The Original Demi Wolf

By SamanthaPerry0

This is similar to my other story: The Wolf Avenger Percy Jackson was seven when his mother was murdered... More

Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Pilot
Chapter 3: The Night of the Comet
Chapter 4: Friday Night Bites
Chapter 5: Family Ties
Chapter 6: You're Undead to Me
Chapter 7: Haunted
Chapter 8: The Turning Point
Chapter 9: Unpleasantville
Chapter 11: Under Control
Chapter 12: Miss Mystic Fall
Chapter 13: Founder's Day
Chapter 14: Bad Moon Rising
Chapter 15: Kill or Be Killed
Chapter 16: Plan B
Chapter 17: Masquerade
Chapter 18: Rose
Chapter 19: Hades
Chapter 20: By The Light of the Moon
Chapter 21: Daddy Issues
Chapter 22: Crying Wolf
Chapter 23: The Dinner Party
Chapter 24: The Last Dance
Chapter 25: Niklaus
Chapter 26: The Last Day
Chapter 27: As I Lay Dying
Chapter 28: The Quest for Protection
Chapter 29: Under the Moon

Chapter 10: Fool Me Once

11.4K 444 46
By SamanthaPerry0

Season 1 Episode 14: Fool Me Once

From everything I pieced together, Damon and a third-party are going to try and open the tomb full of 27 hungry vampires.

It wasn't hard to figure out what they needed from the Jackson Journals.

Which is how I found myself (and actually by myself--no Ray, Rose, Gabriel, or Tyler anywhere) outside Shelia Bennett's house.

I was walking up toward her house before I saw Damon Salvatore at her door trying to act like his charming self and trying to get her to help him.

I saw him stumble back in pain as Shelia was making Damon's blood rupture in his head over and over again (Vampires with their healing makes it a painful experience).

I watched Shelia turn her back to Damon and enter her home once more after threatening Damon.

Damon rubbed his head and grumbled a little as he made his way off her lawn. I ducked behind some hedges and watched him look around before speeding away and toward the direction of his house.

As soon as I knew he was gone, I walked back up toward the house and rang the doorbell.

"I already told you, Damon." Shelia threatened as she opened the door before staring at me in shock.

"Last I check, Shelia, I was not Damon Salvatore." I told her with a gentle smile, happy to see my friend once more.

Shelia finally smiled at me and looked relaxed. I tried not to pay attention to the gray hairs in her hair. "Bonnie mentioned she had a friend named Percy Jackson. I knew we would eventually meet again. Just not in these circumstances," she said sadly.

"May I come in?" I asked not wanting to intrude but had important news for her. Especially, when I heard from Ray who was watching the Salvatore's that both Bonnie and Elena were missing.

"You may always be welcomed in." Shelia said fondly as he opened the door wider.

I gave her a soft smile missing when we were the same height. As soon as I was inside, she lead me over toward the living room.

"What is it that you needed to say?" Shelia asked getting right down to business.

And I told her everything. She was always my best friend. I never told her everything about me, her ancestors would be too interested in it, but she always had suspicions.

When I told her that both Elena and Bonnie were taken, I could tell there was a change in her emotions.

She quickly got a small bowl and started to chant over it while slicing her palm. As soon as she was done enchanting and the blood stopped dripping from her hand. She poured the blood over the table and it slowly separated and changed into words.

There in front of us was an address and room number of a place I knew was a motel. I looked back up and saw that Shelia was a bit pale but overall fine.

I grabbed her cut hand and put some of my magic over the wound, making a bandage of magic. After a few seconds, the magic sunk in and started to heal the cut.

"I could've done that." she teased as she examined me over for exhaustion. Young witches and warlocks, especially my age, could never have done that advance magic without being tired.

But I wasn't normal and have lived a long life, much longer than a normal which in any case. My magic reserves were very large.

"I know." I told her with a smile. Before she could say anything the doorbell rang. "It's Stefan Salvatore, I do believe he is here to ask your help for Bonnie. Give it to him, for now he is honorable."

"For now?" Shelia asked

"There is rumor that he used to be called The Ripper of Monterrey. I assume you know what that title means. It's why he started sucking animals instead of humans." I told her.

Shelia was moving toward the door after she gave me a nod of understanding. "Stefan. I have the address where Bonnie and Elena are at. I do believe you best be going." she said and handed him a ripped piece of paper where I put the address the location spell gave us.

"How did you?" Stefan asked taking the note with confusion.

"Get my granddaughter back and I just might tell you." she said sternly before closing the door in his face.

