A Weekend at the Lake House

By SkittlesDelight

Mia Evans is born in a cold household with very busy parents and no siblings. She was born rich, but she has... More

The Funeral
The Lake House
The Restaurant
Blissful Morning
Arrow Foot
Cup Phones
Rock Skipping
Water Park
Fourth of July Morning
Fourth of July
Goodbyes

Epilogue

8.1K 140 24
By SkittlesDelight

Disclaimer: I don't own Grown Ups.

Epilogue

Mia's POV

Three wonderful years has passed and I have never been any happier.

A lot has happened in that time span and there were a lot of ups and downs. Believe it or not, Greg and I have broken up FIVE times in three years, but we always seem to come back to each other. It's like he was my air, without him, I feel suffocated, I feel lifeless. We haven't said I Love You yet, but I know that I am completely and unconditionally in love with him. But I'm not sure about his feelings. Does he? Three years and I'm still insecure, but I've learned to love myself more. I think...

"Hey, babe! Happy first anniversary!" Greg smiled on the screen. We were on Facetime.

"Happy anniversary!" I made a kissy face towards the camera and giggled when he did the same.

"Can you believe that we survived a year of being together?"

"Yeah, I'm amazed too... We did it." I whispered.

"We did and you know what?"

"What?" I smiled.

"There will be many more anniversaries to come."

"I'm very lucky to have you, Greg."

"No, baby. I'm the lucky one. You are truly amazing."

I shook my head.

"Babe, don't. Don't doubt yourself. You're the most beautiful, amazing, caring, loving, funny, charismatic person I've ever met. I could just go on and on about you all night and not be ashamed, so you shouldn't be also."

With every word he mentioned my heart just melts more and more. He makes me giddy and happy. He makes me happy. He makes me feel wonderful. He makes me feel love...

That was the night that I knew that I love him, but I didn't say anything because it was too soon. Well, too soon for me to feel that way. I don't know what he feels but I knew he was the one for me.

Our days were filled with phone calls and cute messages. I could probably write a novel with all the conversations we've had. It would be titled as The Most Sappy and Romantic Conversations Between Mia and Greg.

My phone dinged, telling me that I got a message. It was Greg.

'Babe, I'm staring at the clock.. -Greg' It said.

'Why?' I replied back. Seconds later, my phone buzzed again.

'Idk what to do.. All i know is breathing and thinking of you... -Greg'

I blushed madly at that and butterflies squirmed in my belly.

'Aaaw.. Sweet! :*' I replied.

After the tears from the Feders departure subsided, my parents and I went back home and for a year, we struggled with fixing our relationship, it was rough at first, but now, we were closer than ever. My uncle visits more often too. We do this thing every Friday night that we would watch any movie of our choice all night long.

This year will be different though... Because the Feders are moving here! Yes, here in New England! And the best part is that I'm staying with them for the entire year! Why? Because my parents are travelling to Europe and just relax, and since they own their own company, they can work wherever they are, which is awesome. I know, 'what kind of parent would let there teenage daughter live with her boyfriend of three years?' Well, they trust me. They know I'm mature enough to know what is right and they trust me that I won't get knocked up.

"Mia, bud, could we talk to you for a minute?" My dad called from downstairs.

"Greg, my dad is calling me. I'll be back in a few okay?"

"Sure." Greg smiled in the screen.

"What's up?" I looked at my parents.

"Well, it's been two and a half years and we know the Feders are moving back here and you'll be moving in them too when we go to Europe. We just want to say that we... trust you to make the right decision... and well, boys like Greg... they have certain... needs and we just want to remind you that you shouldn't do anything that you are... being pressured into and you could always say no-"

My face was red. Oh no, not this talk.. "Mom, Dad, you're not talking about... sex" I forced the word out. "Are you?"

"Well, honey, you're teenagers. We also know what it was like back in the day. And of course, you and Greg haven't seen each other in a long time, we just don't want you to get caught up in the moment and you know.."

"I promise not to get knocked up. Are we done? Cause I have homework..." I stood up and quickly ran upstairs.

That was not a conversation I ever wanted to have with my parents.

"Mia, what's wrong?" Greg stared at me through the screen...

"Nothing.." I smiled.

All of Uncle Marcus' friends moved into the neighborhood too. So I have been spending time with Donna and Charlotte a lot with occasional times with Andre. He's still that pervert of a guy, but he's still a goof ball to be around with.

"Babe, what's the square root of-" I was cut by my dear friend.

