Payback Sucks, So Do You!

By ClockworkLeo

I will give you hint, that douche bag that just ditched me, his own mate, for soccer practice is the guy that... More

*DISCLAIMER*
Chapter One: Rejected.
Chapter Two: Step One
Chapter Three: Crying for the Enemy
Chapter Four: Karaoke Night!
Chapter Five: The Human
Chapter Six: Sleepover!
Chapter Seven: Karma
Chapter Eight: Abba and Kisses
Chapter Nine: Game On
Chapter Ten: Freaking Hormones!
Chapter Eleven: Party Hearty
Chapter Twelve: All About Hanna
Chapter Thirteen: Rouges suck!
RECAP
Chapter Fourteen: Stake Out
Chapter Fifteen: Act Natural
Chapter Sixteen: The Doctor and Cinderella Are Here to Save Us!
Chapter Seventeen: Opps
Chapter Eighteen: Equivalent Exchange
Chapter Nineteen: Tristen's Tourney
Chapter Twenty-One: Double Trouble
Chapter Twenty-two: One Normal Night
Chapter Twenty-Three: Opps, they did it again!
Chapter Twenty-Four: Just a Dream?
Chapter Twenty-Five: Axel and His Band of Merry Hunters
Chapter Twenty-Six: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Winning
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Oh boy, Three A.M!
Chapter Twenty-Eight: KAAARROOKKEEEEEEE!!!
Chapter Twenty-Nine: There Is Always Room For Improvement!
Chapter Thirty: Coming to Terms
Chapter Thirty-One: GAMES!
Chapter Thirty-two: Catch Me If You Can!
Chapter Thirty-Three: All the useless knowledge you know!!!
Chapter Thirty-Four: Moon Prism Power!
Chapter Thirty-Five: Memory Lane
Chapter Thiry-Six: Illegally Blonde
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Return of the Hormones
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty: For Ole' Times Sake

7.8K 271 49
By ClockworkLeo

"Forget about revenge, and live on."

-Ceil Phantomhive, Black Butler 

Payback Sucks So Do You

Chapter Twenty: For Ole’ Times Sake

“But Beck!” I whined. “I don’t wanna go on a date.”

“But I want us to be a normal couple,” he argued looking very serious and determined about his thought.

    “Beck, you’d be going on a date with me. I don’t exactly qualify as ‘normal’.” I pointed out. He began to protest, “I killed my own mate off in a dream. Not exactly ‘normal’.” I put air quotes around ‘normal’.

    So apparently Beck and I reached the point our relationship where he wanted us to do couple things. I hate dates. They are awkward and uncomfortable and sometimes really cliche. But he won’t listen to me. Apparently, I got stuck with a determined mate.

    Yay.

    Giving up, I decided to go bother Maddie, I had heard her pregnancy has been rough this time. Ha ha. I found her in her room, lying on her bed complaining. So nothing was completely out of the ordinary.

    “I hate everything,” She mumbled. “The world sucks. People suck. Pregnancy sucks. Everything just sucks.”

    “So you’re feeling better?” I joked, but shut up when she sent me an alpha female worthy glare. “Right. So what’s wrong?”

    “I’ve been bed ridden. Literally. Eryx won’t let me leave this room. I am so bored.”

    “Well you shouldn’t have almost fallen down the stairs.” I reminded her. She reached out and slapped me on the shoulder, “Stop being a bitch.” She mumbled to herself as I rolled my eyes and looked around. “Where’s Eryx?”

    She looked up and grinned, “He’s playing his favorite game…” Oh dear god, not this again. “FEED THE MADDIE!”

    “Why do you do that?” I asked.

    “Because I am adorable.”

    “Don’t lie to yourself.”

    “Well, I’m pregnant. So...meh.”

    “You’re just being over dramatic.” I replied, and thankfully Eryx came in holding a tray of two pieces of bread one with peanut butter and the other with jelly. She sat up and took the two pieces of bread and pressed them together, “Smoosh!”

    Eryx and I rolled our eyes familiar with the weird things Maddie did. Seriously, this happened all the time. “By the way, Evynne, Beck wants me to convince you to go on a date with him.”

