Set Your Sails...to Neverland...

By lisajocosh

In the wake of an abrupt storm, Davina Jones is violently torn from all she holds dear, finding herself maroo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Run
Chapter 2 - Never Underestimate a Pirate
Chapter 3 - The Ocean is a Pirate's Home
Chapter 4 - Secrets of Neverland
Chapter 5 - Let's Play
Chapter 6 - Fun and Faulty Games
Chapter 7 - Lost and Found
Chapter 8 - Hoist the Colours
Chapter 9 - An Opportune Moment
Chapter 10 - The Enchanted Forest
Chapter 11 - The Curse
Chapter 12 - Strange Surroundings
Chapter 13 - Once Upon A Time
Chapter 14 - One Step Closer
Chapter 15 - Secrets and Beliefs
Chapter 16 - One Year Later in Storybrooke
Chapter 17 - Breakthrough
Chapter 18 - Disrupted Plans
Chapter 19 - Advancement and Conflicts
Chapter 20 - The Return
Chapter 21 - Round Two
Chapter 22 - Alternatives
Chapter 23 - So They Meet Again
Chapter 24 - Secrets Revealed
Chapter 25 - Reunited
Chapter 26 - Pan's Plans
Chapter 27 - Game Changer
Chapter 28 - Unexpected Kindness
Chapter 29 - The Penultimate Move
Chapter 30 - A Twist and a Turn
Chapter 31 - Dead Men Tell No Tales
Chapter 32 - From Villain to Hero
Chapter 34 - Kill or Be Killed
Epilogue - A New Adventure
Coming Soon
It's Here!

Chapter 33 - Arcadia

3K 96 47
By lisajocosh

~ Davina

We look up as the spires of volcanic rock stretch above us, sailing between the two that resemble an entrance. Slowly, the ship comes to a stop and the anchor drops. There's a slight wind stream between the spires, making my hair fly around my head in wisps. The Dutchman rocks slightly as the anchor hits the bottom.

"If you wouldn't mind, I need some privacy. I have to change my clothes," I say to Jones, "You'll have to untie me from the mast."

As soon as I put them on the direct course to the Elixir, I was bound to the mast and forced to stay like that until we reached this location. I raise my eyebrow while Jones takes his time to examine whether it's a good idea or not to set me somewhat free.

"If you don't, you're not going to get anywhere near that Elixir," I add flatly.

He nods to one of his men, Hadras with the conch-shell shaped head, to untie me. I smile as I wait for the ropes to loosen. As soon as I feel the ropes drop, I push them to the floor and stretch, gritting my teeth against the pain of the still-fresh cuts across my back.

"Quittance! Take her to my quarters and wait outside until she's ready. Make sure she doesn't try to escape," Jones orders.

"I wouldn't even bother this far away from the mainland," I say, rolling my eyes.

When Quittance moves out of the line of crew members, I flinch. He really isn't pleasant to look at, because you can't even tell what sea creature he is. He's a mixture, mainly underwater flora. He follows closely behind me while we walk to Jones' quarters. I step inside the doorframe, and give him a look to say "don't even try to come in" and he turns his back as soon as I shut the door. I take this as an opportunity to look around; there's not much, apart from a bed and some shelves with decaying rum bottles. Right at the back though, there's an organ. I look over it, and next to it, I see a crab-shaped pendant which is tarnished and has dulled with age with a mysterious face is still visible. I open it and it plays a tune...Jones' tune. I press it shut and put it back where I found it. I move to stand in front of Jones' small gold-framed mirror. For the first time, I see my reflection. My clothes are sticky and stained with blood, my hair is matted and full of knots. A bruise covers my left cheekbone, dried blood under my nose and my lip is cut on the corner. I lick my thumb and rub away the dried blood on my face. I sigh. I close my eyes, concentrating as hard as I can and wave my hand. When I open my eyes, my hair is clean and loose, and a white dress covers my body, my wounds sealed. My feet are bare, but that doesn't bother me. I'm numb to all pain now. I take the Siren pendant and clip it around my neck, letting it rest against my chest. It's time.

With a huff, I walk out and Hadras follows behind me as I go to the helm. I walk around the ship, looking for the point that will lead us to the Elixir.

"What's with the fancy dress?" Jones asks.

"The person who leads the journey and is the first to go through the barrier must wear a symbol of purity. White is the purest colour," I reply, still walking along the length of the ship. Or rather, purest shade.

