no more rules ↠ raura

By ughraura

COMEPLETED. Meet Laura Marano; a bubbly, kind hearted yet consciousness girl who is extremely down to... More

chapter. 1
chapter. 2
chapter. 3
chapter. 5
chapter. 6
chapter. 7
chapter. 8
chapter. 9
chapter. 10
chapter. 11
chapter. 12
chapter. 13
chapter. 14
chapter. 15
chapter. 16
chapter. 17
chapter. 18
chapter. 19
chapter. 20
chapter. 21
chapter. 22
chapter.23
chapter.24
chapter. 25
chapter. 26
chapter. 27
chapter. 28
chapter. 29
chapter. 30
chapter. 31
chapter. 32
chapter. 33
chapter. 34
chapter.35
chapter.36
chapter.37
chapter.38
chapter.39
chapter.40
chapter.41
chapter.42
chapter. 43
chapter. 44
chapter. 45
chapter. 46
chapter. 47
chapter. 48
chapter. 49
chapter. 50
chapter. 51
chapter. 52
chapter. 53
chapter.54
chapter. 55
chapter. 56
chapter. 57
chapter. 58
chapter. 59
chapter. 60
love you
chapter. 61
Chapter. 62
Chapter. 63
Chapter. 64
Chapter. 65
Chapter. 66
listen.
Chapter. 67
Chapter. 68
Chapter. 69
Chapter. 70
Chapter. 71
Chapter. 72 | THE END |

chapter. 4

3.5K 151 29
By ughraura

'You have reached the voicemail of 223-438-5620, please leave a message after the beep'

I've called three times, three times and Jayce hasn't answered. I was confused as where he might be, but also why he lied to me. His dad isn't even home, he isn't cleaning the garage like he said he was.

I grabbed my bag of chips off the rack and slammed it down on the check out aisle, I was furious. Why would he lie to me?

The lady looked somewhat frightened by me as she looked at me softly, "That'll be four fifty seven,"

I handed her the five dollar bill I had brought with me and I grabbed my chips, walking to my car in a hurry, slamming the door I texted him; Where are you? Answer my fucking phone calls.

Putting my seat belt on, I-I shouldn't do this but I do, I grabbed the cigarette from my glove compartment. When I'm stressed, I smoke. I used to smoke a lot in my previous relationship when I dated Andrew Gorin back in Junior year. He got me into pretty bad stuff, but once Ross found out I was smoking, he flipped.

Ross didn't talk to me for days, and I mean like a whole week, he didn't like what Andrew did to me so he took matters into his own hands, getting suspended for fighting Andrew in the cafeteria. He helped me quit, though he thinks.

If Ross EVER found out I still smoked on occasion, I think he'd lose control. I brought the lighter up to the cigarette that I held between my lips; debating on wether to light it or not.

But right at that moment, my phone lit up, Ross texted me: I got Rydel to check my answers, I got three wrong out of the seven, I think I deserve a well earned vanilla ice cream ;) But that'll be another day, hope you're enjoying your date.

I smiled and hesitatingly- removed the unlit cigarette out of my mouth, setting it back in the glove compartment. I started to type: That's good.

But before I set my phone back down, Ross was now calling me.

"Hello?" I answered, forcing my voice of sadness to happiness.

"Don't hello me, what's wrong?" He asked sternly.

"It scares me how you can tell when I'm sad and happy." I confessed, resting my hand on my forehead.

"Aren't you with Jayce, did you guys get into a fight?" He asked.

I shut my eyes tightly, "I'm not with him."

"Why?" He asked, "What happen?"

"Nothing, Ross. Can I call you later I'm driving." I huffed.

"You're driving? Then come drive to my house and pick me up." He said.

"No, I'm not in the mood to hangout Ross." I told him, "I'm sorry."

"I don't care what you're in the mood for, come get me." He said plainly.

I knew that I couldn't get out of not picking him up, either way I'll end up seeing him today because that's how Ross is, once he knows I'm bothered or upset. He'll be by my side.

