Creatures of Shadow Forest

By werewolfgirl35

Tulsi was strongly independent and offered help to anyone in need. It was this that landed her in a strange a... More

Lending aide
Wolves
Shadow Forest
Adventure time
Watching
Saving the pack
Meeting of the families
Werewolves in the village
Life Goes On
What? No way!
Forgivess
The Showdown

Reality

1.9K 61 8
By werewolfgirl35

I awoke with warmth enveloping me, a feeling of safety and peace. My neck was a little sore but otherwise I felt great.

Stretching I found that I was in a bed and I was  not alone. The warmth came from the body of the man from earlier. I tried moving but his steel grip didn't budge. His arms had me trapped, my back to his chest. Wiggling I tried to escape but it was no use.

My bladder getting the best of me I made one last attempt to break free. I slapped the man across the cheek. His hand reached up in impulse and I was able to maneuver out of the other one.

"What the hell!" He rose up looking around frantically. I was already at the door to connected bathroom. "Sorry but I really have to go to the bathroom and you were holding me down."

Before he could answer I had the door closed and locked. I heard his impatient pacing in front of the door while the water ran in the sink for the last five minutes. Stalling I tried to wrap my mind around what I just saw. Well since I didn't know how long I had been asleep what I saw earlier today. Oh my, I hope it is still today. If I don't check in with the ladies at the shop at the end of the evening they will send a search party and from what I overheard the party will not leave the forest standing.

*bang, bang*

Jumping at the sudden loud noise I hit my knee on the counter. "Ouch!"

"What's wrong, what happened! Open the door so I can make sure your ok," came the frantic voice from the other side of the door. The door knob rattling and insistent bagging was irritating me, "back up and I will open the door."

A sigh then shuffling feet. Waiting a few more seconds I opened the door slowly. As soon as I stepped out arms were crushing me to a chest again.

"Woah, back up there buddy,"
I once again tried detaching myself but holy hell, his grip was strong. "Please, its starting to hurt."

At the word hurt his vice like grip fell to just his arms lightly touching my back and waist. He rested his forehead on mine, "I'm sorry love. I didn't mean to hurt you. I am still new to all this and these emotions are making me all sorts of confused and on edge."

"Well join the club buddy. I'm so confused I'm giving myself a headache," I reached up and rubbed my temples.

"I'm sorry, is there any thing I can help with? Answer any questions?"

"Yes, first you can let me go. Second where is all my stuff? My red cape, bag? Phone?"

It seemed he was battling with himself for a few seconds but he did eventually let his arms drop. With a hurt look he answered, "They are still in the living room." He turned and walked out the door with me close behind.

I heard banging  from the kitchen area when we were walking down the hallway. Man this place is bigger than I originally thought. Many doors were closed as we passed them and several bathrooms were visible. Reaching the open front room I saw the kitchen and dining area.

A woman and a teen girl were cooking. "Mom, I told you not to make a big deal. We don't need a big meal."

The very beautiful woman turned at the sound of the mans voice, "Nonsense Talan, Alpha is on his way and we need to make a good impression."

A shiver went though my body at the word alpha. All those things about alphas I read made them seem mean and cruel. Noticing my shiver Talan, as I now know him, stepped closer and rubbed his hands up and down my arms, "cold? Let me get you a blanket."

"Talan dear, have you talked about things yet?" The mother asked with a pointed look.

"No, not yet. She just woke up and I haven't really had the chance."

"Okay one, 'she' has a name and it's Tulsi and two, I need my belongings. I have to call my friends so they know I'm okay."

"Here is your bag." The young woman handed me my backpack. I ripped it open in search of my phone. "The phone is not there," Talan softly said.

"But I need it. I have to call my friends." His hand covered my frantic ones, still searching through the bag hoping to find it laying in the bottom.

"I'm sorry, no phones allowed here." Was his quite response.

"But how do you communicate then?" I asked then hit myself in the head. "Never mind, you can use your minds to talk to others of your kind. What is it called, oh mind link."

Talan dropped his hand and stepped back, whipping his head to look at his mother. "Well this will be easier than we thought." Was her polite reply with a big smile.

She walked toward the sofa and Talan followed. Assuming I was suppose to follow also I sat in the chair.

