Your Mistake (INCREDIBLY SLOW...

By secrets000

Riley Smith belongs to a world that is unlike any other. She has struggled with fitting into this world and h... More

Your Mistake
My Return
Akward Re-Meetings.
Bad Dreams.
Spill of a Secret
A Change
Talking
Wake Up--Part 1
Wake Up--Part 2
Wake Up--Part 3
Flashback
Time to Myself
Thinking
Carry On
Forlorn
Anxitey
Serenity
Pessimistic
Vexation
Vigilant
Woebegone
Infuriate
Demoralize
Submergered
Outrage
Heartache
Jouissance

Beatific

69.8K 1.7K 531
By secrets000

Riley's POV

Flashback

"What do you mean you can't come and pick me up?" I asked Avery as I held the phone to my ear.

"I mean, that I can't. My parents have been grilling my ass about school and will take away my phone if I don't listen to them." Avery said, as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Avery. My brother and Alex are home. I can't be here. Derek will yell at me about being here." I said running a hand down my face.

Derek and Alex were currently sitting outside on the deck, which I could see from my room. All the parents had flown over to Barbados on vacation, leaving Derek and Alex to watch me.

Derek also hates when I'm anywhere near him. Or his friends.

So I, am officially screwed.

I sighed "Okay. Whatever, I'll think of something."

Avery also sighed, on the other end of the phone,"I'm really sorry. Like really, really sorry."

I nodded, "It's okay. Just, don't let your phone get taken. I'm gonna need to talk later." I said laughing.

Avery said 'bye' and I hung up before pacing around my room.

I had already told Derek I was going out and that they would be left alone. That was always our agreement. Either I leave the house with Avery, or he leaves the house with his friends.

Beginning to sweat from the heat, I decided to go swimming. Even though he was outside on the deck, he would have to deal with it, since it was like a hundred degrees in my room.

I changed in a Rhinestone Leopard-Print Bikini Push Up, bathing suit before grabbing a towel, sun tan lotion and glasses.

I was pretty pale and decided it would look better, if I had a tan to me. I was also really worried about my stomach since my rib cage was slightly showing.

But I had boobs at least.

Taking a deep breath I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs, sliding the sliding door open, instantly met with Derek and Alex's faces.

"Why are you here?" Derek asked gruffly, leaning back in his chair, "I thought you were going out with your weird friend."

Rubbing my arm I answered, "She canceled and it's hot so I'm going swimming."

Derek's face hardened, "Are you serious? Why can't you just stay inside?"

Rolling my bottom lip into my mouth, I looked at Alex, seeing as he was stating at me, his eyes focused on where my chest was.

"It's like a hundred degrees Derek. I'm going swimming." I said before walking off the deck and heading towards the pool.

I dived into the pool, but not before hearing Alex say, 'I'm gonna go to the bathroom.'

+

Waking up, I noticed I was no longer on the trampoline and I was in my bed, a thin blanket placed over my waist, and my windows open, letting the cool air into my room.

Alex must have brought me here.

Sighing, I figured I would have to get out of my bed sometime, so I got up, and changed.

Putting on a High-Waisted Lace Skater Skirt with a Cross Front Satin Bralet and black sandals, my hair in a high bun with no makeup expect for mascara.

I skipped down the stairs on my phone, not paying attention, until I accidentally missed a step and I freaked out.

My phone flew out of my hand, and I grabbed onto the railing as fast as I could and an unnatural noise came from my mouth.

I literally almost just died.

I thought as I picked up my phone and continued my way down the stairs, this time, paying attention.

When I walked into the kitchen, Dylan was there with Trevor, who was basically falling asleep in his chair.

"Dylan!" I sang, "You are my very best friend! Now make me food!" I sang in a high picked voice as I threw an arm around him.

"Please shut up." Trevor groaned as he rubbed his temples.

"What crawled up you ass and died?" I asked as he groaned even more.

Dylan laughed as Trevor groaned. "Trevor here went out last night. Got bomb-ass drunk and has a killer hangover." Dylan said as he moved around the sizzling bacon, which caught my attention.

All that went through my head was Bacon.

Trevor's groan snapped me back into reality. "That sucks. I've never had a bad hangover." I shrugging as I ate a price of Twizzler I had found in the cabinet.

Dylan turned towards me and raised an eyebrow. "Did you really just eat that? it wasn't even packaged."

I shrugged, swallowing it, "Tastes fine."

"Your an idiot." He said sighing.

"Yeah I know. But your an ass-hat." I said as he out the bacon on a plate and gave it to me.

Bacon.

"Ass-hat?" He questioned as he gave some bacon to Trevor and some to himself.

