Dancing On The Edge Of A Knife

By Devilsmom

When Ester Celeste finally used that coupon for free dance lessons with the famous Sierra Stone, she did not... More

1. Prologue
2. Entrance
3. Disgusting
4. Ride
5. Evil
6. Bottle
7. Restaurant
8. Liquid
9. Dancing
10. Seduction
11. Tango
12. Scary
13. Call
14. Loneliness
15. Realization
16. Roses
17. Text
18. Beach House
19. Tears
20. Apologies
21. Off
22. Start
24. Confusion
25. Lingerie
26. Change
27. Insight
28. Coffee
29. Blocked
30. Argument
31. Friend
32. Advice
33. Water
34. Wine
35. Family
36. Night
37. Reality
38. Okay
39. Talk
40. Blind
41. Date
42. Shock
43. Heartless
44. Second
45. Fine
46. Walls
47. Crowded
48. Terrace
49. Epilogue
50. Epilogue pt.2
Projects

23. Rocks

6.4K 300 30
By Devilsmom

"That's it, guys. We should call it a night." Sierra eventually said. Devon and especially Ester were waiting for the moment their private lesson finally ended.

Sierra was very strict and Ester found out she was a perfectionist. They went over one move for ages until Sierra felt satisfied. Ester and Devon were breathing hard when they finally pulled apart. You'd think they ran a marathon, Sierra smirked.

"Oh, it's gotten pretty late." Sierra acted surprised when she saw the time and Ester's eyes widened. The last bus came half an hour ago, she knew that by heart. She'd have to walk then, Ester thought as she took a sip of her water.

"Devon, I still need your help carrying these boxes to my car. Ester do you want a ride? I don't think the bus is still driving?" Sierra asked, much to Ester's relief. She really didn't want to roam the streets at almost midnight.

"That would be nice, thank you." She told her friend, who nodded.
"Come on, Devon. The boxes are downstairs." Sierra told her brother, who followed her. Right before they both vanished, Sierra told Ester to wait in the hall.

Ester nodded and took her things. She walked out of the ballroom and into the hall, where normally Gina would sit behind the receptionist desk. But not even she was here anymore and Ester couldn't blame her. She felt kind of honoured to get private lessons late at night though.

"Do you guys need help?" Ester felt obliged to ask them when they walked past her and through the entrance of the dance studio with big boxes in their hands.
"Oh, no thanks. We're almost done." Sierra assured her with a smile.

Something about her friend's behaviour made Ester narrow her eyes at her. Was she up to something? Or was that just the aftermath of yesterday? Has Sierra gone completely insane? Maybe completely insane was a little harsh. But Ester couldn't help but wonder.

"Sierra, what the heck is in these boxes? Rocks?" She heard Devon ask his sister. She wondered how he could even carry anything, her arms hurt like hell. Who knew dancing would be this exhausting? She'll definitely need sport attire for the next few months. For tango, that is.

Ester decided to at least help them place the boxes into Sierra's car. Her trunk was getting full, so they had to place some in the back of her car. Ester thought that was it, but Sierra announced she had two more left. And when those boxes didn't fit in the back anymore, Sierra told Ester to sit down in the passenger seat and placed the boxes on her lap.

"Is that okay? I know it's uncomfortable, but that's the only way." Sierra asked her friend, who could barely move. Damn those boxes were heavy, Ester silently agreed with Devon. "No, it's fine." She answered Sierra, who glanced at Devon.

She saw her brother frown down at Ester. But he didn't say anything, much to Sierra's annoyance. He was really bad at being a gentleman, she thought. So Sierra needed to come up with something else. Or better yet, be direct.

"Well, if only someone else here had a car and could help out." She wondered out loud. But Ester didn't hear her and instead shifted underneath the weight.
"Sierra, can we leave already? I think my legs are getting numb." She asked her friend.

"Hold on a second." Sierra told Ester and then she looked back at Devon. He seemed like he caught on as he narrowed his eyes at his sister. She simply raised an eyebrow at him. Devon shrugged before opening his arms.

"Alright, bye." He hugged his sister, making her gape at his lack of common sense. She rolled her eyes when he pulled away.
"For heaven's sake, Devon! Could you help us out?" Sierra finally asked him.

"What?" Devon asked after gulping. She knew right then and there, he was trying to avoid being alone with Ester.
"Could you, as in a fine gentleman with a nice car, take the fine lady home? Or does she have to get crushed under the boxes just because you are dense as heck?" Sierra placed her hands on her hips.

