The Gifts We Share [A Medieva...

Bởi AngelWingInspiration

Mark has always been a peasant. He was born in a thatch-roofed house to two farmers who work the field every... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Chapter One - Desperate Measures
Chapter Two - Capture
Chapter Three - An Audience with the King
Chapter Four - Change in Lifestyle
Chapter Five - Letter to Mother
Chapter Six - Solitary Confinement
Chapter Seven - Response
Chapter Eight - Secrets Revealed
Chapter Nine - Thirst For Knowledge
Chapter Ten - Attempt At Freedom
Chapter Eleven - Questions Answered
Chapter Twelve - Hurts From the Past
Chapter Thirteen - Friends in Odd Places
Chapter Fourteen - Flame and Shamrock
Chapter Fifteen - Lesson One
Chapter Sixteen - Casual Conversations
Chapter Seventeen - Emotions
Chapter Eighteen - Leaving
Chapter Nineteen - Coming Home
Chapter Twenty - Orphan King
Chapter Twenty-One - Lesson Two
Chapter Twenty-Two - The Good and the Bad
Chapter Twenty-Three - Dealing With Grief
Chapter Twenty-Four - Closer
Chapter Twenty-Five - Dancing Lesson Number One
Chapter Twenty-Six - Nightmares and Understanding
Chapter Twenty-Seven - The Song
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Falling
Chapter Twenty-Nine - New Arrivals
Chapter Thirty - The Ball
Chapter Thirty-One - Kings and Hallways
Chapter Thirty-Two - A Much Needed Talk
Chapter Thirty-Three - Fear and Comfort
Chapter Thirty-Four - Of Royals and Robbers
Chapter Thirty-Five - Gone
Chapter Thirty-Six - The Message
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Clean
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Salvation
Chapter Thirty-Nine - Ride Home
Chapter Forty - Confessions
Chapter Forty-One - Walking on Eggshells
Chapter Forty-Two - The Problem
Chapter Forty-Three - The Longest Night
Chapter Forty-Four - On the Topic of Kingdoms
Chapter Forty-Five - An Agreement
Chapter Forty-Six - A Rocky Start
Chapter Forty-Seven - Swords and Fears
Chapter Forty-Eight - Return to Rubellus
Chapter Forty-Nine - Heartache
Chapter Fifty - This Is It
Chapter Fifty-One - The Battle
Chapter Fifty-Two - The Most Painful Goodbyes
Chapter Fifty-Three - Reverting Back
Chapter Fifty-Four - Mark's Return
Chapter Fifty-Five - From Kingdom to Kingdom
Author's Note
Surprise!

Chapter Fifty-Six - A Fairy Tale Ending

1.7K 134 168
Bởi AngelWingInspiration

Mark's mother had always told him that you don't need blood relatives to have a family. For the longest time, he couldn't understand what she meant. As a simple farm boy, he believed that the edges of the world were his parents, his brother, and the farm. Mark expected to spend his life planting crops with a peasant girl that his parents married him off to.

However, life doesn't exactly go with expectations. Mark never thought he'd fall in love with the king or reclaim a kingdom he didn't know he had.  He never thought he would have powerful magic that looks like flame and glitter flowing through his veins.  He could never have imagined being kidnapped and tortured, only to be saved by the very man he would marry.

Mark glances towards the window of his office, the glass spattered with falling spring showers. This doesn't feel like a day where he should be working. He feels like he should be cuddled up by a fire with Seán.

Shoving his work aside, he stands and moves through the halls towards their living room. There, Seán sits on the couch with Evelyn on his lap, telling her a story in his lovely Irish accent. Mark smiles and strolls over, settling on the couch and snuggling up next to the king.

"You're going to give her an Irish accent," he teases, nuzzling his face into Seán's neck.

"You're going to give her an American accent," Seán teases right back, turning his head in order to press a kiss to Mark's forehead. "Gave up on working?"

"Yeah. I figured a fire was much nicer than work on a day like this," Mark replies.

"I agree. Now, hush so I can finish my story."

The king of Rubellus catches Seán's lips in a kiss before leaning against his shoulder and letting him finish his tale. The Irishman runs one hand through Mark's hair while keeping the other around Evelyn, who fiddles with the buttons on his shirt.

"And the big, brave girl slew the dragon, and all the people rejoiced because she was their hero. She took the throne and was the kindest, most gentle queen that had ever ruled." Seán glances down at the girl in his lap, who slowly falls asleep with her tiny fist resting against his stomach, and chuckles softly. "The end."

Mark snakes his hand around Seán's waist, smiling at their daughter before kissing his husband's cheek. "Who would have thought, huh? That we'd end up adopting a girl that looked like a mixture of both of us." To be totally honest, Mark never thought Seán would be so quick to agree to adoption. He thought he'd have to convince him, but that didn't seem to be the case.

"Our life is a big, crazy twist of fate," Seán replies. He shifts slightly so that he can cuddle against Mark and hold Evelyn in his lap at the same time, a long, contented sigh escaping him. "I would never want anything else."

"Me too." Mark leans over, pressing kiss after kiss to Seán's lips. "I love you."

"I love you too," Seán murmurs in response. "Through the highs and the lows..."

"Through the best and the worst," Mark whispers without missing a beat.

"I'll be your support..."

"And I'll be your rock."

The fire crackles merrily, mixing with the sound of rain pattering against the glass. Despite everything they've gone through, they have faith they're better off together. As long as they have each other at their side, they'll get through anything.

Mark leans over, pressing a gentle kiss to Evelyn's head before leaning back against Seán. This is the family his mother told him about. Seán, his adoring husband, and Evelyn, the daughter he'll grow and nurture and love unconditionally. No matter what happens, he'll always have them.

Mark never thought he'd get a fairy tale ending, but life and fate work in mysterious ways, it seems.

And so, Mark's perfect little family lives happily ever after.

The End 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

128K 3.5K 12
Inside Mark's house is a room called; The Dungeon. It's a place where Mark's dark side comes out to dominate... and with Jack coming to stay at his...
39.7K 1.6K 89
Life has always been the same. Eat. Sleep. Work. Repeat. All this while, it has been a hustle. I thought that finally I can take a breather. Until...
83.5K 3.6K 12
When Sean(Jack) uploads a new video that captures the attentions of all of his fans, he's shocked and surprised by the amount of supportive and fangi...
881K 29.6K 66
"Listen here." He said threateningly as he held my chin harshly, making me look directly into his glaring eyes. "I warn you... If you ever talk about...