The Crown: Alternate Ending

By Theresamm

The overall reception of fifth and final book in the selection series has been less than satisfactory. Many w... More

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Epilogue

Teaser

4.8K 53 35
By Theresamm

That's right everyone I'm writing a new Selection fanfic. I was so unsatisfied with the Crown the first time I read it, and after a very recent reread I've decided to try my hand at properly ending the Crown and the whole of the selection series. I'm not going to post the first chapter until I feel sure of where this is going to go, but I do have this teaser for all of you so take a peek:

I flung open my door and almost ran into my mother. Though she wasn't the queen anymore, she still held herself in such a graceful, beautiful way. I hoped I was able to display at least a fraction of her perfection to Illea. She looked positively radiant after just days off. Seeing her this way made me so happy that I almost forgot what I was about to go do.
    "Eady! Thank goodness I caught you. Lady Brice just told me you were planning to propose tonight, but that you looked distraught. I thought I should talk to you about it. This is a big decision," she explained. "I thought I might start here." And then she wrapped her arms tightly around me.
    I almost broke down then and there, but I held it together knowing I had so little time.
    "Thanks Mom, but there's really no time. I have to go propose and then there's things to plan for the report and rings to size and pictures to send..." I tried to say, but she cut me off.
    "Eadlyn I want you to hear this. Because I want you to find love out of this, and I don't want to to rush into anything. I thought I'd tell you my love story, or rather, love stories."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 57.5K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
271K 7.9K 89
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
651K 15.3K 50
This is my first fanfic but here it goes. Katniss can no longer fight the feeling inside her. The feeling of true pure love for her boy with the brea...
5.9K 137 11
What will happen now that everything is supposed to be fine? What will happen now that we are supposed to go in as normal? What kind of evil is risin...