Heatstroke (Jack Frost, Rise...

By FlorindaBrydon

"You know I have never been good with heat. Why me!" Jack Frost has been a Guardian for two years now and li... More

Authors note please read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
New Beginnings the Sequel for Heatstroke

Chapter 5

1.3K 50 24
By FlorindaBrydon

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'How could you have cut the bottom of both your feet! There is nothing but soft ice in here! It's impossible!' North asked obviously confused.

'Maybe that's because he didn't.' Bunny replied while inspecting the ground, looking for anything sharp.

'What's that supposed to mean?' I ask while carefully standing up, trying not to cause any more pain to my feet.

'The girl? Could it be the link? Maybe she is the one who is hurt?' North spoke, worry clear in his voice.

A sharp pain hit my right knee and the back of my head, making me gasp out in pain as I slipped backwards onto the ice covered floor.

'We need to find her immediately!' North ordered with a loud, stern voice.

'No kidding.' I said while gritting my teeth from the pain in my feet, knee, and head. Although my head only felt like it had a small bump on the back. Nothing too serous. What's happening to her? Is she getting beat up or something? Well what ever is happening, I don't like it, one bit!

'Oh, that's where you went!' I whispered while shuffling over to grab my staff that was under the table.

'Now that we know she exists, othas will be afta 'er.' Bunny added to North's statement.

'Others? Who else is looking for her and why is she so important?' I asked limping, trying to keep up with them.

'Don't you worry mate, we'll find her.' Bunny reassured me.

'I know we'll find her. I just want to know why you aren't telling me who, other than us, are also after her.' I asked getting slightly annoyed.

'We are not entirely sure who could be after her but if dark or evil find her before we do, everything we know and love, will be destroyed.' The way North said that last part, scared me to no end.

'North, what does that mean? Destroyed, why is she so important?' Ok, not only am I repeating myself like an idiot, but I am now totally freaked out! What happens to us if evil finds her? Who or what exactly is "Evil"? Could it be Pitch? No, we defeated him over 2 years ago.

'Jack, she is the 6th Guardian. It is foretold by Man In Moon, that when the 6th Guardian is chosen they will have the power to banish all Evil from this world, forever. This is why we have to find her and keep her safe. If evil does find her, they will not hesitate to kill her or worse, turn her evil and make her join the Dark Side. If she is as powerful as we believe and she turns bad on us, nothing we have could stop her! She will slaughter all of us without hesitation.'

I swallowed hard, what did the Man In The Moon link me to!?

North had his hands on my shoulders and was glaring at me, right in the eyes, making me shutter. But suddenly his face broke into a smile

'But that would never happen because we are the only ones who know her exact location! To the sleigh!' He shouted loudly as we all raced to the sleigh.

When we reached the sleigh both Tooth and Sandy were waiting for us. As soon as Tooth saw me she squealed something that sounded like my name and with lighting speed, flew over and hugged me really tight.

Wow, did she just hug me? I must have really scared them. I didn't know they even cared about me. I haven't really been here for that long, but they have made me feel so welcome. I have friends! Real friends! Ones who can actually see me!

'Oh Jack! You had us all so worried!' Tooth explained while pulling away from the hug.

'You... You were worried?' I asked, making her blush.

'Umm.. Yeah..' Tooth looked up from her fumbling hands and gasped at me.

'Jack your head! It's bleeding!' She exclaimed panicking.

'It is?!' I replied as I wiped my hand across my forehead and winced in pain when my fingers rubbed against something above my left eyebrow.

'I didn't hit my head. I didn't, I swear!' I shouted slightly panicked.

'Quickly! All of you, into the sleigh!' North said while griping the reins.

We all boarded the sleigh. Well, all except Bunny. As per-usual he was making a fuss about how his tunnels were faster and safer, also it was his country so he should travel there how he liked. But North told him it was perfectly safe and that he didn't have a choice. With that, North grabbed Bunny by his sash, lifted him off the ground and threw him into the back of the sleigh.

'And we're off!' North shouted loudly, laughing as the sleigh launched into the ice tunnels, on its way to the surface.

We were going so fast and even though I was in a lot of pain I couldn't help but laugh too. I looked over my shoulder to see Tooth and Sandy had their hands up like it was a roller-coaster ride. Bunny didn't look as excited as the rest of us, he seemed some what unhappy.

We exited the ice tunnels and were now flying high into the crisp open air. It was dark, the only light was coming from the full moon. The time must be something past midnight, how long was I asleep in the freezer? It was morning when they had put me in there.

'Jack, will you be ok in Australia? It's going to be really hot down there and I don't want you to get hurt.' Tooth said while patching up the gash on my forehead.

She had a point, I didn't even think about whether it was safe for me to even go there, it's too late to turn back now.

'Don't you worry I'll be fine, it's like midnight, so how hot could it really be over there?' I replied. Bunny rolled his eyes at me and shook his head.

'Mate, it's not midnight ova there. It's more like mid-da-'

'Wait! Stop! North stop the sleigh!' I yelled cutting Bunny off.

He immediately stopped the sleigh and turned to see what caused me to yell like that. We were now floating in mid-air. North, Sandy, Tooth and Bunny were all staring at me, waiting.

'Jack?' North asked slowly while kneeling down next to me.

'I feel something. Something weird.' I tell them. 'I think it's her... emotions.' I say looking up at them, my voice slightly pitched with confusion.

'Is it a good feelin or a bad one? Stupid question, I know, but an'sa it anyway. ' Asked Bunny who was also sitting next to me.