"I'll be there in ten." I sighed.

• • •

"And then he texted me saying he wanted to reschedule the date because he had to clean the garage with his dad," I explained, I had just picked up Ross and he attached his phone to my AUX cord- and then asked me what happen.

"So he rescheduled the date because he's busy with his dad, Laura.. I don't see the big dea-" He was about to say, but then I cut him off.

"I didn't think it was a big deal either," I smiled sarcastically, tightening my grip on the wheel, "Until I ran into his mom at the variety store.."

I explained to Ross what had happened when Jayce's mom and I talked, and I felt him staring at me. I told him about how his mom was confused, and about how she thought he was with me because he left the house, and about how his dad is at work and Jayce never had to clean the garage.

"Maybe he had to run a few errands." Ross said not really knowing what to tell me, "Don't over think it, I'll ask him tomorrow when I see him at practice."

"And he hasn't answered any of my phone calls." Sadly, I think Ross agreed with my mental assumption too.

"Laura I-" But I stopped him.

"He probably is." I said.

"Don't think that way, you don't know that." He sighed.

I shook my head and looked out the window, hoping it isn't true. Hoping Jayce isn't cheating on me.

"Can you stop off at the drug store for a minute?" He asked, scrolling through his phone to play a song.

"Why?" I asked.

"Please?" He sighed.

I didn't bother to argue, instead, I turned left and started driving to the destination he wished to be at.

Parking, he smiled at me. "Come in with me, this time I need a girls opinion."

I scrunched my eyebrows, "With?"

"Come!" He exclaimed, I sighed and got out of the car, locking the door before walking in behind him.

Following him he headed right into the condom section.

"Ross, oh my God." I groaned, face palming myself out of embarrassment as elders walked by; glaring at us.

"What! I need a girls opinion on what brand is best-" He stated, bending down to look at the variety. "There's trojan, durex, lifestyle.."

"Durex, get durex!" I said quickly, wanting to get out of here.

"Flavour?" He asked.

"Strawberry." I sighed.

He smiled and took the pack off the shelf, "Thanks, hopefully Vanessa likes it this Friday."

"You're disgusting." I rolled my eyes and nudged him.

"Think of a new insult," He chuckled, and nudged me back.

Walking up to the cash register, I felt slightly uncomfortable- Yeah Ross and I are just strictly best friends but strangers don't know that, for Christ Sake we're buying condoms right now.

The old dark skinned cashier, looked at both Ross and I before scanning it through, making me step back a bit and bite my nails.

Ross pulled out a ten dollar bill to buy it and received a five dollar bill in return, grabbing his box of condoms like it was a box of cookies- he's obviously used to this.

I frowned at him, not liking how he is with girls. Never settling down, but it's Ross.

"For the record Laura," Ross smiled, making me look over at him. "If Jayce is cheating on you, which I don't know is true or false, it's definitely his loss."

I smiled even though that broke my heart, "Thanks, Ross."

"Now for getting seven algebraic expressions right out of ten, I think I should get my ice cream now." He said enthusiastically, the proudness glowing on his face.

"Fine," I smiled, "Let's go."

~~~
IT IS SO HOT OH MY FUCKING GOD😭😭I hate having gym this semester, my gym is so mucky and humid because there's no A.C 😩 I hate school so much, hope you guys enjoy this book so far 😊 I'll probably update again soon🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.9K 27
Calum's ready for a new movie. He really wants to make it worth it. And in order to do that, he has to come up with the perfect cast and crew. Which...
112K 2.3K 24
A/N, Warning: this book is so old and I made it when I didn't know how to write properly, so it's kind of ridiculous and not logical. There's grammar...
339K 10K 75
At first, Laura Marano is the most popular girl in school. On the other hand, Ross Lynch is the geek. But they hate eachother's guts. However, a proj...
52.6K 2.2K 29
Laura Marano's been helping her friends get together with their crushes to become a couple. Then at the beginning of Senior Year, her best friend wa...