Mischief Managed ~ Part 2

By batchofhiddles

It's their fifth year at Hogwarts and things seem to be getting much worse in regards to Voldemort's return... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 5

94 4 0
By batchofhiddles

"Hey you," Ben greeted with a smile, before wrapping his arm around Cassie and giving her a big kiss on the cheek. "Sleep alright?" She nodded and gave him an actual smile. Ever since their talk, she's been feeling a lot better and less lonely. "I slept...pretty well, actually. For once, I didn't have a nightmare."

He smiled widely at her and said, "That's great, love! What about your appetite? Hungry yet?" She huffed out a laugh and said, "Starving." They walked to the great hall hand-in-hand. Ben had Cassie giggling with some stupid jokes he made up about Professor Snape. 

At one point they thought Snape heard him because they were being glared at by the Professor.

"Look at you," Ben chuckled as he swirled Cassie around on their way to get lunch, "you're radiant." He pulled her to him and pressed several kisses to her head. They continued to be a cute, smiling couple all the way to the Great Hall. "Glad to see you two getting on again," Tom called from behind them. 

He and Martin were running over to them. "Yeah, we were getting a bit worried there," Martin added. Ben looked down at Cassie and said, "Nothing we couldn't handle." Suddenly, they started to hear some commotion coming from down the hall. 

Professor McGonigall and Professor Umbridge started walking into the castle, arguing about practical punishments against students. Cassie hid herself a little behind Ben because she knew this was about Madam Pomfrey telling McGonigall about her and Harry's detention. 

She didn't want things to escalate like this!

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared," Umbridge announced to the crowd of students watching this confrontation. "Cornelius will want to take immediate action." With that, she looked to McGonigall, then continued up to her office, leaving everyone a bit stunned. 

"What do you think that means?" Amanda asked as she stood close to Martin. "Don't know," he told her. Ben could see Cassie overthinking the whole thing, so he took her hand and led her back into the Great Hall. "Don't think about it, darling," he told her. 

They sat down and Ben watched as Cassie merely picked at her food. "It's my fault," she mumbled. "If I hadn't had said anything..." Ben put his hand over her's and said, "If you hadn't, your hand would be infected and you could be seriously ill. Cass, what you did was the right thing."

Hermione, who had joined them, said, "He's right. Had McGonigall never known, Umbridge could be doing this to more kids. Not that it'll stop her, but now she knows to keep an eye out." That made Cassie feel a bit better and she started eating. 

Ever since Umbridge and McGonigall had their disagreement, things took a turn for the worst. Umbridge got permission from Fudge to practically take over Hogwarts and observe it, create new rules...it was annoying.

The day after she had taken over, Cassie and Harry were walking to class and saw Umbridge jotting down notes on every student she saw. She gave the twins a smug look when they passed, which just irked them.

Cassie felt like she was being targeted by her some days. If she would even voice an opinion in class, she would get a detention. Ben tried defending her, but every time he did, he, too, would get a detention. 

Only Cassie's detention was a lot worse. Her hand got infected over the amount of times she had to write sentences with that damned quill.

"She can't keep doing this," Ben said as he sat with her on the hospital bed. He was gently holding her bandaged hand. "I agree," Professor McGonigall said. She had come to see Cassie when she got word of her injury. 

"Can't you do something about it?" Ben asked with a hint of annoyance in his voice. The Professor sighed and shook her head. "I'm afraid not, Mr. Cumberbatch. Not without Professor Dumbledore's help."

"So make him help," Ben snapped. "Ben," Cassie said, "stop. Honestly, Umbridge is the least of my problems right now. You of all people should know that." He sighed and shook his head, even though he knew she was right.

McGonigall put her hand on Ben's shoulder, then walked out. "I swear, if she does this to you one more bloody time, I'll..." He huffed in frustration. "I want to protect you," he continued, "but against her, I feel like I can't because she's a damn teacher!"

Cassie brought him in for a hug and said, "You already protect me enough. I can't thank you enough for that." He smiled as he nuzzled his face into her neck. "I love you," he told her. 

"I love you, too."

After the next few days, Cassie was released from the hospital and decided to avoid Umbridge at all costs. In class, she was quiet as a mouse. It nearly worried Ben, as well as Hermione, Ron, Tom, and Martin. They had never seen her so...scared.