"Well, I-"
"Good." Sierra said before he even finished his sentence. Then she bent down to get the boxes off Ester's lap and placed them on the roof of her Jeep. Ester frowned in confusion and looked up at her friend.

"Good news. Devon decided to take you home. These boxes would kill you on the way." Sierra smiled down at Ester, who widened her eyes in horror. She shook her head while stepping outside the car.

"It's fine, really. I can just walk." Ester said, almost falling to the ground since she actually couldn't feel her legs for a second. But Devon's hands shot out and steadied her waist. Sierra secretly smirked.

"Don't be ridiculous. You live at least an hour away if you walk. Besides, it's late. What gentleman would Devon be if he let a lady walk home alone at this time." Ester almost rolled her eyes at that.

"I'm really fine. I think I'll have more chance of survival if I walk." Ester said, throwing him a nasty look. There was no way she'd ever drive with Devon again. After last time, that was clear. Especially after the almost kiss.

"Oh come on. You can't possibly be that scared of speed." Devon rolled his eyes and Ester glared at him as she pushed his hands off her and placed her own on her hips.

"Well, what if I am?" She asked provocatively and Devon just scratched the back of his neck. Say it, Sierra thought. He had to apologize if he scared her last time. Sierra knew without Ester's trust, they all won't get far.

"I'm sorry." He finally murmured. Yes, there was still hope for him. Sierra hid her smile and looked back at Ester.
"If he promises not to speed again, will you go with him? Because I really don't want you to walk alone." Sierra tried it this way.

Ester looked between Sierra and the devil with narrowed eyes. Could it be that Sierra was planning that the whole time? But that wouldn't make any sense. She'd never want Ester and Devon to be a couple, right?

Maybe Sierra just wanted Ester not to walk home alone. Ester knew she was overthinking a lot in that moment. But she just found that situation way too suspicious. What if Devon was her secret admirer and his sister found out? And now she was trying to help him out. But then again, Sierra would never approve of that.

"Ester, you need to start trusting Devon. He was an ass to you, yes. But you guys are dance partners now and need to trust each other. And not only when it comes to dance." Sierra started upon seeing her friend's hesitation. Finally, after what felt like a lifetime, Ester turned towards Devon with her typical proudly raised chin.

"Promise." She demanded, looking up at him. God, she was cute, Devon thought. All he wanted to do was grab her jaw and cover her face with kisses. He soon frowned at that thought before realizing what the fuck he was thinking. He internally shook his head and concentrated on the issue at hand.

"I promise." He rolled his eyes and Ester eventually nodded.
"Okay." She muttered and then turned towards Sierra for a hug.
"Have fun, guys. Text me when you get home. Both of you. And thanks for the help, Devon." Sierra said and then rounded her car before getting in.

But she completely forgot about the boxes on top of her car. It was too late when Devon tried grabbing them. Sierra already drove off. But she soon stopped when she heard the boxes fall onto the trunk and onto the ground. Oh no, she quickly got out of her car.

She never wanted them to find out what actually was in the boxes, but seeing as the rocks and stones were sprawled all over the road and Devon and Ester ran over to help her, that was impossible. Both of them frowned once they saw the little rocks and stones.

"What the heck? There're actually rocks in them." Devon commented.
"Why do you need so many rocks?" Ester asked a second after. Sierra started sweating. She's never been a good liar. Especially if she had to spontaneously make up a lie.

"I- I'm planning on making a little path in my backyard." Was what she came up with, causing her brother to lift an eyebrow in suspicion. He knew she would never build something on her own. But Ester, on the other hand was impressed.

"Oh, that's cool. Do you need help? Because I actually love building stuff." Ester asked her, which made Sierra blink.
"Sure. I'll call you when." She said before she could help it.

"We should clean that up." Devon said, bending down to pick up the rocks. After ten minutes, the trio got everything packed and in  Sierra's car. Ester's muscles really started aching now.

"Thank you guys." Sierra sighed after closing the passenger door. The pair nodded at that and they said a last good bye before Sierra drove off for real now. Ester waved at her as she disappeared around the corner.

All Sierra could think of was the fact that she actually had to build a damn path in her backyard now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 89.9K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
153K 4.6K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...
92.9K 1.4K 15
He brought his hands up and tucked my hair behind my ear. coming closer to my ear "Do i arouse you?" he whispered, making my knees weak "I can feel...
CodeRed By Muskan Kapoor

Mystery / Thriller

779 116 41
"Guys, I got another note," I say as I sit down at lunch. Vanessa and Xander were here but Hazel was missing. "Where's Hazel?" I question, eyeing her...