āœ“ 1. | BROKE HER āžø ONCE UPON...

By wickedivory

[ THIS BOOK IS TERRIBLE, READ WITH CAUTION HOWEVER, THE SECOND AND THIRD BOOK ARE BETTER ] ā” šš‘šŽšŠš„... More

o. news
o. disclaimer
o. trailer
o. artwork
o. introduction
o. extended summary
o. epigraph
o. cast list
o. playlist
part one
one ; the princess
two ; rebellious child
three ; the world has collapsed
four ; peaceful
five ; selfish liar
six ; deep breath
seven ; when it burns
eight ; the new brother
nine ; worst grandmother of the year
ten ; stupid message man
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
part two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
part three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
epilogue.
thank you.
sequel.
awards.
BROKE HER FANS NEED TO READ! UPDATED!

thirteen

6.4K 225 113
By wickedivory

━━━━━━━━

Why Did You Leave Me

━━━━━━━━

THE BRUNETTE ATE HER EGGS AS SHE WATCHED EMMA RUN AROUND THE APARTMENT IN A HASTE. The blonde was grabbing anything she thought she'd needed. Melody rolled her eyes.

"Can I come?" she asked.

Emma didn't turn to her as she replied. "Nope."

Melody smirked but covered it up as she spoke.

"But Cora's out there somewhere. And I'm not safe here and neither is Henry. No one has magic powerful enough that can stop her if something happens. And I'm not skilled in magic so I'm helpless."

Emma looked over at her and made a face, signaling she knew Melody was making an excuse.

"Right. Sure..."

Melody got up and walked over to her.

"But Emma, it's scary here all by myself. Please let me and Henry come with you."

"I don't know Melody it might be dangerous and-"

"Jezz Emma just let us come with you!" Melody exclaimed, stopping her act and crossing her arms over her chest.

Emma looked over at Mary Margaret who was watching nearby and the former bandit shook her head.

"I'm not helping you."

Emma glared and looked back at Melody.

"Can we please go, mom," Henry, who had just came down the stair, pleaded.

Emma looked between Melody and Henry before sighing.

"Fine." Melody smiled and Henry pumped his fist in the air. "Get your things."

Henry ran out the room and so did Melody. But the teen came back in under 15 seconds flat, with her bag in hand. Emma gaped in shock.

"How did you-"

"I knew you'd let me come, so I packed early," Melody said smiling innocently.

Emma gave her a look and was about to say something back when a knock interrupted them. The blonde already knew who it was so she went and opened it.

"Ready to go, Miss Swan?" Gold asked as he stepped in.

"Almost," came the reply.

Gold saw Melody with a small backpack and a smug smile and he narrowed his eyes confusedly. Henry bounded down the staircase with his coat and looked to his sister and mom.

"Do you think we'll be cold where we're going, or warm?" he asked.

"I think layers are always a good idea," Melody replied, digging through her bag to get her coat.

Emma nodded in agreement. "Definitely."

"I thought the terms of our agreement were quite clear. You owe me a favor - you alone," Gold said.

"I'm not leaving Henry and Melody here with Cora lurking about, so either we all go, or we all stay," Emma negotiated.

Gold didn't see a point in arguing, so he just sighed.

"Then, we'll have to purchase two more plane tickets, won't we?"

Melody walked over and helped Henry put on his jacket, her's already on.

"Wait. We're flying?" Emma questioned.

"Don't worry, I'm covering expenses. Even the new ones," Gold told her.

David overheard the conversation as he came down the stairs. "You're a real gentleman, aren't you?" He reached the bottom of the stairs and walked over to Gold. He pointed a finger at him. "Alright, Gold, you're going out there with my family. Just know, if anything happens to them-"

"Then you'll what? Cross the town line? And David Nolan will hunt me down in his animal rescue van?" Gold said sarcastically.

Melody rolled her eyes as she finished buttoning Henry's coat.

"I'll be devastated. This isn't a threat. It's a request. Take care of them," David spoke sincerely.

"I promise no harm will come to your family. After all, we have a deal," Gold reminded.

Emma, Henry, and Melody all exited the apartment and Gold turned to David before he exited.

"Oh, and Melody's my family by the way. Not yours."

Melody smiled and laugh as she walked down the stairway.

"Love you too big bro!"

---

Something Melody liked is driving around town and listening to music. Something about the trees passing by and the sound of the cars passing by she just liked. Melody had one earbud in her ear while the other ear didn't so she could hear if someone talked to her or called her name (even if she'd be pissed if someone interrupted her music). Her one earbud was playing The Neighbourhood and a smile adorned her lips. Gold, equipped with the shawl around his neck, was driving while Emma was in the passenger seat, and Henry in the back seat with her. The teen paused her music and looked to the front of the car.

