I Won't Let Go [ BWWM...

By InkPrincessMarcia

Ethan is a Pastor and fire fighter Journee is a stripper and prostitute what does God have in store for... More

I Won't Let Go
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue Pt. 2
Spin Off

Chapter 38

5.2K 317 57
By InkPrincessMarcia

Surrender 2

**Journee**

“Where do you want to get something to eat at?” Curtis asked me finally breaking the silence between us. “It doesn’t matter” I say barely above a wisper.  “O’Charlie’s fine with you?” “Yeah it is.” We park and go inside and automatically all eyes fall on us.

“Hello, welcome to O’Charlie’s. How many?” The young hostess asks while looking at the side of my face. “Two please.” Curtis said. “Right this way” She lead us to a table somewhat in the middle and everyone was looking my face. “Excues me can we move some where more private please.” I asked. I was tired of the looks. “Yes, ma’am but a few people will still be around.” “That’s fine.” She leads us to another part. It was better but still the same. We took our seats and begin looking over the menu.

“Hello, my name is Corey and I will be waiter for today. What can I start y’all off to drink with?” “Yes, can I have Georgia peach tea and the raspberry tea.” “Journee why are you getting two different kinds of teas?” Georgia peach is alcoholic” “She will have those and I would like lemonade please.” “I’ll be back with you guy’s drink in a little bit.”

We were sitting in silence until Curtis spoke. “People are looking at you then give me a look.” “I have noticed. I have a big hand print on side of my face. My guess they think you beat me now your taking me out to eat to say sorry.” We both laughed but I grapped my face and winced in pain. “Are you ok” “Yes it just hurts.”

“Here are your drinks and sir this is your.” “I didn’t know it came with strawberries ontop of the drink.” “Yes, sir this drink does. Are y’all ready to order?” “I would like triple decker club and better chedder bacon burger” “For you sir?” “Catfish and fries and the pecan chicken salad.” “I will get these orders out to yall quick as possible.” “Can I have a refill on my Georgia peach tea?” “Yes, ma’am I will bring you another one.”

“Excuse me, I have to take this call?” I nodded my head and watched him head out the door. “Excuess me miss.” “Yes.” I looked up to see a black couple looking dead at me. “While he is gone, you can come with you we can get you away from his abuser.” “No thank you.” “Honey she is one of them bitches that like to be hit on.” The man told who I’m assuming is his wife. “I told you we should ask her nothing just leave her ass be with da abuser. I know these kinds” “You know these kinds.” The waiter came and brought my drink and left. “If you know so much then you would know I’m a prostitude. Then you would know some guy slapped me hard across the face twice. If you know everything you should know he is taking good care of me. Hes a firefighter hes not an abuser” I just looked at him. “What cat got your tounge?” He had a look on his face. “Is something wrong?” I heard Curtis ask. “Let’s go” He roughly grapped his wife hand and they walked away.

“What happened” “He thought you were a woman beater he got pissed when I corrected him. I dont think he liked that.” The waiter came bringing our food. I asked for another drink. He nodded and walked away. I looked at my food but I had loss my appetite. 

After I got my other drink and drunk it I was just sitting there just confused in my own head. “Lets just get our food to go?” “Thank you.” Curtis called the waiter over and asked for to go boxes. “Yes, can we have four take out boxes please.” “Yes sir.” “Oh, and may I have three georgia peach drinks to go please.” He smiled. “Yes ma’am.” “Those drinks must me good.” “Curtis, you have no idea.” When we got the boxes and my drinks we got everything together and then we left.

We got to my house Curtis wanted to make sure I go in safe and brought my food and two of my drinks in for me. “You can sit if you like.” I followed his eyes to the picture of me and Oliver. “that’s my son. He died.” “He was beautiful” “Thank you.” I sat beside Curtis who had a look on his face. “Whats wrong.” “Ethan only said you been through some things but I never knew you you had a son.” “Did he tell you about all my fuck ups and how im worthless and have nothing or nobody.” “You are none of those things and no he didn’t. It wasn’t for him to tell me.” “Ethan doesn’t understand shit he just constantly wants to fix me or save me. Hes so pefect nothing every goes wrong from him and he got all them girls lined up.” Curtis laughed a little.

“Sweetheart Ethan has his own demons. He puts on a good façade and most cant tell only those all around him. He battles them daily.” “Like what” “That is for me to say. It’s for him to tell you. I have to leave I got to go visit my parents.” “May I ask you something before you go” “Sure.” “What is it like to have friends.” I say in a low tone. “What do you mean.” “I don’t have any and probably never will.” “Well Ethan and I have been friends for so long I mean we were kids we spen and still do spend every day together. I can’t[IS1]  put into words how you need me to. They are special people in your life who will always be there for you. One who love you and see you for who you are.” “I will never know that feeling or have some one.” Curtis walked over to me. kissed my forehead. Of course, you do. You have me. Here let me give you something for face.” Curtis went and got me some ice for my face. “I’ll check on you tomorrow.” “Ok. Thank you.”   After Curtis left I laid down and was fast asleep.