I nodded. "Yeah. A hat that goes on an ass. Ass-hat."

"God, your stupid." He groaned.

My mouth dropped dramatically. "Don't need to be so mean."

"Yeah whatever." He muttered, "Still stupid."

Rolling my eyes I ate the last piece of bacon, which left an empty plate.

"I'm really sad." I said looking up at Dylan and Trevor.

Trevor sighed and started at me, "Why are you sad?" He said in monotone.

"I have no bacon left." I said sadly.

I hate having no bacon.

"Here take the rest of mine." Trevor said sliding his plate over to me which I was happy to accept.

When I had finished, I washed my hands, and our all the dishes away before checked my hair in the mirror before sitting down.

"Why are you dressed nicely? Normally it's a tank-top and shorts." Dylan asked as I applied lipstick in a small hand mirror.

"Alex wanted to talk so were going out to eat." I said grinning up at him. When I read messages from my phone this morning, Alex was at the top, informing me of what we were going to do.

"But you just ate a plate and half of bacon." Dylan said not understanding why I already ate.

"Well, I'm planning on only having a salad. So I ate." I said shrugging.

"Why? Did you not want him to see you pig out?" Dylan asked grinning.

"Hey!" I shouted offensively, "I do not pig out!"

Dylan looked at me like I was retarted, "Riley. You ate two burgers yesterday and a huge bowl of salad."

Damn you Dylan.

Damn you to hell.

I smiled sheepishly, "Okay so I may pig out from time to time." I said shrugging

Dylan and Trevor just laughed at me and continued to eat whatever they could find.

A few moment later, Alex bounded down the stairs and into the kitchen.

He was wearing a black button down shirt, with dark jeans. His hair was styled the same, and his outfit was accompanied by black combat boots.

"Ready to go?" He asked nodding his head towards me.

I nodded before skipping over to him and grinning.

Right before we walked out the front door I heard Dylan shout, "Don't get pregnant!"

I groaned throwing my head back as Alex chuckled.

Why does he have to be so immature?

+

We were sitting in a dinner, in the corner booth, a waitress at the counter/bar and a few other people in the dinner.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I said taking a sip of my lemon ice-tea before setting down.

Alex sighed before taking a sip of his water, "I know your not gonna wanna talk about this, but we really need to. I need you to talk about Nate."

Sighing I nodded my head slowly, "I can do that. It's just hard, you know?" I asked giving him a sad smile, shrugging.

He nodded, "Yeah I know. And I'm happy you can talk about this." He said before the waiter came over and pulled out his little notepad.

"Have you guys figured out what you want yet?"

Alex nodded, "I'll have the Chicken Marsala." He said before handing the waiter the menu.

"And I'll have the House Salad, with oil and vinegar." I have him a small smile handing him my menu.

Brent, which was what his name was, nodded and left, leaving me and Alex alone.

"Okay. I'll tell you about Nate," I said sighing. "He was the classic boy next door. Charming. Handsome. Caring. He could get you to do anything. Anyway, he caught my attention. And I caught his. He started talking to me. And not many boys actually used to talk to me." I said sighing as I remembered the way he spoke to me.

+

"Hey guys!" I said shyly as I sat down on the log next to Nate.

"Sup Riley." Trevor said nodding towards me, before licking the melted marshmallow off his hand.

"Hey. You finally joined us." Nate said from next to me, as he leaned over and nudged me.

Against my will, my cheeks flushed and I looked down a goofy smile on my face.

I had met up with Dylan, Trevor, Nate and Michael at the beach. It was currently night and we had a bonfire going, filled with marshmallows and chocolate.

"Yeah. I figured this would be fun." I said nodding as Dylan passed me a beer.

Nate grinned before wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me to his side, which had made me blush even more at the closeness of us.

"Want to go take a walk?" Nate asked me a few minutes later.

I nodded and he grabbed my hand, lifting me up and we walked down the beach, going behind the rocks.

"You look really beautiful." He said as we swung our hand back and forth.

"Thank you." I said blushing, "Now why did you really want to come take a walk?" I asked smirking over at him, some confidence coming out.

"So I could do this." He said before looked behind us, looked back at me, and grabbed my waist, shoving me against the dark rocks.

He planted his lips on mine, his hand winding up into my hair as mine did the same.

Our lips moving in sync as he put his hands under my thighs, lifting me off the ground, wrapping my legs around his waist.

The kiss just got even more lustful as he bit my bottom lip, a moan emitting from my mouth as I tugged his blonde hair making him growl.

But this felt wrong.

I wasn't his mate. And he wasn't mine.

