UNFAZED - Book Three In The U...

By AlexisJadeS22

*COMPLETED* Book Three of the Unknown Identity Series! *IMPORTANT* please read UNNAMED and RENAMED fir... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - The Days
Chapter 2 - Missing Pieces
Chapter 3 - Curiosity
Chapter 4 - Lingering Words
Chapter 6 - Crashing Down
Chapter 7 - Relax
Chapter 8 - The One Place I Call Home
Chapter 9 - Encounter
Chapter 10 - All Because Of You
Chapter 11 - She's Here
Chapter 12 - "What's Done Is Done"
Chapter 13 - Deja Vu
Chapter 14 - Tough Decision
Chapter 15 - It Was Only A Dream
Chapter 16 - "It's Called Reflexes"
Chapter 17 - Dream Device
Chapter 18 - Before
Chapter 19 - Confession
Chapter 20 - Tomorrow
Chapter 21 - The Speech
Chapter 22 - The One And Only
Chapter 23 - Stupid Decision
Chapter 24 - Forgive & Forget
Chapter 25 - Shock
Chapter 26 - Unexpected
Chapter 27 - Ultimatum
Chapter 28 - Awake
Chapter 29 - "I'm Gone"
Chapter 30 - The Asset
Chapter 31 - Convince
Chapter 32 - "I Promise"
Chapter 33 - Fake ID
Chapter 34 - The Plan
Chapter 35 - Keeper
Chapter 36 - Eli
Chapter 37 - This Is It
Chapter 38 - Henry
Chapter 39 - Escape
Chapter 40 - Right Here, Right Now
Epilogue
THANK YOU
FACTS - Unknown Identity Series (IMPORTANT MESSAGE AT END)
In Love With The Girl Of Scars
CAST - The Unknown Identity Series
Extras

Chapter 5 - Questioned

57 8 2
By AlexisJadeS22

   "I'm sorry for everything I've put you through, first the running away thing and then the thing with Walker and now the lies." I say, stroking her hair with a gentle touch of my fingers.

   "It's alright, you don't have to keep apologizing." She says in a hushed tone.

   Jay is tucked into the side of my body, creating a warming pleasure to overtake my body. Our legs were intertwined as my arm was wrapped around her small figure, protectingly.

   "I love you, Jay."

   She yawned, "I love you, too." Then her head fell further into my side, and her body relaxed instantly. Her breathing was stead as her head was rested on my shoulder blade.

   "Goodnight, BlueJay." I whispered in her ear and I saw a smile tug at the corners of her lips.

   I placed a small, lingering kiss on her temple and rested my chin on top of her head, her soft hair tickling my face. I readjusted my body so I was laying on my side, and surprisingly it wasn't painful but comforting knowing that Jay was there with me to provide the peace I've been longing for.

   But one thought crossed my mind, she was wearing a hospital gown, and wasn't gone because the visiting hours were up. The last time I saw her was. Five days ago when she passed out, and I did to shortly after.

   Did she get put in a room?

   I let it slide, not really wanting to think about anything other than the present, right now. I wrapped my free hand that was wrapped in a cast around her back and pulled her closer into my chest, her light breaths fanning my neck. Now, Jay was completely wrapped up by me as my muscular arms held her closer to my body.

   I've missed her so much over the past days, it was almost unbearable. I've been begging for someone to get her, but when I would plead, no one said a word. They didn't tell me a single thing other than directing me to calm down  and take deep breaths which didn't help the stress to calm me down, it only made it ten times worse.

   I continued to run my fingers through her hair, slowly drifting away myself into the darkness. And soon, the world around me became a large blur as my eyelids felt heavy.

  Then, I was gone.

***

   The sun was shining through my closed eyelids, making them glow a faint pinking glow. Jay stirred as I moved my body a bit so my chest wouldn't cramp, something Dr. Goldstein warned me about.

   My head was still slightly elevated from the night before when Jay propped it up for me so I could see her correctly. My neck was stiff and had a painful knot in it. In my attempt to sooth it, it only caused me more agony, and I hissed through chattering teeth. 

   "You okay?"

   "Yeah, just a crank in my neck." I respond. Jay sits up and moves her body so now she's facing me. I tried to crank it out again, rolling my head ever which way and rubbing at my skin harshly.

