Stagnant

By utopianism

[ collection of things that never really fit, short stories, poems, whatevers ] Things that could be so much... More

foreward
achilles/archer
metal blood
SYNONYMS
Lights
stagnant
people never change
EULOGIES FOR THE SUN
I'M GOING TO LOVE MY BODY
EULOGIES FOR THE SUN // act one - part ii: yellow fever
EULOGIES FOR THE SUN // act one - part iii : from me to me
EULOGIES FOR THE SUN // act one - part iv : i once knew a biologist
EULOGIES FOR THE SUN // act two - part i : the day i discovered friendship
the good the bad the sad
raven cycle dribble drabble
EULOGY
the nature of things
A musing on being
i laid my love to sleep in atlantis
symbiosis
PROLOGUE: HEROES
Why Claire Disappeared for a bit
Virid
quarter-life crisis
the monster under my bed

Warning: may lead to destructive tendencies

199 21 0
By utopianism

Caused by time. Our numerous lives collide like particles in a perpetual hurry, a pinprick of a second when multiple trajectories intersect. This one sputter, cough in time, hangs and suspends like outwards-fanning nylon threads. Stretches into a formless semblance of eternity. Within this finite eternity contains the ricocheting echo of laughter, clatter and clutter of footsteps, playful side-eyes, rivers of tears. But time loves to ebb, to flow. And now, like rivers leading to tributaries we slowly--but surely--diverge. The process is arduous and stringent, but time guarantees it in blood. And god, I feel like a boat caught in the current. The change starts small, of course. Mutations. Changes on genetic levels. We hardly notice them, of course. That's the course that time loves to take, it's the catch to being alive: you never realise it until it's too late to turn back. And by the time these changes have morphed, eroded the people you were before, it will be like looking at the sun and expecting to see the moon. You will have evolved into disparate species. And then you wonder if you'd ever known them to begin with. Or if you'd ever known yourself. You sit on the boat in the current, turn back wistfully to gaze upon the path travelled, seeing it all ebb away from you. Not being able to change the tides. In six months you'll all be hacking away at the cavern walls in different directions. Who knows--in ten years your minds may might be on different sides of the planet, a huff of memory and recognition barely registering on your mind as you pass them on a street.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323 13 80
An emotional blindness. A compilation of unsent letters and poems about how I feel. Mostly about yuuz.
280 0 39
Just a bunch of random Poems, Short stories, and writings I came up with. Warning- a lot of dark and sad topics
79 14 23
Random oneshots of little sections of the lives of different people living different lives and worlds/realities. Names mentioned here are all complet...
75 7 11
Short stories of all different genres. Where I get to write without the commitment of making an actual book lol. Enjoy where my mind goes at the mo...