Stand By Me

By the-hidden-will

What happens when two heirs of two noble clans clash? This story is a romantic journey between Aya Hyuga, and... More

Background Information
STAND BY ME - chapter 01
STAND BY ME - chapter 02
STAND BY ME - chapter 03
STAND BY ME - chapter 04
STAND BY ME - chapter 05
STAND BY ME - chapter 06
STAND BY ME - chapter 07
STAND BY ME - chapter 08
STAND BY ME - chapter 09
STAND BY ME - chapter 10
STAND BY ME - chapter 11
STAND BY ME - chapter 12
STAND BY ME - chapter 13
STAND BY ME - chapter 14
STAND BY ME - chapter 15
STAND BY ME - chapter 16
STAND BY ME - chapter 17
STAND BY ME - chapter 18
STAND BY ME - chapter 19
STAND BY ME - chapter 20
STAND BY ME - chapter 21
STAND BY ME - chapter 22
STAND BY ME - chapter 23
STAND BY ME - chapter 24
STAND BY ME - chapter 25
STAND BY ME - chapter 27
STAND BY ME - chapter 28
STAND BY ME - chapter 29
STAND BY ME - chapter 30
STAND BY ME - chapter 31
STAND BY ME - chapter 32
STAND BY ME - chapter 33
STAND BY ME - chapter 34
STAND BY ME - chapter 35

STAND BY ME - chapter 26

5.8K 193 71
By the-hidden-will

"She was deeply upset by your absence at first, I won't lie, Itachi." Shisui said, sitting beside his friend on the grass, "But you can't blame her. Anyway, I've protected her just like you've asked."

"Thank you for that." Itachi looked at his friend, "No one else would have waited like she has. I knew she would have faith in me."

"Well, you got that right." Shisui pat Itachi on his back, "Congratulations on the proposal. I'm proud of you."

"Ah."

"Now you've just got to let Hiashi-sama and Fugaku-sama know." Shisui said, teasing Itachi. Shisui knew Itachi was somewhat intimidated by the thought of Aya's father.

"That's the first thing I'll do this morning."

---

"Hiashi-sama." Itachi sat before my father, and I was by his side.

"I understand you've just returned from a long-term mission, yes?" Hiashi said, strictness in his voice, arms crossed. Itachi nodded.

"I'll have you know, my daughter argued for you passionately every time someone dare beseech the integrity that is your name, because that is the kind of person my precious daughter is." Hiashi added. I gulped, because not only was it true, but I was beginning to get nervous. Itachi's eyes lowered.

"I'm aware." Itachi bowed, both his hands sprawled onto the matt, "Please find it in you to forgive me. I have come here to ask you one thing."

"Oh? And that is?"
"Your daughter's hand in marriage."

Hiashi's expression turned from stern and upright scary, to being surprised and slightly shocked. The next few minutes were painfully silent. I looked at my father and was hoping he would come to some kind of resolve, to say yes, because my family knew how much I had loved this man beside me.

"Knowing you, and my daughter, both of you must have come to this conclusion after careful thought. Very well then, you have my blessings." My father said, swiftly. My eyes widened, and a smile cracked.

"I'm honoured." Itachi bowed, "Now, I must inform my father. Aya and I will get going."

"You've informed me before you've informed your own father?" Hiashi asked, he seemed rather calm now.

"Yes. It's more important to me that Aya and her family is comfortable." Itachi answered. I glanced at Itachi, a light blush on my cheeks. How thoughtful he is.

My father closed his eyes and a small smile appeared on his face. "I understand. Now, get going."

Both Itachi and I left my father's room and head to Fugaku's house.

---

"Is this too much?" I said, playing with the hem of my off-white kimono.
"It's just fine." Itachi smiled.
"I haven't seen your parents in a while, so I want to make a lasting impression." I said, dreamily looking at the sky. I was finally going to be with the man I love the most.

---

"Fugaku-san, Mikoto-san." I bowed, acknowledging Itachi's parents, who were sitting before Itachi and I.

"It's been a while." Fugaku spoke, his eyes closed. Mikoto was smiling.
"It has been, my apologies for not stopping by too much. But..." I glanced at both his parents, and then to Itachi.

"I've asked for Aya's hand in marriage." Itachi interjected, and at that moment, Fugaku's eyes snapped wide-open. Mikoto was shocked, but clearly happy by her son's decision.

"Aya Hyuga's hand in marriage?" Fugaku repeated, glancing at me.
"Yes." Itachi responded, defiantly.

"You have our blessings." Fugaku said. "You two are old enough to know that the merging of two illustrious clans will be a handful, yes?"

"Yes. I've already prepared some accommodations from the Hyuga clan's side." I eagerly answered. It was unknown to me how much paperwork was involved until of lately. Mikoto was resisting a laugh at my clear enthusiasm. I smiled at her, because she knew exactly how I felt.

