”

I was somewhat aware of these events. “So, what’s the problem?”

“The thing is, Miss Jacobs, one of them can't make it here. She fell from her stairs today and broke her leg and is currently hospitalized.”

"Oh Jesus! Will she be fine?"

"Yeah, she’s undergoing surgery right now. I just got off the phone with her manager. Can you fill in for her, please?” The suggestion was downright terrifying to me.

"Me? I’m not a celebrity, Leslie. Who would even bid for me?" How embarrassing it would be if no one picked me. I shuddered to think about it. Besides, I could picture my possessive husband losing his marbles when he saw me leaving in another man’s car for a date. As tempting as that picture looked in my mind, I felt like we were making progress in our relationship, and I didn’t want to lose it for a stupid pay-back.

"Please don’t say no. Any man would be lucky to spend his money and time with you. You look gorgeous.” I could tell she was trying to sway me by flattery, but I knew better than to be swayed away.

“I’m sorry, Leslie. You can ask someone else. There’s lots of beautiful women out here who would be better in every away. Who even suggested my name to you?”

“Mr. Kennedy did. He told me you wouldn’t refuse since these proceeds directly go towards orphaned kids.” Pa was so wicked to suggest my name. Apparently, he knew kids were my weakness.

I looked at her desperate face and gave in. “For the kids, you say? How can I say no to that?”

I settled back in my seat. Pa hid a grin from me, but I saw him divert Evan’s attention. Several dates were sold raising more money than the targeted amount for the evening.

“Ladies and gentlemen, as we proceed towards the last date for the evening, I present to you our fabulous volunteer whose heart is as beautiful as her name. Let the bid begin for the gorgeous, Miss Rosaline Jacobs.” I stood up and did a courtesy wave. My gaze remained focused on the stage, towards the announcer when I sat down but I dared not to look at the volcano threatening to erupt beside me.

Our Father, who art in heaven…

• • •

Vote
Comment
& Share

I love reading the old and new comments. Y'all are too funny. I'm having a blast here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.9K 1.8K 23
[BOOK ONE.] "I'm straight!" I snapped bitterly, my face burning with embarrassment. Ace chuckled softly. "Your body tells me another story." He tease...
70.7K 3.2K 31
" You can't do this to me please " , exclaimed she fearfully . " I can sweetheart , I can " , he said coldly pointing a GUN towards her " But you sa...
69K 800 17
Once unloved, now an obsession. Book II of Castellan Series: The CEO's Unloved Wife ✅
118K 6K 57
[18+] [Photoframe Series Book #1]🦋 [🎖️The Fiction Awards 2020 winner] It's a new adult love story with a possessive, billionaire hero and scandalou...