Heatstroke (Jack Frost, Rise...

By FlorindaBrydon

"You know I have never been good with heat. Why me!" Jack Frost has been a Guardian for two years now and li... More

Authors note please read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
New Beginnings the Sequel for Heatstroke

Chapter 3

1.8K 40 36
By FlorindaBrydon

(Tooth's POV)

|

|

|

|

'Jack! Jack! Oh no! He's burning up! North what do we do?' I yelled. I was panicking and I didn't know how to help. Jack, he just collapsed, right into my arms.

'We need to cool him down! Quick, hurry this way!' North shouted quickly as Bunny lifted Jack off of me and carried him after North. 'In here! Quickly!' North shouted as he opened a large heavy door. We were in what seemed to be some kind of freezer.

North dragged a table into the middle of the room and I watched as Bunny laid Jack down onto it.

'What is this place?' I asked North looking around at boxes filled with ice cream, chocolate and other cooking ingredients.

'This is my freezer. It is where I keep all of my ingredients fresh, until they are ready to be cooked with.' North spoke fast trying to only concentrate on Jack. 'I have the temperature really low in here, not even Jack could make snow or ice this cold. It is to keep the food fresher for longer, so that is why I thought to bring him in here, maybe the extreme cold might help.' North told us.

'His body is under a lot of stress, the high temperatures he is feeling from the girl and from the cold he needs to survive. He has been weakened and has no power to keep him self manually cold. Therefore he will not survive long if we don't do something now. This girl needs to be found, but Jack is our first priority.' North explained while packing ice and packets of frozen vegetables around Jack's body.

'How can we help? Did you want me to go and find her. I'll be able to track 'er down pretty fast. The soona we get her out of the heat the fasta Jack will recova. Right?' Bunny asked while placing Jack's staff on the ground under the table.

'No, we go find her together. Jack is the only one who can correctly identify her. We need to wait until he can come with us. All we can do is keep him cold and alive.' North replied.

I was hovering by the large open door watching North and Bunny attempt to cool Jack down. I knew everybody was worried I could see it in their faces. I don't think we ever really realised how much Jack meant to us, until his life suddenly fell into our hands. It's our decision and his life is depending on us making the right one.

'As much as I want to stay and see if Jack is alright. I can't stay in this degree cold for much longer. I fear my wings might freeze and break.' I didn't want to leave them with Jack just lying there so helpless, but it was far too cold for me to stay in there for more than a few minutes.

'We understand Tooth, both you and Sandy are free to leave, Bunny and I will watch Jack and we will tell you if anything changes.' North said as nodded to Bunny confirming that he was going to stay.

We exited the Freezer and watched as North shut the heavy metal doors behind us. Moments later Sandy and I found ourselves sitting on the small lounge chair in the globe room. I was nervously fumbling with my interlocked fingers in my lap waiting for Bunny, North and Jack.

I glanced over my left shoulder at Sandy who was franticly waving his hands at me, trying to get my attention. How long had he been doing that?

'Yes Sandy, what is it?' I asked turning to face him properly. I watched as the golden Dreamsand started to swirl above his head forming letters and words.

Sandy has started making the sand symbols that he uses to communicate with into real words and sentences, instead of the cute images. The reason for this is that after two years, Jack still can not understand him.

So Sandy gave up on trying to make images and now writes what he wants to tell us. It is a lot easier talk to him now that we know exactly what he is saying instead of trying to play a never ending game of pictionary and charades.

'Tooth why don't you head home. Back to your fairies.' He wrote. 'I know you are worried about Jack, but there is no point sitting here pointlessly waiting when you should be out there doing your job.' He finished.

'But I don't feel right by leaving. I should stay and wait, no matter how long it takes.' I told him, but all he did was smile and shake his head.

'Toothianna, like you said to me many years ago, "Not all of us get to work one night a year, am I right?" He chuckled.

'Thanks Sandy, I needed that.' I giggled back. Sandy was right I did need to head back. 'I left Babytooth in charge while I was gone. I don't really feel comfortable leaving her alone and in charge of the whole Tooth Palace for this long.' I said to Sandy as I hovered above him.

'Knowing her, she's probably thrown a Tooth Party.' I laughed, rolling my eyes. Sandy also rolled his eyes and shook his head, smiling.

