Taking Back The World! (A Pac...

By TrickyNici

The Becket brother's have always considered, the tell-it-like-it-is beauty, Lila Yale apart of their family... More

Lieutenant Lila Yale, reporting
Gypsy Danger's Fall
15 Months of waiting, Sydney Shatterdomes and Hansens
Bloody Noses
Prolonged Stays, Becoming Friends and Nervous Breakdowns
It's ok to move on, Lila...
....The Drift
Tests and Begging
The Long Lost and Ever Handsome...
Discoveries and Little Heartbreaks
Working and Dealing.. Again..
Hand Cramp of the Century
Jury's back from Diliberation
Drift Compatibilty
Memories and Kisses <3
AUTHOR'S NOTE!
Jaeger Deployment and Hibuck
Your Glory Ranger's Pilot?
Down the RABBIT hole and into the Fire
Words unspoken during a Double Event
Keep Calm and Love a Jaeger Pilot <3
Be Prepared For War
Cancelling the Apocolypse!
The Fall of a Titan
TAKING BACK THE WORLD!!
The Beginnings of the rest of our lives ❤ With the promised Teaser! ;p

Cherno Alpha, Crimson Typhoon and Glory Ranger

6.1K 159 20
By TrickyNici

Ok, so I bawled writing this chapter! So heartwrenching this was! I hope you guys enjoy it! Let me know what you think in the comments below, and be sure to vote too :3 Thanksies to the great people that comment and voted on all my previous chapters!!! :D

DISCLAIMER: I only own Lieutenant Lila Yale and my own twist on the Del Toro movie. ENJOY!!!

    “Where are they at?” I asked, antsy.

    It had been several minutes since we took our positions and still nothing was emerging. Nothing on our radars, nothing from the choppers, just nothing.

    “Heading full speed towards Cherno and Crimson. Just hold your position, Lila.” Raleigh said suddenly, sounding a little edgy.

    “Got it.”

    “Keep your eyes open. There closing in.” I spoke over a different channel to the other two crews.

    They barked back their confirms and we played the waiting game some more.

    “Cherno Alpha, Crimson Typhoon, Glory Ranger, these Category 4‘s are the largest we‘ve ever seen, in both weight and size.” Pentecost said over the speaker and I felt my stomach drop.

    In that instant, I was flooded with comfort and support. I had to remember that I wasn’t doing this alone. Not only did I have the other two crews in front of me, I had my Jaeger. I looked to my left, laughing slightly at the dangling hook up that another pilot should be at.

    I imagined a beautiful girl there, long hair pinned up in the helmet with a determined grin on her face, eye blazing with determination. I felt that support from Glory rush through me again and I took a deep breath, keeping my attention on the battle about to ensue.

    “Cherno Alpha has the Miracle Mile.” Sasha said over the general comms.

    “Crimson Typhoon has the Mile as well, sir.” One of the Wei triplets repeated.

    “Glory Ranger is still holding the port, sir. Still no-” I put my two sense in when all the sudden, everything stopped.

    There close I felt that silky voice go through me again and I activated my Sting Blades, shaking them out with a flick of my wrists.

    “Keep on your toes. There here!” I shouted to the other two pilots.

    “Movement on the right!” Crimson Typhoon shifted to their right side, it’s head scanning slowly. It turned to look the other way and I felt my stomach drop.

    “No, Crimson, It‘s right there!” I said through the comm to the Chinese Pod.

    Suddenly, the Kaiju emerged from the water, letting out a shrill scream and whipping it’s body around, connecting it’s tail with Crimson’s chest and sending the Jaeger flying.

    “Wei’s!” I made a move to go to their aid and was met with a gruff command.

    “Hold that harbor, Glory Ranger.” My fists tightened and my Jaeger shared my anger and fear.

    We watched as Crimson Typhoon took on the strangely agile Kaiju, codenamed Otachi. It’s whole body was muscular and sleek for walking on all fours, deadly in every way. The Wei’s used their Thundercloud formation and started hacking away at the Kaiju when Otachi reached out a clawed hand, crushing one of the three spinning blades.

    “Raleigh, is this what you meant?” I asked after switching Comms back to his headset.

    “Yes.” He said simply.

