Ellasyna [Ceaelie #1] | compl...

By bibliopole-

Valia Talin isn't human. She's a Ceaelie, a being who can control the elements, along with other abilities. I... More

Copyright
i | The Ancestral Ceremony
iii | Dark Imaginings
iv | The Boys in the Woods
v | 1922
vi | The Commander
vii | Beast of Shadows
viii | Dancing With Fire
ix | The Journal
x | Bloodshed
xi | An Abundance of Secrets
xii | Blood and Nightmares
xiii | Spirit Induced
xiv | They Will Arise
xv | Shattering Boundaries
xvi | Gunpoint
xvii | A Darker Power
xviii | Close Encounter
xix | Burning Blades
xx | A Beautiful Death
xxi | Blood Stained Snow
xxii | A Healing Touch
xxiii | Promise of Destruction
xxiv | Betrayals
xxv | Tempting Fate
Authors Note
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

ii | Regrets

634 37 27
By bibliopole-

© Stephanie Anne and Dee Atkins

                  Chapter Two

The journey back through the tunnels was a long one, especially since I couldn’t stop thinking about everything the Commander had told me. His words were still running through my mind, the sinking feeling in my gut still there, the whole ‘I’m going to die’ managing to find its way back into the forefront of my mind once more.

       The Commander had kept me in his office for hours, spilling over maps and charts, telling me about their world - or what he knew of it. One of the Major’s had even ventured out to bring me Mortal ‘clothing’, which included thin pants and a very short shirt. As soon as I saw it, I was disgusted. All I wanted to do was tell my brother to burn them into ash.

       But I still couldn’t help but think about Kali. Had she gone through the same thing? Been told the exact same procedure as I had? Was she afraid? Of course she wasn’t; she was Kali, the brave warrior who was going to complete her training early and receive her marks, who would have been at the ceremony with Ash and Marceus, who would have become a Captain or a Major or even a Lieutenant or a General - she was strong enough to be any. Then she would have married Marceus and they would’ve helped with the training of the lower levels.

       But Kali couldn’t do any of that, not anymore.

       My mind was overloaded to the point it felt like it’d explode at any minute, and it wasn’t a pleasant feeling. I felt nauseous. I felt sick. Ceaelie hardly ever got sick. I’d only ever been sick once or twice when I was young, but never again after those very limited times. But now that I actually had a mission, a dangerous, life threatening, important mission, I felt horrible. I just felt like I needed to sleep this whole ordeal off, but I knew I couldn’t do that. I had to train harder and faster until it was time for me to leave. I still had to tell my family, and that was making me even more nauseous.  

       And the closer and closer I got to the surface, the more and more nauseous I was becoming. So when I stepped out into the light my stomach dipped when I felt a number of searching eyes boring straight into me, making me nervous as I gulped.

       The prying eyes followed me as I made my way down the winding paths of the village. The sun beat down heavily upon me, the rays hitting my cotton clad shoulders, my swept up hair - anywhere it could to make sweat pour off of me.

       I winced as I passed a group of Newly Marked, each one of them showing off the intricate tattoos they got the day before, and I bowed my head, letting as much hair fall into place. Why me? It was an honour. It meant that I could be trusted with this information, that the Commander and the rest of the other leaders thought I would be strong enough to do this. But did I think so? Not really. Sure, I was cocky at times, but at the thought of going off to do something this dangerous, to maybe end up dead like Kali, send shivers down my spine.

       “Valia!” I turned at the call, running head first into a man’s very tanned chest. I scrunched up my nose and stepped back, rubbing my face.

       I looked up into the deep set eyes of Keenan, who wore the same determined smirk as the night before. I gave him a small smile, dropping my hand.

       “I heard you got called to see the Commander.” His brow furrowed, blue eyes trailing down the length of me, looking for anything out of the ordinary. “I just wanted to see what happened,” he ended, shrugging. A smile began at his mouth, eyes crinkling.

