A tale of two Night Fury's: T...

By ToothlessLover777

This the story of Shadow and Toothless. Please go check out my other stories for more information on them by... More

A tale of two Night Fury's: Toothless and Shadow
Chapter 3: Nesting Grounds
A/N Sorry!!!!
Chapter 4: The Gang
Chapter 5: Nosedive death....
Chapter 6: The past and the present.
Dawn of the Dragon Racers!
Chapter 7: Abandoned
Chapter 8: Sharpshot
Mass Shoutout
Mass Shoutout (2)
Mass Shoutout (3)
Chapter 9: The End

Chapter 2: Shadow the Different Night Fury

13.5K 267 71
By ToothlessLover777

/~~Toothless's POV~~/

I dived down landing in the forest, careful not to be seen. 

I heard the distressed roar again and debated whether or not to roar back. I have found another Night Fury I thought excitedly. I couldn't leave now. I couldn't abandon my own kin, I had to help.

I roared back, the Night Fury call.

My ears perked up as I listened to the response. Yep definetly Night Fury. I jumped into the air, swiftly dodging through the trees, I enjoyed the freeness of flying by myself but I also missed the familiar wait of Hiccup on my back.

I soared over the trees. Before I knew it I had come back to the Outcast settlement. I heared the roar again and looked down to see a Night Fury being restrained by around 2 dozen Outcasts.

I dived, feeling the plazma blast forming. I let it go in one shot of burning anger at the Oucasts. The ran to grab weapons. Before I knew it arrows were flying at me preventing me from getting any closer to the black dragon below. 

She roared again finally breaking free of her bonds. She rose up into the air behind the Outcast's, the sun glinting on her scles. Wow. While I was distracted by her beauty, an arrow fired at me catching my wing. I roared in agony, just flapping my wings made the arrow slide around in the wound, making it bigger. More arrows began shooting at me as the Outcasts caught on to what the first had done. My wings could hold me up no longer. I glided down to the ground. The Night Fury, which I now realised was a female, covered me stopping the Outcasts getting any closer to us. 

"Stay down" she growled at me. I ignored her attempting to get back into the air. 

She landed in front of me. I watched her digg her claws into the earth curling them, the ground began to shake. She lifted her head to the sky and roared so loud I wanted to cover my ears. She spread her wings out still holding onto the ground. I could see she now had her eyes closed and mouth set in a firm line. I watched in astonishment as parts of dirt around us raised in great clumps, carrying the outcasts with them. They tried to jump of but the dirt was to far up to jump and get to the ground safely. She then rose up into the air steadily. She was so far above me now all I could see was her wings beating steadily up. She dived. folding her wings at her side she dove towards the earth like a bullet. I roared at her to stop, she was going to hit the ground. At the last minute she spread her wings. A loud bang erupted around us and the clumps of dirt holding the terrified outcasts fell to the ground. The impact of them falling to the ground made my legs shake. 

The female landed in front of me proudly. "We need to go, they will wake up in a few minutes feeling pretty terrible, do you think you can fly?" she growled. 

"I think I can manage." I snapped. Whatever this dragon was I didn't know whether I should trust her yet.

We leapt into the air flying off towards the forest. My wings burned in protest. I angle myself towards the ground were the femal Night Fury had found a clearing. She reached the ground faster than me which made me slightly annoyed.

I growled slightly as I folded my wings by my side. 

"Are you ok?" she warbled at me.

"I'm fine" I replied stifly. I walked over to a pond and eagerly drunk from it. "What are you?"

"A Night Fury, like you" she growled. 

"But I can't do that stuff." I could have kicked myself for admitting it. Now she had an advantage over me. 

"You can, you just haven't been trained." she growled. 

"You were trained?" I asked wondering if she new of anymore Night Furys, Hiccup wanted me to find a mate but I wasn't about to choose this dragon. 

"No I'm a random dragon like you and everything I just showed you I discovered by chance." She growled sarcastically. 

"I'm not random" I hissed threatiningly. "I killed the Red Death, me and my partner of the sky." 

"Yeah right" she rumbled laughing. "So your saying your Toothless, the most famous Night Fury of all time." 

"Yes infact, I am." I said standing up proudly. 

She looked at me and burst out laughing. 

"Don't believe me, well look at this." I snapped showing her my prosthetic tale, it was made of black leather. From a distance you couldn't tell the difference, but up close you could see the scales on  my good tail fin that weren't on my other one. 