    Just as he answered, Crimson flew over top of Otachi, spinning it’s torso around in midair and landing on the ground behind it. The Jaeger then pulled Otachi over it’s head and threw it into the water several hundred feet away.

    “Glory Ranger, ready to engage-” I was cut short again by Pentecost’s tense voice.

    “You are to not move, Glory Ranger.”

    “Cherno Alpha, engaging Otachi Kaiju.” Cherno came down on the unsuspecting Otachi hard with it’s elbow, getting it in the face with it’s Tesla fists.

    I watched in anger as Cherno was hit with the tail, being thrust away from Otachi. As Cherno Alpha was recovering, Otachi turned it’s attention back to the Wei’s, who were ready to fight again. Instantly, the beast threw out it’s tail and connected with the Pod, hitting it hard.

    There done for My stomach dropped and I watched in slow motion horror as the tail’s end opened up into deadly vise grip claws and clamped down on Crimson Typhoon’s Pod.

    “No!” I screamed in anguish as the pod was crushed and thrown from the Kaiju’s tail like a discarded toy. The Jaeger itself went out of control and just sunk into the water.

    “Glory Ranger, engaging Kaiju.” I growled angrily, already moving from my position without awaiting orders.

    “No, Ranger, hold your post!” Pentecost sounded desperate but I didn’t care. I wasn’t about to stand back and watch something happen to Cherno.

    “Like hell!” I cut off communication with the LOCCENT, keeping the channel for Raleigh and I and then the one of the Russians.

    “Let‘s get this bastard.” I heard Aleksis say as Cherno started pumping their fists, getting fired up.

    Acid As I raced to help Cherno, I saw the Kaiju start to grow a pouch under it’s mouth, like a frog with it ribbits.

    “Cherno, jump to the right!” I ordered and the heavy Jaeger flung itself to the right just in time to miss the acid spit that flew from the Kaiju’s mouth. It landed in the water, causing sizzles and acidic bubbles to emerge when the acid came in contact with the fish.

    I wasn’t far from the Kaiju and it watched as I launched myself into the air, fist raised high, deadly blade out and ready to deal damage.

    “I got him!” I felt the blade sink into it’s back and another pain filled scream came from the Kaiju.

    I gripped one of it’s horns on the from of it’s head and picked it up, throwing it from the both of us. It flailed in the air before crashing into the water.

    The other one is behind Cherno I reared around to face Cherno and shook out my shoulders, ready for another assault.

    “Behind you, Alpha!”

    The even larger Kaiju emerged from the water. It was like an aquatic gorilla and it flung itself at us. Cherno met it head on with a Tesla fist straight in the face, sending the beast right back into the water.

    “Now that‘s what I‘m talking about!” I cheering, feeling adrenaline pump through me.

    “Miss. Yale!” I felt myself being shoved and I landed hard in the water. When I looked up at the Jaeger that had pushed me, I saw it’s arms flailing about and a glowing blue hole in the middle.

    They had shoved me out of the way of Otachi’s acid spit. I felt guilt eat at my stomach as I rose back to my feet, going to their aid.

    “No!” Otachi came back at Cherno, latching onto one of their fists and crushing it with their teeth.

    “Hull has been compromised!” I heard Aleksis shout as they used their other fists and started hammering hard on the Kaiju’s head.

    “Get off them!” I tried ripping the Kaiju’s mouth open but it wouldn’t budge.

    Finally I got the Kaiju off Cherno and the Jaeger took a shaky step back. I held the beast by it’s jaw as I watched Cherno try to right itself.

    The other Kaiju, Leatherback, reemerged from the water and grabbed Cherno’s shoulders, sinking the Jaeger into the water. I threw Otachi away from me and went straight for Leatherback, who was putting all it’s weight on Cherno Alpha

    “Water has reached the reactor!” Sasha shouted out, still fighting as it was shoved deeper and deeper into the water.

    “Get off that Jaeger you oversized piece of shit!” I stopped punching and shoved both of my blades into Leatherback’s back, making the Kaiju scream but not get off the Jaeger.

    “Miss. Lila Yale, its has been an honor riding with a pilot as special as you. You are a star.” I felt hot tears flood down my cheeks at the same time searing pain shot through my right shoulder as Otachi grabbed a hold of me, trying to tear me to pieces as I tried to save the Russians.