       I pursed my lips, eyes scanning the busy square around us, wishing for Father or Mother to appear to take me home. That way I wouldn’t have to tell Keenan anything.

       So, I shrugged, meeting his eyes. “I’ll tell you later. I just have to see my parents first.” He glanced behind me, then met my eyes once more.

       “Yeah. Will I see you at festivities tonight?” I nearly groaned, thinking about the ‘farewell’ festivities we would have to endure, though these would be absolutely horrid - they usually were.

       “Maybe,” came my reply and I was off, winding my way down the busy paths, over the small bridge of clear, pure water and through the meadow that led to my family’s home. The stone of the walls of the cottage greeted me as I bounded up the steps, pushing the oak door open. The scene before me was of my mother braiding my sisters hair, my brother and father speaking, and my other sister reading a book. Everything looked so serene, peaceful.

       Until I came barging in.

       The scene soon turned into chaos - my brother leaped from the chair he was perched on, bounding towards me, my little sisters following suit. Mother and Father looked confused for barely a moment before it dawned upon them that I had been with the Commander.

       “Everyone quiet!” Father bellowed, his voice ringing out around us. The yelling around me came to a sudden stop as each pair of eyes locked onto me, making me gulp.

       My mouth felt dry as if I hadn’t drank anything in hours, my palms were growing sweaty with my anxiousness and my head was starting to pound with nervousness as my heartbeat sped up in my chest. I knew they were all waiting patiently for me to start explaining, but I just didn’t know how to start. But the more and more intense their gazes became the more and more I found myself shaking until the words just started spilling from my lips.

       “The Commander summoned me to his quarters to speak to me about a mission,” I started, avoiding eye contact with each and every member of my small family in fear of what their expression may reveal. “He spoke to me about the human world and what is hiding there. A weapon that can destroy us all is within the clutches of an evil human by the name of Arnold Winchester, and he wishes all of our race dead, and if this human figures out where we are, where each individual Ceaelie village is, he won’t hesitate to slaughter us all.

       “The Commander bestowed a mission upon me. I must go to the human world to retrieve the weapon before it is too late and Winchester finds us. The Commander chose me for the job because he said the Ceaelie needed someone just like...Kali to do the job. And I was the perfect choice.”

       I looked up to see them all with different expressions. My sisters looked frightened and sad, my brother angry and serious, and my parents looked shocked. “And before you all tell me not to do this just because Kali didn’t succeed it’s too late. I’ve already accepted the mission, and I can’t back out now.”

       My Mother gasped, gripping my Father’s shoulder for support and I could see the tears swimming in her eyes. “Valia,” she whispered, looking at me, and I gulped as I waited for her scolding words, but they never came. Instead she stepped forward and pulled me into her embrace, startling me.

       Her arms were snug around me just like they always were when she hugged me, and I wrapped my arms around her to return her embrace, closing my eyes as my head rested on her shoulder. “You’ll do us proud, sweetie,” she murmured into my ear. “I know you will.”

       I smiled slightly as I pulled away and looked at the others, noticing Ash had disappeared, making me frown. Father smiled apologetically at me. “Ash is out back. He just needs some time.”

       I nodded. “I’ll explain everything more clearly at dinner, I promise.”

       My sisters had kept quiet for so long I hardly even noticed them standing in the corner. They were usually bouncy and energetic and loud. But now...after I’d told them the news they were silent.

       Just as I was about to go to them Father spoke up again. “Maybe you should get in some last minute training before you leave.”

       I nodded as Mother looked at me. “When do you have to leave for this mission?”

       “Not for a while I’m suspecting,” I said.

       “Go on,” Father smiled stiffly, letting me know he was keeping his true emotions at bay. I just nodded and left.

       As I left the warmth of the cottage, I could feel an icy breeze coming in from the North, hear it howling through the trees as it hit me. My cheeks and nose turned pink in the numbing air.