'I will signal you if there are any changes in Jack's condition.' He wrote as he waved goodbye. I waved back and flew out of the open skylight in the workshop's roof, on my way back home.

|

|

|

|

 (Romanna's POV)

 |

 |

 |

 |

I just couldn't sleep, no matter how hard I tried. I rolled over to check the time on my phone, I slept for not even 10 minutes! I have been lying here awake and I have the worst headache ever.

'What! No! No! No!' I yelled. Great! The power just went out and all of my fans have stopped. Even with the windows wide open it's still like 30°C degrees in here and now that my fans aren't working it is getting even hotter! It felt like I was inside an oven, slowly being baked.

'Maybe a shower might help cool me down and maybe get me to sleep.' I spoke quietly to myself.

Grabbing some new Pjs, a singlet and shorts, I walked down the dark hall too the bathroom. Out of habit I hit the light switch on but when the lights didn't turn on I remembered the power had cut out.

'Aggh! Damn it! Fine won't have a showa then!' I spoke quietly not wanting to wake up my mum and sister. Stopping at my room's open doorway I peered in. It was dark, darker than I would have liked.
Hesitantly I walked back in. It was hot and stuffy. I threw the clothes I was holding onto the barely visible beanbag that was squashed into one corner.

Using my phone as a torch I looked at the thermometer that was on my wall. It said 35°C degrees.

'Damn, it's gotten hotta.' Looking down at my glowing phone it said 11:58pm.

'And why am I not asleep?' I said annoyed while crashing into my bed.

'Ow, that's gonna bruise! My night is just gettin betta and betta!' I said while rubbing my knee and crawling back into bed.

Finally falling asleep.

The next morning I woke up to my sister poking me in the face. 'Good mornin! I made ya breakfast in bed I hope ya like it' Jessica said cheerfully as I sat up and grabbed the wooden food board from her.

How sweet! She is the best sister ever! 'How was your sleep last night?' she asked while handing me a fork.

'I had THE worst night eva! I kept wakin up every 30 minutes to an hour so I am very tired also for some reason I'm freezin cold!' I have never felt like this even when I was sick I was never this cold. 'Am I in a freeza or somethin?!' I joked while poking her with my fork.

'Well I feel fine, maybe it's your imagination? You're lucky you feel cold cause the news said we're in for anotha heat wave, so enjoy it while it lasts. Now c'mon eat up.' Jess said while sticking her finger into the cream on my plate and licking it off.

'Oh! Be right back!' She said as she dashed away.

'Wow you really went all out! Pancakes with jam and cream! I didn't know we even had cream! All that's missing is a-' I didn't get to finish my sentence because she walked back into my room holding a steaming coffee!

Yum just what I need to warm me up. What a great way to start my day after a bad night, a great breakfast and caffeine! She even used the chocolate shaker on top of the froth!

'Thank you so much! You're the best!' I squealed.

'Aww thanks Romie! I'm gonna go and eat my own breakfast, is there anything else you need?' She asked.

'No thanks Jess I'm all set! Love ya!' After she left I looked at the time it was 8:30am. Wow, I slept in. Normally I'm up at 7:00am because I have chores that need to be done early, when it's not too hot. Now I'm gonna kill myself trying to do them this arvo. (A/N Arvo is Afternoon)

But strangely, I still feel cold.

After I ate all of my food I quickly got dressed. I was wearing my favourite blue shirt though it looked more like a singlet. The sleeves/straps were quite thin, showing off both of my sun tanned, freckled shoulders and arms.

To match the colour theme, I put my light blue denim shorts. I know it's a lot of blue, but it is my favourite colour and all my clothes are either blue or purple, so I don't really have much of a choice.

Thankfully I feel a lot better now, not so cold. Maybe it was the coffee? Yeah I'm an addict. I can't live without my coffee.

I should go out and get a head start on my chores before it gets to hot. But It's a weekend and my room is finally clean. How about I play some music?

'Just one or two songs, then I'll go out.' I promise myself knowing I would break it, because music is another addiction of mine. While scrolling through the hundreds of songs on my phone, I glanced up and out of my bedroom window. The bright sunlight shining into my room.