+

"Anyway," I said bringing my thoughts back as I sat upright, "It was all rainbows and unicorns at first. Then it started getting weird." I said before taking a bite of my salad.

Alex leaned forward in his seat, listing intently as I spoke.

"Every time I would hug Dylan or a guy, he got a possessive gleam in his eye. Scary almost. And every time we all went out, I had to be by him. Funny really," I said looking at Alex and giving him another sad smile, "Bastard never even asked me out."

"I'm sorry. You know, about all of this. Maybe if I hadn't have said those words to you in the cafeteria that day, you wouldn't have had to experience it," Alex said running a hand down his face and sighed.

Is shook my head, "No. Don't blame yourself. Sooner or later I would have gone. I mean I was depressed about Avery and you know I was Miss Reputation." I said remembering that line from Jay Asher's, Thirteen Reason's Why.

It was true. I didn't have the best reputation in High-school, seeing how people either thought that I was a major whore, or a major loser.

Alex groaned, "Still. It would have been less worse."

I nodded, "Yeah. You were a jackass," I said smirking at him playfully as he rolled his eyes and dipped two finger into his water before flicking them at me.

I gasped, "Dude! That was so uncool! And rude!" Even though I was yelling, I was also laughing because in reality, I didn't really give a shit.

Alex had been cracking up as he pulled out a couple of crumples bills from his wallet, and stood up with his outstretched towards me.

"C'mon. " He said as I grasped his hand, "I want to show you something."

+

We had been walking on our land for about ten minutes before we had had entered the woods, the birds chirping lightly, which made me want to punch them in there tiny bird face.

Grabbing a rock, I growled before launching it at where I though I had heard the bird chirp come from.

"Stupid, no good, annoying birds!" I yelled as a flock of them flew out from the trees. "That's right! You better run!"

Hearing Alex chuckle from behind me, I turned around seeing him leaning against the big tree, his arms folded over his chest.

"You do know birds can't actually run right?" He asked a smile or smirk edging his lips.

"Yes they can." I argued sarcastically.

Alex just shook his head before grabbing my hand and tugging me along with them.

It was silent for a second. Then I heard the chirping.

God damn birds better shut the hell up before I climb up there and-

My thoughts were cut off when Alex squeezed my hand as we entered a large grassy almost meadow looking are with a few weeds, a single tree with a swing attached to the thickest branch.

"Where did you find this?" I asked amazed at how cool it look.

Also it's silence. There were no birds.

"Me, Derek, Mark and a couple other guys would come here to smoke in high school." Alex said a smiling dancing on his lips as he recalled his memories.

"That's lovely. " I muttered under my breath.

I used to smoke when I was sixteen but soon discovered how incredibly gross it actually was. Sixteen was more of my rebellion stage.

"C'mon," Alex said as he tugged me over the swing. "I want to do something. "

Ale sat me in the swing set, as he stood at couple feet away.

Sighing he began to undress as I swung back and forth lightly, "Dude. I mean, I know in hot but I don't think this is the right time and place." I was smirking as he glared over at me, getting his pants off his legs.

"Ha ha. Your so funny." He said sarcastically.

He was now down to only his grey boxers as he walked over to me, his hand on the rope which held the swing.

"I know." I said giving him a large, closed mouth smile.

He was still smiling, but his tone was serious. "Im gonna shift. I want you to, too."

I grimaced, "I guess I can do that. But I don't like shifting." I said sighing as I swung higher in the air.

"Why is that?" Alex questioned as he leaned against the tree.

I shrugged, "Dunno. I don't like my wolf. I haven't shifted in at least a year," I said giving as small smile, "Maybe more."

Alex looked surprised, "How do you keep your wolf at bay?" He asked his eyebrows furrowing.

"She used to be more annoying," I said giving I small laugh, "But being around you makes her happy." I said smiling.

He nodded, "That's good. Alright, I'm gonna shift. Undress." He said nodding towards me.

I smirked, standing up and lifting my shirt over my head exposing my red lace bra, "What? Your not gonna but me a drink first?"

I pulled my skirt off, exposing red underwear as I stepped out of my shoes and pulled my hair out of my bun.

With my hands on my hips, I looked towards him, "You can go now. But I am not ruining a pair of Victoria Secrets underwear. This shit is expensive."

Alex smirked before pulling down his boxers giving me full view of everything.

And I mean everything.

Looking away, I couldn't keep a smile off my face, "Very funny. Now shift." I said as he chuckled before I heard a few cracks and a long, deep growl.

Turning around, Alex was currently a giant black wolf, as he sat patiently watching me.

"You look like an oversized dog," I said teasingly I stuck my tounge out at him before he growled playfully and bug midges me with his nose.