       I began walking towards the clearing Marceus and I used to train, crossing over the small foot-bridge, walking along the small river until I came to the building where we were taught the ways of Ceaelie. Made of stone and crystals, the old structure was built in between two great oaks, their branches the shade of the roof. Behind the Academy were Weeping Willows with buzzing bees and butterflies. And beyond that, a great dense forest.

       I slowly picked my way through the undergrowth, my feet falling in awkward positions. But I knew this forest like the back of my hand, and was able to make my way to the clearing without thinking about it. There, in the midst of the rocky area, stood Marceus. He was tall and shirtless, his back to me, muscles straining as he moved. The blade he held flew through the air swiftly and silently, and soon I was thinking about another night, far from this day, one I had not wanted to think about since Kali left.

       I was walking through the forest on my own, listening for the voices of the younger Ceaelie. Marceus had invited me to Kali’s farewell party, the one he - and the other Ceaelie their age - were throwing for her before she left for her mission. All I could think about was the fact that Marceus, a boy older than me, more skilled, was asking me to break curfew was one thing; the fact my older sister, who was in love with Marceus, was also going to be there was another.

       Nervously I stood at the edge of the clearing, watching the older kids dance and laugh around the small fire. Boys who had recently received their marks were creating fire dragons.

       I lifted my chin, searching for Marceus or my sister, looking over the taller figures of the older kids. I wasn’t short like others my age; sadly I was tall and gangly, around the same height of my sister, who, evidently, I could not find in the crowd.

       Sighing, I weaved through the throng of people, coming to stand by a bed of rocks. I crossed my arms over my chest, eyes still searching the pasture for Marceus’ tall figure, or my sister’s long, dark hair.

       Suddenly I heard a distinct giggle. Turning my head, I could see my sister’s face, her large eyes shimmering and a large smile spread across her face. She held the hand of a boy who was a head taller than herself, his body turned away from me. But I could see his light brown hair, and as he turned his head, I could see his green eyes. But they were focused on my sister.

       He leaned closer, his lips (ones I had imagined so many times) met my sister’s. I could hear her gasp in surprise. I swallowed, feeling something in my chest tighten. Before they could see me, I ran, ran back home before anyone knew I had left.

       I could still imagine that night. It was that night I knew Marceus’ feelings for my sister, and knew I couldn’t play on them. He was in love with her - who wouldn’t be? Kali was perfect, and I was her little sister. I never told anyone of that night, and I don’t plan to.

       Suddenly a dagger was hitting the tree beside me, implanting itself in the strong bark. I leaped away, eyes wide, startled that I’d been caught off guard. I was never caught off guard. The memory must’ve been too deep. I got distracted, one of the flaws I’d have to work on if I was to venture out into the human world for my mission.

       I looked up and my dark eyes met a pair of bright green ones almost instantly. A mischievous smirk had settled on his thin lips as he rose a dark eyebrow at me in amusement, obviously thinking catching me off guard for the first time in a long time was entertaining. His muscled arms were folded across his chest and I could clearly see the water symbols that lined his skin, the lapping waves of different coloured blues rising over his broad shoulders and brushing down his biceps, across his chest to the base of his neck, riding up his ribcage to where I knew there would be more on his back.

       “Spying on me, were you Valia?” said Marceus, that amused and confident smirk still in place as he eyed me thoroughly.

       I narrowed my eyes as I started walking around him. “Now why on earth would I need to do that, Drakmyr? You may think you capture my interest, but you simply don’t cut it.”

       His smirk fell away. “And I suppose Shinpi does then?” His whole body was tense as he awaited my response.

       “Jealous, are we?” I mused, chuckling lightly, the sound bouncing through the air.

       He scoffed. “No, of course not.”

       “Could’ve fooled me,” I smirked, eyeing him.

       He gulped under my intense gaze as he watched me circling him with scrutiny. His bright eyes never left me as I did a complete circle of him, assessing him, searching for weak spots before we started training again. He remained silent as I came to a halt back where I started, gaze unwavering from my face.

