Betrayed By Fate

By alice-ayuzawa

PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson... More

Author Note
"That smile of yours is haunting me"
Chapter 1 |Wolfsbane
Chapter 2 |Alpha Visitor
Chapter 3 | Escape
Chapter 4 | Jenn
Chapter 5 | Stranger
Chapter 6 | Mate
Chapter 7 | 'Alpha King'
Chapter 8 | Rejection
Chapter 9 | Taunting
Chapter 10 | Awaken
Chapter 11 | Stay
Chapter 13 | Jake
Chapter 14 | Aether
Chapter 15 | Shopping
Chapter 16 | Flower
Chapter 17 | Bloodshed
Chapter 18 | "Lily"
Chapter 19 | Confronting
Chapter 20 | Return
Chapter 21 | Past
Chapter 22 | Brother
Chapter 23 | "Netflix And Chill"
Chapter 24 | Lost
Chapter 25 | Seer
Chapter 26 | Memory
Chapter 27 | Heated
Chapter 28 | Apple
Chapter 29 | Arlen
Chapter 30 | Bunny?
Chapter 31 | I Love You
Chapter 32 | Surprise?
Chapter 33 | Forest
Chapter 34 | "Rogue"
Chapter 35 | Prank
Chapter 36 | "Nothing happened"
Chspter 36.5 | Bonus
Chapter 37 | Kiss
Chapter 38 | Luke
Chapter 39 | R.I.P
Chapter 40 | "I won't"
Chapter 41 | Party
Chapter 42 | "Burn it!"
Chapter 43 | Silver
Chapter 44 | Leave
Chapter 45 | "GIVE ME UNICORNS!"
Chapter 46 | Meeting
Chapter 47 | Zaire
Chapter 48 | Punch Me
New book
Chapter 49 | Save her
Characters Magazine [pleeease read]
Chapter 50 | I Will Tell Him
Chapter 51 | Pain
Hi...please don't kill me A/N
Chapter 52 | Goddess
Chapter 53 | Angel
NOTE
Chapter 54 | Time
Chapter 55 | Blood
Chapter 56 | Home
Chapter 57 | "I love you..."
Chapter 58 | Why
Chapter 59 | You Are Lost
Chapter 60 | Smile
Epilogue |1| Brown
Epilogue |2| Babies
Epilogue |3| Story
Epilogue |4| Mystery?
Q&A (and interesting facts )

Chapter 12 | Tag Along

131K 4.3K 776
By alice-ayuzawa

(Lily's pov)

Last night I had the most peaceful sleep since ages. For that night I forgot all of my worries, just the thought of my mate had that effect on me. I went to witches, doctors, Seers, nobody could help me with my nightmares, strangely I can't remember about what they were.

Maybe it's better.

Brushing my black raven hair, a lot of things came to my mind. How I came here, my mate, Jenn, Redmoon pack...my memory, They.

I finished letting my hair open. I went down the stairs to find Jenn. What I found was way more pleasing, my shirtless mate standing in the kitchen.

Yummy.

...really?

He gave me a brief glance before resuming cooking what looked like pancakes, it is early in the morning, around 5 I think. I sat on a chair by the counter behind him, I kept watching him-

You mean watching his muscles flex.

Yeah yeah.

I saw him shiver under my gaze, I kept a straight face Dahlia smirked at the effect we have on him with just one stare we can make him shiver.

We could do-

Oh shut up.

*whistles*

"Good morning mate" I greeted with a sickly sweet voice to just enjoy his reaction, he turned around and gave me murderous glare before leaving in a hurry with a plate of pancakes.

I laughed inwardly at his attitude, I know he cares, he had an approving look when he saw me wearing his clothes, before he glared at me. It was clearly his wolf because his eye colour changed. You could miss it but my eyes caught the change easily.

Look! On the pan.

Two pancakes which looked perfect, why would he let two perfectly fine pancakes behind?

Mayyyybe for you!

Or he had enough and left them behind?

Yeah sure 5 pancakes will be enough for him.

I went forward to the pancakes taking a bite from the golden good, it was warm and crispy from the outside, I ate the last bite from the fresh handmade pancakes. I put the ingredients away and washed the dirty dishes.

I figured out it would be better to take Dahlia’s approval before I began my plan.

Dahlia, I don't want to do something you won't be happy with he's your mate as much as he is mine and it is...my fault that we didn't find our mate before.

