Myles and Cole

By avalonbwriting

Quiet and anxious, Myles is a bundle of nerves entering his sophomore year of high school after being homesch... More

Author's Note (PLEASE READ)
Chapter 1 | Myles
Chapter 2 | Cole
Chapter 3 | Myles
Chapter 4 | Cole
Chapter 5 | Myles
Chapter 6 | Cole
Chapter 7 | Myles
Chapter 8 | Cole
Chapter 9 | Myles
Chapter 10 | Cole
Chapter 11 | Myles
Chapter 12 | Cole
Chapter 13 | Myles
Chapter 14 | Cole
Chapter 15 | Myles
Chapter 16 | Cole
Chapter 17 | Myles
Chapter 18 | Cole
Chapter 19 | Myles
Chapter 20 | Cole
Chapter 21 | Myles
Chapter 22 | Cole
Chapter 23 | Myles
Chapter 24 | Cole
Chapter 25 | Myles
Chapter 26 | Cole
Chapter 27 | Myles
Chapter 28 | Cole
Chapter 30 | Cole
Chapter 31 | Myles
Chapter 32 | Cole
Chapter 33 | Myles
Chapter 34 | Cole
Chapter 35 | Myles
Chapter 36 | Cole
Chapter 37 | Myles
Chapter 38 | Cole
Chapter 39 | Myles
Chapter 40 | Cole (END)

Chapter 29 | Myles

191K 7.4K 5.9K
By avalonbwriting

A sigh of relief exited my body as I left the principal's office. Glad that was over. My brother and Cole were by my side, still tense from the previous events. Neither of them were particularly happy with the outcome and I couldn't blame them. It wasn't fair that the both of them received a punishment for trying to defend me. Of course, I was grateful for their protection but it made me guilty that they constantly had to offer it because I couldn't help myself.

The scowl Cole wore on his face was intimidating. His lips were somewhat turned upwards in a sneer and his furrowed brows caused creases between them. I had the urge to smoothen out those creases with my fingertips.

"Myles." Mycah turned to me. "I think you should come out to mum and dad."

I looked up at him. Was he being serious?

"What? No, Mycah," I told him.

"Yes, you have to. You need to. Everyone knows now, it's unfair to keep hiding this from them," He explained.

"No, p-please. I can't have them hate me. The school I can handle, but mum and dad, no way! Don't make me!" I pleaded.

Mycah grabbed both my shoulders and looked me in the eye. "Yes. Come on, we can do it right now when we get home."

I shook my head.

"Don't pressure him," Cole said.

Mycah narrowed his eyes at him, then he sighed.

"Oh, what about if Cole came home with us? He will be right by your side and of course I will be too. Beside mum already knows Cole."

Cole looked at me and nodded with his eye brows raised.

"Fine, o-okay. I'll do it. As long as Cole comes." I gave in.

"Alrighty, it's settled."

My nerves about meeting Cole's parents were nothing compared to him meeting mine.

I twiddled my thumbs and tapped my feet against the floor the whole ride home.

Cole decided to sit in the backseat to comfort me. It worked, until it didn't and we were already getting out of the car.

My parents have never really seemed homophobic. Bit at the same time it they've never really been too fond about homosexuality.

"Hey, were gonna be fine," Mycah assured me and gave me a pat on the back.

I gave a meek smile in response.

"If worse comes to worse, you can live with me," Cole said, half-heartedly.

That doesn't really help my nerves.

I let out a deep breath and stepped inside.

The house was filled with the smell of my mum's cooking. She must've started getting dinner ready early.

My dad looked over at us from where he was sitting on the vouching watching tv. "Hey, boys. Good day at school?"

I nodded.

"And who is this kid, one of your friends? Mycah?" My dad asked.

Hey, Cole could be my friend too.

"I'm Cole, sir. Nice to meet you." He replied politely.

"Ah, don't bother about formalities, call me Andrew." My dad chuckled.

"Boys, dears, are you home from school- Mycah! Oh, what happened to you're face?" My Mum exclaimed as she entered the lounge room.

I look over at Mycah's bloodied and bruised face. I guess we should've gotten him to clean up a bit before coming home. The bruises would still be noticeable, though.

"Well, actually I- we need to talk to you about that," Mycah said.

"Did you do this?" My mum asked Cole, while pointing at Mycah's face.

"What, no. Of course not," Cole replied.

My mum hummed, "Okay."

"What did you want to talk to us about?" My dad asked.

"I got into a fight," Mycah stated.

"Mycah, that's not like you. What was the fight about?" My mum inquired.

"I was just defending Myles." Said my brother.

"Defending him? Myles what's going on? Are you being bullied?" My mum looked really worried.

Mycah nudged me with his elbow. "Tell them."

"I-I'm not being bullied, not really. But a guy tried to beat me up b-because he found out..." I glanced at Cole and shook my head.

You can do it, he mouthed.

"Uh, um, I'm gay," I squeaked pathetically.

"Pardon?" My mum inhaled.

"Myles, what on earth?" My dad said.

I grimaced. I felt a big warm hand on my shoulder.

"I said-"

"I know what you said. I'm just trying to decipher if you are serious or not." My dad explained.

"Uhhh-"

"Mycah, honey. What's going on? Do you know about this?" My mum asked my brother.

"Yeah, I've known for a while." Was all Mycah responded with.

"O-okay," My Mum whispered. "It's okay, Myles."

I looked down at the floor where a was drawing tiny circles with my left foot.

"Okay? It's not bloody okay?" My dad yelled.

I winced and took a step back.

My mum reached out to him, "Andrew, please-"

"No, Camila. Our son, he's... he's homosexual." My dad spat the last word. He turned around. "Where do you come into this, boy?"

Cole looked nervous. "I-I'm his boyfriend, sir."

"I have you to blame for this!" My father accused, pointing his finger right in Cole's face.

"Andrew, enough! Look at Myles, he's so scared right now. Leave them be." My Mum slapped his hand away and scolded.

"I'm going upstairs." He suddenly announced.

I sighed. My eyes were watering but I'm not gonna let a single tear fall.

"He'll come around, honey. I'll talk to him tonight." My mother assured. She came over and hugged me. "I love you no matter what."

I sniffed. "I love you too."

My mum walked over to Cole, "I don't care who my son dates as long as they treat him right. You were Mycah's friend first, I'm slightly aware of your antics. Make Myles happy, or I'm coming after you."

Cole gulped and nodded vigorously. Mycah smirked.

We heard a crash from upstairs. My mum sighed.

"I'll go settle your father. Maybe you should hang out with Cole for the rest of the afternoon."

Well, if my mum was encouraging me to hang out with Cole I'm okay with that.

Cole took my hand. "Where do you wanna go?"

"Uh, we could get some food, then go to my place?" He offered.

"Alright."

"I'm not going," Mycah said.

I didn't really want him to come anyway. I just want to spend some time with Cole, since we haven't in a while.

--------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 340 12
{COMPLETE BxB} Cole Parker Blane. He's known for being stuck up and short-tempered and an emotional wreck, and if you asked him he'd probably agree w...
128 41 15
"Jake," Seth called out. Nothing. Seth groaned and then walked up behind him and once he got to him he saw that Jake had both his earbuds in. He chu...
277K 8.1K 25
Aiden and Xavier are two people that meet in high school. They become friends so fast it was as if they knew each other since they were kids. Then Ai...
608K 24.9K 43
Jackson, an introverted young man attends a bachelor party for his best friend at one of the hottest gay clubs in town. Not looking forward to the ni...