       My hand moved to the hilt of my Katana and I noticed his eyes follow the movement. “So, are you just going to stand there, or are you going to fight me, Drakmyr?”

       He gripped his Katana and let out a yell as he lunged at me, swinging the blade fiercely, and hurriedly and precisely I defended his blow with my own sword, loving the ringing sound that resounded through the air when our blades connected. My eyes narrowed in excitement as we swung at each other again. His face was determined, eyes focused on what he was doing, just as mine were.

       We spun around each other, never stopping the swing of our blades. He swung high and I met the blow, and before I could even blink he sent a low blow, which made me gasp as I jumped. He was at my back in a split second and I rolled forwards to avoid being hit where I wasn’t protected, rising to my feet springily once I was a few feet away.

       He let out a puff as he smiled slightly. “What, tired already, Princess?” he taunted, and I smirked in return.

       “Not even close,” I huffed before charging and jumping, swinging my blade downwards, which he blocked with his sword. He sent me a jab which I spun away from, smiling as my heartbeat accelerated with the buzz of excitement and adrenaline rushing through my veins.

       When he wasn’t looking I sent a kick to his ribs, making him grunt as he stumbled back a bit, eyes narrowing as he lunged, grasping my arm with one strong hand before he pulled me close, holding his blade up to my neck as he smiled victoriously. But he wasn’t smiling long, since I sent my heel smashing into his foot, making him yelp and his grip loosen, allowing me to get away from his hold, spinning in a circle before I held my sword up in defense.

       We both just stared at each other a minute before we both went at each other again like furious beasts, slashing and thrashing, slicing and dicing, swinging our weapons at each other like crazy. Beads of sweat dripped down the back of my neck as I spun and swung at the same time as Marceus, making our blades cross once more with a clang. The only sounds I could hear were the clanging of steel upon steel, the sweet chirps of the birds in the trees and the howling of the steadily increasing winds.

       I was caught off guard when I felt a slicing pain shooting through my upper arm, making me gasp as I looked, seeing a red substance soaking through my sleeve. When I looked at Marceus his eyes were wide, and I took his distraction to my advantage, swinging at him, and I managed to scrape his ribs, making him grunt and his eyes narrowed and he let out a yell, swinging at me again.

       He gripped me by my sore arm, pulling me forward, making me gasp in pain but before he could do anything I swiped my foot under his legs, tripping him in the process. A grunt escaped his lips when he hit the ground, and I held my sword to his neck, smiling deviously. His eyes widened as he stared up at me with something that resembled awe in his eyes.

       “Giving up already, Drakmyr?” I teased, smirking. “Surrendering?”

       His eyes narrowed and just as I was about to claim my victory his foot swept under my legs, making me gasp as I toppled to the ground beside him. Before I could even blink he was gripping his blade and had it held to my neck, making my eyes widen this time. His smirk was evident on his handsome face and all I could think of in that moment were those lips, those surely soft lips pressing against my sister’s, and I gulped, rage boiling in my veins as I started shaking, the blood bubbling, my eyes no doubt changing to a darker shade.

       “If anyone is surrendering, it’ll be you, Princess,” Marceus said, winking.

       I hissed and gripped his arm tightly, digging my nails in as hard I could until I heard a satisfying yelp of pain. My grip tightened as I pushed the sword away from me and swung my leg over him, straddling him to get better access and I gritted my teeth as I pushed the blade up against his neck. The sharp edge of the blade cut into his skin, though just a prick, but it made him gasp anyhow. His eyes connected with mine as he gulped.

       “Surrender yet?” I whispered softly, and he froze under me, moving his hand up to cup mine around the hilt of the sword.

       “I surrender,” he whispered back just as gently as he held my gaze, pulling my fingers away from the hilt, loosening my grip and when I’d released the sword he threw it lazily beside him. His eyes travelled over my face, an admiring glint sparkling in the bright emerald green of them.