"So... Where are we going?" she asked.

"Logan International Airport," Gold replied.

"I think she meant after that," Emma pointed out.

"Let's just take things one step at a time, shall we?"

"You really think that shawl's going to work?"

"Well, if it doesn't, and I revert to my cursed self, we're all going to have some problems. It'll work."

Emma saw the Storybrooke sign and something occurred to her.

"Stop the car!" she yelled urgently.

They passed the 'leaving Storybrooke' sign and a wave of magic passed. Gold's eyes widened in horror and the two adults spun around to look at the back, realizing what had happened.

"Melody!"

Melody looked over at them confused, pausing her music once again. "Yeah?"

"Who am I?" Gold asked.

Melody rolled her eyes with an unimpressed look. "My super ancient brother who's the Dark One." Emma and Gold exhaled in relief. "Why'd you guys stop?" Annoyance laced in her voice from the fact that they interrupted her music.

"We thought you'd lose your memories," Emma explained.

"Wait. Then why didn't I?"

"That is a very good question," Gold wondered out loud.

Melody raised an eyebrow at the fact her brother didn't know the answer. She assumed he knew basically everything magic wise.

"Can we get going now?" she questioned, trying to divert the fact that her memories were still intact, despite her crossing the town line.

Gold listened to the teen and started driving once more. But the same questioned flew in his head.

How does she still remember?

---

Airport

The airport was odd to Melody and Gold who both hadn't ever been to one. Their eyes looked all around in confusion and Emma tried to direct them. They approached the security line and Melody frowned at the long line.

"Have you ever been outside of Storybrooke before, Mr. Gold?" Henry asked.

"None of us have," Melody mentioned.

"Are you nervous?"

"No," Gold told him.

"Are you worried about meeting your son?" Henry asked.

The Dark One looked annoyed at all the questions Henry was asking him but answered anyway.

"No, Henry, I'm fine."

"How about we talk about all this later, kid? We're next," Emma said, gently pushing him and Melody to the line.

Henry and Emma began taking off their shoes to put in the boxes.

"It must be really hard not to use magic - being like everyone else," Henry continued.

"You've got to put your shoes in," Emma said to the confused Gold and Melody.

"How terribly uncivilized," Melody commented in a hushed tone.

They take off their shoes and Henry went through the metal detector.

"Uh, scarf and the cane go in the basket," the TSA Agent said to Gold.

"What?" Gold spoke confusedly.

"Scarf and cane go in the basket."

"I can't."

"You have to," Emma whispered to him.

The man behind them interrupted with an annoyed tone. "It ain't rocket science, buddy. You ever been on a plane before?"

Melody looked behind her at the man. "Have you ever been beaten up by a 13-year-old before?" Melody snapped.

"My... Father and my sister are a little nervous. We're headed to a family reunion. Sorry," Emma apologized to the TSA Agent.

"Father?" "Sister?" Gold and Melody said at the same time.

"Just put your shawl in the bin. I'll help you get through," Emma told Gold.

"If I let this go, I could forget who I am," Gold reminded.

"I'm not going to let that happen."

Gold looked hesitant but Melody nudged him.

"Okay," he agreed.

Gold took the shawl off and put it in the box with his cane. Melody took her shoes off and put her phone along with her earbuds in the basket, following behind Emma as she and Gold passed through the metal detector. They got through and Emma quickly wrapped the shawl around Gold. He gave Emma a grateful nod and Melody exited the detector, eyeing the man behind them with a glare. They got their shoes back on and Henry was waiting for them.

"Guys, there's a Cinnabons here!" he exclaimed.

Melody's eyes widened. "Really?"

Henry nodded and they both raced to the food.

---

Her brother seemed everything but calm. He paced back and forth while they waited by the gate. His eyes crinkled in nervousness and worry and his jagged breaths were heard by them.

"Do you want something to eat?" Emma asked him.

"No," Gold responded.

"Is something wrong?"

"Stop asking me that!" He took a deep breath. "I'll be right back."

Gold left and the three watched him walk away.

"What's his problem?" Emma wondered.

Melody sighed. "He's probably just Emma. Think about it, this is the first time he's seen his son in years. But I gotta admit, there's something he's not saying."

Emma looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "And what do you think he's hiding?"

The brunette shrugged.

"That the thing, I have no idea."

Emma then looked over to Henry.

"Go tell Gold the flight's leaving soon."

Henry nodded and got up, following where Gold and gone to. Meldoy wrung her hands together and took a deep breath. Emma noticed and looked concerned.

"What's wrong?"

Melody looked at her and tried to smile reassuringly. "Nothing. I'm fine."

Emma nodded, yet knowing it was a lie.

