The Girl Who Lives and The Bo...

By Momo3625

Sequel to "The Girl Who Stutters, and The Boy Who Mutters." Scott and Abby have been through hell and back to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Four
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Final Bonus Chapter
Spin-Off Story
Leaving Wattpad
Liam Spin-Off
Spin-Off Sneak peek
FULL Never Before Seen Bonus Chapter
For The Love Of Writing

Chapter Thirty Three

15.3K 732 742
By Momo3625

Scott's P.O.V.

"FUCK!" I shout in pain, frustration, and sorrow. How could I let this happen again?

I lean down and pick up the lego that I regretfully just stepped on. I blink my eyes a couple of times, still tired from last night, and wonder how this lego got into my room in the first place. It must be a sign of bad luck.

I look up at the clock and see that it's almost four in the afternoon. I've slept most of the day away, but I still feel exhausted. I wouldn't change anything that happened last night though. Abby and I ended up falling asleep together, and even though we didn't classify what we are, I think it's good that we're most likely going to take it slow this time around.

I brush my teeth before walking downstairs, not bothering to do anything with my hair. The walk downstairs is dreadful, having so many stairs truly is a problem. I hear the TV blaring in the living room and walk in to see Liam on the couch with his arm around Skylar while Miranda sits on the floor eating a sandwich. I frown when I see my sister and she frowns back before rolling her eyes and continuing to eat her sandwich.

"Where's Abby?" I ask scratching the back of my head.

"That's the first question you ask?" Miranda asks through a big mouthful of sandwich. "Your beloved sister is home after months of being gone and you can't even say 'hi'?"

"I know right?" Liam agrees with Miranda as he taps her side with his foot. "No 'hi' for his beloved best friend who hasn't seen him in a long time either."

"I say you yesterday Liam," I shake my head at him and decide not to comment on how he's cuddling with Skylar.

"You saw Abby yesterday too," Liam shrugs. "Yet the first thing you ask about when you see all of us is Abby. She left to go to the park with Becca like four hours ago."

"What have they been doing at the park for that long?"

"Don't ask me," Liam sticks out his bottom lip. "They aren't my problem. Scared Becca is going to steal her away from you?"

"Fuck off dude," I shake my head and turn around to go back up to my room, ready to sleep until Abby gets back.

"Wait," Liam says and I turn back to look at him a raised eyebrow. "Mama Smith told me to tell you that she wants to talk."

"To me?" I ask confused. She never seems like she even wants to be in the same room as me, so must be important.

"To you," he nods before pointing outside. "She's out there gardening with your Mom."

I trudge all the way back up to my room and change out of my pajama clothes. I take a few deep breaths as I try to change my foul demeanor. I'm not exactly feeling up to talking today, but I kind of have to go see what it is that she wants to talk about.

I walk back downstairs and pass the three people lying around in my my living room. I walk to the front door and when I step out a beam of sunlight shines down on my face. I look around, trying to locate the two Mothers. Why is my Mom even out here gardening? She hates gardening. It doesn't take long for me to find them as I spot them just a few bushes over. I cautiously move over to them and my Mom is the first one to see me.

"Honey," she smiles and stands up, out of the dirt, to give me a quick hug. "I see you've finally come out of your cave."

"Yeah," I chuckle as I hug her back. "Liam said that Mrs. Smith wanted to talk to me?"

"Go ahead," Mom wipes off her hands and walks around me. "I'll just go inside and fix us some lemonade.

I almost ask Mom to stay out with us so that I don't have to talk to Mrs. Smith alone, but she's already on her way back inside. I sigh and turn to look at Mrs. Smith who's now standing up and staring at me.

"Liam said that you wanted to talk..."

"That's right," she says picking up a shovel off of the ground. "Grab a shovel, you're going to help me garden."

So that's what I do. I grab a shovel and dig the holes while Mrs. Smith puts the plants on the ground.

"So..." I say as we continue to work. "What did you want to talk about?"

"I don't hate you Scott," she sighs as she kneels down in the dirt and proceeds to insert a plant into the ground. "I'm not sure if I like you either though."

"Well that's," I pause as I try to figure out what the right way to respond is. "Heartwarming."

"I know you don't think I'm the best Mother," she continues and I choose not to deny her allegation. "But I try to do what I can for my family. And for a long time you weren't the best thing for Abby, especially since you bullied her in high school."

"That was like four years ago," I whine. I didn't even know that Mrs. Smith knew that happened.

"But it still happened," she picks up another plant. "You couldn't honestly expect me to like you right away, could you?"

Most people do.

"I guess not."

"I love my girls," she puts the plant into another hole and fills the hole with dirt again. "And Abby's been through a lot. I never had to worry about Anna, but I was always scared that Abby would never find her place. She was never good with people-"

"She's great with people," I argue.