"Now dear, why don't we start with how you know about mind links and what did you mean by our 'kind'." The mother asked.

"I read a lot. I mean all the time and I came upon this book in the library last week that intrigued me. Werewolves, your kind, was the topic." I said matter of factly.

"I see, and what did this book say about werewolves," She continued.

"It listed traits like super strength, heightened senses and a few also said you have added intelligence but others diffuted that," I went on. "Also it listed the ranks or hierarchy of the packs."

Talan made to move closer to me but his mom stopped him, "anything else?"

I thought back," umm, well it did mention about shifting. Which sounds very painful I might add." All three laughed. "Your first shift is the most painful, after that they get easier and less painful," Talan smiled as he answered.

"Oh yeah, also I remember reading that it isn't until after your first shift that you can find your partner." I added congratulating myself for remembering that piece of info.

"They are called mates, and yes that part is correct." Mother stated.

"What do you mean 'that part'? Isn't it all accurate?" I asked confused.

Talan snickered but his mom answered again, "not many tales have any actual truth to them. Yes we have the heightened senses and strength but the humans seem to always make us sound bad. Mean and blood thirsty."

"I didn't get that from the book I read," I stated.

"They also make our lives sound horrific and barbaric," Talan added with a frown.

I noticed the girl was silent the whole time. She was fidgeting with her sleeve, " what about you? Do you think you are portrayed incorrectly?"

She glanced up quickly and whispered, " no one knows how we live. How things are ran in the pack. Alpha is nice and considerate. He doesn't lash out for no reason."

"She has a little crush on the alpha," Talan whispered and winked.

"I do not!" She yelled. The mom patted her arm, "Don't pay any attention to your brother."

Talan was smirking and nodding his head yes until his mom mentioned mates. "Back to mates. What did you learn about a mate?"

"Not much, there wasn't a lot of details about them."

"Talan would you like to explain what it feels like when you meet your mate?" His mom asked. His cheeks turned pink which caused his already handsome looks more appealing. Wait what? Handsome? I mean he is good looking but really brain. You woke up in bed next to this man. Good thing all my clothes were still on and nothing felt out of place. Well that is nothing except my neck. It was sore when I woke up and I never did think to check why. Unconsciously I reached up and touched the spot. It was indeed still sore but was something, like a scab or something on top of my skin. The mom and son shared a look when I did that.

I jumped up and went in search of a mirror. "The bathroom is the second door to the left." Was the moms calm statement.

I knew Talan was following me but I didn't care I had to know what was wrong. Reaching the mirror I pulled back my long hair and turned to get a look. Talan was behind me looking at me in the mirror. Meeting his eyes I couldn't seem to look away. "When you sense your mate a feeling of happiness overwhelms you. When you see them for the first time you feel complete and whole. After you mark them the protectiveness and possessiveness come out."

He moved my hair off my shoulder and traced the strange thing on my neck/ shoulder area. "It is beautiful, just like the bearer."

I shivered at his touch. He opened a drawer and pulled out something. Holding a small mirror behind me I finally saw what he was referring to. Not a scab, oh no! Little white dots formed a picture. What looked to be a replica of the tree that I noticed on the front door but also a small paw print under it.

I gasped, this is so detailed and small. Who put this here and how? Its not a tattoo.

"A mates mark shows all others that your are not available, that you are off limits. He kissed down my neck but stopped right above the 'mark'.

"So I am your mate correct?" I asked already knowing the truth.

"Yes you are," he smiled and winked. Smiling myself I thought to have some fun. "What happens if the marked doesn't want to be a mate. What happens if I just leave now." For some reason I knew I wouldn't be leaving this place or him. Something has a pull on me, giving  me feelings and thoughts about this hot guy that has claimed me as his.

His smile fell and he stepped back. "I would never force you to stay, I would never force you to be with me."

He turned and went back toward the room I awoke in. I so wanted to go after him but I also wanted another look at that mark. Angling then mirror to look again the sheer beauty of it was breathless. "It is stunning." The mother stated.

"Yes it is." I lowered the mirror and faced the mother. "So what would happen if  one of the mates chooses not to stay with the other? Are you always mated to a human? How would you have a baby? I mean would it be human or wolf?"

