tough luck :: josuke x reader

By peachbois

"I want you, I don't know if I need you, but Ooh, I'd die to find out." (Female Insert) (1K achieved 5.10.17... More

-1 :: prologue
1 :: a challenger appears
2 :: milk and fistfights
3 :: ...jealous?
4 :: seeing double
5 :: a little obsessive
6 :: shocking! (pt. 1)
7 :: shocking! (part 2)
8 :: story material
9 :: pull me closer
10 :: ah, rats
11 :: swimming in it
12 :: a rival group
13 :: gone without a trace (pt. 1)
15 :: we meet again
16 :: if you fail...
17 :: ...try, try again
18 :: a sorta-kinda break-in
19 :: invaders from beyond
20 :: isn't this illegal?!
21 :: gomennasai
22 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 1)
23 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 2)
24 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 3)
25 :: THE WORLD's final curtain
26 :: thank you, morioh-cho
a little bit about "tough luck"
BONUS CHAPTER :: the aftermath
zoo wee mama
hooray!
lordt!

14 :: gone without a trace (pt. 2)

10.8K 416 199
By peachbois

Don't panic, but I might have switched the story up a little.
A/N
Italics - Japanese
Regular Text - English
---
You ran as fast as you could, but at the same time trying your hardest not to knock anyone over in the process.

You darted in and out of classrooms looking for Josuke or Okuyasu, or anyone who could help in general.

They weren't on the second floor.

You scrambled up the concrete stairs, and proceeded to fall, but you pushed yourself back up again in record time. You ran down the long corridor, and ducked your head into the very first classroom.

Thankfully, they were both in there, minding their own business. They noticed your entry by the sound of your school shoes slapping onto the laminate floor.

Josuke's eyes widened. "Woah, y/n, are you alright? You look like you just fought a deer or something--"

"No way. She probably fought a small bear for that to happen," interrupted Okuyasu.

"No, like, a deer could have done that though. She's not too badly hurt--"

"Small bear!"

"Deer!"

"That's not important!!"

They turned their heads. "We need to go help Shigechi, he's pretty badly hurt!"

Okuyasu looked at you with question in his eyes. "Hurt? Oh, he probably just got beaten up or something. We'll leave him."

"No, you don't understand," you said, slamming your hands on a desk. "There's a businessman and I'm pretty sure he's a stand user, and his stand can blow things up, and he got Shigechi! Please, you guys!"

Someone started to wiggle the door handle of the room.

But then, a small explosion. A sound similar to a firework going off emitted. You nearly jumped out of your socks.

"I've gotta go!" You cried, before turning and bolting out of the room and a little ways down the hallway.

There was no one anywhere near the door. "Ah, shit," you whispered, so no one would understand you. Glancing up at the clock, there was fifteen minutes left of free period.

Just enough for you to run around the school.
---
You heaved and set your hands on your knees as you arrived back to the classroom, your stomach at your feet.

"Oh my god, he isn't dead, is he---"

Something tapped you on the leg. You looked down, and was relieved to see it be one of Shigechi's harvest.

"Oh, hi! Please tell me you're alright," you said happily, yet nervously, kneeling down to meet its height.

It was trembling and quite hurt. It shakily took your palm and placed a bloody yellow button into your hand.

"Oh? What's this?"

It blew up.

You gasped and froze. "No, he can't be dead. He's okay. He's--"

You spotted a torn piece of uniform on the floor. It looked too similar to Shigechi's--a somewhat swampy green and had a gold trimming here and there.

Picking it up, you almost screamed.

It was charred and covered in blood.

"Oh my god, oh my shit-- oh god!" You almost yelled, slapping your hand over your mouth and turning away from the door.

Josuke and Okuyasu immediately ran to where you were standing outside the classroom.

"Y/n, are you okay?!" Asked Okuyasu. "You look like you've fought another bear--"

"Deer!"

A small squeak escaped your lips.

"Y/n...?"

You turned around, eyes wide, and the charred piece of uniform in your hands. Your mouth hung open.

Josuke slapped his hand over his mouth and Okuyasu just stared.

"That's not Shigechi's, is it?" Asked Josuke.

You nodded, the same squeak escaping your lips. You also picked up the button and shakily raised your hand to show them it.

"I think this is the businessman's," you whispered. "There has to be someone who can help!"
---
You shifted your weight from side to side, alternating on each foot.

Standing at the corner, surrounded by a couple of familiar and unfamiliar faces.

Something brushed past your hand. You looked behind you...Pink, curly hair. Bright smile. Pink dress. It couldn't be.

You screamed and almost fell backward. "Y-You're Reimi Sugimoto! I've heard about you!"

She giggled. "Yep, it's me!"

"You're dead!"

"You're alive."

"Touché."

She laughed again. "I'm sorry we got off to a bad start. What's your name?" You tugged at your skirt. "Um, I'm y/n l/n."

"Nice to meet you!" She held out her hand. You cautiously grasped it, taken aback that you actually could.

Eventually, Jotaro was the first to speak up. "I've heard there's been a problem."

Josuke nodded and pulled out Shigechi's school photo. Where he got it from? No idea. But one Reimi saw it, her happy expression swapped out for a more stern, saddened one.

"Is he alright?" Asked Josuke. Reimi looked down. "That's...that's the boy I saw yesterday going upwards..."

"....there's no doubt. That boy is dead."

There was a quiet but collective gasp from everyone. You looked at Josuke, and he shot you an "I should have listened to you" look.

Reimi turned in your direction. "By any chance...did the suspect leave anything behind? One of you did say that you found something, right?" Asked Reimi.

None of you ever said that, but she was a ghost, so you didn't say anything.

You reached into your pocket and pulled out the piece of uniform and the button. "Um, here...the button."

She took it and inspected it. "I can go to the tailor's tommorrow and check if anyone had the same button, I guess."

"Yeah! So then the tailor can recall which customer had it sewn! Good thinking!" Praised Koichi. You raised an eyebrow, but smiled. It was a simple idea, but you accepted the praise anyways.

Reimi placed the button back into your hand. "Please, find him before he destroys all of Morioh," she said, a little quiet. And thus, everyone turned and left.

You walked next to Josuke, but you didn't say anything to each other. Out of fear, out of regret, out of who knows what, but you both didn't talk.

You looked down at your feet while walking, your hands shoved in both of your pockets. You didn't notice when the businessman bumped into you.

"Excuse me," you said in a monotone voice, and kept walking. He didn't say anything back.

You made it a life goal, so to say. You'd bring this killer to his knees before he gets the rest of Morioh.
---
A/N
Ooh. Here comes the action part of the story. I don't really have anything left to say, so see y'all later.

-Mom

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 235 13
(COMPLETED) THIS IS CRACKFIC W A LOT OF ROMANCE (ig?) !Warning! This is very poor and rushed writing, read at your own risk, and if anything just get...
21.4K 507 19
Holy crap it's another one. Twin au because it's easier. ~~~ "Where does this go?" Y/n asked. "Wherever your heart desires." They answered. That was...
36.8K 1.3K 15
An evil lurks in Morioh, the small, quiet but bizarre town is slowly twisting into something horrifying all because of one man. From 1983 to 1995, Yo...
126K 1.7K 10
"๐‘ฐ๐’๐’ ๐’…๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ , ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ , ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’๐’†๐’†๐’… ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’…๐’...๐‘จ๐‘ฉ๐‘บ๐‘ถ๐‘ณ๐‘ผ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ๐’€ ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐’€๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ ๏ฟฝ...