'Umm... I'm not sure. I can't tell if it's her or me.' I was holding my head in my hands trying to block out the pain of her injuries and the sudden rush of emotions. It was too overwhelming, all of this stuff I had never felt before. I don't know how to process all of this sudden information, there is too much noise! What did I do? Aghh it's giving me such a bad headache!

Then I felt a tap on my right shoulder, I looked up to see Sandy writing something in Dreamsand above his head.

'Jack, don't fight it. The link between you and the girl is growing, that is all. Let the link do what it was made to do and listen to it. What is it trying to tell you? Yes she is hurt, but is she in danger?' Sandy seemed to know exactly what was happening. So I did as he instructed by closing my eyes and concentrating.

'She's scared.' I spoke out loud so they could all hear and know what was going on.

'What do you mean scared?' Tooth asked.

'Aghh... I don't know. All I feel is fear and anger. Something's happening, she is in danger.' I said as I opened my eyes and stood up.

'North, do you have a plan? What do we do when we find-' I stopped mid-sentence, for some reason I couldn't muster enough breath to finish because it felt like all of the air had been sucked out of my lungs. I couldn't breathe. The wind had been knocked out of me, gasping for air I dropped my staff and fell to my knees, coughing and choking on the air that struggled to enter my lungs.

'Crikey! Mate! Somebody do something!?' Bunny shouted in a panic.

'The girl, something is happening!' North yelled.

'Jack, honey, look at me. Hey, we can't have you passing out, so please try and focus your breathing.' Tooth said while softy rubbing my back, attempting to help keep me calm.

'We have to find her at once!' North yelled grabbing a snow globe from his pocket. He held it in his left hand and in his right was that strange black box from earlier. He quickly read the numbers that were still on the sides of the box aloud, shook the snow globe and threw it over the edge of the sleigh. A portal opened and we flew strait into it.

|

|

|

|

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The leader of the hunting party fired his gun into the sky causing my horse to rear up in shock. I screamed as I slipped off her back and fell, hitting the ground so hard the wind was knocked completely out of me. I was stuck laying on my back gasping for what little breath my lungs would let me have.

Rendered completely immobile,  I looked up to see the man towering over me. He reloaded his gun and held it to my neck so the barrel of the gun was touching my skin. I let out a small whimper when it touched my neck, not out of fear of being shot, but out of pain. The barrel was hot from being fired and it was burning two large circles into the base of my neck.

'I'll give ya a small tip. Don't ride bareback, ya could fall off!' He and the other men laughed hysterically. 'Ya know, I've always wanted to say this. Any last words?' He said as he pressed the gun harder onto my throat.

I was so scared, my whole body was paralysed, everything was numb. The only thing I could think about was Jessica. I never wanted this to go as far as it did. After they kill me they would most likely raid the house, stealing what ever is worth anything and smashing the rest. 

If they found little Jessica... What would they do to her? Kill her? Rape her? That thought alone brought me to tears. I have never felt so helpless, just lying there.

Mum trusted me to protect my sister and I've failed! My stupid act has cost us both our lives! I closed my eyes tight, tears streaming down my face, waiting for the gun to fire.

There was a loud explosion that sounded like lightning followed by the hunter's yelling.

That's it! I'm dead! Wait, I don't feel anything. I quickly opened my eyes to see the man that had been standing over me had been knocked backwards, into another one of the men. The ground around me was completely covered in ice!

'What the hell was that!' One of the men yelled. 'I-I don't see anything!' Another man stuttered. 'Get her!' They all yelled as they took aim and open fired towards me.

'Get up!' I heard a young boy's voice yell from behind me. Without thinking I quickly rolled to my right dodging the bullets and grabbing my bow. My quiver which held my arrows was still around my waist. I quickly jumped to my feet and fired an arrow strait through one man's boot. He fell back screaming in pain. I have a pinpoint aim and I never miss my target.

A boy with ice white hair appears out of nowhere and joins me by my side. 'Who the hell are you?' I yell over to him. Trying to speak over the gun fire and.... Lightning?!

'I'm backup!' He yelled back. We were standing back to back, spinning in a full circle. He was blasting ice at the bullets with his staff, stopping them from hitting us. He was moving so fast! Impossibly fast. It was like he could see the bullets coming and knew exactly where to strike long before they were fired! How was he doing that?!

It turns out the hunters had backup as well and before we knew it, there were more than 10 men circling us with guns!

Yep we're dead! I hope this boy didn't come alone and has backup of his own too. If not, we're more dead than dead.

Although, with the way these men were shooting at us, in a fully closed circle, fact proves we should have been shot dead long ago. How are we still standing!

I continued firing my arrows. Aiming for their feet, hands and arms. I didn't want to seriously hurt them but I didn't want them to hurt me or this boy who was somehow trying to save me. I had no other choice.

A/N

Ooooo, so we are finally getting into the action parts! I'm so excited! I hope you are enjoying this story!

Sorry for any mistakes, I'll fix them when I find them.

Thanks for reading and voting!

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 349 64
A Rise of the Guardians/Frozen Fanfiction He was the only friend she'd ever had. She was the first one to see him. And then he was gone. Five year...
9.8K 302 13
How did it happen? ~He met you by chance one night, and no matter how hard you try, you can't escape him. Even though you say you don't really belie...
74.5K 1.8K 11
Before Jack Frost and even before the 4 Legendary Guardians & Pitch, there was the first guardian made my Manny; her name, Angela. She fought the boo...
7.5K 124 20
Alexandra Barrow was a normal girl of sixteen when she died in 1626. While saving her brother from a mountain lion, she was attacked and killed by th...