  "Here, stop. Let me help you." I stopped to let Jay take over, who stood and placed her two hand around my shoulders, she rubbed them then did the same to my neck, with no pain. Instantly, the pain of the crank was gone and my neck was relieved.

  "Better?"

  "Way, thanks." I say, smiling back at her, she then comes around and sits were she was before, the familiar warmth filling my body once more.

   "How'd you sleep?" She asks.

   "Great, the best I have in a week." I beam.

   She giggles, "me too."

   I smile at her but we both jumped at the sudden burst of the door swinging open and Dr. Goldstein and another doctor I didn't recognize came rushing in.

"Scarlett! We've been looking for you everywhere!" The doctor I didn't recognize panted, her hair was pulled back into a tight bun though a few strands were falling loosely due to the running I'm guessing they did.

I was kind of confused to why the doctor addressed Jay the way she did, use I got her real name.

"I'm right here, Dr. Stanley. I promise I'm alright."

"I can see that, but Scarlett, you could've gotten hurt and the night crew could have not noticed it." The doctor addressed as Dr. Stanley stated.

"I know, I'm sorry. I got lonely and I wanted to walk. I've been stepped to that bed for five days and I got bored, so I wanted to wander around for a bit."

The doctor nodded, "I understand, but you're still not fully recovered from your coma yet, you do understand that, don't you?"

"Wait, coma?" I ask, stunned and confused, eager to hear what this was about.

"Yes Mr. Parker-"

"Keith," I interrupted.

"Okay, Keith. When she passed out now six days ago, she hit her head dangerously hard and it caused some brain trauma, making her brain shut down and resetting the systems. I told her that she's very lucky to be awake right now because others aren't so lucky, usually they wake up a month or two after the accident."

"Oh."

So that's how she got here like that.

"Yes, but we should be going now. Come on Scarlett. Let Dr. Goldstein talk to Keith for a little."

Jay's head turns to the direction to where Dr. Goldstein was, his glasses resting on the bridge of his nose as he took notes on his clipboard.

"Okay," she stood, striding over to dr. Stanley and giving me one last glance at me, a small smile spreading across her lips. I waved at her and she left the room, the heavy door shutting behind them.

Dr. Goldstein cleared his throat, taking off his thin-rimmed glasses and stuffing them into his scrub pockets.

"Keith, how are you feeling?"

Here we go with the daily questioning.

"Fine, great actually."

"Okay," He wrote that down, "any pain in your chest?"

"No, not momentarily."

He nodded, once again writing on the paper.

"How about you arm and leg?"

"Fine, no pain. I was able to move them fine without any pain."

They were in casts so obviously there was no pain. Stupid.

  "Okay, there is three weeks left in your healing process." Goldstein states.

   I nod.

  "Any questions?"

  "No."

  "Alright, so about last night..." Dr. Goldstein started.

   "What about it?"

   "What time did Scarlett come in here?"

   "Around twelve, why?"

   "Just asking because her machines didn't notify anyone that they've been turned off like they should have."

  "Oh," was my only reply; I mean, what should I say?

  "Did she sleep in here, with you?"

  I nodded. 

  "Okay, you get some rest now."

   "Alright."

   Dr. Goldstein left without another word, the door slowly closing, the room falling silent again.

  It was this moment I wish Jay was still here, in my arms, talking to me, comforting me.

  I hope she comes back tonight.

  But one can only hope.

___________

   Vote, Comment, Follow, Share, Enjoy!

   HAPPY READING!

~AlexisJadeS22

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 1.3K 86
Hey Guys!!! This is Book 3 of my Realize series. If you haven't read the first two books yet, I highly recommend that you do to avoid any confusion...
1.3K 116 32
Jay looked toward me and said " okay I will meet up with you. Bye Dillon." He said quickly and kissed on my cheek and ran toward ground. I touch my c...
45.1K 1.5K 55
Yes! Another forbidden book! If you haven't seen forbidden 1 or 2, then make sure you do before you read this book. There very long journey for there...
196K 8.2K 63
Book Two of the Breaking Jessa Series ******************************************** "Tell me what to do one more fucking time tonight, Cameron, and I...