"Is she going to be okay?" Harry asked Ben as they ate lunch. Cassie was studying for her O.W.L's with Hermione. "Not sure," Ben told him. "She says she's fine, but I know she's not."

"Yeah," Harry agreed," I know because I can feel it. I can't explain it, but...it's like a twin telepathy or something. It's almost as if our minds are connected." Ben thought that made sense because he's heard of twins experiencing something like that. 

"We have to protect her, Ben," Harry told him. "I can't lose her, too." Ben nodded and told him, "I know. I'll be damned if something happens to her."

After lunch, Ben and Cassie walked hand in hand to their next class. At one point, Ben wrapped his arms around her and started kissing her neck. She giggled and it was like music to his ears. He placed a firm kiss on her lips...but then was suddenly pulled away from her!

He looked behind him and saw himself headed for a wall! He hit it with an "oof!" and looked in time to see Cassie do the same on the other side of the hall. 

In between the two of them, smiling smugly, was Umbridge.

"Mr. Cumberbatch, you do not get to to touch any ladies here at this school. Do I make myself clear?" Ben just glared daggers at her. "Do...I...make myself...clear?"

He started breathing heavily, but then looked to Cassie. She as practically begging him to comply. He looked back to Umbridge, then nodded. "Good," she told him, "now get to class before I have to give you both detention."

Ben continued to glares at her as he picked up his dropped bag and quickly made his way to Cassie. "No less than eight inches apart," Umbridge called once Ben got next to Cassie. He huffed then moved himself away from her and started walking to class. 

Umbridge watched them until they got into Snape's class. As soon as they sat down, Ben took Cassie's hand under the table. 

Professor Snape started with his potions lesson, but was then interrupted by that annoying, slimy voice that belonged to Umbridge. She was going to observe Snape for a few minutes, but ended up just insulting him. 

It got a few laughs from everyone because, usually, it's him doing the insulting. Lucky for Ben and Cassie, when Umbridge walked out, she didn't notice the couple sitting together. 

"At least she can't do anything while we're in here," Cassie said as she and Ben sat on the couch in the common room, wrapped up in each other. It was nearly three in the morning, but it was the weekend, so they didn't have to worry about any classes. 

Ben brushed her short hair back from her face and smiled at her. "It's utterly amazing how I can look into your eyes and see my entire world," he told her. "I don't care what Umbridge does...you are my girl. I love you and I want to show everyday, no matter who sees or hears."

Cassie smiled, then leaned in and kissed him. He put his hand on the back of her head and pulled her closer, until she was straddling him. He moaned when they rubbed up against each other and she could feel him poking at her thigh. 

"Ben," she gasped when he gripped her hips and started kissing her neck. "Ben...Ben, stop." He immediately stopped and looked up at her. "Oh," he breathed out, "baby, I--I'm so sorry. I didn't..." She shook her head and told him, "It's fine, I just...I felt weird."

He looked at her oddly for a moment, then asked, "You mean you felt aroused?" She huffed out a laugh and said, "I know what that feels like, Ben. I do all the time around you." That boosted his ego. "What I mean is...I don't know. Like this overwhelming love almost. Something I haven't felt in...a long time."

Ben smiled, then gave her a sweet kiss. "My girl," he murmured. She started giggling when he peppered her neck with kisses. After a moment, he stopped, then said, "Sorry if I got carried away. You know I'll wait for however long you need. Besides, we are only fifteen. We've got time."

She gave him a soft smile and said, "It's fine. This is apart of how we grow together. Just...promise me we'll wait just a little longer." He immediately told her, "I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 9.3K 20
Hermione Granger travels back in time by mistake. All she wants is to return as quickly as possible, to her sixth year at Hogwarts. Unfortunately s...
11.7K 452 17
SWEAR IT GET BETTER AFTER THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS After years of homeschooling, you finally join Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in your fo...
3K 73 35
"And I told you that it was a stupid mistletoe! I don't like her anymore!" Violet yelled back, making Harry's glare turn into a surprised look. แดกแดษดแด…แด‡...
26.9K 582 43
Addy Potter has missed her first three years of Hogwarts. As a brand new fourth year, she already knows her experience will be nothing like the aver...