A Cry Out To Jesus (The Exten...

By tagny11

All Amelia ever wanted was to have a normal life. To have her parents married forever, her big brother there... More

A Cry Out To Jesus
The Day My Life Fell Apart
The 'High' Hike
Andy's Decision
Kelly's Call
You Can't Leave
Goodbye Kelly
Kelly's Moving Where?
Confession Time
The ER Waiting Room
I'll See You In Heaven, Dad
The Funeral
The Will
Youth Group Overnighter
The Day I Almost Died
You Came Back!
Shocking News
The Trip Home
So You're Dylan
Paint War and Youth Group
Telling My Story
Meeting Family And A Scary Situation
Another Trip To The ER
Sleepless In Dylan's House
Best Day Ever
Dylan's Point Of View
The Breakup
Dylan's Point Of View 2: To The Hospital We Go
Dylan's Point of View 3: Confessing Feelings
Dylan's Point Of View 4: Sunday School
Dylan's Point Of View 5: Nursery Duty
So Many Visitors
Early Morning
I Bought A House, Just Not For Me
Ben Sitting
Wrap-up For The Past Six Months
Andy's A Single Parent
Author's Note

Dylan's Point Of View 6: Look Who Finally Decided To Wake Up

305 19 2
By tagny11

When we get to Amelia's room, Jack and Andy are talking to each other, both staring in Amelia's direction.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Jack asks.

"Nothing much. I hope you don't mind that I brought along Miranda and Danny. They heard about Amelia and wanted to come say hi, even if she can't say it back." I say.

"That is sweet of you. So how is your family doing this week?" Jack says.

"Never better." Miranda says with a forced smile on her face. I nudge her to get her to tell Jack what she told me earlier, but she looked to Danny. I understand that Danny doesn't know, so I won't push the issue. During our silent talk, Andy was giving me a weird look and I respond with a look that says 'I'll tell you later.'

"So there hasn't been a change in Am's condition yet?" Kelly asks.

"Not yet, but now would be a good time for it." Andy says.

"What did you guys think about Jeff and Amy?" Jack asks.

"Who?" Danny asks.

"The new youth pastor and his wife that are going to be helping Jack. He was at Nick's today and they didn't make it to Sunday school." Miranda says. "I think they're great. They told us all about themselves. Amy even offered to help with babysitting my siblings. She will be a great blessing to this community, I'm sure of it."

"Jeff and Amy have already been a blessing to me and they just got here yesterday." Jack says. "Scotty and the twins are stopping by her soon. They were going home to grab a few things for Andy before coming here. So what did you think if Sunday school this morning Kelly?"

"It was fun, cozy too. Is it normally that small?"

"Most of the time it's just those of us that were there and Danny here." Miranda says, placing a hand on Danny's shoulder. "Jack and Andy are there too, normally."

"I think I'm going to enjoy this youth group much better than any I attended in New York."

"Why do you say that?"

"My old youth groups back in New York were too cliquish. I was sort of the odd one out most of the time."

"What about your friends that you told me about?" Andy asks.

"My friends all hung out with their boyfriends, leaving me all alone, since my ex wouldn't come to youth group with me."

"Then why did you go out with him in the first place if he wasn't a believer?"

"I thought I could change his mind. As you know, I couldn't."

"That's too bad for him because he's missing out on a great girl."

"I'm not that great."

"Yeah you are."

"No, not really. My life is a little....well.... messy."

"Come here and tell Andy all about you're problems." Kelly walks over to Andy and whispers something into his ear.

"What!" Andy yells and Kelly whispers something else in his ear, calming him a bit, but not much.

"I told you I'm not that great." Kelly says aloud.

"It wasn't you're fault that jerk did that to you."

"I know it isn't my fault, but I'm the one who has to take care of his baby."

"What baby? Kelly, you aren't, you know, are you?" Jack asks.

"Yeah, but it's not like I chose to be. I had no choice at all." Kelly starts crying.

"I'm really confused. Can someone tell me what's wrong?" I say. Danny looks as confused as I feel right now.

"She's pregnant. Obviously not because of anything  she did. How far along are you." Miranda says.

"Pushing 3 months now. I knew I wasn't going to be able to keep it a secret for long. I already have a slight bump."

"When you say you didn't have a choice, do you mean you were raped?" I ask.

"Yeah. I was walking home from my friend’s house, because she only lived a few blocks from my place, and it was dark out. I was stupid for walking by myself, but I thought I could get home without any trouble. Well obviously that didn't happen. Some jerk kidnapped me and raped me, then left me outside of the police station. God worked it out perfectly. One of the cops that I had befriended was just coming out of the station when the jerk was dropping me off. My friend caught the jerk and I pressed charges against him. Now he's in prison and I'm carrying his baby."

"It's your baby too, never forget that." Andy says, gently rubbing Kelly's back.

"I just don't know what I'm going to do. I will be a single parent without my parents around to help me out."

"You'll have all of us." Miranda says. " I practically raised my siblings. I could help you out quite a bit. As long as my mom doesn't have any other kids, then I could give you some baby clothes if you need them."

"Thanks Miranda. I appreciate the help."

"You'll have Jeff and Amy too." Jack says. "We might be a little rusty in the baby department but we'll do anything we can to help."

"You guys are great friends. I knew I made the right decision in moving here."

"When are you going to tell the Jacksons and Jeff and Amy?" Andy asks.

"The next time I see them. I just couldn't bring myself to tell them just yet."