---

Neverland

"Papa papa!" A 4-year-old Melody giggled as she ran over to her father who was sitting in the field.

"There's my little princess," he grinned.

Malcolm got up and went over to his daughter, picking her up and setting her on his hip. He twirled her around and she giggled once more.

"Papa!"

He laughed in response, planting a loving kiss on the top of her head. "What is it you want to show me?"

Melody smiled and held a green flower.

"Look! It's green!"

Malcolm smiled, looking at the unique flower in his little daughter's hands.

"Yes that's quite odd isn't it?"

Melody tilted her head and looked at it as well with wonder. But then suddenly the flower turned brown and turned to dust. The young girl frowned and then disappeared from Malcolm's grasp. He looked around with worry and confusion.

"Melody!? Princess!?"

She appeared from behind him, tears traveling down her cheeks. Malcolm looked down and realized he looked young.

"Why did you leave me, papa?" Melody cried.

Tears gathered in Pan's eyes as he tried to say something.

"I'm sorry I-"

"I hate! I'll never forgive you!" Melody yelled.

That struck him hard. The breath left his lungs and he fell to his knees in sadness. All of the regret and pain hitting him at once. His one true weakness. His daughter. His little princess.

"No! I'm sorry!" he sobbed.

Pan shot up in his bed at his treehouse. Sweat dripped down his forehead and he quickly wiped it. Tears were on his cheeks and he wiped them too. His breath was jagged and he held his chest.

Finally, he started to calm down and he shook his head, trying to clear of the nightmare. The moon was full and he looked to see all of the stars shining brightly. He was going to make things right once and for all. But he knew that the damaged was done and it would take a while for Melody to ever trust him again. Pan was determined not to give up. He wouldn't give up.

"I'm sorry, Melody," he whispered.

---

Airport

Melody laid her head against the seat while Henry sat next to her, a box of cinnamon buns in the middle. Gold and Emma sat behind them. The Dark One hadn't spoken since Henry brought him back and the three of them were confused as to why. But they knew he'd be nervous, but Melody's saying that Gold was hiding something rang through Emma's ears and the blonde knew she was right.

"You good, guys?" Emma asked from behind the two kids.

"You kidding? A trip with you, first plane ride, and we're going on a quest like in the book. The only thing that could make this day better? Is more frosting," Henry smiled.

Melody nodded in agreement. "Agreed my man."

Emma looked down and noticed Gold's bandaged hand. She sighed and looked at him.

"It's going to be alright. We're going to find your son," she said.

"I know," he replied.

"Welcome, folks, to Ajira Airline's regional flight fifty-three, with non-stop service to New York City. Our flight time tonight is forty-two minutes. Please sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride."

The plane engined started and Gold stared ahead blankly. Melody put her earbuds in her ear and laid back in her seat, closing her ears. Hoping she wouldn't have a nightmare about her father. Knowing deep down, she did want to see him again. But also knowing, she could never truly forgive him.

---

Short chapter! Sorry guys! That's what it was before :)

So what do you think about Pan's nightmare?

Do you really think Melody won't forgive him?

Remember To Vote On This Chapter

Comment Your Thoughts

And Follow Me For Updates!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 2.2K 46
The group travels to Neverland to save Henry, who has been taken there, under Pan's orders. Athena's whereabouts are still unknown to everyone, but C...
149K 2.5K 36
Kallie Emma Jones is 14-year-old daughter of 'The Savior' Emma Swan and Killian 'Hook' Jones. With Henry all grown up and living in another realm, s...
39.8K 1.2K 35
"į“Ź į“˜į“€źœ±į“› Źœį“€źœ± Ź™į“‡į“‡É“ Ź€į“‡į“ į“‡į“€ŹŸį“‡į“… į“€É“į“… ÉŖ'į“ į“‡ źœ±į“›ÉŖŹŸŹŸ Ź™į“‡į“‡É“ į“€į“„į“„į“‡į“˜į“›į“‡į“…. į“”ÉŖį“›Źœ į“Ź Ź™Ź€į“į“›Źœį“‡Ź€ É¢į“É“į“‡ į“€É“į“… į“Ź É“į“‡į“˜Źœį“‡į“” į“„į“€į“˜į“›į“œŹ€į“‡į“…, ÉŖ Źœį“€į“ į“‡ į“›į“ į“›Ź€Ź į“€É“į“… į“‹į“‡į“‡į“˜ į“Ź Źœį“‡į“€Ź€į“› ÉŖÉ“ į“›Źœį“‡ ŹŸÉŖÉ¢Źœį“› į“€É“...
18.8K 678 37
This is the truth of a story you know all too well. Peter Pan. But this Neverland is not what you expect. It has dark secrets hiding in every corner...