"Hey, love birds!" Charlotte greeted as she walked into the room.

"Hey, Charlie.." Greg greeted.

"Hi, Greg. I'm sorry to interrupt this session of endless talking and staring at each other through the screen, but Mia promised me shopping with Donna and I am in need of a Starbucks Frappuccino so we gotta go. Bye." Charlie said and pressed the end call.

"What the hell, Charlie?" I huffed.

"Oh, don't get your panties in a twist. You'll be talking later at night so I'm just hauling you back to reality. And I was actually very serious about the Starbucks issue."

"C'mon. I'll text the driver to come get us." I rolled my eyes as Charlie clapped her hands in delight. "You should be thankful I love you."

"Speaking of love, have you told him yet?" I looked away from her. "Why not? It's been two years since you've known!"

"I just don't want to say it through a Facetime call!"

"Whatever, girl."

I'm actually picking up the Feders at the airport today. My parent's flight is tomorrow but they wanted me to stay with the Feders and help them out with the new neighborhood and their big ass new house. We're in the same neighborhood, but our house is ten minutes away from each other.

Two years of being together with Greg and we're stronger than ever. Our Facetime is always open and is always in our room. His room was a mess as usual ever since they had fired Rita. Lenny wanted his kids to be independent and Roxanne to learn how to cook. I was finishing my homework when Greg appeared in the screen. His body was visibly covered in sweat from basketball with his dad and his curly hair was sticking to his forehead again.

Over the two years, I have witnessed Greg turn into a young man. Yup, muscles and all... He was lanky but just right. Not overly muscled which I love the most and he's trying to get more ab work out, which can be visibly seen.

He removed his shirt and dried his body with a towel. My fifteen-year-old eyes is drooling from the sight in front of me and I completely forgot the work in front of me. Suddenly, my room became hotter and I was biting my bottom lip. Oh, how I've missed kissing him and feeling his arms around me...

"Hey, babe. What're you doing?" He smiles. His voice became deeper too...

I snapped back to him and smiled sheepishly. "Just homework..."

"Well, I'll just grab a quick shower and I'll be back, 'kay?" I nodded in reply and watched his cute bum walk away from the computer camera.

That was the first time that I've felt physically attracted to Greg...

I wore a simple flower printed dress with a belt and opted for my black high-cut chucks. I applied a bit of mascara, eye-liner and lip-gloss. I'm very nervous in seeing Greg again... What if that electric current thing we had back in the lake house is gone? What if he decided that I'm not worth it anymore...

I shook my head, 'Snap out of it, Mia.' I scolded my self.

"Sweetie, we need to get going!" Okay, that's my cue... Oh my God.. I'm freaking out! Mia, just take a deep soothing breath. And I did.

I climbed into the car and I smiled nervously at my parents. "Stop fidgeting, Mia." Dad snide at me.

I began to wring my fingers and my knees started to bounce. All too soon, we were by the airport. I quickly searched for the Feders and saw Becky's head.

"Mia!" The Feders turned to face us, but I didn't saw Greg when Becky and Keithie pounced on me, almost knocking us all down. Good thing I didn't wear heels or we would probably be on the floor and I'm gonna suffer a broken ankle.

I laughed at them. "I missed you guys so so much.." I kissed both their heads as they smiled toothily at me.

"Keithie, look at you! You're so tall!" His head reached my nose already.

"And what have you done to Becky! You're not Becky!"

"Mia, I'm still Becky!"

"Well, the last time I saw Becky, she was this tall." I gestured towards the level of my thighs, at the hem of my dress.

"Didn't I told you not to grow up so quickly?" I asked.

"Yeah, I ask her that too." Lenny cuts in. I smiled and hugged him.

"Hey, kid. You been okay?" I nodded. "Good."

"Mia!" Roxanne called. "Look at you, my God.. You've grown into such a beautiful woman... And that dress is exquisite!"

"Thank you, Roxanne! I actually designed it and sewed it myself." I smiled proudly.

"I'll talk to you later, okay. I'm gonna say hi to your mom!" She kissed my cheek and moved on..

Finally, I saw Greg. He was staring at me open-mouthed. He shook his head and approached me slowly.

"Hi.." I said.

His hair was still an endless mop of black curls on his head. His eyes are still browner than ever, twinkling with joy and wonderment. His mouth was delicious to look at.. Maybe just as delicious as it tastes.

I blushed a crimson red from my thoughts.

He hovered over me with his height. I just reached his chin...

"Do I know you?" He said. God, his voice is so lovely to hear not over a machine.