"You are a patient woman, Aya." Fugaku said with closed eyes. "Waiting for my son like you have done, continuing to have faith in him."

"I would have waited longer if I had to. I understand Itachi comes first as an Uchiha shinobi, and I am here to help him through that." I nodded my head, smiling at the both of Itachi's parents, whom seemed quite happy.

---

"Now that the frightening part is over..." I smiled, looking at Itachi, "I got into touch with a wedding planner. She'll help us plan the reception and the ceremony, since we're both so busy."

Itachi nodded. Both of us were sitting on a long dock made of wood, our feet dipped into the warm summer water. Itachi looked at me.

"Aya?" He said.
"Mhm?"
"Get your things packed. You're moving in with me."

"What?!" I said, my eyes became bigger. "Moving in? When? When did you-"

"I've been looking at a couple of places. There's a nice settlement near the Hokage's tower."

"Near the Hokage's tower?" I repeated his words outloud. It was an upscale neighbourhood. "But... it's outside of the Uchiha district. Isn't it too far?" It was far from the Hyuga's main household as well.

"Don't worry about that. You and I can manage." He chimed me a smile.

Both of us had spent some time looking at the river flowing. I had realized it was just him and I after so long.

"I miss you, Itachi."
"I miss you too." He held onto my hand, "You can't imagine."
I looked up to him and noticed how his voice was laced with guilt.

"What's wrong, Itachi?"
"I just feel guilty for leaving the village like that, after realizing I've been falling in love with you."
"Don't say that." I gripped his hand, "You're doing your best. Besides, you're here now."
"You're right."
"How did your parents react to your return?" I asked, curiously.
"My father was happy. My mother gave me an earful. Sasuke was content as well."
I giggled.

"This is the first time we've been alone since you coming back." I noted outloud. Itachi's soft eyes landed onto mine.

"Trust me, there will be many more moments to come." Itachi said, smirking. I knew what he meant. My face became flushed, and I hid my face away from his. What was I going to do when the time came to consummate our marriage? "Now that we'll be moving in together, I mean." Itachi added.

"Gotchya." I said, giggling. "This is finally happening. You and I." I clutched his hand.

"Just you and I." Itachi said, his voice was soft.

---

My body was covered in sweat.
"I didn't know moving in would be this exhausting." I said, hauling boxes and passing them onto Itachi.

"The house is coming together, don't you think?" He smiled, he seemed so happy. Like this is all he wanted in life. It made me feel warm to know that I was a part of his dream.

"It is!" I jumped, excited, "This is the last box, let's go inside."
I made my way inside our home, and I immediately plopped myself onto the couch. I was so tired, I felt like my body was sinking into the soft material.

"Itachi," I mumbled, earning a curious look from him, "I'm sleepy."

"Go to sleep." He said, shuffling around the kitchen.
"Come... nap with me." I grabbed a blanket from one of the boxes. Itachi hesitated in his footsteps for a second, eyeing the fluffy comforter in my hands.
"Okay." He finally said.
I layed down on the couch and curled right next to Itachi, the comforter covering the both of us now, his arms holding me close to him. My head was on his chest, I could hear his heartbeat, it was so calming. It lulled me to sleep.
"Good..night.." I muttered, even though it wasn't late, earning a soft laugh from Itachi.
"Goodnight, Princess." Was the last thing I heard.

---

My eyes slowly flickered awake, my head still resting on Itachi's chest. I looked up to him, and saw him eyeing the ceiling. 

"Itachi?" I mumbled, my voice was raspy.
"You're awake." He gently smiled.
"Mmm." I rubbed my eyes, and realized what I had done. "Oh my god. I just drooled on your shirt." I wiped my lips, embarrassed.
"It's fine." Itachi laughed, and pulled me in closer to him, his hand ran through my locks. "You must have been tired. You slept so peacefully."
I blushed a little.
"And what about you?" I asked curiously.
"I didn't rest for too long." 

I pouted. "I hope I wasn't the reason..."
"You weren't. I'm just not too tired."
"Ah." I wrapped my arm around him, like I didn't want him to leave me ever again.
"Aya?"

"Itachi?"

"I love you."
My arm wrapped around him a little tighter now, as a tear streamed down my face. All it took was four years later to hear those words again. 
"I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 8.2K 27
In the Hyuuga clan, there were two important families that feuded for hundreds of years . One day, they both came to a decision, that the daughter a...
76.2K 2.5K 17
this is a story between uchiha sasuke and hyuga hinata accidentaly having a son Credits to:SilverKitsune2017
18.3K 478 22
As a member of the Uchiha clan, there are certain things you expect in life. Awakening your Sharingan, mastering gen-jutsu, but falling in love? That...
76K 3.1K 19
All Minato and Shikaku wants to do is raise their sons. All Shikamaru wants to do is protect Naruto from the men in the village. All Naruto wants t...