*** Ethan ***

Sitting at luch with Amber my mind was soley on Journee. “Ethan, Ethan.” I am brought ou of my thoughts with Amber calling my name. “I’m sorry I have a lot on my mind.” “That woman the one who interrupted church.” “I don’t see what she did as an interruption.” “Why not she came running into Church in that short green dress and those heels. Look like some one on the streets.”

“Everyone is welcome in my church. God says, ‘Come as you are’ God will do the rest.” “I know that but it’s a time for it.” “When is the time? when it is to late. God’s time is not like ours.” “I know tgis Ethan but still.” “I have to go.” “I quickly left and went back to the church thinking about all that had happen.

Evening sevices was cut short. After talking to Curtis, I went to go get something to eat and ended up here. I knocked on the door waited then I knocked again. The door open to see Journee like she had just woke up.

“I brought you dinner.” “Thank you.” “Are you just now waking up?” “Yeah after Curtis left I went to sleep.” “Hows your face and why did you sleep in those heels.” After waiting long enough I walked into Journess house. “Curis told you were I lived at.” “That he did.” “Here is your food.” “I’m about to make something want to join me.” “I would enjoy tha very much. What are you going to make” “S’more waffles.” “Never had them.” “Well you are in for a treat.”

While Journee cooked, we talked about random things like why she still walking in them shoes. She finally went and took them off and got some slippers while she just put some waffle batter on the iron. She made it back quick. Then finished up cooking while we talked more about more random things.

“Finally, all done.” She got us plates sat then on the table. “What do you want to drink?” “Tea is fine.” “that reminds me I need to finish my Georgia peach tea.” “That sounds good.” “You have no idea.” 

I said grace and we ate. “This is really good.” “Glad you like them.” We ate in silence and Journee looked like she had something on her mind. She kept looking at me strange. “Since you cooked for us how about I do the dishes.” “You don’t have to Ethan.” “I insist.” “I’ll take a shower while you do that.” When we finshed Journee went, and took a shower and I did the dishes. When she finished, I was finishing up. 

“Let’s find something to watch.” “Like what.” “I got Psych some where. I stared binge watching.” I found it and we watched but something wasn’t sitting right with me. “What do you want to ask me?” “What makes you think I want to ask you something” “You body language says it all.”

“What are your demons?” I was not expecting that atleast not from Journee. “You really want to know?” “yes, I do?” “I killed two people.” I watch her reacton change so fast. I knew it was time to tell her.

“One night Curtis and I went out it was a party and we were both drunk. I drove home I hit a car it went in a circle came back hit my car then mine it that car again it flipped one person go out asked for help. Curtis was out cold. Before I knew it, the car burst into flames. I ran and tried to get in the car and get them out but it was to late. Sad thing is my parents covered it up. I mean they paid because of their name but never knew how I was. I went out drinking again passed out some where and the next morning I had a bottle and half left. I went someones back yard I honestly don’t know what happened but house started smoking. I didn’t know what it was and I took two more drinks and heard moans like or cries. I got up saw that the house was on fire. I ran inside found an elderly man. I got him out and later fire men and paramedics came. In that moment, I knew I had to change. God sure does have a way of making you see things. I remember telling Curtis it was like I was trapped in hell but God. Then of course Curtis and mine grandparents died by fire and we both knew this is what we wanted to do. I haven’t drunk since but I wake up knowing I destroyed a family. I wake up seeing them in flames knowing I’m the one to blame.”

Journee walked over to me and hugged me tight. “Journee, I didn’t mean to. Even now it still gets to me.”  She let me go. “I didn’t realize it was so late.” “Ethan, can you stay with me just until I fall asleep.” “Sure.” I watched her get into bed and lay down. “Enjoyed you singing in church. You were singing to God and he will change you Journee just like he did for me.” She smilled and slowly went to sleep. I watched her as she slept and I heard it in a voice that could only be.  I kissed her cheek turned and looked her before I left.

“Thank you, God. I now know she is.”

Comment:

Vote:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 6.1K 20
Hunter is a very successful and wealthy man that is enjoying his life as a well known bachelor. He is known of having very beautiful elegant woman at...
11.3K 330 12
Read and find out🥰! PSA: This book has mature content, foul language, drugs &' alcohol ,use of drugs &' alcohol , sexual reads, death and so much mo...
1M 66.1K 45
Arinze is an ER nurse with a chip on her shoulder, Mahdi is a sweet firefighter with a heart of gold. Read to find out what happens when these opposi...
1.1K 150 28
Faith is hard. It's what Richelle and Sadie Cleveland have been learning, ever since they lost thier sister to cancer. But their faith is put to the...