I know where the point is. I cross from Port to Starboard, just a little to the left of the plank, and climb up onto the edge. I turn so my back faces the water, and the crew instantly draw their weapons.

"What are you doing?" Jones asks. So many bloody questions.

"You really think this place is the entrance to the Elixir?" I ask and chuckle, "No, you have to let go and swim," I say.

I spread my arms out to the side, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, and let myself fall backwards. The warm air rushes past me, and while I fall, I cast a spell to help me breathe underwater just before I split the smooth ocean surface. I wait a few moments for my body to settle before opening my eyes. I hesitantly breathe out, worried my spell didn't work but am soon relieved that I can breathe just as normally as I can on land. I blink a few times and take in my surroundings. The scenery is even more phenomenal than Neverland's seabed. The colours are far more vivid, there's more wildlife, more...magic. It's no surprise. This is sacred, untouched land. Only my family know where to go. Suddenly, there are several muffled crashes around me, and I see Jones and a few crew members. They're shocked by the landscape too despite being part of it. Jones looks at me, and I nod in the direction we need to go. I push on, swimming straight before weaving through the smaller spires until we reach the narrower area. We swim in single file, squeezing through the gaps between the volcanic rock as carefully as possible until we come to an open expanse. I wave for Jones and his crew to join me by my side; Jones frowns at me and goes to touch his sword when he sees there's nothing in front of us, but I put my finger up to stop him.

"Stay with me," I mouth.

I count to three, and we all swim straight at the same time. A strong pulse of magic bursts out from the pendant around my neck as we cross the barrier. I close my eyes against the force, and when I open them, I smirk. It looks just as it did when I first came here. The sunlight streaks through the water, and I swim up. I take a deep breath when I break the surface, and there it is.

I swim to the land, which is mainly water, so Jones won't break his one-day-every-ten-year rule. Jones and his crew join me on the waterlogged land, and they're silent.

"Is this...where I think it is?" Jones asks.

"Yes...this is Arcadia," I reply.

The Greek version of Utopia, and it's real. We're here. The sun is hot, various species of trees stretch miles above us, the water glitters in a way no one can describe, thousands of creatures roam and fly around the island. It really is perfection. Everything is so serene.

The magic is broken when I feel weight clamped around my wrists - chains, with one leading to Jones' belt. He's so displaced here.

"Take me to the Elixir," he orders.

"This way," I say quietly and walk North-East.

We travel through the forest, and I see creatures I didn't think actually existed. Nymphs, Pixies, Imps, Kelpies, Brownies, Centaurs, Satyrs, Sprites and Sylphs, Goblins, Elves and so many more; even the Ladon, the snake that tempted Eve to eat the apple. But the location before the Elixir is the most dangerous, and the one that is the most challenging to pass through. It's the place where the pendant was forged. It's Arcadia's Siren Coast.

"You and your men will need to cover...whatever you use to hear. This is where the Sirens live. If you want that Elixir, you need to resist their song," I whisper.

"Okay. Men! Cover your ears," Jones instructs.

We tiptoe along the coast, and our eyes can't help but wander over the lake, where several sirens sit, combing their hair. They haven't spotted us yet, and we almost make it halfway without having to fight their music. But one sees us, and instantly, the sounds of nature disappear, and they begin to sing.

"Don't listen!" I shout, and the men press their palms to their ears even harder.

How did we make it through before? What did my mother do to stop them? 

I remember.

"Upon one summer's morning, I carelessly did stray. Down by the Walls of Wapping, where I met a sailor gay. Conversing with a young lass, who seem'd to be in pain, Saying, William, when you go, I fear you will ne'er return again," I burst out, glancing at Jones who's looking quizzically at me. "My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold. There is nothing can console me, but my jolly sailor bold," and the Sirens begin to quieten down as I continue to sing. "His hair it does in ringlets hang, his eyes as black as coal. May happiness attend him, wherever he may go. From Tower Hill, down to Blackwall, I will wander, weep and moan. All for my jolly sailor bold, until he sails home. My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold. There is nothing can console me, but my jolly sailor bold."

Jones looks at me, and then at the Sirens, and back at me, and nods, giving me the sign to continue singing.