       Before I could even blink he spun us over so he was hovering over me and I gasped in shock. His eyes roamed over my face as his fingers brushed over my cheek, making my eyes snap up to his. “You did good,” he murmured. “Almost as good as her.”

       My eyes averted from his as I tried not to let his words affect me. Why did everyone keep talking about her? I was trying to forget. So much for that idea.

       Warm breath fanned across my right cheek, making my eyes flicker back up to his. “You remind me of her, Valia,” he muttered, eyes flickering over my features. “You look so much like her.” He paused as his fingers brushed a stray hair from my eyes. “Your eyes are the same; your hair, your lips, all your features.”

       I gulped as my heart constricted in my chest. I placed my hand on his bare shoulder, making his eyes flicker to where I touched his skin gently before he looked into my eyes again. “I need to go,” I whispered hurriedly, pushing him away as I stood, collecting my Katana and sheathing it before I turned to leave, but his voice stopped me.

       “Valia, wait,” he said, making me pause, looking over my shoulder to see him still on the ground, now holding his pierced ribs though. My eyes searched his, and the whole conversation with the Commander came rushing back.

       “There’s something I need to tell you,” I said, crossing my arms over my chest, brows creased in concentration, allowing my brain to process the words I was about to say. “Today I went to go see the Commander, and he said some things.” I stopped to stare at him. He had slowly begun to put a shirt on, his eyes still on me, watching each movement.

       “And?” he pried, worry somehow spilling into that one word. I could feel myself begin to break down, feel the tears well up in my eyes. Why am I upset? This should be an honor. So I took a deep, shaky breath and continued.

       “And I will be completing Kali’s mission. I will do what she didn’t and I will do my family proud.” His face fell in that instant, and he went to his knees before me, hands resting upon them.

       “I can’t lose you,” was all he said, and in that moment, I saw something beneath the shield he’d been putting up, and I couldn’t take it.

       So I ran.

       When I reached the village the festivities were in full swing; people were dancing and singing, fire and water dragons were leaping through the air, musicians yelled in joy. I was able to spot Keenan through the throng of the crowd, though, he hadn’t yet seen me so I ducked, making my way home. I kept my head down until I made it to the bridge, then sprinted the rest of the way, watching as the sun began to set slowly over the horizon, casting the land in shadows.

       I stopped at the front door and tried to calm myself, resting my hands on my knees as I breathed in deeply. I squeezed my eyes shut before opening the door and closing it behind me, listening for my family.

       I could hear my father’s rumbling laugh towards the kitchen and started to walk over, taking my time as I did. When I reached the hall, I could see them perfectly, and knew I would be leaving them all behind because of this... this mission.

       Don’t cry, don’t cry, don’t cry, I chanted to myself, planting a smile across my face before walking in. Their eyes met mine in an instant. So I continued to smile, even when the muscles in my face didn’t want to comply.

       “Sweetheart, go wash up. I’ve drawn you a bath and set out some clothes for you,” Mother said, her cheeks rosy and a smile upon her own lips. Nodding once, I slipped away from my family and made my way towards the washroom, locking the door behind me before stripping and lowering myself into the warm, soapy water.

       In this time I allowed myself to think. I don’t know how humans act, how they talk. Taking in a shaky breath, I ducked under the water, wetting my hair. I barely know how they dress. What they do. They’re monsters, aren’t they? I rubbed my arms with the bar of lavender soap, watching the dirt that caked my skin wash off into the water.

       I’m going to die. That was my biggest fear, dying without finding this weapon and destroying it. All would be lost. Someone else would be forced to fix my mistakes, just like I had to do for Kali.

       A sudden knock at the door brought me out of my thoughts and my brother’s voice drifted through the room, gruff an angry.

       “The Commander is here and has asked for you. He said it’s urgent.” Swallowing, I breathed in.

       “I’ll be out in a moment,” I replied. I heard him grunt then walk off, listening as his footsteps slowly faded away.

       I lifted myself out of the tub, wrapping a towel around my body before drying off and slipping on the old green dress Mother had made for me. I combed out the knots in my hair, pulling it into a braid before opening the door and walking down the hall and into the large front room.

