No Matter The Cost: Weiss Sch...

By UndesiredLeftovers

You've been struggling your whole life to prove yourself to the world, to her, that you were never weak. Som... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16 - Finale

Part 11

3.3K 43 42
By UndesiredLeftovers

The gentle warmth of the sun touched your face as the morning began to set in. After a few minutes, the bright light reached your eyes making you stir awake from good night of sleep. It was probably the best sleep you've had in weeks since you only had a few hours of sleep each night from constant training. 

As you opened your eyes, you were greeted by the sight of a sleeping Weiss, who still wore her dress. If was surprising at first to see the one you love sleeping in the same bed with you but you quickly remembered that she had insisted on staying with you for the night.

For the most part,  you were glad that she was currently keeping you in her hold but you decided to discreetly remove yourself from her grips. Although, you felt her keeping her hold and she opened her eyes.

(Y/N): uh, umm... Good morning?

She lightly smiled before bringing herself closer and pecked you on the lips,  which made you blush madly.

Weiss: Good morning,

Of course, you were practically speechless at her sudden action since you weren't even sure if she even felt the same about you but you decided to let her speak.

Weiss: I have a confession to make. For the past week I wasn't exactly sure as to why I spent so much time you. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized that I was actually falling for you.

(Y/N): ... There's nothing about me to make you feel that way.

A small frown formed across her face as she heard your words.

Weiss: Don't say things like that,  you dolt. There is meet you that nobody else wouldn't understand. Your more determined than anybody I have ever met, you continued to stay as yourself even after the humiliation, you even train yourself every night to prove to everyone that you're not weak and more importantly... You like me for who I am.

Her words were soft as she spoke when she kept her hold on you as the two of you were still lying on your bed.

(Y/N): ... I don't know what to say...

Weiss: Just kiss me you idiot.

You smiled softly as the two of you leaned into share a warm and passionate kiss that seemed to last an eternity for you. In fact, it was the first time that you had felt this happy throughout your whole life.

Knock! Knock!

The both of you separated from the sudden knocking on the door.

(Y/N): Just a sec!

You arose from your bed and opened the door to find none other than General Ironwood.

Ironwood: (Y/N), I presume?

(Y/N): Y-yes.

Ironwood: You are to report to the headmaster's office at once, it's urgent.

(Y/N): O-okay, can I have a minute to change into something different?

Ironwood: Yes, now hurry.

He then left so that you may change out of the remains of the tuxedo, the rest were sitting atop a corner desk in the dorm.

Small Timeskip

After changing into your normal clothes and bidding farewell to Weiss, you were nearly at the elevator that led to Ozpin's office until you noticed Jaune and ranger waiting beside the elevator.

Ranger: Ironwood send you here too?

(Y/N): Yeah, what about you guys?

Jaune: Same, he just said it was urgent.

You were a little confused as the why Ozpin requested the three of you.

Ranger: Anyways, how are you feeling?

(Y/N): Better.

The leader of your team let out a small smile.

Ranger: That's good to hear.

The empty elevator had finally arrived allowing the three of you to enter.

Small Timeskip

Knock! Knock!

Ozpin: Enter!

The door to the headmaster's office opened to reveal you, Ranger,  and Jaune walk inside. As the door closed behind the three of you,  Ranger decided to be the one to speak.

Ranger: So why did you call us here?

Ozpin: ... I'm afraid I have some terrible news...

Jaune: What do you mean?

Ozpin: Last night there was a disturbance in our systems. We were unable to figure out what caused this disturbance but whoever did this left this...

The headmaster scrolled through a few things in his laptop before turning it around to reveal a horrifying video. The clip was muted for good reasons since it was a recording of Joanna with her hands pinned against a will. She was heavily bleeding from her injuries as it seemed as though she was crucified.

The female blonde was struggling to keep herself conscious until she finally passed away.

Jaune nearly collapsed as he moved away to keep his eyes off of the screen before finally falling back into the wall. Ozpin closed the laptop as he held a grim expression spread across his face.

Ozpin: I-I'm so sorry but it's true... The authorities in Vale located the body earlier this morning...

Ranger : What the fuck.... First Snow n-now...

