Short Scary Stories

By Thea47493

Short scary stories for kids, teens and adults to tell in the dark. Read true ghost stories, real urban legen... More

Tick Tock
Alone in the House
The Cell Phone
The Rocking Horse
The Photograph
He's Smiling At Us
Hunger Games
The Baby Doll
Focus

Falling

301 14 1
By Thea47493

     We've all felt it. You're up late. Working, studying, watching a movie, reading on the computer. Doesn't matter what you're doing, it's the feeling you get. You're tired, your eyes burn and have the gritty feeling you get after not sleeping for a while.

     Ok you can't go crawl into bed right now, but close your eyes for a couple minutes? Try to get a little moisture back into your eyes. That couldn't hurt anything right? Then you're falling. Like stepping off a cliff, you're in free fall, though your body isn't even moving.

     Then like a bungee cord snapping back, you're jerking awake, heart thumping a little faster, blinking quickly wondering what just happened.

     Doctors call it a hypnagogic jerk, a natural reaction they say, to your brain thinking you're dying, when your breathing and heartrate slow as you fall asleep.

     What the doctors don't know is, your brain is right. Every time you let your self nod off, every time you feel that 'falling' sensation . . . you're not falling.

     You're being pulled down.

     And one day . . . your brain won't be able to pull you back up.

     They will have you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 438 32
The road home is gone, the path ahead is all that remains. The Godslayer returns, finally free of the scheming of gods and men. Unchained, unleashed...
349K 12.5K 50
{Natsu x Reader || Sequel of 'Sorrows of Yesterday'} Why is it so dark in here without you? Please give me your hand before I fall, fall. Will you st...