All that could be seen was a huge open field, it stretched on for Kilometers. It was a true Australian landscape. Dried yellow-brown grass that had died in the heat. Eucalyptus Trees or Gum Trees growing on either side of our house, also all along the fence line which was so long never in my whole life, 16 years, have I ever reached the end of our station (A/N: A station is an acreage) But I'm planning to get there on my 17th birthday later this year.

My horse Theia was given to me when I was 8 years old she was just a foal. Her mother was attacked by a dingo and didn't survive. Thiea was so small everyone thought she would die without her mother to feed and protect her. I took it upon myself, to fully raise and care for her. I loved her like I had never loved anything before and she grew to love me in return. She is a carrot orange Thoroughbred with a white patch on her forehead.

She's all grown up now healthy and strong. She's my best friend, my only friend. It's hard living out here, so far away from everything and everyone. It takes 2 hours to drive to the local food store and we have no neighbours. We are completely cut off from the rest of the world. My mum Homeschooled my sister and I because there are no schools anywhere within driving distance.

I stop for a moment and lean closer to the fly screen attached to the window, trying to see more clearly out. I see something, It's big and blue.

'What the!' I yell out in shock droppping my phone. The screen shattering as it hit the wodden floor. The large pile of broken glass cut at the bottom of my feet but I ignored it. Quickly I ran to my bedroom door and snached the light brown leather cowboy hat from the hook on the back. I ran as fast as I could down the hall way out to the back steps.

In the rush to get out, I wasn't looking where I was running and triped over the coffee table hitting my head on the couch.

'Damn it!' I yelled out while rubbing my head. 'Get up! You have no time for pain!' I mentaly scolded myself.

I stood and ran into the kitchen, unlocked the backdoor, threw open the screendoor and ran to the top of the back steps. I franticly searched the deck looking for my horse riding boots, which sat in a messy pile beside the back door.

'Jessica!' I screamed. She came running into the kitchen, panicking about why I yelled. 'What eva you do, Do Not Leave The House! You stay put and stay quiet! Lock all of the doors and windows!' I firmly instructed her.

'Wait, Romie! What's going on?' She asked almost in tears.

'Jessica! Go now! Do as you're told!' I shouted while pointing back inside the house.

'Romanna! Please! I'm scared!' She looked up at me, tears streaming down her face. I kneeled down in front of her and placed my hands on her shoulders.

'Jessica, this is really important. I saw somethin and for all I know it could be nothin, but if it's what I think it is, you are in danger. I need to protect you and I know you're scared, but I know you can be brave! I need you to be brave and lock up the house once I'm gone. Do not unda any circumstances open the door if someone knocks. Don't let yourself be seen. I'll be back as fast as I can, I promise! You're gonna be fine.' I lightly kissed her on the forehead and send her back inside.

I heard the door being locked and bolted shut behind me while I fumbled around, trying to get my boots on. Tiny shards of glass from my phone dug into the bottom of my feet, making them bleed. I couldn't stop and waist time by digging out all of the glass. All I could do, was try and ignore the pain and force the boots onto my feet.

Then I bolted down the back stairs, tripping over on the last three steps and falling face first onto the hard ground.

'Damn it! Ow, ow, ow!' I squealed while pulling myself to my feet using the railing of the stairs for balance. I quickly brushed the dry dirt off my clothes and limped to the back of the house.

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this far! I'm sooo sorry for any mistakes (it's all spellcheck's falt) I am currently working on fixing the problems.

I hope you enjoyed that. This story is a bit slow at first but from this point forward there is going to be a lot of action planned.

Thank you again!

Oh and please vote and comment, that way I know if you guys even like my silly little story. I'll only keep updating if I know people are even interested in it.

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407 35 16
We know the Guardians. Nicholas St. North, the Spirit of Christmas known as Santa Clause; E. Aster Bunnymund, the Spirit of Easter known as the Easte...
123K 3.5K 61
The battlefield was never kind for you and your brother, and protecting The Lunanoff family was the only objective you had within yourself. You peris...
15.2K 220 26
THIS IS BASED OFF OF MY ONESHOTS I MADE WITHIN MY "CARTOONS X READER ONESHOTS" BOOK!!! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT! 💜 From the Man in the Moon, he grants bei...
927 80 15
Pitch is back with one thing on his mind: Revenge. And his anger will be taken out on a certain Frost who had ruined everything for him. He knows hur...