Artemis

By shayschiesler

Artemis Lily is a witch in a werewolf town, and it seems like she's the only one that knows that. Running fr... More

just a warning
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Willow

2

24.2K 849 245
By shayschiesler

Sunlight is not my best friend.

I mean, yes I do draw energy from him, but he doesn't love me nor give me as much affection as the moon does. I'm not crazy, the sun and the moon have genders and each love me differently.

My family was the closest with the moons and the sun, within the sense we can talk to the Moon Goddess and the Sun God in times of need. I was the strongest because of the fact the Moon favored me so much, as well as talking to me freely all the time.

I finally rolled out of bed and threw my crazy curly hair up with a pin, smiling as I felt the curls bouncing around me. I pulled on a black long sleeve shirt along with black tights, before shrugging on a mauve tulle skirt over the tights. I put on my favorite black combat boots before turning and looking at myself in the mirror;

I grinned, showing off my dimples I loved so much as my violet eyes sparkled, before making my way to my car. I loved and loathed the car all at the same time, I would've preferred a Volkswagen Beetle or something small, but my family insisted on this for speed in case I ever needed to get away quickly.

The drive to the school was short as I pulled into the mostly empty parking lot, the few teenagers there stared at me like I was from a completely different planet. I grinned at them when I stepped out, the smell drifting over to me on the wind. They were the only humans here it seems, the school catering to both human and supernatural alike.

I walked into the office from before, giving another smile to the receptionist from yesterday. "My name is Artemis Lily, I'm a new student here?"

It came out more like a question, but I honestly couldn't give a shit. She just gave me a well rehearsed smile before going back to her dinosaur computer and typing something, taking whatever she printed out from the printer and handed them to me. The bell rang while I stood there waiting for her, causing me to roll my eyes.

Typical.

I took the papers and walked out of the office, my eyes scanning over the paper. I had double art and double music towards the end of the day as well as double English, with no math class and one history class. I mentally patted myself on my back for taking extra classes when I was younger so I didn't have to put myself through the hell that was math.

I personally sucked at any form of algebra, and excelled in anything regarding English and any arts. I was okay at history, all it was was memorizing past events and crap about dead people. It wasn't that hard, mainly because I practically had an eidetic memory.

I finally found my way after about ten more minutes, groaning when I stood in front of the door. I knocked on the classroom door before opening it, the smell of pine immediately attacking my nose. I wrinkled it as I scanned the room briefly, sending the boy from yesterday a small smile.

"Hello miss, who are you?" I turned back to the teacher, a middle aged woman with a mousy brown hair and dark brown eyes. She was only five feet tall, and had a medium build.

"My name is Artemis, I'm new." She gave me a brighter smile, my eyes flickering to the notes on the blackboard.

War of 1812.

I mentally groaned and made my way to the seat she had waved me too, setting me things down next to Riley and a girl with blonde hair. She kept looking over to Riley, and he pretty much gravitated to her. Assuming they were mates, I gave her a smile as well.

"I'm Artemis." I waved to her, her face lighting up with a huge grin.

"Hi! I'm Mona!" She reached out to hug me, but I shied away as nonchalantly as I could.

Her face fell momentarily before her eyes glazed over, forcing me to look back up to the notes on the board. I bit my lip while jotting down the useless notes, my magick boiling inside of me at how pent up I felt. I began fidgeting, feeling it practically roll and burst into waves inside of me.

"Are you okay?" Mona spoke before brushing her hand against my shoulder, causing a small gasp to leave her lips.

Old age. She was surrounded by her family and friends at some type of party. The worst part? I saw myself in the background. I looked at her expectantly before she grasped her chest and fell to the floor, her eyes rolling to the back of her head before her heart finally stopped.

Her arm wrenched back to her body, while I plastered a confused face on. Her mate looked at her with his own confused expression, their eyes glazing over as they spoke to one another. He reached out hastily and touched my arm, but nothing happened since he had already touched me before.

"Uh, you okay?" He nodded with scrunched eyebrows, glancing back over to his mate.

The class finally finished soon after, my fingers aimlessly fidgeting at my thighs. I ached to go to music and run my fingers along a piano, or to take a paintbrush and paint a canvas. Instead, I sulked and forced myself to sit through my English class.

-

I groaned when lunch came, my eyes glancing over the stares I kept receiving. These wolves were seriously starting to piss me off, did they not think I could here them?

Why is it always the humans that are so attractive?

Not a human you prick, but thanks.

Stupid human, who does she think she is? Already making friends with the Beta and the Beta female.

Technically they befriended me first, so suck it up buttercup.

I opened the door to the cafeteria and looked up, catching the eyes of wolves and humans alike. One pair of eyes stood out though, startling grey eyes that stared straight at me. He looked at me with such love and admiration, before it quickly turned to anger.

Why?

He sat next to Riley and his mate, who both stared at him. He muttered something under his breath as I made my way through the lunch line, only grabbing an apple and a Sprite, before making it over to Riley and Mona and sir-hots-a lot.