I looked at her fondly and said, "Still haven't changed after all these years have you?"

"Nor have you." she said sadly eyeing my appearance once more.

Shelia and I were lounging around remembering memories when we both heard the door unlock and three people walked into the house.

Shelia instantly went to Bonnie and made sure she was alright. Stefan and Elena let Bonnie and her gram talk for a little bit.

I myself was staring outside her window watching around for any of the new vampires that were in town or Damon.

I only started to pay attention to the private conversation when Elena and Stefan walked into the room.

"So what do we do now?" Elena asked looking a bit worried but more stressed than anything else.

"For now, you need to stay here." Stefan replied looking at Shelia.

Shelia also knew it was directed at her and Bonnie as well. "A prisoner, in my own home? I don't think so."

"I can't protect you if you leave the house." Stefan replied and I smiled a bit, Shelia could definitely protect herself.

"We'll protect ourselves." Shelia said determined to not have Stefan think them weak and needed to be watched and protected

Elena could feel the tension in the air because of Shelia's determination. "We need to let him have Katherine back. He's not going to stop until he gets her. If we help him, maybe that ends it."

I instantly disliked Elena. She didn't know what Katherine has done to the people of the town and the many before it.

She seduces men and make them fall for her with or without compulsion. Then she turns them and rarely keeps them with her until they aren't useful to her anymore.

She was a runner. I would know, I spent years running from Gabe with little success.

But I also knew that Elena was the type of person to think herself right over anyone else. The stubborn that always think themselves to be right and only consider other people when their own plan do not work out.

She was the one to take back on her word without thinking of the consequences of her actions until later when they come back to bit her.

So I kept my mouth shut.

"No! He doesn't deserve to get what he wants." Bonnie argued and I smiled. The Bennett family always knew right from wrong. But I fear that Bonnie may be to loyal to Elena.

Because it was another Bennett family trait, loyalty. It was why I will always consider Shelia to by my best friend. Mutual loyalty is hard to come by these days.

"What other choice do we have?" Elena asked.

I snorted in my head. Why not burn the grimoire and then make Stefan compel you to forget anything about what you might've read from the grimoire, then I could make Stefan forget and bam, no one knows anything.

"Witches being pulled down by Vampire problem. As much as we tried to do to stay out of it. I'll open the tomb. You get your brother's girl, and destroy the rest with fire. Then this will be over."

"Not all of them." I said instantly.

"What why not?" Elena instantly asked looking angry.

"There are some bad vampires in there, true. But then there are those that never deserved the fire. Pearl Zhu and a vampire she turned name

d Harper are of the few. They rarely killed human and more importantly, valued human life. So, they will also be getting out of the tomb if we go ahead with this plan." I said but mostly asking Shelia if she was actually going to open the tomb.

I saw her subtly shake her head and released a small breath of air. I was disappointed that she wasn't but also glad.

"How do you know all this?" Stefan demanded as he tensed up.

"Please, the Jackson Family was friends to the Supernatural that didn't pray to humans. How do you think so many were so well hidden when they barely had daylight rings. The Jackson Family was also paranoid and wrote a lot of things down." I glared at Stefan feeling my wolf challenge Stefan with a growl at the show of dominance he was doing.

"Perseus, calm down." Shelia said softly and I broke my gaze with Stefan and looked at her.

"My apologizes." I said calmly with a slight bow, an old habit sadly but mostly a show of submission that wasn't too great, more of an acknowledgement.

"Wait, you know my Gram?" Bonnie asked looking very confused.

This time Shelia responded, "The Jackson Family has been kind to all Supernatural creatures. He knew our family line and drew me out so we could discuss. Yes, we know each other and have an understanding."

"Did you know when we befriended?" Bonnie asked looking slightly hurt at the idea that I had become friends with her just because she was a witch.

"No. I didn't read the journal then. I just wanted to be your friend." I said slightly shyly.

Not liking the topic of conversation with Stefan and Elena in the room, I cleared my though. "We still need Damon to agree if we're going to open the tomb."

"He already agreed once," Elena responded.

"Yeah, but then we double crossed him. So, now he's angry, "Stefan told her back.

Another reason apparently, why I shouldn't trust their words. They apparently don't mind double crossing people including his own brother.

"He's hurt. There's a difference," Elena argued with Stefan. "I think I know what I have to do." Elena said.

"I don't want Damon to know of my involvement. I trust Stefan will get Pearl and Harper out of the tomb and anyone else on a list of names." I asked looking Stefan in his eye and reading his outer thoughts.