The door to Ozpin's office suddenly opened to reveal the same robed person Ozpin had spoke to the night before.  

???: I'll take things from here.

Ozpin: Very well.

Ozpin then left the room knowing that the person wanted him out of the room for personal reasons.

Ranger: What's going on here and who the hell are you?!

???: I am here at the request of these poor souls.

(Y/N): What are you talking about?

Jaune: AAAAAAHHHHH!!

Jaune's scream startled the two of you. The both of you turned around to find the male Arc backing away from the apparition of his sister.

Jaune: But we saw you-!!

The apparition then moved in front of Jaune and knelt down to his level with a gentle smile. Jaune was having difficulty believing that his sibling, who was supposed to be dead,  is currently in front of him. That is until he felt a strange warmth from the apparition as she brought him into a hug.

The sibling embrace lasted for a minute until the apparition slowly disappeared, leaving the saddened Jaune to sit there.

You two were stunned at the display. It was too much for the both of you to even comprehend the event. Next thing you two knew, an apparition of Snow appeared in front of you.

(Y/N): Wha-?

Snow then approached with a smile and brought the two of you into a hug. It was odd, you knew that it was her but she was dead. It shouldn't even be possible for her to appear like this.

She released the both of you and smiled before waving goodbye as she disappeared.

???: They are now at rest. They were unable to move on because of the way they were taken from their lives but they wanted to see the ones closest to them one final time.

Jaune: W-what are you?

The mysterious stranger lowered her hood to reveal a orange eyed female teen with orange hair and yellow tips.

???: I am simply a priestess. You "hunters" call it a semblance but it is my gift that allows me to speak with the restless souls that remain on Remnant.  However, I can only aid the pure souls pass on into the afterlife. It's not all that I can do but I will leave that for another time.

You definitely had more questions but the passing of Joanna still affected you deeply.

???: However, these two have also requested to leave a piece of their soul with the one named (Y/N). It seems that they must have seen something within yo-

The priestess was interrupted when there two figures of light that suddenly appeared beside you. The strange figures were in the shape of your two deceased friends, although Snow's figure physically held her own weapons.

???: I see,  that's why they made that request,

Ranger: What the-?

Joanna's figure held out her arms until her own sword and shield suddenly appeared on her hands. From the sudden appearance, you were able to sense that her weapon was added into your collection.

The two figures then disappeared along with their weapons spiraling around you before they disappeared.

???: It seems that my work here is done.

The girl was about to leave until Jaune stopped her.

Jaune: Wait! Can you at least tell us your name?

???: Corona. Nothing more, nothing less. Now if you'll excuse me,  I must take my leave.

The teen now identified as Corona pulled her hood over her head and walked out of the office, leaving all of you to sit there in your saddened states. Just as she exited, Jaune's team, Weiss, and Blake ran inside.

Weiss: (Y/N)!

The heiress ran up to you and brought you into her arms with a comforting embrace. Meanwhile, the other two were being led outside of the room since they were unable to move on their own,  especially Jaune.

Weiss: Ozpin told us about what happened. I'm so sorry for your loss...

Even when you had seen your fallen friends for one last time, you couldn't help but break down in her arms. You had never really grown up with a family yet,  most of what you recognized as a family are gone. 

To be continued...

So trying to move all the sad stuff out of the way, no I did not get her name from the beer company XD. It was actually something that came to me when I was watching a live stream of loops of the surface of the sun while typing for the other story. Now will she have abilities that derive from the sun? No, only reference to the sun is of course her hair and eyes. So let me know what you think of Corona and I'll include her in other RWBY stories.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 464 12
Continuation of the last story, hope you all enjoy After your first semester in Beacon you've been having having a great time, you and Ruby got toget...
312K 3K 10
You and Weiss Schnee love each other with all your hearts. Problem is, no one is suppose to know about it. Clarification: This is probably, the wo...
193K 1.8K 8
You felt like you were one of the luckiest guys in Vale since you were dating the Genius Ruby Rose, but those feelings turned to hatred when she did...
18.4K 395 17
After living within the cold walls of the facility, (Y/N) is eventually released and forced to wander the world of remnant. Will he become the hero h...