"My father is a merchant - the truth I now will tell. And in great London City, in opulence doth dwell, His fortune doth exceed, ₤300,000 in gold. And he frowns upon his daughter, 'cause she loves a sailor bold. A fig for his riches, his merchandise and gold, True love is grafted in my heart; give me my sailor bold. My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold. There is nothing can console me but my jolly sailor bold," and the Sirens begin to sing with me. "Should he return in poverty, from o'er the ocean far. To my tender bosom, I'll fondly press my jolly tar. My sailor is as smiling, as the pleasant month of May. And oft we have wandered, through Ratcliffe Highway. Where many a pretty blooming girl, we happy did behold, Reclining on the bosom of her jolly sailor bold. My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold, There is nothing can console me but my jolly sailor bold. My name it is Davina, a merchant's daughter fair, And I have left my parents and three thousand pounds a year. My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold, There is nothing can console me but my jolly sailor bold," I finish the song but the Sirens keep singing, so I hurry Jones and his crew along before they return to their own murderous tune.

Soon, we're safe, and we're almost at the Elixir. We stand between two marble pillars and look into the journey ahead of us.

"Where to now?" Jones asks.

"The Sacred City of Arcadia," I reply.

"So, through the City, and we're there?" Hadras asks over-optimistically.

"No," I say, "while this place is a Utopia, it's home to other supernatural beings, as we've seen. It's also a resting place. The souls of the good, pure creatures stay here, almost like the Locker, but they're not tortured. They're happy. They're at peace," I explain.

"Then it's easy to get through then? They won't bother us," Jones asks.

"As long as we remain silent, and we don't come into contact with them, we should be fine."

"Why?"

"If you disturb their peace, they take you with them..." I answer quietly.

"Okay then men, we walk single file. Davina...you lead," Jones instructs.

I nod, and hold out my wrists, "The chains could disturb them."

Jones glares at me but unlocks them; when I'm ready, I press my finger to my lips and then wave them forward. We walk slowly, watching and listening. The souls drift soundlessly and gracefully past us. They shimmer, not just one colour, but all of them. They range from every age, some glide with another, but most of them alone. There are babies in the arms of mothers who aren't theirs but need caring for. Whispers float around us, the sound of their voices talking to each other. I stop as a group float in front of us, and I wait until there's a long, clear stretch for us to walk down. I lower my palm and indicate for us to go straight.

"Almost there," I whisper to Jones behind me.

I lead them to the end of the square, and we're less than five minutes away. My hand touches the giant metal door, and graze my hands over the lock. I undo the necklace, and hold the pendant between my thumb and fingers, and push it into the lock. I twist it, and bolts shift and click back. The doors swing open to reveal the Palace and Gardens of Arcadia.

"There it is," I whisper.

In front of us, there's a fountain with glittering, golden water that pours from a boy's...pan flute...what? I shake it off and walk around the other side to see the Faun. Between the two, are two solid gold leaves.

"Remember the whole thing about purity? I'll get it," I say to Jones.

"I'll be watching," he says and shoves me forward.

"Okay, God. I made a promise, didn't I?" I reply, shaking my head.

He stays on my heels, and I climb into the fountain. The water is warm, and I can feel it's magic around my ankles. I hoist myself onto the first tier of the statue, but when I touch the side that shows the boy, I'm blinded by images.

A young boy, more years ago than anyone I know can remember, runs around an island. Two adults chase after him, and suddenly he morphs into a faun. The man, who must be his father, picks him up and spins him around. He giggles, smiling widely, lighting up his bright green eyes. His mother joins them and places a kiss on his cheek.

"One day, my son, you will be the ruler of your own land. The prophecies themselves say so," She says, pushing back his light brown hair, "You are born from a God, my son, my Peter."

I gasp when I come out of the flashback. I look up at the statue of the boy, and I smile. It all makes sense. But aware of Jones' watchful gaze, I climb up, coming face to face with the leaves.

And panic sets in.

"No...no no no no no no...." I whisper.

I shove the moss and leaves and twigs out from the golden podium, desperate to find it. But it's not there. The Elixir's gone.

"Where is it?" Jones shouts, "You should have it by now!"

I climb back down, "I...I don't know. It's gone."

"What?"

"I said, it's gone."

He yells out, brandishing his sword. "Men! Find that Elixir! I want that Elixir!" He shouts and his men scramble to search the gardens.

I look into the waters. Everything makes sense. Pan's mischief, his music, the Shadows, his anger, the prophecies, his magic, his island...everything. The Greek God, Pan...this is his island. Arcadia is the home of Pan. I look up at the statues. Pan was both Faun and Man, the inventor of the pan flute. It's not a palace...it's the temple. I look up at the boy. The prophecies of little Peter owning his own island, little Peter descended from the God, Pan. When the God was disturbed in his secluded afternoon nap, his angry shout inspired panic in lonely places. Thus, Neverland was created. Where lonely children could visit in their dreams. When he died, Pan multiplied into a swarm of himself, or, the Shadows. After his death, he stopped being worshipped, which led to his anger and need for revenge. The first Shadow, the strongest, saw this and used it, and became bitter. So he waited. He waited for the little boy in the prophecy. He waited for the ruler of his own island. And he found him.

