Exchange Gift

By theficxchange

Tis' the season to be jolly, MaiChard-lalala lalalala. A collection of short stories for the jolly holidays... More

MISTLETOE AND WINE
CAROL OF THE BELLS
FIRE AND ICE
DEAR NO ONE
HOME FOR CHRISTMAS
12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS
CHRISTMAS WITH THE FAULKERSONS
YOUR FAULT

CHRISTMAS WITHOUT YOU

99 8 0
By theficxchange

By: @Lyen523

For: @BeeBraver

Prompt: "It was just a petty fight that got out of hand "

****

DEC 20 2017

"It was just a petty fight that got out of hand "

That how Maine explained what happened to her friend Belle who came over to comfort her . She was crying and complaining to her friend how Alden wont answer her calls right after he walked out on her few days ago .

" Di ko talaga ma gets bakit selos na selos sya dun sa aso"

" Bes baka naman mas binibigyan mo ng atensyon yung aso nya kaysa sa kanya ".

" Belle alam mo naman na dog lover ako diba at alam nya din yon ".

" Oo nga andun na tayo pero minsan kasi baka di mo napapansin mas malambing ka pa sa aso kaysa sa kanya ".

" Nakakainis lang eh ".

" Paano ba yan Bes malapit na ang Pasko , matitiis mo ba na nagtatampo ang Bf mo ".

After hearing what Belle said , Maine realized something . She realized that without Alden it's not gonna be Christmas at all . She started to looked back on the things that triggered their fight and why her bf walked out 3 days prior .

Maine remembered it was a week ago , Dec 13 to be exact when she came over to Nuvali to spend the weekend with Alden and his family . She already have a copy of the house keys that is why she doesn't need to wait for her bf to get off work to go to his house . Maine was very excited especially because she will get to play with the family dog , Globie . The dog reminds her of her childhood pet that passed away that is why she likes the dog so much . She has been a dog lover ever since but her brother Dean was allergic to dogs the reason they cant have it in their house .

Maine recalled when Alden came home and saw her playing with Globie at the backyard . She didn't noticed that he was there for a while already watching her . Busy playing with the dog she got startled when Alden spoke .

" Love andyan ka na pala "

" Kanina pa actually "

" Bakit di mo ako nilapitan "

" Mukha kasing nag eenjoy ka sa ginagawa mo "

" Ang cute cute kasi ni Globie eh ".

" Eh ako ba cute din ?"

" Oo naman pero mas cute si Globie "

That weekend Maine's attention was split in half . Instead of spending more time with Alden because he barely gets a day off she played with the dog most of the time . She thought it was just ok for him since its his dog until he asked her if she was there to spend time with him or with the dog , until .

" Pumunta ka ba dito para makasama ako o makipaglaro kay Globie".

" Ano ka ba naman , para kang bata".

" Paano naman mas binibigyan mo ng pansin yang aso kaysa sa akin ".

" Diba kaya nga andito ako "

" Andito ka nga pero iba naman ang iniintindi mo ".

" Bakit ka ba ganyan ?Aso lang ito pinagseselosan mo ."

" Ang tagal tagal ko itong hinintay ang makasama ka ng matagal tapos ganito lang mangyayari ".

After saying that , Alden walked out of the room and out of the house . Maine tried to stop him but it was too late he already left and she didn't know where he went . When she tried to call him the phone was of until she went home that day she didn't see Alden .

Thats how she remembered what happened the past week . She looked at the calendar , and realized that it's 4 more days before Christmas. She remembered her past two christmases with Alden . They opened gifts together and spent Christmas eve with each other . It had been their tradition to wear a matching ugly sweater at the family Christmas party. She suddenly felt sad because she was not sure if it gonna happen this year unless she'll do something .

Maine took her phone out and tried to call her bf but he never answered. She had no luck after 10 attempts , he's still not picking up. After leaving a four voice messages and six text messages , she decided to drive to Nuvali to see him and apologize personally personally . She wanted to apologize because now she realized how insensitive she became not giving importance to the time that Alden set aside for them to spend time together.

Maine was disappointed not seeing Alden in their house in Nuvali . His dad told her that Alden has been working non stop since that day that he walked out . From taping and shooting commercials almost 24 hrs a day . She got worried all of a sudden , she figured she was the reason why he was working non stop . " Did I hurt him that much?" she asked herself before leaving Alden's house .

When she got back to her condo she texted Alden's PA regarding his schedule . Since Mama Ten and her were pretty close, she didn't had a hard time getting his schedule . She also asked how Alden was doing and found out that he wasn't doing well same as her .

" Namimiss nyo na ang isa't isa ano ".