I saw the female's eyes widen as realization dawned on her. 

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" she growled at me bowing. 

I had wanted the dragon to be sorry for calling me random and normal. but this was to much. Bowing really?

"Please ummm... whats your name?" I asked awkwardly.

"Shadow." she said still bowing. 

"Shadow please stop bowing." I said staring at her. 

"Yes sir, it's just that my parents taught me that if I ever found a dragon of a higher ranking than me I was to bow before them." she said looking up at me with wide eyes.

"Ok don't call me sir." I grumbled "It makes me feel old, and I'm not ranked higher than you." 

"But you killed the Red Death!" she growled. 

"I had help from my friends." I said modestly. 

"Well anyway sir, we need to get food" she said, I glared and she realized that she had called me sir again.

"Please Shadow call me Toothless." I smiled showing my toothless gums that had given me my name. 

"Ok.... Toothless." she said softly smiling back.

We went fishing and Shadow showed me different ways to catch fish. She was quite talented I had to admit. She kept talking to me as though I was her master, almost like how Hiccup talked to his father. 

As we set down to rest for the night my wounds troubled me again. I hissed sharply. Shadow looked up inquisitivly. 

"My wings." I explained. 

"I can do something about that." she growled. She walked closer to me, I backed away. "I'm not going to hurt you Toothless" she laughed. I watched as she breathed over my outstretched wing, small sparks flew from her mouth. I looked away praying that nothing bad happened. I imediatly felt better, when I looked down the arrow holes were gone. She walked around and did the same to the other wing this time I watched curiously as my skin closed up.

"How did you do that" I growled folding my wings by my side with no complaint.

"Have you ever noticed how fire doesn't hurt us?" she asked. I remembered back to when Hiccup and I had fought the Red Death, my tail had been engulfed in flames but the fire had only effected my prosthetic tail fin. Then when Hiccup had got knocked off before we crashed. I had flown after him through the flames. they had had no effect on me, infact I could have sworn they were what...

"Saved you" Shadow growled as though she had read my mind.

"What?" I asked. 

"Everyone knows your story Toothless, your a legend. When your viking fell off and you flew down to save him. Fire doesn't injure us it makes us stronger." 

I nodded thinking about Hiccup and how much I missed him. 

"I'm sorry Toothless, I didn't mean to bring the viking up" she said shamefully. "I'm sure you loved him very much." 

"I still do." I growled sadly.

"How, I mean he's gone."

"What?" I asked growled surprised. 

"I thought he ummm...you know, and you were coming back...." she growled trailing off. 

"I'm going to the nesting grounds, again not finding a mate I will go back to Berk, back to Hiccup." 

"Oh well I thought you were going to come back to the wild and that Hiccup was dead or had died in the crash." she growled looking at the ground. 

"I have to go back, he's my best friend." I growled. "And he is most defineltly alive." 

"Oh" Shadown replied disappionted.

"Thankyou for helping me with my wing" I thanked her. 

"No problem"

I curled up to go to sleep she followed my example curling up a few meters from me. I shivered slightly as a cold wind blew through the dark trees. I summoned a plazma blast, but let it fade, imeidiatly I felt warmth spreading through me. I began drifting off, before I fell asleep I looked quickly at Shadow, she was already deep in slumber. I let sleep take me as darkness engulfed me like the flames that had supposedly saved me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone:D 

I fianlly updated sorry for the long wait:D

Hope you all like this chapter. 

If you like this book please go and check out my other book, Love in the Time of Dragon Riders. It also has Toothless and Shadow in it, but it gives away what happens a bit:)

Love

❤ToothlessLover777❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.2K 2K 25
There is dragon in Berk... But what if there is ... A half-dragon and a half-human... A white night fury who all human want to kill if they met you...
675K 13.8K 25
Y/n is a night fury. Thought to be the last one of her kind. And then things changed. Y/n met Toothless. And hiccup. And the twins. Life changed into...
647K 16.3K 107
Hi, I'm (Y/n)! This is my story; well, my version of it. This is the story of how I met my best friends, my absolute best friend (my dragon) and beca...
9.8K 245 27
What if Hiccup left Berk when he won the chance to kill a dragon all those years ago? Six years after Hiccups mysterious disappearance, a new Chief...