    “No- Aleksis!” I sobbed, clenching my teeth at the pain that was now through my whole body. Otachi was using it’s claws and tail to tear my back to shreds and I felt every single attack that came.

    “Kill this son of a-” The Comm suddenly cut short when Leatherback grabbed a hold of the Pod in the middle of Cherno’s chest, twisting it roughly and instantly killing the pilots in a fiery blaze of an exploding reactor.

    “No!” I roared, pushing past my pain and gaining strength I didn’t know I had as I picked up the heaviest Kaiju in history and lifted it above my head, throwing it into Otachi and turning to both monsters, seething in anger.

    I reached up a shaky hand, flicking a few switched until the automated voice came on.

    Engaging missile barrage.

    Otachi tried to slither away in the water but I quickly intercepted it, shoving one of my blades deep in it’s back as I punched it in the face with the other. It roared, rearing back and watching me from a safe distance. Both Kaiju stood far enough away that if I came charging, they could easily overtake me.

    “Lila, were being deployed. Gipsy Danger is on the way. Just hold on.” Raleigh said, slightly out of breath. I let out a shaky laugh as I felt the missiles on my back shoot into the air.

    “Holding on got two great crews killed, I‘m not holding on anymore.” I told him, reengaging both Sting Blades as I stood on the defensive when both Kaiju watched the missiles come towards them.

    They both, at the same time, came charging towards me, bringing the locked on missiles with them. I stood my ground, feeling pride and resilience rush through me.

    “I‘m taking these two down if it‘s the last thing I do!” I shouted.

    “Lila, no!” Raleigh screamed, sounding scared and in anguish.

    Leatherback was just about to get me with one of it’s large fists when the first Anti-Kaiju missile hit it’s target right in the back. It’s fist hit my leg, taking me down into the water as the missiles landed over all three of us. I felt the shockwave of them all, and one complete blew off my right leg, sending me screaming.

    Engaging emergency ejection I know I didn’t activate that as I was detached from the feet of my Jaeger and my oxygen was released. It took me a moment to realize what had happened.

    “No, Glory, please no.” I sobbed trying to get out of the hook up before I was sealed in the pod.

    She wasn’t having it though, and kept my suit locked in place even after I tried to bypass the emergency ejection. Another missile hit my arm, blowing it clean off and another scream ripped through me. I’d never felt this much physical pain in all my life. It was like I was actually losing these limbs.

    “I can‘t do this to you, Glory. Please! PLEASE!” I struggled and fought, crying and screaming. Even with a dead arm and leg, I still tried my damnedest to stay in the Pod.

    Let me go, Lila The soft voice soothed me gently and I let the tears continue to fall as I felt Glory’s last memories rush through me.

    Pictures of her life, her making, her crews that she deemed not good enough until I came along. It was played through my head just like it had before and I felt love and peace flow from my Jaeger into me. This Jaeger wasn’t just a machine. This Jaeger was my Co-Pilot, my family.

    It has been such an honor riding with you. I was tucked inside the ejection pod, still screaming like a dying cat and pounding on everything I could.

    “NO!” I screamed just before my pod was ejected.

    I watched as I flew through the air, as the last of the missiles landed right on Glory Ranger, effectively blowing up my Jaeger in a mightily explosion. I was still in midair when the explosion happened and it jolted me around, my helmeted head cracking off the glass in front of me.

    Everything went fuzzy.

    Then darkness.

 What's gonna happen to Lila?! :O.... Wait for next week to find out ;) Thank you guys so much for being such great supporters! Please keep it up by commenting, voting and rating! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447 6 1
Six months have passed since the end of the war and life has moved on, except for one ex-ranger who continues to isolate himself in the past. Though...
18.3K 261 18
New York is not just a city.... It's a world.. And lost in that world are Liam and Sofia, each struggling through their own strangled lives until des...
14.4K 339 43
It's been ten years since I saw his face. Heard his voice. Told him what an idiot he was... He was dead and every day after felt like a little more o...
683K 12.1K 42
UNEDITED! "I can't act like I'm not in love with you!" he says at last. Every single drop of confidence fades away from my body. "What did you say?"...