Tragic Souls(Damon Salvatore)

By DawnOfCreativity

Story is complete. Gwen Jordan left Mystic Falls with ash on her skin, an ache in her heart and a vow. To def... More

cast/music
Prologue
Return
Visiting the past
Starting Over
Moonstone Hunt
Time to take her down
paintings of the past
Slater
memories
I will never let you know
werewolves are so much fun
Hurts like hell
Bonding
Signs of Life
A Doorway
Klaus
Bare our souls
Only you
Flicker
Rough Day(part 2)
Meeting Colton
You are a memory
Elijah's plan
Damon's plan
The ritual
The Aftermath
A New Start
It's not over
book two is out

Rough Day

1.4K 52 22
By DawnOfCreativity

Gwen Jordan closes the don't door behind her. Stepping onto the Gilbert porch heart feeling less heavy. Eyes watching the sunrise. For a moment painting the sky in gorgeous yellows and oranges. So caught up Gwen fails to notice Stefan appearing by her side. Until he speaks, voice soft but genuine, "I'm sorry."

Gwen gaze switches to Stefan. Finding sincere remorse in his forest green eyes. Immediately quenching her raising anger and hurt. Reqinzing Stefan is just trying to protect everyone. Even more stressful when secrets are being kept.

"I didn't stop to think how the hope you will get your family back is what kept you going for all these years," Stefan steps closer, "It was wrong of me to call you selfish. When all I'm worrying about is Elena."

"She's your girlfriend."

"And she isn't the only one with stuff to deal with. You are important too Gwen."

"Guess I can forgive you," Smirking Gwen sits on the wicker bench, "If you get me a bag of peanut m&ms."

Chuckling Stefan joins Gwen, "Deal," His tone returns to serious "Elena is Katherine's doppelganger."

Well their Roles got reversed. Doppelgangers are the ones that go around causing chaos.

"As for being related, It's through one of Katherine's relatives. Honestly that's all we know."

"I believe you."

They fall into silence that Stefan quickly breaks, "I forced Damon to turn," Gwen's eyes full with surprise, "Brought a girl to him. Bit her neck so that it would bleed and practically shoved her onto Damon. So that he would complete the transition."

"Is there a reason you are telling me this?"

Stefan nods, "Because I don't want to hide anything from you anymore, even my mistakes."

"I used to practice on other witches or humans. While they were tied to something," For a moment Gwen is unable to shut out their agonizing screams, "All no good people that Michael gathered up. Told myself the world would be better without them, but they still haunt my dream."

Stefan takes Gwen's hand in his, gently holding it. Smiling Gwen leans into Stefan. Who lays his free arm over her shoulders. They stay like that for a hour, giving comfort without words. Lifting each others burdens. Siblings in every way but blood.

Forgot how much I rely on Stefan when things get too heavy.

"You really are a great brother," Gwen admits "Mistakes and all."

"Thanks, you are the best sister a guy could have."

Both can't stop their large smiles. After a few more minutes, Stefan leaves. Gwen heads back inside to find Elena awake in bed. Gwen crawls between her and Bonnie. Elena rolls over to face her.

Whispering, "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah," Gwen whispers back. A random question popping up in her head, "Do you ever think of your real mom?"

Clearing her throat and eyes slowly blinking, she answers, "Yes, despite barely knowing her, it wasn't easy watching her burn. Can't help but wonder if she cared even a little bit for me. If she had any humanity left."

"Did she at least say who your biological father is?"

"His name is John and currently in town. I'm sure you will meet him soon."

"It's kind of crazy how you a doppelganger, aka supernatural creature. Got adopted by a family that hunted down supernatural creatures in this town."

Before Elena can answer a high pitched voice interrupts, "That is crazy."

Elena smiles, "Caroline! How long have you been listening?"

"Just that bit, honestly," Caroline swears.