Look, let me jus tell you about him. He had dark hair, almost black, with those grey eyes and a strong jaw that I'm sure would cut my finger if I ran it along it. He also smelt, so good. Like coffee and blueberries and good lord, I could do some things that aren't very school appropriate to his body.

He was a wolf, that much I could tell. When I finally got to the table, his eyes kept flickering between gold and that grey I loved, his fist clenching and unclenching. I looked back and forth between the three, Riley and Mona just watching him with glaring eyes.

"Uh, is it okay if I sit here?" Mona's eyes snapped towards me, before glancing back over to wolf hot guy.

"Yeah, um, Artemis this is Jaxon." She nodded to the guy who started to calm down, his eyes trained me.

"What's your last name?" His voice was gruff, practically sending tingles to the tips of my toes.

"Erm, Lily?" I asked, my voice completely full of confusion.

"Jaxon, don't do this." Riley spoke low, his eyes trained hard on him.

"I, Alpha Jaxon Knight, reject Artemis Lily as my mate and future Luna."

Oh god, I was his mate? Even worse, he was an Alpha to his stupid pack, and he was rejecting me? I couldn't help it, I starting laughing. Riley and Mona glared at him while he stared at me, probably expecting me to react to the pain radiating through my chest.

"Oh god, that's good. Funny, but I don't care. I'll see you later," I leaned in close, his eyes widening as I came centimeters close to his ear. "mate."

I laughed again when I saw his shocked expression as I walked out of the cafeteria, making my way to where my music class was. I shook my head and absentmindedly rubbed at my chest, cursing the Goddess herself for even giving me a mate.

It wasn't a mistake, he needs you.

Stupid goddess, always interrupting my thoughts.

Well if you weren't so closed off then I wouldn't sneak into your thoughts.

But I mean come on, couldn't you give him someone else? Why did he reject me anyway?

Because he thinks your human.

I chuckled as I found the door just as the bell rang, pushing it open. I smiled at the small woman behind the desk, before my wandering eyes trained themselves on the grand piano in the corner of the room. I swear, my heart burst at the very sight of it.

"Do you play?" I nodded eagerly, earning a chuckle from the woman. "Well, can you go ahead and play for me so I know what level to place you in?"

"What would you have me play?" She shrugged to me as I made my way to the bench placed before the piano, my fingers mindlessly beginning their decent across the keys.

I decided to play Nocturne, Op. Posthume in C-Sharp Minor, one of my favorites but not an incredibly hard song to play. I played it because of how much emotion it betrayed, my eyes closing as I pretty much envisioned the notes flying off the strings the keys struck and wafting into the air.

"Oh my god." I finally looked up to find the teacher staring at me, along with Riley and Mona, and let's not forget royal Ass Jaxon. I gave her a small smile while she clasped her hand over her mouth, Mona and Riley grinning with, pride at me?

"Erm, was that okay?" I asked quietly, looking back down to my tattered combat boots. I was usually boisterous and completely arrogant, but my piano playing was something I wasn't. It was the one thing my father and I shared a love for, and I always tried to be the best at it because of how much he had loved it.

"Okay? That was fucking fantastic!" Riley shouted, earning a scolding from Mona and a small growl from Jaxon.

The teacher shooed them away before placing me in level two, because apparently 'no one deserves to be in level one, everyone can learn a little,' which I don't disagree with, and shooed me into my own seat. I finally looked to the seat to my right, where my oh so loving mate sat, who kept glancing over at me by the way, and grinned at him.

"The names Artemis, you said your name was Jaxon?" He looked at me like I had grown two heads, his eyebrows furrowing as he stared at me.

"You're talking to me?" I shrugged, ever since my family died I wasn't one for holding grudges, but he wasn't getting anywhere romantically near me.

"Am I not supposed to?" He bit his lip, his eyes flashing between gold and grey. Stupid wolf.

He isn't stupid, just arrogant.

Same thing.

"I, I just think it'll be easier if you don't talk to me."

"Easier at what? Oh, you mean supposedly getting over you." He looked at me confused again, but the teacher began to ramble on about unimportant things.

The entire class he kept glancing over to me, all while Mrs, Jackson rambled on about Chopin and her love for him. When the bell finally rang, I stood up and looked straight at Jaxon.

"I don't have to get over you mate, you just gotta get over me."

Sometimes my own arrogance comes to bite me in the ass.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

687 140 150
Valkyrie, 'Val' Tenason, has been told for as long as she can remember that she suffers from schizophrenia like her mother. Her hallucination of choi...
8.1K 267 19
Aria has always felt like she was something more than just a betas daughter. Something more powerful. But when she is rejected by her all but perfect...
1.3K 29 15
*COMPLETED-25K+ WORDS* Bella Cooper is defiant and strong, even when her modernized finishing school for girls tries to rip her opinionated personali...
269K 10.7K 28
{Formerly A Warrior's Rejection} In a world of predominantly male leaders, the Ivy Eclipse pack is home to a rare case, Aris Titania Desdemona, Gamma...