"What are you going to name your baby?" I ask.

"I'm thinking Lucas if it's a boy or Gwenn if it's a girl. I would use the name Jared, but I think Am should have the right to that name first."

"I like the names Lucas and Gwenn. Much better than what I would have picked."

"What would you have picked?"

"Rachel or Emily for a girl and Ian or Trevor for a boy."

"Those aren't bad names. I almost like the name Emily better." Kelly says.

"Andy can we talk for a minute out in the hall?" I ask and Andy follows me. "You should just ask her out now. Obviously she needs someone to be there for her and a daddy for her baby.'"

"I just don't want to move too quickly into a relationship."

"It's not like you just met her or anything. You've known her your whole life."

"She's changed. She's more mature. She would never want to be with a guy like me."

"What happened to the Andy I talked to just yesterday? He was all for asking Kelly out."

"What if she says no? What if she doesn't love me like that?"

"You will never know unless you ask. Now should I go get her out here to talk to you or are you going to get her out here yourself?"

"I know you're right. I should talk to her."

"Good for you. Let me know what she says." Andy and I walk back into the room and Andy and Kelly step into the hall.

We all sit, or in my case stand, in Amelia's room awkwardly while Andy and Kelly talk. After what seems like hours they come in, holding hands. Andy winked at me, letting me know that all went well.

"What were two talking about out in the hall? You're much happier looking than when you went out there." Jack says.

"Nothing much. Andy just asked me out on a date." Kelly says.

"That's great news. I'll text Tricia and Hailey to let them know that you are now officially off limits." Miranda says.

"What about me? Aren't I off limits too?" I ask.

"You aren't dating anyone at this very second, so you are so not off limits."

"You mean for Patricia and Hailey right?"

"Of course silly. No one else could ever like you like that."

"Was that a compliment?"

"When do I ever compliment you?"

"That tears it. You are going down."

Andy clears his throat, Miranda and I freeze. "When did this happen? I thought that you liked him Miranda and you could barely tolerate her Dylan."

"We came to an understanding this morning. Our relationship is that of a brother and sister, nothing else."

"Wow did I miss a bunch this morning."

"You're right there with him Andy. I wouldn't mind calling you my brother either."

"Technically we are all brothers and sisters." Danny says. "In Christ."

"Get over here squirt." Miranda says to Danny. "You too Jack. I think we could all use a family hug." We all huddle together and give each other a family hug.

"Can I get in on the hug too?" A very gentle voice, barely loud enough to hear, says.

A chorus of "Meli!", "Am!", and "Amelia!" fills the room as we untangle from our hug. Everyone crowds around her bed, well everyone except me. I stay back from the bed and take a seat in one of the chairs in the corner. I am still scared that she hates me.

"We were so worried about you?" Andy says.

"Look he really does care." Amelia says.

"Just until you get out of here, then I can get back to not caring anymore."

"Andy can't you give the rest of us time to say a few things?" Kelly says.

"Kelly! When?...Why?... What are you doing here?" Amelia's asks, shocked to see Kelly here.

"I'll explain everything later. So how are you feeling?"

"Tired."

"How can you be tired? You've been asleep for two days." Andy asks.

"I was out that long? What happened to me? The last thing I remember is hearing Dylan tell his parents something about me. Wait, where is Dylan? I need to talk to him."

I stand up, take a deep breath, and walk towards Amelia's bed. "I'm right here Amelia."

"Dylan! I need to apologize to you. I did-"

I cut her off by giving her a hug. "I'm the one who should apologize. The whole fight was my fault."

"No it was my fault. I'm the one that got mad at you."

"You wouldn't have gotten mad at me if I would have explained myself better."

"We know, you are both to blame. Now I want my hug." Andy says.

Amelia gives everyone a hug. "Aren't you going to say something to me Dad?"

"You can talk!" Jack says, like it's a miracle that happened.

"What are you talking about?" Amelia asks.

"You couldn't talk before and now you can. It's a miracle."

"I kind of forgot about that." Sometime while we were talking, Danny let a nurse know that Amelia's woke up.

"Sorry guys, but I'm afraid I need to send you out while the doctor gives Amelia a checkup." The nurse says. We all walk out and go into the floor's waiting room. After a short while the doctor comes out to see us.

"Is she going to be fine Doc?" Jack asks.

"I'm afraid I have some good news and some bad news. Which would you rather hear first?"

"The good news." We all say in unison.

"Amelia's going to be fine. There wasn't any serious damage taken. Plus she can talk now as I'm sure you are all aware of."

"What's the bad news?" Andy asks.

"I'm afraid Amelia has been paralyzed from the waist down."

"The other day she couldn't walk, but now are you telling me that my daughter can't even move her legs?"

"I'm afraid so. I didn't tell her, I figure it would be better coming from a friend than from a stranger."

"Thank you doctor. So can we go see her now?" Jack says.

"Of course, of course." Everyone heads back to Amelia's room. I stay back for a minute to call and let my parents know that Amelia woke up and I ask them to let the others know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
374 0 17
Amelia and Noah have been best friends since they were 5. Now they are seniors in highschool, both 17, and hang out all of the time... but when Noah...
511K 8.4K 40
*ddlg story* Amelia was a normal adult, living a normal adult life; going to work, paying bills, grocery shopping. She lived a simple life, but she w...
399 14 36
******COMPLETED****** but don't read. Horrible story and plot line. Needs major editing and a possible scrap. 😂😂😂 School is hard enough. You have...