Gwen rolls over to find Caroline sitting up, blonde hair a mess. Before more can be said Jenna opens Elena's door, "I made breakfast," grinning from ear to ear, "Now you all better get downstairs before it's all done."

Jenna leaves the laughing girls. It doesn't take long to wake Bonnie. Dressed all four girls race downstairs. Smells of bacon, eggs and toast greeting them. Caroline and Bonnie stayed for a few minutes after breakfast. Shortly after Jeremy left, followed by Elena. Leaving Gwen alone on a couch with a talkative Jenna.

"You mentioned traveling last night. Does that include outside of the US?" Jenna asks.

"Yes."

Jenna eyes light up with curiosity,"Where did you go?"

"Just to London and Edinburgh in Scotland," Gwen informs her with a shrug.

"Must have been fun. Did your whole family go?"

Gwen mind is unable to think of a response. Instead flooding her with images of her family. Henry reciting every historical fact he knows. Beth wanting to try on clothes for hours. Her parents watching it all unfold. With huge smiles and holding hands. It is swept away as Jenna clears her throat.

Before she can ask Gwen quickly informs her, "I'll be upstairs."

Gwen leaves Jenna without another word. On Elena's bed she stares at a large album. That holds family paintings of her ancestors. She stops to stare at a young girl. With brown wavy hair and doe eyes. Standing next to her brother behind their parents. Gwen finds names written underneath. Eyes landing on Charlotte Jordan.

What earned you the curse of damnation? Did you give up a secret?

Her wandering mind is interrupted by searing heat. Yelping Gwen hand flies to her chest. Only to land on her necklace, burning her hand. Leaving a oval red mark on Gwen's palm. She doesn't have time to pander, as her necklace grows hotter. Gwen wraps her hand in the bed sheet. Intentions of ripping the necklace off forgotten by Charlotte's flickering figure. A chill sweeps over Gwen, freezing any movement or rational thought.

Until the heat becomes unbearable. To the point of feeling like it is going to burn through her chest. Than vanishing along with Charlotte. Gwen breathes in deep. Mind racing to catch up with what happened. Hands clutching the bed tightly. Afraid it will disappear from underneath her. Eyes glued to the same spot. Waiting for Charlotte to appear again. Her mind is only able to conjure up one thought.

Ghost can't break spells, right?

Gwen can't ask Michael or George, but there is someone. Someone who might know more. Who has a Shadow Gilmour that could have answers.

Trent.

Gwen races down stairs, heading for the front door. Stopping when Jenna voice reaches her ears, "Come join us for lunch. It should be done soon."
Making her way to the kitchen, Gwen intends to turn the offer down. Words die from her lips. While fear crawls up her spine. As she takes in Alaric chopping up carrots on the island, smiling and chatting with Jenna.

Klaus.

Jenna notices Gwen first,"This is.. "

Gwen cuts off her interdiction using the name of who Klaus is possessing, "Alaric."

"Oh you two know each."

Alaric/Klaus smile grows, eyes locked on Gwen, "Yeah, she is in my history class with Elena."

"That's great," Jenna beams.

Gwen narrows her eyes at Alaric/Klaus, "Not really the class is boring."

This earns a chuckle from him, "That's disappointing to hear, history can be so fascinating."

"Only when people get their heads chopped off."

Alaric/Klaus doesn't respond to her threat. Clearly feeling in control and if Gwen was to be honest, he is. She let's Jenna lead her out of the kitchen. Only breaking eyes contact, when he is out of sight.

Jenna keeps her voice a whisper, but Gwen doesn't doubt Alaric/Klaus can hear everything, "Elena told me to stay away from Alaric with only he not himself and now you are all tense. What is going on?"

"I'm sure Elena has her reason. I just had a rough day yesterday and decided to take it out on him."

"Okay, while Elena needs to share her reasons in more depth," With a nod Jenna returns to the kitchen.

