Surviving Rejection

By EverythingAboutYou13

"Aria, you don't know how sorry I am. Please. Please. Please. Give me another chance. You don't know how much... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 2

26.4K 895 93
By EverythingAboutYou13

I edited Chapter 1 and added more to it and changed it so if you read that one already you might want t go back and read the new part of it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aria's POV

            I was going to kill Jai. After I dropped my stuff off in my calc class I let him drag me to his locker so he could copy my homework. And now I was late because of that. I hate being late because everyone looks at you when you walk into a classroom late. I didn't want any more attention on me.

            I opened the door to the classroom in hopes of just slipping in quietly. When I opened the door that scent hit me like a tidal wave. He was in here. But that didn't make sense. I had never smelt that scent in this class for the past month. Unless-

            My thoughts were interrupted by my teacher, Mr. Matthews talking to me.

            "Nice of you to join us, Ms. Montgomery." Mr. Matthews said.

            "Sorry sir, I was in the bathroom." I stuttered quietly. I hated having everyone's eyes on me. I didn't make eye contact with anyone. I quickly sat in my seat, which was the front middle of the class.

            I could feel him staring holes into my back. Of all wolves it was him. My mate was Damien Sanders. It made sense. I had never smelled this scent before, but now that Damien turned eighteen he could find his mate, me. I could feel that he was my mate. My wolf was howling with joy, begging me to go over to him.

            I never thought I would be his mate. He was a player and asshole. But I was willing to look past everything that had happened. He was my mate anyways. We were destined for each other. I wanted to make it work. Rejection was out of the question. I wouldn't reject him without getting to know him. I had only heard rumors. I wanted to know the real Damien.

            I zoned out for the rest of the math class when the bell rang. I was gathering my stuff into my backpack when I felt him walk past me quickly. He was the first person out of the room. I guess that I would have to talk to him later. Maybe he didn't want to talk now, or couldn't.

            The day dragged by slowly. I was ready to just go home and crawl into bed by fourth period, which was lunch. I walked into the lunch room and went up to the lunch line. My mind was somewhere else. I had seen Damien a couple times in the hallway since first period, but every time we made eye contact, which made my wolf howl with happiness, he just looked away from me quickly. Did I have something on my face? No, I went to the bathroom twice and there was nothing on my face. Why was he avoiding me? I was waiting for him to claim me as his. Accept our mate bond. Why hadn't he yet?

            I bought a turkey and cheese sandwich and went over to my usual lunch table with Jai. He was already there scribbling down some homework. He never got his homework done in time.

            "Hey!" He smiled looking up at me as I sat down.

            "Hey." I said in a monotone voice. Damien's behavior was still bugging me. Why hadn't he talked to me yet? He had barely looked at me. We were mates.

            "What's up?" Jai asked concerned.

            "Um, I found my mate." I said my voice rising an octave at the end. I said it like a question.

            "Really? Whose the lucky guy?" Jai smiled widely.

            "Damien." I said so only he could hear. I didn't want anyone to hear me, not that anyone would care or believe me probably.

            "Really?" Jai questioned me as he looked behind me. He looked surprised then mad.

            "Yeah?" I said as I looked behind me to see what he was looking at.

            Damien walked into the cafeteria with his friends. More importantly Victoria was hanging onto of his arm like her life depended on it. Damien wasn't doing anything to stop her. He was smiling, or smirking, and laughing with his friends. He looked perfectly content as they sat down at their usual lunch table. He looked even happier when Victoria plopped herself on his lap and started sucking on his neck like a fucking vampire.

            A low growl escaped my lips. I thought it was low, but Damien was able to hear it and his head snapped up to let his gaze meet mine. I know that my face had hurt written all over it. He looked sorry for a split second then he smirked at me.

            "I'll kill him." Jai said angrily as I looked away.

            "He's a player. He needs time to get used to just having me." I said as a pathetic excuse.

            "No, actually that's not okay. You are his mate and he needs to respect that. He is no longer a single player. You should go talk to him." Jai said to me angrily. He was still watching Damien and Victoria.

            "I don't want to make a big scene." I said looking down at my hands as I twiddled my thumbs.

            "Take him somewhere else, but you should talk to him." Jai encouraged me.

            "Okay." I said still unsure. I picked up my stuff and started heading over to their table. Activity stopped when I approached their table. All of the people at the table teased me everyday. None of them liked me. Why would I be coming over to their lunch table.

            "Damien," I squeaked. "Can I talk to you outside for a second."

            Victoria's head snapped up when I said this and gave me a glare that would have put me six-feet under if looks could kill. Then she started to laugh at me. Her laugh sounded like a hyena.

            "Aria. Go away." Aaron said in a pleading tone. He didn't want his little sister embarrassing him.

            "Nah, it's okay man. Aria and I can have a little chat." Damien said as he moved Victoria off of his lap and stood up. Damien didn't even wait for me and just walked out of the cafeteria. I quickly followed him, hating how everyone was looking me.

            Damien signaled for me to go into a janitors closet. I followed him in and quickly closed the door. I didn't want anyone seeing and getting the wrong idea.

            "What do you want Princess?" Damien asked me crossing his arms over his chest.

            "You're seriously not going to say anything?" I asked annoyed. I hated that he called me Princess in a mocking tone.

