Hey Hailey ✓

By veneventer1

"I know right? Did you feel it? Did you feel the blood rushing through your veins? Have you ever felt this be... More

Hey Hailey
1. I'm Leaving ~Hailey~
2. I'm Apologizing ~Sam~
3. I'm Recovering ~Miles~
4. I'm Coming ~Hailey~
5. I'm Laughing ~Miles~
6. I'm Depressing ~Sam~
7. I'm Panicking ~Hailey~ Part 1
8. I'm Learning ~Hailey~ Part 2
9. I'm Eating ~Sam~ Part 1
10. I'm Waiting ~Sam~ Part 2
11. I'm Lying ~Miles~
12. I'm Babysitting ~Hailey~
13. I'm Living ~Sam~
14. I'm Hurting ~Miles~
15. I'm Protecting ~Ben~
17. I'm Fighting ~Sam~
A/N
18. I'm Talking ~Hailey~ Part 1
19. I'm Betting ~Hailey~ Part 2
20. I'm Something ~Mason~
21. I'm Saving ~Sam~
22. I'm Crying ~Hailey~ Part 1
23. I'm Blushing ~Hailey~ Part 2
24. I'm Marrying ~Sam~
25. I'm Running ~Hailey~
Epilogue
Full Cast & Dedications
Sequel news!

16. I'm Cleaning ~Hailey~

188 18 1
By veneventer1

A/N: Thanks for voting! Justice_Hope

Chapter 16: I'm Cleaning

I woke up early and took a quick shower. With the water hitting my back, I couldn't help but think. I do a lot of thinking in the shower, and of course, singing too. But today I wasn't in the mood.

Mondays.

I don't hate Mondays, but they sure aren't my favorite.

Why doesn't Ben want me to go near Miles? He's my friend, yes we fight, but all friends do. He doesn't hurt me that much that we should stop being friends. We just had a fight.

I know Ben doesn't like Miles. That's why I told him to leave so that we can talk later. Unfortunately like always, he didn't listen.

I climbed out of the shower and got dressed. I can smell Ben cooking breakfast when I came into the kitchen. "Good morning," He placed pancakes on the table.

"Morning," I sat down and ate the pancakes. He filled my plate with some bacon and I thanked him. It was a bit quiet. I tried to gulp down everything that I can get to school. I don't want to talk to him about yesterday. "Thanks for the breakfast. I'm off to school now."

"My pleasure, don't you want me to take you?" I shook my head, and take an apple and place it in my bag.

"I'm fine thanks, bye," I said walking out of the house.

"Bye!" I heard him yell. I decided to walk to school. I love running, but I'll walk today. As I walk past Sam's house he was leaning against his bike. I almost forgot that we're neighbors now.

"Hey Hailey," he said smirking. I waved and walked on, "don't you wanna ride?" I shook my head still walking. "Are you sure?" I nod. I heard him shuffling behind me and soon enough he jogged to me. "Wait."

"What do you want Sammy?" He walked beside me.

"Nothing, I'm just walking with you to school." I glared at him but continued walking. "What was with all that commotion yesterday?"

"None of your businesses monkeybutt." He chuckled.

"I heard your brother is back. Did you ask him?" Oh yes, I did and you're a liar! I ignored him. "Hey, talk to me."

"Just leave me alone."

"So he didn't tell you?" I shook my head. "He did?" I nod. "And?" He stretched out.

"Nothing, you lied." He stopped walking and glared at the ground.

"I'm many things, but I'm not a liar. What did he tell you?" I sighed. "Tell me."

"Please let's get moving. I don't want to be late." I said moving on. I didn't look behind me and kept on walking. "He told me that he doesn't know what you're talking about." I think he started walking again.

"I'm not the one lying," he said and jogged off. That boy has anger issues. He snaps easily and you don't always know why. I mean I don't even know what happened just now.

Let me tell you how weird it felt walking into school without Miles. It's like you drink your coffee with milk and sugar, and now you have to drink it without both. I'm not used to it at all. I don't know if we're still friends or not. It can't just end like that.

I walked to my locker and as soon as I opened it a note flew out.

Sorry about what happened between you and Miles. Hope we can still stay friends.

-M

I looked around and he walked to my locker. He smiled and I smile back, and then I nod. I'm sure we'll stay friends. He's super nice and cute. "Hi," he said leaning against the locker next to mine.

"Hey," I placed my books inside.

"You were so close to winning you know," I didn't catch it immediately. "The game."

"Oh, yeah. You're good you know,  I rarely lose. So well done."

"Thanks. We have chemistry first, want me to walk with you?" I nod.

"Sure, let me just-"

"Hailey!" Skyler came running to me. She engulfed me into a hug. "Oh, you poor child! Don't worry Sky is here now. After school, you. Me. Ice-cream and chick flicks! I can't believe what happened, it happened too quickly. I didn't think that would happen. It scared me, well you scared me. You were friends yesterday and now... I'm talking too much. Anyway, let's get you to class." I smiled.

"High Sky. Get it, get it?" I said. You know that awkward moment when you try to change the subject? Yeah, that's what happened.

"Good one," she said smiling. "Oh hey Mase, did I- did I interrupt something?" We both shook our heads. Her phone rang. "Sorry..." she said answering the phone. "Hey... okay, I'm on my way." She hung up. "Sorry guys Jen needs me."

"It's fine," I said closing my bag.

"I'll come to get you after school!" She said running down the halls. Skyler, she's just... crazool. Crazy cool. Bubbly but so nice.

"Is she always so chatty?" I said while closing my locker. I must say she's also a very good friend.

"Yeah, but you have to learn how to bear with her if she's in your face 24-7."

"She isn't that bad is she?" He shook his head.

"You don't have to share a house with her, do you?" I shook my head. Wait, what?

