Broken Bonds

By TheBrokenToy

UNDERGOING MAJOR EDITING. ALL STORIES WITH EDITED NEXT TO THEM HAVE BEEN EDITED. EVEN IF YOU HAVE READ ALL OF... More

Prologue (EDITED)
Chapter 1: Monday (EDITED)
Chapter 2: The New Pack (EDITED)
Chapter 3: Revenge
Chapter 4: Weary Faces and Gross Replacements
Chapter 5: Paybacks A--
Chapter 6: Suck Up
Chapter 7: Rogues
Chapter 9: Surprise!
Chapter 10: I Love My Job
IMPORTANT! NOT AN UPDATE!
IMPORTANT! (Not an update but there will be one soon!)

Chapter 8: A Piece of Background!

377 8 2
By TheBrokenToy

I could barely keep my laughter in. Ok, so I know that’s mean, but it looks sooo funny! At this very moment, Killjoy is trying to defend herself (yes her) from a whole bunch of kids.

“I’m sorry. I’m not your Mom and you’re not my teddy bear.” Killjoy gritted her teeth.“

But you are Mommy! You are! You have black hair just like her! Don’t lie Mommy! I love you Mommy!” The little girl hugged her, causing Killjoy to cringe. She’s not a person who likes other people touching her.

“Alright kids, off of Killjoy now. Grace, she’s not your Mom.”

“B-but Icing. She looks just like her though...” Sniffled Grace.

She calls me icing because saying ‘Aisling’ is too hard for her.

“I know Grace, but she’s not your Mom.” I crouched down to her four year old size.

“How about this...if you help me eat some of the cupcakes I’m going to bake, I’ll be your Mom from now on. How’s that sound?”

“With icing, Icing?” She asked.

“You bet.”

“Can I still call you Icing?” She grinned hugging my leg.

“Of course!”

As she ran off, Killjoy stared at me.

“What?”

“Why...why did you tell her that?”

“What do you mean?”

“Why did you just become her ‘Mom’?” She said with air quotes.

“Because it hurts to be an orphan and I have plenty of love to share.”

She shrugged. “Whatever. You know I could’ve handled it myself right?”

“Yea sure, you can’t just skewer her, Killjoy, she’s a kid not a threat.”

She sniffed. “I still could’ve handled it.”

“Whatever.”

“And you better save me some cupcakes.”

I burst out laughing, but when I looked up she was not smiling. But when does she ever?

“Oh you were serious...”

“When am I not?”

“Alright alright, I’ll save you some cupcakes.”

“Don’t push it, Ms. Bystander.”

“Don’t call me that! It’s not my fault Hunter and Death wouldn’t let me help.” I grumbled.

“You wouldn’t even have been able to, you were weak.” She snorted.

“I could take you now so there!”

Something gleamed in her eyes. “Really now?”

“Definitely.” I boasted.

“Then take me. Go on.”

I waited a little bit then tackled her trying to get her by surprise but she knew what I was gonna do and sidestepped me. Which caused me to bang into the cabinets. And let me tell you, it hurt!

I got back up and lunged at her and we tussled around for a little bit. I knew she was playing with me because, to be honest, I couldn’t take her at all. She was and always will be better than me. Finally, Killjoy got tired of it and sat on top of me with her knife on my throat.

“Looks like you were wrong, Ms. Bystander. You will never be able to take me. And now I shall finish you!” She snarled.

Suddenly, the door burst open. We both looked up.

“I KNEW IT! I KNEW WE COULDN’T TRUST YOU! AND NOW LOOK! AFTER SHE FOUGHT FOR YOU, YOU’RE GOING TO KILL HER! SLOWLY DROP THE KNIFE AND STEP AWAY FROM AISLING. NOW.” Roared Grey.

“No wait, Grey! We were just--”

“NO SAVE IT AISLING! DO NOT STICK UP FOR THIS, THIS ANIMAL!”

Crap. He shouldn’t have said that.

Killjoy stood up slowly. “I must be mistaken. I think you just called me an animal.”

“Oh no, you’re not mistaken. I did.” Retorted Grey.

Killjoy stepped over me. “Need I remind you that we all of wolves inside of us? Thus making us all slightly animals?”