D.o.n.o.t. It was NOT your fault for what happened, you still don't have your complete memory back.

She growled lowly.

What are you planning?

Her voice a little on edge. I smirked at her inwardly.

Do you want to spent the day with our mate?

Her tail wiggled while her tongue hang out of her mouth.

Really!! Can we?

Yep. But if he likes it is another story.

How? He won’t let us near him let alone be with him the whole day.

Let that be my problem.

I watched TV for an hour waiting for Jenn to wake up, at 6 I heard the Omegas coming in the kitchen, I got sick of watching TV so I decided to play with the Omegas. I walked in the kitchen with a blank expressionless fece, my steps almost unnoticed. Their attention snapped to me watching my every move with incertituide. They sniffed the air to look at me confused.

I don't have a scent.

Since I woke up from the cell incedent I didn't have a scent, I am neither a rogue or pack member that must make them look at me like..like I am a monster. What I might be, not going to deny that.

Don't say that.

I ignored her and the looks I got from the Omegas.  "Do you need help?" They were about to say no but I helped anyway not caring. I put things out to make pancakes with choco-chips and some with with fruits.

The three young Omegas hesitated before resuming cooking breakfast. The girl beside me was frying some eggs."Put some oregano and cheese on half of it" she warily did what I told her. Left from me was a girl frying sausages. "Cut them open in an X , let them roast for sometime, put half of it away, then put some garlic with fresh cream and an egg in the rest." She did what she was told without asking, I think they assume I am from another pack or some high ranked brat.

We finished setting the table with salad and orage juice. Cereal for who wants to. I took 3 plates out and put something from each dish and handed each of the omegas one plate, they thought at first that they have to deliver it.

"No, it is for you. We made too much for those who are here. It is just the Alpha, his mate, and the Gamma"

They gave me a broad smile which I didn't respond to "Thank you" I nodded nonchalantly

"You should have breakfast before starting work" I gave them an orange juice bottle before they left.

I heard the creaking of the stairs, Jenn came down the stairs rubbing her eyes. She had an oversized T-shirt with basketball shorts that almost weren't visible from the big shirt.

Let me guess, his clothes?

Yep, his scent is all over her.

A shirtless Zaire came down wrapping his arms around her waist sniffing her hair, she didn't look uncomfortable more like she was relaxed.

They sat down, looking confused at the veriety of the same dish.

"There are two varieties of each one, the Omegas figured to make knew things their Luna might like" "and of course their Alpha" I added.

I made myself a latte taking a seat, watching their reaction.

Why did you cook for them?

After a wonderful breakfast, who could say no to a request?

When I thought you did it out of kindness.

Hah.

I saw that Jenn liked all of my new creations , it slid an unintentional smile on my lips which I quickly shook off. "Where do the Omegas live?" I asked, Jenn stiffed at the question.

"In a house behind the pack house" Zaire answered with ease, he doesn't know that Jenn was an Omega, otherwise he would had a look of consideration.

He stood up to grab a shirt completely oblivious at the jealous glare Jenn gives me from time to time.

When I was sure he was out of reach I picked the plates and started to do the wash up Jenn joined me with a small smile humming a melody, unaware that I caught her jealous glares even though I was looking out of the window.

"So J.J how are things with Zaire?"

"What does J.J means?"

I smirked at her " Jealous Jenn" she blushed crimson "You noticed? Sorry I couldn't control it"

"Honestly I am the last person you have to worry about" she sighed in relief " Sorry, you are really pretty and so mature, my wolf couldn't help herself-"

"Jenn you are gorgeous not just from the outside," she wanted to disagree but kept quiet.

"You still haven't told him you were an Omega" she stilled almost dropping a plate "No" she responded to my statement.

"I won’t tell him but you have to eventually, otherwise he will hurt you without knowing"

She nodded her head in defeat. She quickly changed the subject " What are you going to do with Jake?"

"With that... I wanted to spend more time with him and wanted to ask you to help me"

"Of course, how can I help?"

I am also curious what she can do

"Can you ask Zair to take the day off and close the mind link. Spend the whole day with him"

"What! No, he'll think I am needy and clingy" I gave her pleading pout.

I am going to throw up from this sweet plead. Yuck.

Evil.