"You guys- you're- what?!"

"I know, we look nothing alike."

"Are you two twins?" He nods. They're total opposites. Blond, brown. Blue, green. Extrovert, introvert. "That's so cool!" He smiles.

"If you say so," we stepped inside the classroom. It does make sense that they are siblings because Miles told me that there were two new kids. "So I was wondering-"

"Morning children," this is the second time this teacher interrupts our conversation. "Get out your books I have an assignment for you guys to complete." She kept on talking, but I wasn't really listening. I stared- yes stared- at Mason.

I didn't even realize he was so attractive. Yes, at first I thought that he was good-looking, but there is more than what meets the eye. Those green eyes. Ugh! You can so easily get lost in them and he's- stop it, Hailey! He's staring now too.

I quickly looked down at my books, embarrassed. I was totally checking him out. I feel so stupid. I'm sure I look like a tomato now. "-Hailey, you should pour the green fluid inside now." I only snapped out of it as soon as he said my name.

So that's why his lips were moving and he was looking at me, he was actually talking to me. I was supposed to listen, not stare. "Oh, sorry." I almost knocked down the stuff when he caught it. "Uh-uh sorry again."

"It's fine," Hailey look at his face, not his outstretched arm, showing his veins. He poured it inside and it starts bubbling.

"Is it suppose to do that?" I ask.

"Wait, which one did you hand me?" I shrug. "Uh oh." He said grabbing my arms and shoving us under the table. Did I hand him the green one? It was right next to the blue one.

We both looked shocked and then we started laughing. "D-did you see that!" I said between laughs. He nods.

"Y-yeah of course I did, I don't think that should've happen-"

"Mr. Gray and Miss West! Get out from under the table!" Mrs. Stone looked extremely mad at this point. "What did you two do?"

We both stood up, "I'm sorry it was an accident, it was-"

"My fault," Mason said. "I poured in the wrong one. I'm sorry Mrs. Stone." She lets out a sigh.

"You almost burned down the classroom. You two clean up this mess," she said gesturing to the classroom. "And both of you clean my class every morning for this week. Starting tomorrow." She hands us brooms, "Class dismissed." The bell rang.

Everyone walked out, except for us. I did as I was told and start sweeping. "You don't have to clean it," Mason said taking my broom.

"You know it was me who made this mess. So, I'll clean it." I tried to take the broom back but he held it higher so that I couldn't reach it. "Hey! Give it back!"

"Na-ah."

"Please."

"Why should I?"

"Because I'm cleaning the class."

"Then I'll help you." He said, already cleaning up the mess. "We'll do it together, teamwork makes a dream work." I chuckled and then we cleaned up everything. Mrs. Stone said that we can skip the next period, cleaning her class. That's the greatest news ever because I have IT. You know with who.

The bell rang and Mason walked me to my next class. "You really shouldn't have, but thank you," I said, stopping at my class.

"No problem, I had fun cleaning with you. I'll see you later?" I nod.

"Me too, see you." He waved and walked on. I took my seat next to Skyler. "Hey."

"Hey! So are you feeling better? Where were you in the previous period? Sam didn't stop asking me where you were. Oh goodness, he's so annoying. I heard from Miles that Mason wasn't at History as well. So I thought you guys were probably together. Am I right?" She really rushed out every word. I nod.

"Yeah, we had some cleaning up to do. Wait, did you say Sam?" She nods. "Ugh, what did he want?" She shrugged.

"The guy was a bit worried. I mean he never, like ever talk to me. I thought that he wanted something from me, you know what I mean, but he was looking for you. I thought Miles said that you guys are like arch enemies. Are you? I mean Miles, wait did you talk to Miles today? Was he mean to you? I-"

"My brother forbid me to be near Miles. I guess that Sam and I are acquaintances."

"You mean friends? How can you be friends with him? He's-he's a... really awful person Hailey."

"He isn't that bad, you don't know him." Even I don't know Sam that well. Actually, I don't know a thing about him. He's like a total stranger.

"Well, I know him long enough to know that he is bad news. I'm just saying that it isn't a good idea to be around him. He breaks girls' hearts." Yeah, that I saw with my own eyes. He doesn't care about girls. I mean he has his own fan club. Girls praise the ground he walks on. Stupid idiots.

"I understand." The bell rang.

"You're coming home with me. How does that ice-cream sound?" I smile.

"Sounds perfect."

Skyler is lucky enough to have a car. Let me correct it, a car ride. Meaning she rides with her brother. Oh, that's nothing, Mason didn't know that I would be riding with them. Who's Mason's best friend? You guessed it. Miles. Who's riding in the same car as him? Right again. Me. Who's also going to their house? Ding ding! Miles.

"Sky maybe we can do this, this weekend at my house?"

"Honey, are you sure?" I nod. "No, I'll let him get shotgun and we'll get the backseats. I'll make sure that he isn't anywhere near you like you promised your brother."

I agreed to it. I had to. Who can say no to those puppy eyes? I mean one pout and I'm out. She can really convince you into doing something. No wonder her brother listens to her. What did he do? He went for a run with Miles so that we can get to their house without any drama.

I am proud to say, that even though I lost one best friend I made two new best friends. Two who I can say did everything to please and help me.

And if I had to admit it, I think I might have a tiny crush. That's all.

~*~

Who of you guys guessed that they're twins????

Skyler!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 48.1K 21
Ally has always been one of the boys. That is, until she realizes that she has feelings for her best friend, Zac, who happens to be the hottest guy...
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
5.6K 383 72
"Are you always this cold " "I'm not cold" ****** When Kat Demar is finally let out of an all girls boarding school to college, she p...
188K 6.4K 30
" What the hell dude. Why do you have a tampon shoved up your fricking nose. Are you mental or something . That was my last one now what am I going t...