Those words hit her coming from Mama Ten . She knew it was the truth because for the past two years never that they didn't call each other even if they were busy at work . This was the first time in two years that they haven't spoke for a few days and it hurts like hell because she missed him so much . She miss his face , his dimples , his smiles , his scent and specially how he makes her feel when his around .

Two days had already past and still no word from Alden . Maine had been sending him food through Mama Ten at his shoot . According to Mama Ten , Alden finished all the food that she sent . It made her smile because she knew that food is her bf's weakness especially the ones that she cooks. " There was still hope " she told herself coming up a plan that Alden will be unable to avoid .

Maine called up Riza regarding their yearly Noche Buena party in Nuvali . She knew Alden will be there because it had been his family's tradition to be together on Christmas eve . Riza giggled upon hearing her plans , Maine knew that he could never resist what she's gonna do . After hanging up the phone she prepared all the things that she needed and drove to Nuvali before Alden gets there first.

December 23 , Maine got to Alden's house around dinner time . Thankful that his not home yet she excused herself from her future in laws to get her surprise set up in his room . She was so thankful and grateful that the Faulkerson's love her and treated her as part of a family ever since . After putting all her things inside the his room , she took out a small pink bag and went inside the bathroom . She felt cold after wearing what's in the bag . She then put on Alden's robe that was hanging in the bathroom door to keep her warm at the moment . After looking herself at the mirror and liked what she was seeing she then went back out and sat on his bed and waited .

While waiting , his masculine scent in his robe was affecting her whole being . It's probably the longing that she has for him not seeing or even spoke with for few days is taking a toll on her . She just cant wait to see him and show him how sorry she was taking his efforts for granted . Maine waited patiently for Alden to come home until she fell asleep .

Alden came home later than expected and she was surprised of what he found on top of his bed when he opened his room. He gasp when he realized who it was , it was Maine wearing just a red negligee with a big red bow covering her chest. Seeing how He GF looks like laying on top of his bed made his body react and heat up . He swallowed hard a couple of time before closing the door behind him . Oh ! how he misses her , If she only knew how he regretted and how he suffered not seeing her and not answering her calls . He walked slowly towards the sleeping angel on his bed . After covering his gf's half naked body Alden can't help himself not to caress Maine's face , her eyes and down to her lips . Not contented just caressing her face , his lips started to go down and met hers .

Maine taught she was just dreaming when she felt Alden's lips met hers . With her eyes close she started to respond with the same intensity of his kisses .She moaned in protest and opened her eyes when Alden stopped kissing her .

" Hello! Angel "

" Love ! ikaw ba yan ? "

" Yes its me , the one and only "

" Akala ko nananaginip lang ako kanina "

Maine blushed when she remembered what was happening before Alden broke the kiss .

" Kailan ka pa dumating ?"

" Kanina pang dinner time "

" Alden "

" Yes Love "

" I miss you "

" I miss you too , "

When Maine started crying , Alden lifted her face up and kissed her lips while he wipe away the tears thats was coming down her face .

"Im sorry Alden , Im sorry sa pagbabalewala ko sa effort mo na magkasama tayo . Im sorry din sa mga nasabi ko sayo . Ng mga nakaraang araw narealize ko na it wouldn't be Christmas without you"

" Huwag mo ng isipin yon , Im sorry din kasi basta na lang akong nag walk out ng araw na yon , Sorry dahil hindi ko nasasagot ang mga tawag mo ."

" I love you Maine "

" I love you too , Alden "

" Teka lang , bakit ganyan ang suot mo ?."

" Peace Offering ko sayo "

" Talaga lang ha ,"

" Just in case hindi ka madala sa paliwanag ".

" So pwede ko ng i claim ang peace offering mo ".

" Yes , po "

Alden gave his beautiful GF a devilish look as he climb in the bed with her . Maine then screamed as his BF dive into her neck kissing it . The couple then reconciled that night as they waltz in ecstasy with the dance as old as time .

Christmas eve when Maine texted Belle about herreconciliation with Alden . Belle was happy for her friend telling her that" Its a Christmas Miracle " that the couple were back together . Maine then thanked her friend for hersupport and wished her a Merry Christmas     

T H E  E N D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 288 8
"This is a story of a girl who loved life, laughter, lattes, beaches and me"
9.7K 738 8
My first ever AMACON baby Enty for AMACON4- Serendipitous English Fanfiction category Prompt from @thenataliagrace 1st published: May 9, 2017
322K 14.6K 41
Different worlds, Different circumstances, Fate brought them together, But will they remain there?
6.7K 247 10
Entry for AMACon3: Oikos - Home. Will love be their greatest downfall or salvation?