Almost Is Never Enough // Bed...

By MrsBreannaHoran030

When you love someone you will defend them through everything. You will risk your self - your life for that c... More

Almost Is Never Enough // Beddy Spin-Off
/1/
/2/
/3/
/4/
/5/
/6/
/7/
/8/
NOT A CHAPTER!!!
/9/
/10/
/FAQ/
/11/
/12/
/13/
/14/
/16/
/17/
/18/
/19/
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
/30/
very impt. a/n
/31/
/32 - Part I/
/32 - Part II/
/33/
/34/
/35/
/36/
/37/
/38/
/39/
40
epilogue
an;
spin-off ideas???
But guys...
Pressure
HSS ReWrite

/15/

597 13 14
By MrsBreannaHoran030

This chapter is dedicated to a boy who never grew up. My best mate, my brother, and my 'Secret Agent', Marc. You were a great kid, and I guess the good just die young sometimes.

Rest In Peace.

1998-2014 (15 years old) 

JessieTommo .x and xBreHoran

__________________________________________

/15/

/Madeline's POV/

I sat in one of the hospital chairs, Aliby huddled into a little ball in my lap. It was extremely quite as we sat outside of Edward's hospital door. Aliby basically cried herself to sleep and it was just so sad, watching a four year old cry.

I'm not around kids a lot, so meeting Edward's daughter made me more nervous then actually meeting Edward. Kids seem to just despise me, but I took me by surprise when Aliby showed no hate towards me.

We didn't know what happened to Edward earlier, though. I was coming towards him with his sister, Joey, and Aliby when he just started fainted. I was so confused because I thought he was perfectly fine, but he just collapsed out of nowhere. I really hope he's okay because I really like him. I thought he would've been one of those egotistical, stuck-up, snotty celebrities, but I was way off. Edward has to be the sweetest lad I've ever met. It'd be a shame if something serious had to have happened to him.

“Who is here for Edward Styles?” The doctor asked.

“We all are.” Said Yazmin.

“We need family of Edward Styles.” he said, a slight annoyance in his voice. I nearly rolled my eyes. Isn't this your job? Don't roll your eyes.

Joey and Britney got up and made their way to the doctor. I didn't know Britney was related to Edward. Hmm.

The doctor talked to them in a hushed voice. They just seemed to nod the whole time. Aliby started to stir in my lap and when I looked down at her, she was already smiling up at me. I sent it back and her's grew larger.

“Daddy really likes you and I'm glad because I really like you too.” she suddenly says, taking me by surprise. “Do you like my daddy too?”

I blushed at the question, “yeah. Your daddy is really sweet.”

“Hmm, he said that about you.” I just blushed and she cuddle into me again. “Thank you, Madeline.”

“For what?” I asked.

“Coming in to daddy's life. He needed someone like you.”

/Edward's POV/

“Fuck!” I yelled once the stupid heart monitor started to beep faster. When I opened my eye a mere five minutes ago, I was coughing terribly so the heart monitor started to speed up and it made my headache grow more. The door opened and in came Joey and Britney. I sent them a smile, but then it fell once the doctor walked back in.

“Mr Styles, I have to say you gave everyone quiet a scare.” he said while chuckling, making me laugh a little. Britney sat beside me in the hospital chair and Joey stood beside me, instantly her hands started to rake through my hair. “Now Mr Styles, the only problem is you are dehydrated. Have you been drinking enough water lately?”

“I don't believe so, sir.” I said truthfully.

“Well, you need water to survive, Mr Styles. You don't need any type of prescription, but you do need to drink more water. I recommend Tylenol or Advil for the headache you most likely have. You will be able to leave tomorrow at eight in the morning. I believe Miss Styles beside you will discharge you.” he said looking over paperwork.

I just nodded. “Thank you doctor.”

“No problem, your family can come in when ever they please.” he said. “Have a nice day and get well soon.” I just sent him a nod as he left the room, Britney following to tell the others to come in.

I turned to Jo and grabbed her free hand. “Beau told me what happened? Why didn't you say yes?”

“I'll tell you once we get home.” She said, not meeting my gaze.

“Why can't you tell me now?” I tested.

“It's the wrong time.” she said, I decided to just let it go.