       Standing by the window was the Commander, his hands behind his back, eyes following me as I came to stand by my Mother. She took my hand and gripped it tightly.

       “Valia, it seems there was a problem at the eastern border concerning nine human men scouting the area in search of the wards. Time is running out now. This Winchester man seems to know the location of the ward, but does not know how to penetrate it. It seems we need you sooner than we thought.” My eyes widened, mouth opening to speak, but no words would leave my dry lips.

       “You will venture out at midnight tonight. You can only take what you need on this mission. We have told our gatekeeper, Samanya, that you will be arriving sooner than we thought, and he is to expect you soon. He has weapons and other necessities in case you are in need of them. I suggest only taking your Belor and Katana.” That seemed to be the end of the conversation, because one of the warriors with the Commander dropped a large black bag on the wooden table before us, the bag open and showing the human clothes given to me.

       “Say your goodbyes, Valia. I will see you at the wards.” At that he left with the other two men, each of them bowing their heads in respect. They don’t think I’ll make it. Mother had gone still beside me, and Ash had stormed out of the room, his skin glowing like fire. He’s mad.

       I turned to Mother as a tear slid down her face and was suddenly engulfed in a bone crushing hug. Father joined the embrace, and soon I was crying. I was crying because I was scared to lose them, I realised, and cried harder.

       Mother helped me dress as a human.

       At first I realised she was confused at what humans wore and questioned why there were no dresses, only short pieces of clothing that only covered half your body. She said no woman would gain respect wearing these. I could only laugh.

       In the end I wore black pants that were made of denim and a black blouse that concealed the Belor that I hid in my sheath. Black boots covered my feet and were almost heavy, but the alternative wasn’t any better. So I tied the laces.

       Mother tied my hair into a bun at the top of my head, then she kissed my cheek. “Do us proud,” she whispered, tears still brimming her eyes. I nodded and picked up the bag, weighing it in both hands before holding it in my left.

       Next, Father walked over to me and clapped me on the shoulder, staring down at me with pride. “Do what you need to do. And do not hesitate.” I nodded again and hugged him. Syreena and Zaelia sat quietly on the stairs, tears pooling in their eyes before they ran down to hug me, holding me tight before letting go.

       “Come back soon, Val,” Syreena whispered, wiping at a tear. I only smiled and ruffled their hair.

       Stepping back, I searched for my brother, noticing his absence and felt a pain in my heart. Where is he? I cast one last look at my family before walking out the front door, only to find him standing there brooding and running a hand through his hair every minute.

       “Valia, you don’t have to leave. This isn’t your fight. I told Kali this and look at what happened,” he said, eyes focused on a moonflower about to blossom. He refused to look me in the eye. He isn’t mad, he’s afraid. I dropped the bag and hugged him tightly, wrapping my arms around his waist.

       “I will come back. I will be okay,” I whispered. Another tear ran down my face. I think I said that more to myself than to him. Maybe I was worried I would never see my sisters grow up, or see my brother fall in love with a nice girl. Maybe I was afraid I would never fall in love and grow old. Maybe I was afraid I would end up like Kali.

       The night was dead. Reminiscence of the festivities littered the dirt streets, and so did the bodies of drunken men.

       I walked alone towards the extravagant oak tree that began our borders and our wards. I could see ten Ceaelie waiting there, huddled in a small group, whispering about something - about me.

       As I came into sight the group fell away, and two people stood out to me. One was Keenan, his eyes steady and focused on me. The other was Marceus, jaw tense. Both boys watched me as I came to stand before the Commander.

       “Valia,” the Commander said, voice firm and unwavering, showing how much power and authority he had. “You will be travelling into the mortal world on this night. You will be taking residence at a small place called Ridgeway Inn, that is where you will be staying until you retrieve the weapon. A map of North Carolina has been added to your pack and you can find it in there. I - we all - expect to hear from you within a week, and if we do not, someone will be sent to discover the reason why.”