"But she didn't used to be," she finishes shaking her head. "She'd break into a sweat just being introduced to new people."

"Why're you telling me this?"

"Because she loves you," she sighs and leans back on her knees. "And she can't seem to stay away from you, which means that she sees something in you that other guys must not have. I don't see it, but I trust my daughter."

"Well," I'm surprised by her sudden confession, but happy at the same time. "What exactly are you trying to tell me?"

"If you keep my daughter safe then you and I will get along just fine, " she says simply. "But if you hurt her-"

"I would never," I say quickly. "Not on purpose anyways."

"Good enough," she smiles. "Hurt her and her Father will kill you though."

"Thanks for the warning," I shrug. "If I ever do, I'll make sure to get a head start before he comes for me."

I take a deep breath, set the shovel down, give her a polite nod, and walk back into the house. I pass Mom on the way in and she gives me a light pat on the shoulder. Things are starting to look up.

My phone starts ringing and I walk into the living room before pulling it out of my back pocket to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Scott," I smile when I hear Abby's smooth voice on the other end of the line.

"Hey Abby," I smile and look up to see that Liam, Skylar, and Miranda are still in the room. "What's up?"

"I need you to be extremely calm Scott," Abby says and I frown. "I'm with Parker at the park. He wants you here, but if there are any cops he'll shoot me. Don't come Scott, it's a trap. He'll just kill-"

"Bitch," I hear a scream and a loud thump before a deep recognizable voice takes the phone. "Be here in twenty minutes or she gets a bullet in the head."

I hear the line disconnect and close my eyes. I shouldn't have let Abby and Becca got to the park on their own. They could both be hurt because of me. I should've went to go find them as soon as I found out that they'd been gone for so long.

"Liam," I say much calmer than I expected I would be. "C'mon, let's go to the park."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"So you aren't going to call the police?"

Liam and I are driving to the park right now. I made the quick decision of not telling anyone else that was in the house about the Parker predicament. I don't need fifteen other people following me and setting Parker off.

"I already called the police," I say referring to the call I made right before I left the house. "They know what to do with situations like this. They'll be there and as long as they don't have their guns showing Parker will never know who they are, they'll look like normal people. I'm not going to make the same mistakes I made the last time that I say him."

"He told you that he'd shoot her if you called the police-"

"That's just a scare tactic," I shake my head. "He doesn't want her, he wants me. He's trying to get back at me because he's convinced that I murdered his best friends."

We're silent for the rest of the time until we pull up to the park. The weather outside has drastically changed from what it was earlier. There are storm clouds gathering around the surrounding area and a soft wind has begun to pick up. Liam and I sit in the car for what seems like forever before making a silent decision to climb out of the car.

There aren't a lot of people at the park, and the few that are here I recognize. A few men and women from the police force are scattered about, covering themselves up very well. I make eye contact with one of the men who's pretending to be on a jog and he gives me a slight nod.

"This is fucking creepy," Liam says as he climbs out of the car. He walks around to my side of the car and looks around cautiously before slipping something into my hand. I look down and my eyes widen when I see a real gun in my hand.

"Where did you get this from?" I whisper yell at him.

"I ran to your Dad's garage before we left," he says pointing at the gun. "I didn't want to go into this blind, what if he has a gun?"

I nod and Liam forces me to tuck the gun away in the waistband of my pants. I don't like the feel of this but I go along with anyways, knowing that even though Liam is an idiot, he's right.

We walk across the park, looking for any sign of them and not finding any. I narrow my eyes at a dark alley just across the way and immediately start walking over there. It doesn't hurt to check, besides, he wouldn't stand in plain sight. Dark alleys seem like something that Parker would love. We slowly walk around the corner and into the alley, carefully surveying the area.

Bingo.

"Scott," It's no surprise when I come face to face with the man himself. He's standing about several feet away with Abby kneeling on the ground next to him, her mouth taped up. I clench my teeth at the sight and the long cut across the top of her forehead only fuels my anger. I frown when I see Becca leaning on the wall behind him with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face. "Good to see you again old sport."

"What'd you want from me Parker?" I ask tiredly, feeling like I just need to give up. "An apology? I'm sorry, it was an accident. I didn't intend to-"

"To kill my best friends?" His eye twitches in a way that only a true psychopaths would. "Well you did. They were like my brothers and you took them away from me. Now you get to suffer the consequences."

I nearly roll my eyes when he pulls out a gun and points it at me, this feels far too cliche for it to actually be happening. For some reason I'm not as scared as I should be about him having this gun pointed at me.

"You wanna kill me now?" I scratch my forehead and his grip on the gun falters. He seems surprised that I don't appear to be as scared as I should be. "Go for it buddy, I deserve it."

"You deserve it?"

"Yeah go ahead," I open my arms wide. "Pop me one right to the chest, I deserve it."