"Please, I want to spend the day with Jake, if Zaire gives him orders or work I can't stay with him 'cause it is pack matters" she sighed in defeat. I gave her quick hug seeing Zaire coming down with wet hair and a towel on his shoulder.

Was wondering why he needed so long to just change.

Are you thinking what I am?

Oh yes.

I pulled away "You don't need to be so jealous, he is all yours"

She looked at me her cheeks tainted red " I said I am sorry that I glared at you unintentionally"

I looked over her to see an love struck Alpha, a cocky smirk gracing his features.

Good.

Still evil.

"Jenn tell him now and make sure to open your eyes wide and pout" I turn her around, she looked confused until she saw her mate.

I patted her back before going away.

"LILYYYYYY! YOU WILL PAY" she growled lowly before I heard her shriek. My job is done.

Now I see.

Help me find him.

I went into the woods following his scent, border patrol.

Probably to avoid us.

So?

Lily you are different, even though you have a part of your memory back, you are..acting normal. You show emotions or some.

Just knowing that we have a mate. Seeing him can make you....amenable.

I wanted to return to my old self but every time I see him ...it gives me hope. Never thought I would say the word 'hope'

I am scared, scared that he will not accept us, I am afraid you would become worse than before. I don't want to see you like that.

He is the only reason I kept going, if he also leaves me then that is what the 'moon goddess' wrote for me.

Since when did YOU of all people believe in the moon goddess?

I could hear him growl lowly, feeling my presence. "What are you doing here?" He spat out. "Alpha Zaire told me that I should follow you and learn how the pack works"

His eyes glazed over for a second but returned quickly to their original ice blue colour,
"Why isn't the Alpha responding, he even closed the link"

I smirked inwardly at that," So, will you show me the pack or not? It was the Alpha's order after all"

He sighed annoyed and walked away I took that as a yes and followed him walking a metre beside him. We passed houses people greeted him and looked at me confused.  We stopped at a small shop I waited outside to see him coming out with a bag filled with all kinds of toys.

We continued to walk in silence, I didn't mind it, his presence alone has a soothing effect on me.

I could hear children's laugher. An orphanage came into view all the children on the playground stopped to play and stormed at us or more like at Jake.

"Betaaa" They shouted, running to him happily. He glared at me to go away from the kids I didn't complain and went to look around.

Do you think children are scared of us?

Maybe.

I walked around the building, it was a classic dark wooden one story house, the dark oak wood gives a cozy feeling to it. A group of girls were playing with dolls in one of the rooms, the window was tainted so I couldn't see clear. A girl with long dark blonde hair and hazel eyes was in the middle laughing enjoying herself.

She does look like Jenn a bit...

..you think so?

I returned to the playground to see him about to leave, I just quietly followed him. I knew he felt my presence, the small 'tsk' didn't escape my observant ears.

"What are your hobbies?" I made the first move to break the ice.

He stayed silent.

"What is your favourite food?"

He stayed silent.

"When is your birthday?"I figured he won't answer so I kept going.
"What is your favourite colour?"
"Do you have siblings?"
"Why were we at the orphanage?"
"How old are you?"
"Do you still love her?"

In the matter of a second he had me pinned on a tree with both my hands above my head, me still being in his clothes didn't help at all, he glared at me with anger, his face became red his arms flexed as his body stiffed.

My body went numb, air wouldn't reach my lungs. His iron grib hurt, I couldn’t explain why but my body refused to react I didn't notice that tears were on the verge of falling. My head hung low, my legs started to shake violently, the only thing holding me up was his grib.

His short harsh breath brushed my ear as he whispered.

"Mention her one more time and you'll see" he threatened

I fell on the cold ground as he let go and took a step back. I could feel his burning gaze on me.

"You are so weak, why did the moon goddess give me such a weakling as a mate"

Lily don't listen! You are not weak!

Dahlia..what is wrong... with me ....I can't breath.

You could say that.... your body is having a panic attack..a really bad one.

He left.

I stumbled into the wood the best I could do.

I felt cold.

Like all the blood was drained from me, I lied on the ground a good distance from the pack house trying to catch my breath failing miserably, the burning in my lungs becoming worse by the second.

I tried to scream but nothing came out.

I lost my conscious.

*************

I woke up in the same position I fainted.

Are you okay?

I am better than before. What happened to me?

...you got triggered?

Really?..Really? 

I can't tell you, you have to wait.