    What the hell? Using my own family against me, that’s just low!...Oh right. Er...nevermind.

    “Don’t do it, Evynne.” Maddie interjected, “Mates suck.”

    “I JUST MADE YOU FOOD!” Eryx shouted loudly causing me to cover my ears. Maybe I should leave, I thought.

    “YOU ALSO GOT ME PREGNANT AND NOW I AM DYING!”

    “YOU NOT DYING YOU'RE JUST BEING OVERDRAMATIC!” Wow, me and Eryx are on the same page for once, what are the odds?

    “STOP YELLING AT ME!” That’s when I started to leave but I didn’t get very far before both Alpha’s heads turned towards me. “Where do you think you’re going?” Maddie hissed.

    “To hide from Beck?”

    “No,” Eryx replied. “You’re going on a date with Beck.” When did we get back on this topic?

    “But I don’t wanna!” I argued. “You can’t tell me what to do!”

    “I’m your alpha.” He stated.

    “When have I ever listened to you?” I retorted. “And stay out of my love life!”

    “Stop yelling at my mate! Only I can do that!” Maddie yelled.

    “He was controlling my love life!”

    “All this shouting isn’t good for the babies!” Maddie reminded us. “And Evynne, go on a date with Beck or I will force you to watch the twins’ birth.”

    I gaped at her, What the hell she was on my side and then she switched, I looked up and saw Eryx grinning evilly, That son of a--

    “Hey what was with all the shouting?” Beck asked coming into the room. I noticed Eryx and Maddie looking at me,

    “Beck I will go on a date with you.” Beck smiled and  I glared at Maddie and Eryx. “But I get to pick the place!” I added cheerily with an evil laugh at the end for good measure.

    “Come on Kody! There has to be something Beck hates!” I exclaimed throwing my hands up in frustration. I was pacing around the kitchen as Kody was making me Macaroni and Cheese.

    “I thought you were done with this whole ‘revenge thing’.”

    I gasped, “I can’t be over something that is a part of me. Revenge is my patronus. It protects me. It’s my friend and weapon when times get tough. My revenge is never done and won’t be done until stupid people stop being stupid. My revenge simples just moves on to the next victim. Keep saying insulting things like that and you will be my next target.” I explained. “Now, tell me what Beck hates like a good little omega.” I put on my winning smile and tried to force as much mischief as possible into my eyes.

    He gulped, “I don’t want to betray my brother.”

    “I just recently watched an anime that you are familiar with, it’s about demons and revenge. Black Butler gave me so many good ideas for revenge. Of course I will need a test subject.” I gave him a wink.

    “Are you threatening me?” He gaped.

    “Depends where your loyalty lies.” I smirked, and held his gaze, “With me or with your brother.”

    “He’s terrified of circuses.” He answered quickly.

    “Good boy.” I replied with a smirk. Was it fate that there was a circus in town this weekend? Or karma? Probably both.

    ‘Where are we going?” Beck asked for the gazillionth time.

    “Everywhere.” I replied, continuing to drive like I wasn't being completely sketchy and mysterious.

    “No, but seriously Evynne.”

    “Mexico.” I deadpanned, “It’s always been a dream of mine to join a gang there and get arrested and meet a jail buddy named Paco. We could braid each others hair and make friendship bracelets. Of course in order to prove myself to the gang I will have to murder someone. That’s where you come in, human sacrifice.” I winked at him.

    “You are insane.”

    “You’re mean.”   

    “You’re rude.”

    “You’re ugly.” I lied. “Absolutely sickening to look at.”

    “Really?” He asked.

    “Of course not. Your looks are the only thing you have going for you. I mean maybe your title.” Then I really thought about this. “Wow, I think this is the first relationship I have been in, in which I wasn’t the one being objectified. Go me!” I clapped my hands together excitedly and saw that Beck had a strange look in his eyes. Uh-oh. Something tells me this isn’t good, I thought to myself.

    “How many guys have you dated?”

    “How do you know I haven’t dated girls?”

    He looked surprised, “Have you?”