“Alright. Just know you're my little sister, and I love you alright?”

“I know,” she smiled, “thank you, and I love you, too.”

The door opened and Madeline was the only one to walk in. Joey sent me a smile before using the stupid excuse 'I need to use the loo' before scurrying out the door, closing it behind her.

“Edward, you scared me.” she said, taking a seat in the chair beside the bed.

“I'm sorry.” I said.

She giggled, “you're the one that got hurt and you're telling me sorry?” I blushed and she stood closer, placing her hand on my cheek making me close my eyes at how warming her touch was, “you are too sweet. Too sweet for your own good.” she said after a while.

“I'm sorry.”

She giggled. “I know.”

“Thank you for, for just refreshing my life.” I said suddenly.

“Refreshing?” she asked.

“Everything was so bad and so hard and so confusing, but then you came along. It's only been a day and you've already made me the happiest man on the planet.” I said, she blushed. “Thank you for giving me the chance.”

She just leaned down and kissed me and in the moment, I wanted nothing else.

 /Blair's POV/

I looker down at the text and sighed before downing another shot and replying.

Jo Styles : Where the hell are you?!

At a bar.

I clicked my phone off and asked the bar tender to keep 'em comin'. He nods and leaves five extra glasses in front of me. I shouldn't be drinking. I could cause so much damage. . .

"Rough night?" The bar tender asked.

"More like rough life."

"Care to explain?"

"I really love him. I really, really do. And our daughter. She is must the cutest little girl." I showed him a picture on my phone and he sent me a nod, smiling. "I tried my best to be enough for them but I'm not. They are too perfect, too smart, and too much for me to handle. They both deserve better. He deserves a better wife and she deserves a better mum."

"Why didn't you at least talk to him about this?"

"Because he'd say I'm stupid, hug me, kiss me, and by me some fucking roses and chocolate because he's that fucking perfect." I said hitting another shot.

"What did you do?"

"I lied. I told him I cheated on him for a while. I made it seem like I was, staying out late, coming home at three in the morning. That's how I started."

"That isn't such a good idea." He said.

"It's good enough."

/Madeline's POV/

The doctor wanted someone to stay over night and watch Edward so the nurses wont have to check up on him every ten minutes, and I wad picked. I didn't complain though, I'd love to stay with Edward. Aliby couldn't stay, though. They said she's too young so Joey agreed to take her back to the hotel.

I looked at the clock on the wall, using the street lap outside and saw that it was 1.19 in the morning. I couldn't sleep. This couch is way too uncomfortable and plus I was nervous. I'm going to a red carpet event tomorrow, in front of millions of people, around famous people, and lots of cameras. My stomach is going queasy just thinking about it.

"Madeline?"

"Mhm?"

"Are you awake?"

"Mhm?"

I heard him shift on the,making me turn to him.

He stared back at me and sent a small smile. “You look very uncomfortable.”

“Well, hospital couches aren't exactly my thing.” I replied. We both let out quiet chuckled and he moved over on the bed.

“C'mon.”

“Oh no. I couldn -”

“Get up here, Madeline before I unplug this machine and come get you myself.” he threatened.

“Alright, alright.” I said before crawling onto the tiny bed with him. He pulled the thin sheet over us and I kissed his cheek. “Thank you.”

“Mhmm.” he hummed. We sat in silence until he broke it again, “have I ever told you how beautiful you are to me.”I felt my face heat up and I nearly choked on air. “Sometimes you just can't explain what you see in a person. It's just the way they take you to a place no one else can.”

I smiled and decided to respond, “I like Legos, you like Legos. I'm bad at poems. Kiss me.”

He laughed loudly at my stupid little bunch of words that don't even compare to his, and I laughed at how cute he looked with moon lite green eyes and dimples dug into his cheeks.

“That is, hands down, the best poem I've ever heard in my entire life.” he said. I smiled. “And I'd be glad to kiss you.”

And then his warm lips pressed against mine and I wasn't so nervous anymore.

+++

The next morning I was up before Edward so I changed and washed on the loo. I put on some black skinny jeans that look like spandex, a sheer white button down, a black tank top under that, and a pair of heels. I looked around for my contacts but I couldn't find them.

“Oh God, I left them at home.” I muttered to myself. Now I have to wear these dorky glasses. . . sigh.