I went deeper into the forest. My ears twitched at the sound of rushing water, a river is nearby.

I went to the direction, an strong aura was coming from there the same I felt when I came to the pack house.

I saw the so called 'Alpha King' sitting on the ground watching the water glister and rush by.

"What are you doing here?" He asked without sparing me a glance. "Your Beta kind of left me behind" I chuckled darkly.

I sat beside him.

"You aren't giving up?"

"Not yet, I have all time I need to let him get to know me"  we stared staight at the river the noon wind fanning our faces.

"You aren't really like the stories at all. The cold merciless 'Alpha King' "

"Trust me you haven't seen anything yet, most of the stories are true. I am just good to you because you helped Jenn" His tone was warning, A warning at me to not try anything stupid.

Didn't expect more

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be lovey dovey with your mate?"

"Jenn locked herself in because I teased her too much" He smiled at the memory.

It is unusual to see an Alpha love struck like that.

Mates I guess.

I guess it is the perfect time to get some things off my chest.

"I warned you once, hurt her and you'll see "My voice turned cold, he growled at me not liking my disrespectful tone, I could care less.

"You don't know me but I know enough about you. I could destroy you and your pack in less than an hour" I stated.

His canines were out, his growl threatening, it didn't faze me as I just sat there not even looking at him, that provoked him more he lung out for a punch.

"You could try to kill me" he stopped in his tracks.

I could care less about his pack.

What about mate? You know it is not that simple.

Of course we would spare him.

"I would love to see you succeed. You are still green behind the ears" I stood up dusting my (Jake's) basketball shorts. Our eyes intertwined my silver eyes meeting his dark brown ones. My gaze was cold, hard not wavering.

He took a step back his eyes wide " Who are you?"  His now amber glowing eyes staring at me, his wolf was out.

I could see the dread in his eyes even though he kept it hidden "As long as you keep Jenn save I am just a mere rogue"

"DON'T JOKE WITH ME! Don't think that no one noticed that your scent changed" he chuckled humorlessly "Change isn't really a good definition, your scent vanished completely!"

"As long as you keep Jenn save I am just a mere rouge, you don't have to worry about your pack at all plus I could be an enhancement to your pack as long there's something holding me here"

I was about to leave but he had to ask more questions.

"Is Jake one of the reasons?"

"What?"

"One of the things holding you back."

I didn't answer he kept going " You have to know Jake isn't from this pack, he was the only survivor of a rouge attack at the age of 9. We took him in on my wish. Since then he became like a brother to me"

"I know" I  whispered under my breath.

Lily get yourself together.

It was the voice.

Don't think too much about it.

"What?" He asked.

"That would explain why he didn’t give the same vibe out as the pack members "

"Be patient with him, he has waited for his mate for years but gave up" his voice was sincere, he cares about him. But I could feel that he hated talking to me about it.

"Trust me nobody understands that more than me" I looked him directly in the eyes.

And with that I left to the pack house.

I saw Jake in the kitchen, it was now afternoon. Jenn was no where in sight. He left the kitchen with an annoyed growl.

I didn't feel like eating so I went for a run Dahlia has been bugging me about it for so long.

I returned at midnight, showerd and went to bed, before I fell asleep I heard the creak of the wooden floor as someone passed my room.

He was here again.

       •••••••••••••••◇••••••••••••••••◇•••••••••••••••◇••••••••••••••••◇•••••••••••••••◇••••••••••••••

Hi..

*hides behind a bullet proof glass windows*

I am not sorry.

Ok I am but that is not the point.

Ok it is.

*sighes* I am sorry for not updating for so long I know I said I would but somethings came up and I couldn't find the time to write. Trust me the last week was busy reaaaaaslllyy busy.

Forgiven?

I am thinking about doing a Jake POV soon.

Thoughts?

I don't have any idea how to do an boy's point of view so that would be intresting.

Tips?

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE?

ENJOY <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 15.9K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
30.2K 704 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
2.6M 95.1K 61
THEY REJECTED ME and I BECAME SACRED. If only that night didn't come, maybe my family will love me again, maybe I won't see hate and disgust in my p...
779K 17.7K 30
PREVIOUSLY CALLED: Rejected, Perfected "I Greg Wilson, alpha of the Red Moon pack, reject you, Samantha Nightwing, as my mate and future Luna" he wh...