Gwen quickly whips out her phone. Texting Elena that Klaus is here with Jenna and her. Hoping her assumption that Elena will tell the boys. Gwen returns to the kitchen. Staying near Jenna, incase Alaric/Klaus stops playing nice.

"Speaking of history found out interesting stuff about a family. Last name was Jordan, I believe."

"Hey that's Gwen's last name."

His face twist into fake surprise, "Isn't that something, a funny coincidence one might say."

Like hell it's a coincidence. Just baiting my temper to rise . Maybe I should and curse him straight to eternal suffering.

The doorbell calls Jenna away. Leaving Gwen who glares deeper at Alaric/Klaus. Ready to give into her urges to attack. The consequences and strong possibility of death far from mind.

Instead Gwen gives into curiosity, "So what did you find? Oh and who told you my last name?"

"Miss wonderful Katherine shared your story. From last name to your families unfortunate end," Putting the knife down he steps closer to Gwen. Despite warning bells flaring in her mind, Gwen stays still, keeping her body relaxed, "As for what I found, more like century old rumors.That they found a way for necromancers to cheat death."

"Oh come on the definition of Necromancers should be cheating death."

"For others, no I mean a way to be granted immortality without losing their power."

If he isn't lying and if there is any truth to the rumors, is it the crystal? Could that be why so many searched, Killed to get it. Why my ancestors find hid it away?

"Get away from her," Stefan's angry voice snaps Gwen back to reality.

Alaric/Klaus ignores him instead hand striking out, latching onto Gwen's upper arm, gripping tightly. Elena stands behind Jenna next to Stefan. Fear swimming in her eyes that stay glued to Gwen.

A threat is clear in Alaric's/Klaus's voice, "Stefan so glad to see you."

"What the hell is going on?" Jenna asks, eyes darting between everyone.

"What do you say Stefan? Want to tell her, or perhaps Elena," His gaze switches to Gwen, "What about you? Want to share how you really know Stefan?"

Felling a boost of confidence with stefan near Gwen smirks, "No I rather kick your ass."

Her hand grabs the one holding her upper arm. Cursing his heart to grow some deadly disease. Pupil expanding until there is no blue left in her eyes. Red veins shoot up Alaric's/Klaus's hand. Slowly making its way up his arm. Jenna gasps in surprise while Alaric/Klaus starts coughing. Droplets of blood falling from his mouth, like a promise of a raining day.

Fatigue slams into her fast then ever before. Body starting to shake and vision blur. Before Gwen can shout at Stefan to knock him out, he starts chucking.

Eyes still on focused on her, "Nice trick but you forgot I'm older," Quickly he grabs Gwen's neck. Slamming her onto the island before anyone can blink. Gwen's hand falls from his, eyes returning to blue, "And stronger."

Shouts of stop and confusion emerge from both Elena and Jenna, Stefan moves to attack. Until Alaric/Klaus brings the chopping knife to Gwen's neck. Everyone stops moving held back by strings of fear.

"Somebody needs to tell me what's going on," Jenna practically whispers, unsure what pulls at her more, fear or confusion.

Alaric/Klaus turns his attention to her "Do you believe in vampires Jenna?"

I know it's been forever!!!!! I'm so sorry for the long wait. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I'm forever grateful to all my readers. This turned out to be super long so splitting it into two and next part is coming out tomorrow.

Anyway leave feel free to leave feedback of any kind :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236 14 13
While all of Caroline Forbes's friends have moved on with their lives, she has remained frozen in her seventeen-year old body. No longer free to roam...
201 7 3
It wasn't supposed to happen this way...Stefan's blood was supposed to heal Brianna, and instead, she died anyways, beginning her transition into the...
6K 25 69
Erica lillys moves to mystic falls after her parents deaths shes hoping for a fresh start to a normal life but what she dosent know to brothers have...
15.7K 407 13
elena was kidnapped by klaus and forced to live with the originals she eventually got over it and got really close with two of them what happenes whe...