My eyes widened, did he not recognize me? Did I put on too much make up that he couldn't possible tell it was me.

He chuckled. "I'm just kidding, babe."

I glared at him, but it softened when I heard him say Babe. He pulled me into his warm arms and that delicious electric current was still there, buzzing more intense right now, and I inhaled his scent.. The smell that I've missed so much.. He buried his head into my neck and inhaled too. God, have I missed this so much..

All too soon, my parents interrupted us.

"Hey, Greg. Nice to see you again, kid." Dad smiled.

"It's nice to see you too, Andy." They did this manly handshake.

"Oh, is this Greg? My, oh my, you've grown young man." Mom cooed, kissing Greg on both cheeks.

"Hey, Rose. You still look as young as ever."

"Oh, you shush!" Mom giggled.

My parents were smitten with Greg, especially my mom. Which I'm glad.

We all loaded their bags into the cars, one rental for the Feders which Lenny will be driving, and Greg will be riding with us again.

We were in the car and Greg immediately wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to his chest.

"I missed you so much... Even if we practically saw each other everyday in computer screens, nothing beats the real deal.." He murmured as he kissed the back of my head.

"I missed you too... More than you would imagine..."

We arrived at the Feders house, which my mom designed herself. My dad also hired a caterer for us this night so we wouldn't need to cook or go out. We were at the backyard, eating the delicious food, they were talking while Greg and I were quiet, intertwined hands and just sharing a few glances at each other.

"Walk with me.." He whispered in my ear.

I placed my plate down and led him to the lawn and then we continued to walk around.

He suddenly stopped and pulled me to his chest. Our eyes met, blue against brown yet again... Deep chocolate brown eyes... He leaned down and I met him half way. Our lips met for the first time in three years and sparks literally formed in my eye lids as our lips moved in synch with each other making my toes curl in my chucks. It was soft at first, but the yearning we've felt over the past years quickly made its appearance and then my hands were around his neck, playing with hair at the nape of his neck, his arms wrapped protectively around my waist. His tongue touched mine hesitantly, asking permission and I opened my mouth with a deep relieved sigh. He tasted wonderful, minty and sweet all in one. He dipped me down, my hair almost touching the ground and we smiled against each other's lips. He stood us up again, lips still pressed against each other but the intensity lessened.

"Mia, I l-"

"Greg, it's getting late and Mia's parents are leaving! You should say goodbye." Lenny yelled, interrupting what Greg was trying to say.

Greg sighed and looked at me, something was in his eyes.. But I couldn't tell what it was...

I said my tearful farewell to my parents. They promised to call every week and that I could always fly to wherever they are. I kissed and hugged them both and waved as they drove away.

I had my own room in the big house, besides Greg's room, but this night I want to feel Greg's arms wrapped around me protectively in my sleep. When I knew that everybody was asleep in the house, I tiptoed to Greg's room, wearing a tank top and sweatpants, and quietly closed the door. I padded across the room to the side of his bed. He still looks the same when he sleeps, peaceful, mouth slightly opened and snoring.

I lifted the duvet and snuggled up into his side.

He groaned. "Mia, what are you doing?" His voice is husky and deep from slumber.

"I want to sleep with you."

He sat up suddenly and looked at me. "What?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"You.. you said you wanted to sleep with me..." He said in high voice.

I blushed. "Yeah, I mean, sleep beside you.."

"Oh okay.." He sighed in relief. Did he not want me?

He saw my face fall in disappointment.

"No! I do want you, babe.. But I just moved in and I want to take you out for our first real date. I want our first time to be perfect. With candles and wooing and whatever.." He kissed my forehead.

"Don't you want me to sleep here?

"I do, I was just surprised by your choice of words.."

"Oh, sorry." I giggled.

We lay down on his big bed and fell asleep in each others arms...

~AWATLH~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.1K 2.3K 19
20 year old Latashaí' Thomas , had a pretty great life . Until one night she went to a party , And did the unthinkable . She never thought at 17 yea...
400K 6.2K 26
Aspen Higgins is the daughter of Marcus Higgins and she's just like him. Growing up it was always the two of them. Aspen was never into girly things...
160K 2K 12
In which Lenny and Roxanne have a 17 year old daughter... In which Eric and Sally have a 17 year old son... In which their fathers basketball coach d...
779K 16.8K 53
What happens when a 12 almost 13 year old girl is adopted by a famous actor? Will it be fun? Or will it change a girls life forever? Will he know ho...