His Prisoner

Lixxyy19 tarafından

Jack Morgan has been a friend of my parents for years. That is until they died when I was fifteen. Jack took... Daha Fazla

Prologue
His Beautiful Eyes [1]
Hormones My Arse! [2]
This Is My House [3]
The Wolf [4]
Heartbeat [5]
Panic [6]
Chase The Giant [7]
The Button Problem [8]
Strangers That Care [9]
Teaching Him A Lesson [10]
To A New Start [11]
Looking Into The Past [12]
Playful Mornings [13]
Eliot's Surprise [14]
The Drunken Truth [15]
Werewolves Are Real [16]
I Can Live With It [17]
Love And Heartbreak [18]
Author's Apologies
Revelations [19]
The Truth Hurts [20]
Getting Back To Normal [21]
You're The Wolf [22]
Girl Or Boy? [23]
The Note [24]
Where We Stand [25]
Meeting The Family [26]
Motherly Love [27]
20-Week Scan [28]
His Devastation [29]
Her Devastation [30]
I'm Leaving [31]
He Has A Mate?! [33]
Missing Meredith [34]
Now A Rogue [35]
Sarah Adams In The Flesh [36]
So, This Is Carter? [37]
Christmas With Family [38]
Heart To Heart [39]
For Them. [40]
Epilogue

Jack Is Back [32]

12.7K 477 44
Lixxyy19 tarafından

Meredith

Stepping into my childhood home, I feel a sense of relief as the door closes quietly behind me. The silence is almost deafening but I welcome it. I know Jack isn't here. The house seems emptier and I know it's because he was forced to leave after all the things that happened. At least that's one thing I can thank Eliot for.

A sharp pain shoots through my chest at the mere thought of his name. The man that saved me from an unhappy life and filled my heart with love. I will forever remember the good times we had together, the intimate moments of sharing secrets and confessing our love for one another. Without Eliot, I wouldn't have met Emily or Chase. My best friends that always bring a smile to my face. And then I met his parents. After not having my own for so long, it felt good to be apart of a family again. Claire treated me like her own daughter and Anthony had nothing but kind words and a helping hand. 

They all became my family.

A sob escapes my throat as I slowly sink to the floor. It's quite hard with a broken leg but I somehow end up leaning against the door with my casted leg stretched out in front of me. My sobs of pain echo through the quiet house, tears streaming down my cheeks as my crutches clutter to the floor beside me. 

I've lost everything. 

If it wasn't bad enough that I was an orphan with only Jack to rely on, now I've lost the man I love as well as the family I gained. I've even lost Jack, not that I would want him back in my life but I literally have no one. Most of all, I lost my child. There's no one left but me. I'm in this empty house by myself with nothing. 

I spend the rest of the evening sitting against the door crying. 

*

I manage to drag myself up from the floor a few hours later, my bum completely numb from sitting on the hard cold floor for so long. I didn't eat anything, I just went straight to bed. I tossed and turned for most of the night, catching bits of sleep here and there until the sun rose. There was too much going on in my head, I couldn't shut down and sleep properly. 

I laid in bed long after the sun rose. I had no desire to get up and do something productive. It felt like a good day to stay in bed and drown my sorrows in ice cream but apparently, the universe had other ideas. I hear a knock on the door and when I glance at the clock on my bedside table, it reads 09:23. Who would be here this early? In fact, who would be here at all?

I plan to ignore it but when the knocking continues, I roll out of bed with a loud groan. 

Opening the front door with a scowl on my face, it deepens when I see who's standing on my doorstep. 

He's not drunk for once and he seems less aggressive than usual. I take five seconds to look him over before closing the door in his face.

"Meredith! Open up. I just want to talk." He bangs on the door again. 

"Leave Jack." I shout through the door.

I haven't seen this guy since I found out he killed my parents and he wants to talk? He doesn't deserve my time, let alone a conversation. 

"Please Meredith. Just five minutes." With a huff, I open the door again.

"You have one. What do you want?"

"Can I come in?"

"No. Talk or I'm shutting the door again."

"Alright. I want to explain. You know I would never do anything to hurt you Meredith and I definitely wouldn't kill your parents. They were my friends, remember?" 

I pause. 

"I know it was you." 

"No, it wasn't. Why would you believe Eliot-"

"I'm not talking about that. Did you think I would end up with a concussion and lose my memory? Or was you hoping I'd die when you hit me with your car Jack?"

