Rain. [Tsuyu × Izuku]

By blissade

She sat alone. The rain trickled down from her green, bow-tied hair down to her pink cheeks. She was happy f... More

Rain.

8.3K 151 83
By blissade

"Get home safely Midoriya!"

"C ya Deku!"

"Yeah, See you guys on Monday!"

Today, Izuku Midoriya had decided to take a different way home than he normally would. This route was different. It was prettier and scenic, and Izuku felt as if he needed to get some things of his chest. Most of all, he needed time to put his worries to bed.

He stepped out of the school, head down in deep thought, gripping the straps of his signature yellow bag tighter. The farther he walked, the deeper his thoughts and steps went. By the time he was passing the station, he had already forgotten how many steps he had taken. His brows furrowed as a train track blocked his steps. The gates were down as the train past by. It blew past him, green hair swaying in the wind, leaves dancing across the cloud stricken evening sky.

He was worried about school (as usual)

He was worried about All Might (as usual)

Although, there was one thing on his mind that was rather unusual. Izuku was worried about Tsuyu. Tsuyu had seemed really upset about something the past few days, it was hard not to notice since Izuku was so observant. One of the small things that he had noticed was that Tsuyu had started avoiding Ochako for some reason, and they were normally seen together as they were the best of friends. Izuku thought that Ochako would have noticed it by now, but she claimed that she only thought Tsuyu was spending some 'time away'. He had also noticed Tsuyu slip out of the classroom several times at lunch break when Mina and Tooru where raging on about something fun and spectacular, and she would normally walk out with a face of boredom. Though it is a very well known fact that the frog had (most of the time) a fixed expression, but Izuku could recognise the hesitation in her eyes. Sometimes, Izuku would end up looking for her, and in the end finding Tsuyu dozing off on one of the benches somewhere around the school. Most of the time, she would either wake up or he had to wait for her, seeming as if it was his duty to bring her back to the classroom on time.

The thing that worried Izuku the most was her sudden change in honorifics. She would normally go around calling him 'Midoriya-chan' but that had changed for the past week, and she started being more formal and calling him 'Midoriya-san' or just leaving honorifics out completely. Izuku was clearly shocked by this, and he really wanted to know what was going on so he could help her out in any way possible.

He mentally sighed. 'guess I have to go talk to her... I hope she wont mind.'

'plip'.

A drop of cold water cascaded down from his forehead, making him look up to the sky.

'plip. plip. plip.'

slowly but surely, the sky started to grow dark with electric blue clouds, letting out a slow drizzle of rain.

"A-Ah!! Its raining!!"

'good thing I brought an umbrella. Thanks mom!'

Izuku pulled out a folded, plain looking, see through umbrella from his yellow backpack, extending it and hovering it underneath the rain drops above him. The ground underneath him grew dry as the glass like droplet fell from the hood of his umbrella.

Izuku's pace got quicker the faster the rain fell. though the rain was intense, the skies were still clear and bright, which was a rare phenomenon for the green haired boy to be experiencing.

Izuku walked past houses by the river. He walked past vending machines full of hot and cold drinks alike. He walked past the setting sun. Though, nothing could compare to who he saw along the way.

His eyes widened as he stumbled across an open grassy plain.

A certain green haired girl was sitting in the middle of the plain, shimmering droplets of rain cascading down her bow tied hair. Her head was shifted upwards, taking in the embrace of the cold rain.

Izuku stood there for a while, not knowing how to react. Though the rain was cold, he could feel his cheeks heat up. His heart rate began to grow faster. Not often would he feel this way about someone. Though, he never really knew what love meant.

He started to hesitate over his next actions, debating silently in his head if he should approach Tsuyu or let her be. He tightened his grip on his umbrella and took a deep breath, stepping forward.

'All I know is that Tsuyu is in need of someone, someone who can help her. Someone who can stand by her side and listen to everything she has to say. I can be that someone!'

Izuku slowly paced forward, making sure not to startle Tsuyu. She seemed like she was at peace, he didnt want to disturb that peace.

Taking one more breath, Izuku softly placed his hand on top of Tsuyu's shoulder. The said girl seemed a little shocked, rapidly turning around to catch a glimpse of the person who had confronted her.

