Trolls Fanfiction: Iris

By TrollsObsessed

Characters belong to DreamWorks, plot belongs to me. (Well, Iris, Titian, and Blossom are my characters but y... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Another book?
Inspirations
Hello

Chapter 36

749 21 6
By TrollsObsessed

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Iris' POV >

Iris watched every single thing with wide eyes, her heart pounding heavily in her chest, and her breath coming in fast gulps. The Bergens had joined in on the fight, and she couldn't count how many of Creek's Trolls were being knocked down all at once. No, they were not being killed, just left unconscious.

Her and her father had entered Bergen Town together to tell Queen Bridget of this terrible darkness Creek had thrown upon them. She was immediately angered and agreed to help almost at once.

The Bergens were doing most the work since they were much larger creatures. All they had to do was flick one of the Trolls on the back of the head and they were out. It all seemed too simple. Way too simple. Iris had wanted action, to fight like crazy and come out with a few wounds on her body. But now, that would not be happening. At least, that's what she thought.

Iris had been sitting on a rock, watching the whole action, her eyes strained on nothing but the struggling Trolls. Suddenly something slammed into her side, knocking her off the stone and making her hit the ground with a hard thud. She winced as pain exploded through her flank.

The Princess lifted her eyes to see the purple form of Creek standing over her, his eyes narrowed, and anger bristling through his expression. "You traitor!" he snarled, pointing an accusatory index finger in her direction. "I should've ended you a long time ago! You useless idiot!"

Iris pulled out a knife Branch had given her earlier. She knew exactly how to use it, from all the training her father had given her when she was much younger.

She scrambled up to her feet. "Kill me then," she challenged. "You're the last thing I'm afraid of right now." Even as she spoke the words, she felt a small flash of uncertainly jolt through her. She was aware of what Creek could do. She had seen his cruel heartless side.

Creek leaped at her, but Iris was ready. She used her knife to defend herself. Triumph flew through her as she heard a sickening tearing-against-flesh noise as the blade embedded itself into the purple male's shoulder. He gasped in shock and pain, his eyes wide.

"What do you have to defend yourself, Creek?" Iris snarled in his ear.

Before anything else could happen, Iris noticed something. Creek's weight was being lifted from her body. What on earth? she thought with confusion. That's when she noticed long, sharp claws curling around his waist and pulling him off her.

She looked up, her eyes locking with the sharp yellow-rimmed eyes of a Bergen. It was a bluish-green male with snaggly teeth and a bony form. Pretty much what all the Bergens looked like.

The Princess quickly removed the knife from Creek's shoulder as he drifted away from her. "What are you doing?" she called to the Bergen as she rose to her feet.

"Doing what should've been done a long time ago!" the Bergen roared down at her, his eyes blazing in anger. "I know this is forbidden. But all of Bergen Town and Troll Tree will forgive me."

The blue-skinned girl tilted her head in confusion. What does he mean?

Creek was struggling in his hand, fighting as hard as possible to free himself. But his injured shoulder was preventing him from doing much.

"Iris!" came a voice from close by.

She turned her head to see Branch scampering towards her, his eyes wide with panic. "Are you okay?" he asked worriedly as he scanned his eyes over her body. "Did Creek hurt you?"

Iris chuckled softly. "Dad, I'm perfectly fine," she reassured him. "This Bergen saved me."

Branch follower her gaze towards the Bergen towering over them with Creek held firmly in his hand. "What's he doing?" the King asked his daughter as he leaned closer to her.

"I'm not too sure," Iris admitted.

Suddenly, the Bergen lifted Creek towards his face. And to her astonishment, he opened his mouth, his yellowish teeth glinting. She could hear the purple Troll in his grasp letting out fearful shrieks and yelled protest. But his efforts were useless. And before long, the Bergen dropped Creek right into his mouth.

Silence seemed to fall over everything. Everyone froze. That's when Iris realized, mostly every Troll had been watching the scene. She glanced around at them and saw shock glazed in their eyes and their mouths gaping.