Peter Pan.

"Captain! We're sorry...we can't find it. It's not here," Quittance says.

"You. You took it," Davy Jones says, looking at me.

"What? No! I didn't. I've been in Neverland, I couldn't have."

"Who else would have?" He says.

He suddenly grabs my hair and draws his sword.

"No! Don't!" I shout.

"Why not?" He spits, pressing the blade against my skin.

"Because unless you want your life sentence to get any worse...I suggest you stop, and we leave," I answer breathlessly as I pray that he doesn't kill me.

"Fine! Men! Chain her! Let's go."

Maccus and Koleniko clamp the rusted handcuffs around my wrists and pull me forward. Davy Jones grabs the pendant from the door, and they shut. Not the square...

My chains announce our presence, and I'm dragged behind them at full pace, my knees and feet dragging along the stone. I grit my teeth to stop me from screaming, but the souls already know I'm here. They turn toward me, my eyes widen and I pick up my feet to run.

"We need to go!" I shout.

Maccus and Koleniko pick me up and run, far from the souls and past the Sirens, through the jungle until we reach the gate. They drag me underwater to get through, and water fills my lungs once again. I can't focus enough to cast the spell. I struggle until I can't anymore and I feel myself go limp.

- - -

I wake up, coughing and spluttering out water. My lungs and throat burn, and I suck in all the air I can. I collapse but don't have a chance to rest. My arms are yanked above my head, and I feel my body drag against the Dutchman's deck until I'm in the air.

"Why did you tell me to stop? What did you mean when you talked about my life sentence?" Jones asks, looking up at my hanging body.

"There's...a reason...it's called...Arcadia, why it's the Sacred City. It's the Greek...utopia. The island is untouched, perfect...the moment blood is spilt, or a human is...purposely injured, the culprit...is punished for...tarnishing the idyllic space. The island takes...the worst...part of your...life...and amplifies it," I say between deep breaths of pain.

"So it's not because you know where the Elixir really is?"

"No."

"I don't believe you."

There's a sharp pain in my stomach, and I look down to see his sword sunk in, right up to the hilt. He removes it and I scream. Blood pours from the gash, and I suck in deep breaths. Tears escape my eyes, but relief is felt only for a millisecond, as the same whip that has burdened and tortured me all these years cracks the skin on my back once again. The material of my dress rips at each lash. I bite my lip so hard that I draw blood, and soon, the pain is too much.

Everything is too much.

A/N Surprise!

I'M SO HAPPY WITH THIS CHAPTER OMG

Basically, I was looking for a place to have the Elixir, so look up mythical places and chose Arcadia, then when I was researching it, I found out it was the home of the God, Pan. So I researched him and BOOM! this happened.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW POTC AAAHHH

AND NEVERLAND IN SEASON 6 MADE ME SO HAPPY OMG OMG OMG

I cried during the musical episode bc stress of exams THAT ARE IN UNDER A MONTH WHICH DETERMINE IF I GET INTO UNIVERSITY OR NOT HELP

But anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter, and this will probably be the last update for a while cause like I said, exams.

Thank you for 33k reads!

Much love♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321 11 14
Her whole life has been about Henry, since she was four years old. She has never left his side, always protecting him, but who will protect her when...
12.2K 536 12
𝙸 πš”πš—πšŽπš . 𝙸 πš”πš—πšŽπš  πšπš‘πšŽ πš–πš˜πš–πšŽπš—πš πšœπš‘πšŽ 𝚠𝚊𝚜 πš‹πš˜πš›πš—, πšπš‘πšŠπš 𝙸'𝚍 πš—πšŽπšŸπšŽπš› πš•πš’πšŸπšŽ πšžπš™ 𝚝𝚘 πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš‘πš™πšŽπšŒπšπšŠπšπš’πš˜πš—πšœ 𝚝�...
157 4 5
Summary: Elena Michelle Mills is 16 years old and is a character rarely talked about. Her mom is Regina Mills, otherwise known as The Evil Queen. Her...
10.3K 286 29
This is the story of how I died... or lived. I can't reveal that until the end of the story. This story is also about where I went. I was too damn ca...