He didn't trust me. Well, he trusted me more than Damon at the very least but was suspicious of my intentions.

"I will." he said after staring at my for a few seconds.

"Good. I will take my lead. I'm sorry I will not be joining you for the night." I told Shelia honestly, feeling bad that I would be unable to watch her back.

"It's alright, Perseus. You have a good night now." She responded back with a small smile and memories flashing through them of all our fun times together.

"You as well." I gave her a small bow once more before handing Stefan a small folded piece of yellow paper that had five names written on it.

The five vampires I wanted free from the tomb.

I handed it to him but didn't released the papers until a few seconds later. Without saying anything else, I turned my back to everyone in the room and strolled out through the doors.

This whole thing was a bold move. If Stefan, Elena, or Bonnie find that I knew that Shelia is planning to not let the vampires out of the tomb, they will probably be on my ass and wondering just who I was exactly.

-------------------

I wasn't planning to be anywhere near the vampire tomb, but Tyler was going to this party near there. I didn't trust the Salvatore brothers enough that if they accidentally got the vampires out, they wouldn't just feast on the people.

We were there for a good amount of time, at least enough to see Caroline and Matt acting somewhat like a couple.

Clearly they hadn't worked out the details too much. In fact, I was on top of Ty's shoulders when we say Matt looking confused and just thinking about something while leaning against a tree.

Tyler instantly got a bit quieter as he snuck from the side toward Matt until he swiped the beer out of Matt's hand. "Swoop!" Tyler said jokingly as he took the beer and instantly started to drink some of it.

"Hey!" Matt said but didn't seem to put up much of a fuss.

"Ahh." Tyler said jokingly as he took the bottle away from his mouth. I shook my head, teenagers were weird. "Where's your date?" Tyler asked not seeing Caroline anywhere.

"Who knows." Matt replied looking a little disgruntled but seemed to enjoy talking to Tyler right now.

"Hey, Matty." I waved at him with a smile. Sadly, because of my appearance I wasn't allowed to have alcohol. Which was one of the downsides of being in an eight-year old body, I could totally use a beer or something right now. Life was too complicated sometimes.

"Hey Perce, no alcohol. Alright, buddy?" He teased slightly but looked serious.

I gave a fake salute and let Tyler take point in socialization. "Is the honeymoon over already?"

"Maybe." Matt said looking a bit sad but mostly confused.

"And after all that grief you gave me about liking her. I figured it would've lasted longer than five minutes." Tyler complained and I remembered him telling me earlier that he teased Matt about something but Matt took it a bit too seriously.

"Look, I just--I don't know if I can do the whole public couple thing. She--she seems like she might be a little clingy," Matt replied back.

"You don't know unless you spend more than five minutes as a couple. Give it some time." I pointed out as Tyler took another sip of the beer.

"Incoming." Tyler said as he handed me the beer to hold onto while he took me off his shoulders. He instantly grabbed the beer back and escorted me away from Matt and Caroline.

"Are we going to head to the tomb?" Tyler asked

I looked toward the way of the tomb and part of me felt I should go, but I knew they could handle the situation without me. "No," I told him before handing him another beer. "last one, then we go home."

Tyler nodded and instantly uncapped the beer to drink from it.

--------------

I woke up gasping in bed. My gut felt like it was twisting. I could feel the shift in Mystic Falls.

There were more active vampires than there were when I went to bed.

That means the tomb was open.

And getting rid of a spell as powerful as it was would've taken out a large chunk of magic.

Instantly I shifted forms without realizing it and was running through the woods heading with a single destination in mind.

But by the time I got near Shelia's house, Bonnie was on her front porch sobbing with Elena by her side as I heard sirens racing toward the house.

I felt my heart sink as realization sunk in.

Oh, Shelia.

My dearest Heaven.

I wish you a wonderful time in the Underworld. I will visit soon and hope that you are in Elysium or Isle of the Blest. You deserve it old friend. You deserve it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 857 25
"You remind me of the ocean," Two silver eye's pierced into the sea-green ones, as both children stood under the moon. The young girl with the silve...
40.7K 389 19
This is a Percy Jackson/ Heroes of Olympus and Keeper of the Lost Cities crossover. All of the Seven are dead except for Percy, and Percy is super OP...
42.2K 683 38
*COMPLETED* Percy never expected to die the way he did. He never expected to magically come back to life. He never expected to be in an army. And he...
311 28 28
(Heads up. I wrote this story when i was younger and i went back and tried to re-edit it best i can. Its kinda cringe. Read at your own risk..) When...