       The Commander looked to the back of the small crowd. “Samanya, come forth and present the weapons.”

       A tall, dark skinned man with broad shoulders and glowing golden eyes stepped through the crowd to stand before me, making me gulp as his magnetic gaze locked on mine. “Valia Talin,” the gatekeeper said, face solemn, showing no emotion. “A bow and arrows,” he said first, offering the items to me and I gulped as I accepted them, fastening the quiver around my back. “A short dagger,” he continued, offering it to me and I took it, sheathing it next to my Belor. “And lastly, a Haimi.” I took the broadsword off him, sheathing it on my waist.

       My eyes connected with his and I forced a brief and thankful smile. “Thank you,” I whispered.

       A moment later I felt a cloak falling across my shoulders and I looked over my shoulder to see Keenan smiling at me. He fastened the cloak and took my hand, squeezing gently before stepping back.

       “Valia, say the last of your goodbyes, and we’ll see you soon,” the Commander said, motioning to his men to follow as he started moving back towards the village.

       My eyes met Marceus’ and I gulped, averting my gaze almost immediately. A gentle hand descended on my shoulder and I looked to see one of the Ceaelie warriors smiling encouragingly at me, and I returned his smile as he moved on. Keenan soon advanced towards me, taking both my hands in his, linking our fingers together.

       “Valia, even though I’ve only known you a very short time I feel like we’ve known each other our whole lives,” he murmured, dark blue eyes boring into my brown ones. “Promise me you’ll be careful. I am hoping to see you again after this.”

       “I promise,” I whispered, smiling convincingly.

       “Be safe,” he muttered. “Be strong.” After that being said he stepped forward to peck my cheek, making me freeze as I watched him walk away.

       Silence was in the air before I turned to face Marceus. His eyes were cold and a detached expression was settled across his face as he looked up, matching my gaze. We said nothing, just stared for a long time before he finally spoke.

       “Don’t go,” he whispered, voice breaking, making my heart clench.

       “I have to,” I said, forcing myself to be strong just like Keenan had instructed.

       “No you don’t,” he pleaded, stepping forwards, gripping my shoulders. “I can’t lose you, not after what happened to her. I need you to be safe, here, where I can protect you.”

       I pulled away from his grip, growing angry. “Don’t touch me,” I hissed, catching him off guard. “Don’t talk about her. And I don’t need you to protect me. I can protect myself perfectly fine.”

       “Valia… Please. What is this going to help? Who-”

       “It will save our entire race, Marceus! I know you don’t care, but I do!”

       I turned, going to walk through the wards, but his hand on my arm stopped me in place. “You can’t leave. I don’t want you to die too!”

       I spun, hissing fiercely. “You’re the one who killed her, Marceus!”

       That caught him off guard enough to release me, and I hurriedly ran through the wards, escaping him before I did something I know we’d both regret.

_______________________________________________________________________

Finally! the next chapter!

Sorry about the long wait guys! we honestly don't mean to do that, but we get so caught up with other things that we don't have time to write this. and a lot of you seem to want to know what happens. But here it is!

Please remember to vote, comment, add to library, do the usual thing. it means a lot to us!

(on the side is a picspam for Valia)

-Dee & Steph

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Dissolving By wee_me

Teen Fiction

236K 10K 46
****THIS IS A SEQUEL. To be able to follow this story, please read "Unravelling" first**** Lily has started into the new year with a mixture of confu...
Unravelling By wee_me

General Fiction

449K 14.9K 63
Lily is happy with her life. She has a unique family that she can rely on as well as four great friends who support her - and vice versa. She doesn't...
26.5K 686 41
//All Edited// "Lauren, you were born to hunt demons. you're half angel, half mundane." "But demons and stuff aren't real, they're just stories." "La...
126 7 8
Lotticia Andrews had spent her entire life behind the walls of her library. Her father raised her to be selfish, and to fear the outside, and even af...