“Yea, but you, you’re an exception. You’re a disgusting rogue no matter what Aisling says. Thus you are no more than an animal. You probably can’t even feel pain, you probably have never even felt it!”

‘Shut up Grey! You’re making this worse!’ I shouted at him in my mind.

‘Be quiet Aisling. I can’t believe you let these mongrels in!’ He said back.

‘Just let me explain--’

‘I think you’ve done enough explaining.’ Grey said quietly before putting the block up in his mind.

“Maybe I need to remind you of the definition of animal.”

“Oh please do.” Snorted Grey.

“An animal, is inferior to humans. An animal, cannot weep. An animal, does not know right from wrong. An animal, is a wild beast until tamed. An animal, has no feelings except pain. An animal, has no principles.” Killjoy explained with a hard voice as she stepped forward. “I am not inferior to humans and I am, in fact, superior to some. I can cry, but I choose not to. I know what the difference is from right and wrong. I am not wild, but I will not be tamed either way. I have all the feelings a human has. I choose not to show them. I do have principles. If I really wanted to kill Aisling, I could’ve killed her while you were telling me to put down my knife. If I really wanted to harm her, I could’ve done it more than 100 times by the time you came here. If I really wanted to betray her, I could’ve done it when a rabid rogue tried to bite her arm off, but no, I stood in front of her and nearly got my throat torn out. I have always been the exception. In my old pack, when everyone survived an attack except my parents and my brother. I have always been the exception. When my grandfather died a few days afterward, everyone made sure to comfort the grandmother, but they forgot the damaged granddaughter. The one who helplessly watched her parents and brother die because everyone else forgot that they were actual people and that they needed to be saved too.”

She took another step forward. “Do nottell me I have never felt pain because if it wasn’t pain I felt for 3 years then I don’t know what I felt.”

With that she turned around and walked out the front door.

“I...I didn’t mean all of that. I just--”

“I’m mad at you. I’m not speaking to you.” I humphed as I got off the ground and walked away to find Killjoy.

After I reasoned and calmed Killjoy down I came back inside and saw Grey crying.

And not like that boo-hoo crying the sob-sniffle-sob crying.

“Hey Grey, it’s not that serious. It’s alright, Killjoy isn’t mad about it now ok?” I said patting his shoulder.

“Aisling, there’s something I haven’t told you.” He whispered. “I have a mate.”

“Well that’s great, but nothing to cry over! When can I meet her?”

“You can’t--” He choked. “--she’s dead. She was killed by rogues.”

“Is that why...?”

“Yes and I’m sorry but--”

“It’s ok Grey, I understand and I’m not mad at you, but why didn’t you tell me?”

He took a deep breath. “I--I didn’t want to, if I said it, it would become a reality and I didn’t want that.”

“Ah. Well, thank you for telling me. I am sorry about your mate, Grey.” I sighed. “I can’t begin to imagine what you were feeling.”

“It’s ok Aisling, you didn’t know.” Grey wiped his eyes and stood up. “I’m ok now, thanks though. Let’s go find Hunter and Death. Where did they get those names by the way?”

“I think you’re going to have to ask them yourself.” I shook my head. “Those aren’t my stories to tell.”

“Oh alright then. I’ll see if I can find them.”

“Suit yourself.” I shrugged.

“Hey remember when Joseph said that to you and you burst out crying ‘cause you thought he said “shoot yourself”?” Grey grinned.

I frowned. “I didn’t really find that funny...”

“Heh. I did.”

“So this is the thanks I get for helping you through your pain huh?”

“Yep.”

I chuckled. “Alright Grey, I’m going out to the woods to run.”

“Kay, have fun.” He gave me a hug and I left.

I traveled into the woods and took off my clothes (after making sure no one was watching) and shifted into my wolf. I ran around for a while staying close to the tree with my clothes. Finally, I got bored and changed back took off in human form in no particular direction. Everything was going fine until I was confronted with the most appalling sight I have ever seen.

Hey guys! I was gonna have Killjoy’s P.O.V. when she told Grey off, but when I asked her, she politely (ok that’s a lie) she cussed me out and told me to stay out of her mind so...yea...uhuh. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Peace, Love, and Joy

~TheBrokenToy

Continue Reading