            "About what?"

            "We're mates." I said bluntly. I wasn't in the mood for screwing around. "You can't just make out with some random girl now."

            This made him angry. His eyes turned a darker blue. He towered over me, since I was only 5'2 and he was 6'3. He scared me.

            "You don't tell me what to do." He growled at me.

            "But, we're mates." I stuttered out.

            "That doesn't matter. I reject you. I reject our mate bond." He said in a cold voice.

            Pain ripped through my chest. I felt like someone had just punched me in the stomach a million times and the ripped my heart out and stomped on it. I hurled over from the pain. I was trying to keep in my screams, but a whimper passed through my lips. I looked up to see Damien staring down at me. He held no remorse in his eyes.

            With that he opened the door and walked out.

Damien's POV

            I left Aria in the janitors closet. I left my mate in pain.

            No, I rejected her. She's not my mate. I shook my head. After I told her that I rejected her I felt Vincent block me out. He completely shut me out.

            Then I was mad. I was mad at myself and the Moon Goddess. Why did I reject my mate. Why did I want to hurt her. Why did I make her cry. I was only eighteen. I didn't want to be held down by some girl. I didn't want a relationship. I would only end up hurting her in the end, better if she doesn't get attached.

            I walked back into the cafeteria where all of my friends were waiting for me. All of their eyes were on me.

            "What did Aria want?" Aaron asked me.

            "Nothing." I shook my head telling him to drop it.

            "God that bitch is so annoying." Victoria complained. My wolf didn't like the disrespect that Aria was getting and he let out a growl in my head.

            Oh now you want to talk to me.

            She's disrespecting our mate! Do something! Vincent growled.

            I've rejected her. She's nothing to me. Vince whimpered at this and then he cowered back into my head. I shook my head at the weakness of my wolf and sat down with my friends. Aria didn't mean anything to me. I would forget about her.

Aria's POV

            After I collected myself from the janitors closet I made a beeline to the front doors. I had to get out of here before the bell rang. I didn't want to see him. I didn't want to see anyone.

            I ran out of the high school as fast as I could, still crying my eyes out, and ran into the forest that surrounded the forest. I stripped out of my clothes quickly and shifted into my small gray and white wolf. My wolf's name was Bella.

            Bella let out a long, sad howl. She was mourning our mate.

            I can sense that Vincent wants us. Bella whimpered. Why doesn't Damien want us?

            I'm sorry, Bella. I told her. It wasn't wait that she wouldn't be able to be with her mate because mine was a douchebag.

            We started to wander around the forest, slowly making our way home. I let Bella take full control of our body and she just kept letting out long howls at nothing. Normally Bella stood tall with her head held high, but now her shoulders were slumped and her head was down as we ran.

            When we made it to the house I shifted back and put my clothes on. I unlocked the door and walked in my house ready to collapse. The tears started coming down again. This was my worst nightmare come true. Rejection was looked down on so much and when people found out I would be more of an outcast than I already was. I made my way up to my bedroom, stumbling because my tears were blocking my vision, and crawled into bed.

            I woke up to the sound of laughter. I could hear that Aaron was home, and he brought no one other than him with him. I couldn't deal with this now. I didn't want to see him. I knew that if I saw him I'd break down even more. I had to be strong.

            I mind linked Jai and asked him if I could come over and we could do some homework. He of course said yes when I told him that he was at my house. I gathered my backpack and tried to go quietly so I could get out of the house without being noticed.

            "Aria." Aaron said from behind me right before I was home free. Without turning around I could tell that he was next to Aaron.

            "Yes?" I said turning around slowly, avoiding eye contact or even looking at him.

            "Where are you going?" Ha, like he cares?

            "I'm just going out."

            "But where? Mom and Dad told me to look after you." Wow, that's a first.

            "I'm just going over to Jai's house to do some homework." I said lifting up my backpack for him to see. "That's it."

            "Oh you're going over to Jai's." Aaron winked. Why was he in such a good mood?

            "To do homework." I said slowly, like I was talking to a two year old.

            "Sure." Aaron nodded. "Just use protection!"

            "God Aaron!" I said opening the door ready to storm out.

            As I left the house I could have sworn that I heard a low growl coming from him. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh gotta love silbings! So what do yall think so far! I know I finally updated yay! But I'm just getting back into the swing of things. Kind of. So I am a sophomore this year in high schools and I have a crap load of MCAS (standarized testing for Massachusetts) soon. I have english long comp, geomoetry, and biology MCAS! Oh no! So yeah... whatcha think so far? Anyone you think should play someone?

XOXO

Comment

Vote

Follow

~Kaeli

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427 108 28
"If I risk it all, could you break my fall? How do I live? How do I breathe? When your not here i'm sufficated. I wanna feel love, run through my blo...
226K 7.8K 19
Hey there! I'm Aria Ried I'm 15 years old and this is my story of my so called mate rejecte me. Yes I've been one of the packs Omegas since I lost my...
2.9K 144 24
"Who are you?" He asked eyes as wide and bright as the moon. His expression didn't even fit his pretty face anymore, it was just plastered there laug...
26K 646 15
Scarlet Montgomery lived her life as the pack slave. She was left Omega after her parents ditched her to become rogues. She is constantly tormented n...