    “No, but don’t just assume things. That’s how you get slapped.” I replied wisely. “Anyway, how did we get from Mexican prison to my love life? Wow, that is a pretty popular topic lately.”

    “Answer the question.”

    Luckily, I saw my savior, a large sign that seemed to have a radiant golden glow around it as it was practically saying, “Yay! Evynne now you don’t have to answer that question!” I pretty sure this is what it felt like for Jean Valjean when he saw Fantine in the epilogue or when Lucy saved Loke in Fairy Tail. Fucking great!

    “¡ESTAMOS AQUI₁!” I shouted to the heavens. I then parked the car and turned to a frozen Beck.

    “Oh no! Beck did you see a Basilisk? Is that why you are paralyzed?”  He turned his head slowly toward me from where his gaze was locked on the giant red and white tent.

    “Evynne...why are we at a circus?”

    “Because I was having a craving for one.” I replied pulling him from the cars and towards the entrance skipping the entire way. I pulled him and gave the man behind the counter out tickets that I had purchased earlier. Then I lead him to our front row seats.

    “Uh, can’t we sit farther back?” Beck asked, his voice cracking slightly.

    “I forget my glasses.” I don’t wear glasses. You know, because I am a werewolf! Why the hell did he believe that? “I haven’t been to the circus in forever! The last time I came I didn’t even pay attention to the people I wanted to pet the lion. Do you think there will be peacocks? I hope so. You know Aladdin has peacocks and camels galore. That is a man with good taste in animals. Not like that chick who’s monkey ate her friend’s face off. Monkey’s are our cousins, you don’t see me keeping Eryx as a pet do you? That would be weird. I want a parrot. Or a lark. Maybe an alien. Can you keep aliens as pets?”

    He laughed, “I don’t think so.”

    “Am I talking to much?”

    “Yes, but it’s cute. You get so off track of what you are saying.

    “Yeah, I show all the symptoms of an extreme case of ADD but my parents--Oh look! Shiny!” I pointed to a girl dressed in sequins.

    I figured out why Beck doesn’t like circuses. He is absolutely terrified of clowns. Everytime one came out he glared at it and clenched his hands. Oh my god, when they all came out of the clown car like a swarm he literally looked like he was about to cry. I mean I feel bad now, but then it was hilarious!

    When it was over, I took him to IHOP. We each devoured a large meal and then split a second. I looked around and saw a little boy was getting fussy so I started making faces at him causing him to giggle and clap. “You’re really good with kids.” Beck observed.

    I nodded, “Mostly little boys. I was a tomboy as a child so I know what they like. I feel a little less confident around little girls. But yeah, my mom says it’s because I can just turn of my maturity and insecurities at will to have fun and kids love it. I mean I can still be stern with them.” Literally, I was like a freakin superhero.

    “So, how told you?”

    “What?”

    “About my fear of clowns.”

    “Kody mentioned you disliked circuses and I wanted to know why. I didn’t think you were scared of clowns. Especially not that bad.” I defended, trying to hold back a smile.

    Then my phone rang, “Hello?”

    “Evynne!” Adora yelled through the phone. Beck and I jumped at the frantic sound of her voice.

    “What? What’s wrong?” I asked.

    “Maddie has gone into labour.”  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So I was really late in typing this up. I kept saying I was going to and then I literally forced myself to. Then rewarded myself with chocolate cake (it was yummy) but so anyway. Yes! The twins! And Spoiler the next chapter is called: Double Trouble.

Can you guess what is going to happen next?

V----V Vampireluver23

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 41.6K 58
One more step and my whole life changes. I'll become a rogue, all the connections I have with the pack will be lost. Do I really want to do that? Do...
2.2K 184 34
I've watched and witnessed the mate bond between numerous wolves throughout the years. Werewolves. We all have a mate. One that is meant to be the...
90.5K 4.2K 28
They say don't talk and drive, and now I know why. Although, not for the reason you might think. I accidentally hit my alpha mate with my truck. Bet...
3K 201 23
"Dear to us are those who love us but dearer are those who reject us as unworthy, for they add another life; they build a heaven before us whereof we...