I walked behind the tree before taking a deep breath. Since it had been awhile, I was still a little uneasy about it.

Shaking my head, I took off the rest of my underwear before shifting.

The familiar feeling crawled up my my body as I shifted. I could hear the cracks of my bones, as they broke making this even more painful since I hadn't done it in awhile.

Soon enough, I had landed on two paws, as I shook out my head before trotting around the tree to see Alex.

My wolf was a silvery, grey color as was my brothers, his just darker.

When I had gotten to Alex, he nuzzled his head into my neck as he growled lowly.

Nudging him back, I started to run, as I heard him chasing me, me a couple feet away until he caught up which is what I expected, since he was a fast runner.

'You look hot,' I heard Alex's voice say in my head as he talked.

I rolled my eyes, ' Yeah I know. Hey I have a joke for you,' I said as we both sped up.

I could basically hear Alex roll his eyes at me, 'Go ahead,' he said sighing.

I was grinning a wolf grin as we made it to the pond we were at awhile ago. 'What did the wolf say when someone stepped on his foot?' I asked him.

Alex sighed again as I turned around to face him, 'What?'

Grinning foolishly, I answered, 'Aoooowwwwww!'

I was laughing in my head, which Alex could here just as he began to laugh, 'Your so stupid.'

Shoving him with my head, 'Race you back?' I asked as I started running without and answer.

When we had gotten back to the clearing, I had changed back behind the tree, as I out my clothes back on, before walking over to Alex, who was currently putting on his shirt.

Flipping my hair over, I pulled it all together, before I flipped my head back up putting it into a bun.

"Wanna here another one?" I asked as I made my way over to him still grinning.

Alex just blew out a laugh through his lips as he nodded.

"What did one wolf say to another?" I asked him as we started making our way out of the clearing and into the woods.

"What?" He asked sighing again as he looked down smirking at me.

"Howl's it goin'!"

Alex laughed again, "Your a very original person aren't you?" He asked, still smirking.

"I am indeed." I said smiling proudly.

We continued our way through the woods in a nice silence.

Until I heard those goddamn birds.

+

Me and Alex were in the basement watching a movie. Well were were actually making out, me under him on the couch as I listened to the movie, Alex moving to my neck and biting down.

We were actually watching Blue Crush; Two.

I was obviously the one to pick it out.

I mean cone on, have you seen Chris Fisher in this movie?

We were up to the part when Dana's father had come to JBay and they were on the beach talking.

'Just go home. And leave me the hell alone!' Dana shouted at her father.

Sitting up quickly, I shoved against Alex's chest, him sighing and moving off of me.

Pausing the movie, my eyes widened in recognition, as I began hitting Alex's arm in excitement.

"It's Deucalion! From Teen Wolf! Oh my god!" I shouted happily as I finally figured out who he was.

Alex spoke, "Yay." He said in a monotonous voice, "Can we get back to making out?" He asked as he played the movie.

I nodded slowly keeping my eyes on Deucalion, as I was lowered beneath Alex and he went back to my neck.

When he realized I wasn't paying attention he pinched my arm.

"Ow!" I squealed as I looked at him. "That was mean." I pouted.

Alex smirked before lowing his lips to meet mine, as he muttered a 'shut up.'

And I did.

___________________________

hey! how do you guys like this chapter? and please don't complain if you don't like the flashbacks. They need to be here.

Have any of you read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher? it's an amazing book, just because it makes you think.

Do any of you guys know how to save YouTube videos to you iPhone? please tell me! it would help.

Anyway, what are your guy's favorite artists? or songs?

Personally, I'm in love with Eminem, Luke Bryan, Hunter Hayes and Jason Mraz. I like a lot of music.

We'll tell me what you guys think about this chapter.

Who else hates Nate?

And what do you guys think about Trevor?

And if you guys make anything for this book like, trailers or covers, I would love to see them! and if you have any questions, ask me in my inbox so I can see them.

And if any of you read my boom Cheerleader Meets Badboy, I editors all of it and hopefully will be posting a new chapter soon!

Go read Swimmer and Redo!

See ya!

-k

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 461 7
A mate is something every werewolf looks forward to having. They want to be loved, treasured and safe, but what if the one thing you need protecting...
393K 8.3K 31
Hailey Marten is like every other teenager beside she is a werewolf. Having to move across states because of your parents, is always bad. Being a ne...
542K 15.4K 37
"What do you want now?" she said gritting her teeth as he got closer and closer by every second. "I want nothing else but you Angel..."he whispered...
1.3M 9.5K 11
Avery Williams - a regular pack member. Trent Denver - the alpha. They don't get along, her being too hard-headed and him believing whatever he says...