"Midoriya?"

Izuku flashed a sheepish smile, lowering his umbrella down to hover it over her head. His jacket slowly became soaked by the bitter rain, but he didn't mind. As long as Tsuyu doesn't catch a cold, he doesnt care. He always was reckless after all.

Tsuyu's eyes widened at the situation before her, rain droplets slowly making its way down the sides of her face. She turned her head to look down, expression full of thought.

"Why- why are you here?"

Tsuyu's previous remark had caught Izuku by surprise, shocked by Tsuyu's sudden reserved manner. Normally the teal haired girl would openly say whatever was on her mind, no double takes. He frowned a bit and slowly moved over to Tsuyu's side, sitting down next to her in the cold evergreen grass. He slowly loosened the grip on his umbrella, resting it against his soaked shoulder still covering the two of them from the calm rain.

Izuku looked at her again, this time giving her a knowing smile. He knew how hard it was to open up about feelings. This time he received a different reaction, one that was longing.

"Midoriya, you know I always say what's on my mind."

Izuku just simply nodded, more water falling from his abnormally curly green hair. Tsuyu slowly placed her hand on top of Izuku's scarred one, causing him to flinch a little.

She sighed, refusing to meet with Izuku's eyes. The next thing she said was completely unexpected.

"Izuku-chan, I think I like you."

The said boy just sat there, staring into Tsuyu's large eyes, letting what she said sink into him. His eyes widened as he realized what she meant, quickly recoiling in a huge blush, causing the umbrella to fall from his shoulder exposing the two to the rain.

His shocked face completely contrasted tsuyu's calm and collected face. She wasn't afraid anymore. She didnt want these unwanted feelings to eat at her heart anymore. She would face these problems head on, just as she always did. Tsuyu Asui loved Izuku 'deku' Midoriya.

Izuku didn't know what to say, nor what to do. He wanted to help Tsuyu out, yet love was something he was rather unfarmiliar with. Sighing, he tried to reply.

"I-I d-dont kn-now what t-to say..."

Tsuyu carried on staring at izuku in a relaxed manner, urging him to tell her the truth. After some thought, Izuku knew what to say.

He moved his free hand over tsuyu's, looking into her eyes underneath the cold rain.

"I... I'm not sure if I can return your feelings tsuyu-"

"Thats ok. Thats fine."

Izuku looked on in confusion, mentally scolding himself for saying something wrong.

All tsuyu did was give izuku one of the warmest smiles she has ever gave, and slowly started to stand up. She walked away slowly, Izuku watching.

"its alright if you can't say the same."

And with that she walked away.

Yet she stopped.

She felt the warm embrace of a hand holding, telling her to come back. Shocked, she turned around to meet its owner.

"Tsuyu pleasd don't leave. I didn't mean it in that way... I meant, maybe, just maybe, I could learn how to return your feelings."

Her eyes widened a bit, not expected that answer. After a while, she smiled. She understood now.

Izuku may not be an expert on romantic feelings, yet he knew that deep down, he admired the girl in front of him greatly. He didn't know why, he couldnt answer how. All he knew is that he wanted to take this opportunity.

Out of sheer delight, tsuyu jumped at Izuku, hugging him. Izuku could feel the nervousness bubble inside him, but thats fine. He began to enjoy this feeling. He slowly hugged her back, still trying to get used to these new feelings.

Without warning, tsuyu kissed izuku on the cheek, leaving him as a blushing mess. He quickly let go of tsuyu, bringing his scarred hands up to his red face. All she could do was laugh.

"I- I think... I really like you Tsuyu. I re-really do."

Giggilling, she moved over from her spot in the wet flowers to rest her forehead on his own, smiling.

"Me too."

They stayed like that for a while, blue flowers dancing in the cold wind.

*

*

*

×bonus×

Izuku nervously took tsuyu's hand in his, flustered. The two stood in front of the polished brown doors of 1-A. Today was the day they were going to reveal their relationship to the class. Nervously blushing, they slowly walked in, hand in hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773K 17.5K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1K 63 17
(The story takes place during and after the Death Gun incident) Sinon's life has been filled with nothing but tragedy. Loneliness, PTSD, bullying, lo...
580K 21.1K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
414K 12.6K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...