I placed them on my face and sighed before leaving the loo. Edward was sitting up on the bed and I sent his a smile. He sent a toothy one back making me laugh.

“Your glasses look so cool.” he said. I thought they were lame.

“Thanks.”

I walked over to him and placed his clothes on his lap and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I just giggled and he peppered kisses around my face. There was a knock on the door and in came Joey and Aliby.

“Daddy!” she yelled hopping on the bed, crawling over to her father. I smiled at the cute embrace they shared.

“Hey Edward, I discharged you. Get ready so we can go.” Joey said.

When we were in the car, Edward was driving with one hand, the other holding a water bottle, I couldn't stop staring at him. He's so photogenic and angelic. He looked at me out the corner of his eyes and winked at me. I laughed with a blush.

Edward had to drive the van back to the venue so he can go over things for tonight. He's the only one of us that can drive in the US.

“Hey, that's my song.” he said turning up the radio. “I didn't think it'd be on the radio so soon.”

“You wrote this Edward?” Whitney asked.

“With my mates in 5 Seconds of Summer. Legends, I tell you.” he said. He started to sing along to the song.

“Don't talk, let me think it over.

How we gonna fix this?

How we gonna undo all the pain?

Tell me, is it even worth it?

Looking for a straight line,

Taking back the time we can't replace.”

This song must be about Blair, I thought to myself.

“All the crossed wires,

Just making us tired.

Is it too late to bring us back to life?

When I close my eyes and try to sleep

I fall apart, I find it hard to breathe

You're the reason, the only reason.

Even though my dizzy head is numb,

I swear my heart is never giving up,

You're the reason, the only reason.”

I glanced in the rear view mirror and everyone had focused expressions on their faces. When my eyes locked with Blair's, she sent me a scowl. Rude.

“I feel you burning under my skin,

I swear I see you shining

Brighter than the flame inside your eyes.

Bitter words spoken,

Everything broken,

It's never too late to bring us back to life.

When I close my eyes and try to sleep

I fall apart, I find it hard to breathe

You're the reason, the only reason.

Even though my dizzy head is numb,

I swear my heart is never giving up.

You're the reason, the only reason.”

This song is so sad. I can't even imagine how Edward feels. Blair must've really hurt him. I just want to cuddle him and tell him its okay.

“Oh, oh, oh, only reason, the only reason.

Oh, oh, oh, only reason, the only reason.

Don't talk, let me think it over.

How we gonna fix this?

How we gonna undo all the pain?

When I close my eyes and try to sleep

I fall apart, I find it hard to breathe,

You're the reason, the only reason.

Even though my dizzy head is numb,

I swear my heart is never giving up

You're the reason, the only reason.

When I close my eyes and try to sleep

I fall apart, I find it hard to breathe,

You're the reason, the only reason.

Even though my dizzy head is numb,

I swear my heart is never giving up,

You're the reason, the only reason .”

When the song finished the host started to talk. “That was Ed Styles featuring 5 Seconds of Summer, The Only Reason. It was just released last night and it has already reached top of the charts in thirty-seven countries. Wow.”

“I love it. I bought it when it came out.” the female host said.

“Yeah? My daughter is infatuated with Ed Styles. It's insane, he's all over our house. Posters, shirts, perfume, even stickers. It's crazy.”

“Thirty-seven countries. Wow.” Edward said.

“Congratulations.” I said. He smiled at me.

“Thanks.”

______________________________________________

The song is The Only Reason by 5 Seconds Of Summer. If it doesn't show up in the side bar, use the external link. Madeline on the side. Sorry about spacing, idek what's going on but I could care less right now, to be honest. 

xBreHoran and JessieTommo .x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.3K 42
Some of us just need to find our other halves. Others need to find ourselves.
11.9K 501 32
What do you do when the industry you love hates you? How can you stay true to yourself when judgement is ringing in every direction? Can love come ou...
313 2 13
Sometimes your feelings change towards a special someone... Maybe that special someone is somebody you use to hate, but because of a prank, it all ch...
77.4K 3.4K 22
Zayn Malik couldn't take it anymore. The stress, the tour, the expectations set for him by everyone but mostly he couldn't take the pretending. Nial...