"You don't deserve to die," Parker shakes his head rapidly. "You deserve to be tortured."

I let my arms drop to my side when he says that and cautiously move my hand over the top of the hidden gun. He doesn't seem to notice so I leave my hand there.

"You don't even feel guilty," both of his eyes begin to twitch as his breathing starts to get heavier. "You don't care if I kill you, someone you love has to die then you'll understand. You deserve a life of sorrow just like I've been forced to live."

As soon as his eyes fall on the back of Abby's head I'm pulling the gun out of my waist band and pointing it at him. Dad taught me how to use one when I was much younger and we used to go hunting in the woods during hunting season. We wouldn't hunt big things, usually just small animals. But I at least know how to shoot a gun.

"Shoot her," I say as my hands shake with the gun in my hand. "And I will not hesitate to kill you."

"She's not enough," he frowns and starts mumbling things under his breath.

"What're you-"

I don't get to finish my sentence before I hear a string of three bullets go off and I don't hesitate to shoot back. I watch in horror as Parker's body slumps down on the ground, His gun skids over to my feet and I rush over to Abby to see that she's unscathed but her eyes are wide as she stares back at me. She's trying to say something but I can't hear her with the tape over her mouth. She doesn't seem to have been hit so I can't help but wonder what she's so freaked out about.

"I'm here," I move behind her and cut the duct tape off of her hands. But as soon as the tape is off she reaches up and grabs the collar of my shirt, frantically pointing at something and I turn around to look at what she's pointing at. My heart drops in my chest when I see what she's trying to show me.

Liam.

My breathing stops when I see my best friend lying on the ground and I stumble away from Abby and over to where he's lying. My whole chest tightens as soon as I drop next to him and see what happened. There are three bullet holes, clear as day, right in his chest. His eyes are just barely open but his breathing is very jagged, I look around and my eyes immediately start watering.

"Liam," I say as I stare down at him. "You're gonna be okay, you're gonna be alright-"

"Scott," I hear him just barely whisper my name and I already know that he wants me to lean down so that I can hear him better. There's a crowd of people surrounding us and I can hear someone calling an ambulance but I tune everything out except for my best friend. "How come I'm the one that always gets shot?"

"I don't know buddy," I say offering him a dry chuckle for his dry humor. I wrap my hand around his as he stares up at me with a look in his eyes as though he already knows what's going to happen.

"I'm not going to make it," he says and I begin shaking my head at him as tears stream down my face. "I need you to do something for me."

"What?" I whisper and I see a tear fall from the corner of Liam's eye. He's obviously in a great deal of pain.

"Skylar," he slowly as his breathing becomes even more shallow. "Her family. In a bad place. Please. Take care of them."

"I promise," I say trying to keep myself together but not being able to. I curse Parker in my mind at what he's done to me. He knows exactly what he's doing. He's taking my best friend away from me. He's ripping my brother away. Just like I did his, except he did this to me on purpose.

"Abby is," he's speaking one word sentences, taking breaths between each word. "The one. Take care. Of her. Tell. My parents. I forgive them."

I nod, knowing that Liam has a bad relationship with his parents. He doesn't deserve any of this, he looks like he can't hold on for much longer as he stares up at me. His jaw clenches as his grip on my hands tightens.

"I love. You man," he whispers as his eyes fall shut. "Thankyou."

His grip on my hand loosens completely and that's when I completely break down. I'm crying and wiping snot all over my shirt as I hold my best friend's hand. I pay no attention to the people who are shuffling around us and rest my head on Liam's stomach. I put my fingers on his neck to check for a pulse.

He's gone.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Remember that bad thing that I had planned? Well this is it.

It was a lot harder to write than you probably think it was, I've said many times that Liam has always been my favorite character and I know that he was some of yours. Just the thought of him going didn't sit well with me, but something in my knew that it had to happen. Only a couple more chapters now.

Sad about Liam? Why did any of you love him? If any of you hated him then why did you hate him?

Anyone happy about what happened to Liam?

Happy about Parker getting shot?

Was Liam a favorite character for anyone else? Why?

In the midst of all of this, where's Becca?

Did Liam deserve better?

Instagram: lilchocolatedonut

Snapchat: momo36235

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 24.8K 31
[NOTE: This book was written in 2010, a time of long-distance phone cards, weight-loss obsessions, and searching for a man as a solution to life's pr...
288 81 27
3 years later, Justin and Rally have graduated from high school and are now heading to college. When Justin and Rally get accepted into the same coll...
2.8M 55.2K 31
**Book TWO of "The Taylor Family Series" following "Nine Months"** ... Matty and Sums Taylor are at it again!! Join these two in their crazy life of...
90.2K 3.7K 22
Even though she's one year out of college, for once in her life, Reese Adler is going to have a summer for herself. Her little brother, who she pract...