"He's gone!" the Bergen shouted triumphantly.

The Trolls that were still conscious broke out into happy cheers and everyone backed away.

Iris was surprised to see the Trolls Creek had recruited were looking relieved. Weird, she thought, remembering how determined they'd all been to take Creek's side.

Poppy emerged from the throng of fighting Trolls, walking over to her husband and daughter with relief in her eyes. She quickened her pace until she was able to fling herself at Branch, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling his forehead against hers. "Thank goodness you two are all right," she muttered happily.

She stepped away from the King and approached Iris, pulling her into a hug.

Iris buried her nose into her mother's shoulder, breathing in her comforting sweet scent. "Yes, we're okay. And we're happy that you're okay too."

When they'd returned to the battlefield with Bridget earlier, Branch and Iris had seen Poppy there. She had freed herself from Creek and was now standing taller and stronger than before.

All the Trolls began to gather around the King and Queen, muttering among themselves.

"What now?" one called out.

Branch and Poppy exchanged glances. "Now, we go back to normal," Poppy replied. "We are the rightful leaders of this tree. We will reclaim it. But right now, we need to care for the wounded."

Iris stopped listening to her parents as they yelled out orders. Right now, she had no interest in that. She had spotted someone. In the crowd, not too far off. Titian.

She slowly began walking in his direction, her steps unsure. Did he really wanna talk to her? Probably not. But it's better to let him know I'm sorry instead of avoiding him for the rest of my life.

She had been thinking about the sparkly red Troll for days. Thinking about how she would talk to him. They had not at all spoken since her return. But now, she wanted that to change. She halted close to him, seeing him staring blankly off in the distance and completely oblivious to her presence. "Titian?" she muttered, tilting her head.

The male jumped at her words, whirling around to meet her gaze. "Oh, y-yes?" he asked.

"I need to tell you something," she began, nervously shuffling her feet against the grass. "I need to apologize."

Titian blinked in surprise. "Apologize? For what?" he asked.

Is he playing dumb? she thought. Then she shrugged. "I just wanna say I'm sorry for pushing you away. You were just trying to be a loyal friend and I'm sorry I couldn't see that. I deserved to get yelled at. I'm gonna go now...because I assume that's what you want." She turned away, her ears droopy and her steps slow.

"Well, then you assumed wrong," Titian spoke after her.

The Princess halted, blinking in shock, and turning around to face him again. "What...?"

The red Troll walked closer to her. "Iris, you're not the one who needs to apologize. I am. I didn't realize how tough the life of a Princess was. But now I do. Being royal is not an easy task. I've seen the hardships your parents had to go through. So, I'm sorry." He sighed.

"I'm not gonna say you shouldn't be apologizing because then this conversation would just go in circles. But..." Her voice trailed off for a few moments. "I forgive you. And I assume you've forgiven me as well?"

Titian nodded. "Of course," he replied. "Look, Iris I really like you. I just—"

"Iris!"

The Princess turned her head as she heard her father calling her name. He waved his hand to beckon her over. "Come on, we need your help!"

The blue-skinned Troll turned to Titian again. "I...gotta go. We'll talk later. I'm sure of it." She walked away, feeling happy she'd made everything up to her friend. She just wondered what he had been about to tell her before Branch interrupted him...

Y'all have been waiting too long for an update.

So here!

Unfortunately, this book is almost over! I'd say at the most there will be two more chapters. I'm sorry 😭

Welp, stay tuned!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 362 25
It's been about a week since the World Tour, and the leaders of Trolldom decide to have a meeting every week to make sure everything is alright. At t...
31.8K 184 30
For all you Trolls lovers, you made some great fan fictions stories or a new movie of Branch And Poppy wanted to get married. Well for you I have a p...
54K 913 19
These are short Broppy stories that can take place either before the movie (when Branch is grey) or after the movie (when Branch is blue) or it can b...
10.7K 319 7
A serious branch x reader that doesn't have an over traumatized y/n? I'm in. Story will be in 2nd person, they/them pronouns will be used, and there...