Jack stares at me with a slightly dropped jaw as I stand with my arms crossed over my chest and an eyebrow raised. I got a glimpse of the car before it hit me and I recognised it as Jack's car. It seemed odd to me that the car never slowed down or tried to swerve away from me, instead headed straight for me and nearly killed me. Anyone who saw a person standing in the middle of the road would do everything to avoid hitting them but not that car. It went straight for me. 

"You were hit by a car?" He asks, his face filling with concern. He's either a really good actor or I'm wrong. 

"Yes Jack, I was hit by a fucking car and spent a week in the hospital. Look at my leg!" I growl, showing him my casted leg.

Jack's eyes drop down to my casted leg before slowly trailing back up my body, pausing on my stomach.

"The b-baby?"

My heart squeezes painfully and I shut my eyes to stop any tears falling. 

"Oh god, you lost our baby." My eyes snap open.

"My baby Jack! She was my baby, no one else's."

"She?" He questions, his eyes shining with tears.

He's the one that hit me with his damn car! What is he crying about?! This is as much his fault as it is Eliot's. I move to shut the door again as he's gone way past a minute but Jack puts his foot in the way and pushes the door open with his hand. 

"We had a daughter... why didn't you tell me?"

"You hit me with your fucking car Jack! You killed my baby! You nearly killed me and for what? To get back at me for leaving you? For being with Eliot? What was it Jack that was worth an innocent baby's life?!" I scream at him, no longer able to hold the tears back as they stream down my cheeks. 

"I didn't hit you with my car Meredith! I haven't got my car at the moment."

"I recognised your car, Jack, I'm not an idiot. You didn't even try to avoid me, you just put your foot down and slammed into me. I lost my little girl because of what, you were jealous? Haven't you taken enough from me already? You had to take my baby as well."

I lean against the open door sobbing as Jack stands in front of me silently. He actually looks shocked. But I know it was his car. I've been seeing that car since I was a child, I'd recognise it anywhere. I see him move and then he's trying to comfort me.

"Don't touch me!" I scream, pushing him away from me.

"Meredith baby, I-I haven't used my car in weeks."

"Then where the fuck is it because someone has?!" 

He stares at me for a moment, I can practically see the wheels turning in his head and then something dawns on him. I watch his eyes widen a fraction in realisation. If he didn't hit me then he knows who did.

"Who was it, Jack?" Jack shakes his head slightly.

"Uh no, I don't know. It can't have been my car." It's official, he's the worst liar in the world. 

I know he's lying because he can't look me in the eye. He's looking at his shoes. 

I shove him hard in the chest causing him to stumble off of the doorstep and I take a step forward also, pushing him again as my anger grows. Jack looks at me with wide and cautious eyes.

"Don't lie to me. Someone killed my baby. You better tell me right now who it was Jack because I know you know." 

When Jack says nothing, I shove him hard again. Now both of us are standing outside the house. I notice his car is nowhere in sight. He must have run here. 

"I can always call the police and tell them it was you." I threaten. 

"It wasn't me Meredith. I wouldn't kill our baby."

"Then who was it, Jack?!" 

A heartbeat passes and then he's brave enough to raise his eyes to look at me.

"Sarah."

"Who the hell is Sarah and why would some random bitch hit me with your car?"

I remember when I used to be timid and shy away from Jack. I was so naive growing up. I thought Jack was the best thing since sliced bread. I trusted my parents' judgement of him and that was my biggest mistake. I don't care that he's a werewolf or that he's brought me up since I was fifteen. He killed my parents, there's no doubt about it and if I find out he was responsible for the death of my baby, he's going to discover a whole new side of me. 

"Sarah has my car."

"Why? I've never heard you mention her before. Is she a wolf?"

"She said she needed to borrow it. I wasn't using it so I let her use it for a while. Yes, she's a wolf."

I narrow my eyes at him when he says nothing more. He's leaving something out.

"Why would she hit me with your car Jack? I don't even know her!"

Jack takes a step back before answering me. 

"She's my mate, Meredith."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

128K 3.6K 20
Alesha, a young 15 year old girl with black hair with a hint of blue color to it and blue eyes has just moved to a new town. Dallas is alpha male of...
152K 6.3K 19
Being born an alpha means you're on top of the food chain. You can challenge other alphas to take over a pack. You have amazing strength, speed, and...
2.8K 113 19
Being in love with Felix Valentine felt impossible, he was an alpha and I was a vampire. But according to my parents, anything was possible. So when...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...