"My you are the curious one, aren't you," she chuckled leading me back to the living area.
"Let's start with this, no we are usually mated to another werewolf. Occasionally humans are picked as our mates. As for babies I assume as a human female." With my nod she continued. "The same as you normally would dear. See there is no difference in a human baby or a pup. Don't let the name fool you. It is a baby. A screaming, pooping,formula/ milk eating baby. As you know we don't get our wolf until our first shift so essentially our children Are the same as humans.
Some minor differences in our abilities but much the same."

"That makes since I guess. So are the pregnancies the same?" I asked.

"Why are getting  ideas already?" The mom winked and I turned red. "Maybe,"I shrugged, "we will see. How about the last question?"

"That one is harder to answer. You see if a mate is rejected the inner wolf dies a little. After all they are your other half  so if they aren't there then you are not complete. It's different in different situations. If the mates have not marked each other they will be in pain for some time but they will live through it.

If they have marked one another that's totally different. This rarely occurs since the understanding is if you have marked each other you already accept each other. But in the few rare occasions I have heard where the wolves either take over completely shoving the human part of the brain to the back and I have also heard a story where the males will think themselves failures as mates and unworthy so they either do something to get themselves killed or just give up and eventually die anyway."

"Really, mates are that important? Who matches mates with one another? What if there was a mistake?"

"Our goddess herself matches all mates before they are even born. At the time of birth the match is made and the The Moon 🌙 Goddess never makes a mistake. If you are mated then that's who you belong with."

"Mates are what make a pack special. Although we have alphas, betas and such mates help keep the pack populated and strong. Mates look out for each other and love each other unconditionally." The ever observant sister told me. "Why so many questions? Are you going to reject my brother?"

The mother scolded her daughter at the same time I answered, "of course not. I want to know all about the new world I am now a part of though. As you will learn I soak up new information like a sponge. I am always curious."

"That was uncalled for young lady. Apologize now to your brothers mate."

"Its okay. I would have asked the same question if I was in her place." I stood wanting to go find Talan. "Really it's okay. I will go see what's keeping Talan."

I could still hear the poor girl getting reprimanded as I walked toward the closed door. Knocking lightly I opened the door and peeked inside. Spotting Talan standing in front of the window gazing out I didn't think he heard me enter.

"I will make an excuse to the Alpha. Your phone is on the table by the bed. Take it and leave before he gets here." Still facing the window he didn't see my hurt expression at his dismissal.

"I'm not going to reject you if that's what your thinking. I know it would kill you even if I did. Why would you let me just walk away knowing it would cost you your wolf and your life."

He slowly turned to face me. I could see his eyes were red, from crying I think. "You did not choose this. I forced it on you. My wolf was so happy when we found you I got carried away and marked you without your permission. I will not force you to stay when you never wanted this to begin with."

I was now in front of him. I met his eyes, "It is my choice and I choose to stay. I might not have been born into this world but now that I am aware I would not leave you. Although I have no family in town I do have friends and a business. Which is why I need my phone. If I do not check in this evening the townsfolk are ready to storm the forest to find me. They will not stop until the forest is destroyed."

"Alpha needs to hear this. It is his decision, his laws that forbade it."

"Call him, there isn't much time left."
I pleaded. "I don't want to be the reason your home and lands are destroyed."

He chuckled, "This is just one of the checkpoints. There is one in each corner of the property. The boundary overseers stay here for two weeks and patrol the boundaries and then they switch with their relief."

"So where is the pack? In Draylist?"

"All will be answered soon. Alpha will be here in a few minutes, we better help mom make sure everything is in order."

Taking my hand and kissing the palm he winked. I finally felt at home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 117 22
what happens when you find out werewolves are real and also you are one of their mate?
1K 23 21
Lena is a normal girl, with a not so normal life. She had a family, a job, and a house. Then it all abandoned her. Then she was homeless, fired, and...
5.5K 187 10
For almost ten years, my wolf drags me to the same spot where we have met her. But she hadn't shown up there once. We both have lost our hopes that s...
61.4K 1.5K 44
My dream continued the one I'd been having for the past couple of nights. I ran, gasping for breath, through the familiar woods from a dark figure be...