Everything Changes

By Upallnight19

Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life could... More

Author's note
Prologue
Chapter 1: THE BEGINNING-Opening a closed door
Chapter 2: Slice Of Sass
Chapter 3: Mall and torture time
Chapter 4: Family time
Chapter 5: Bad Memories
Chapter 6: Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Chapter 8: Make-up and torture time
Chapter 9: Thanks for the Memories
Chapter 10: Misery Loves Company
Chapter 11: Is this my own personal hell?
Chapter 12: Stop reading my texts JERK!
Chapter 13: today has already started out shitty, so why not?
Chapter 14: Who knew volleyballs could leave a mark?
Chapter 15: DEREK YOU DUMBASS STOP EATING IN HER POOL
Chapter 16: Ripped pants?
Chapter 17 I'd Rather Not & Time to be selfless
Chapter 18: Who knew he had a sweet side?
Chapter 19: You could be the moon and I'll be the sun
Chapter 20: Nothing more
Chapter 21: I didn't know she was THAT scary
Chapter 22: It seems my luck has run out
Chapter 23: Decisions and painful consequences
Chapter 24: Just leave me alone, Zack!
Chapter 25: Blushes with a side of cold pizza
Chapter 26: Bad Decisions, Good Intentions?
Chapter 27: Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me.
Chapter 28: The Aftermath
Chapter 29: Forgiveness
Chapter 30: Everything Changes

Chapter 7: Is there something wrong?

115 15 12
By Upallnight19

For the first time in forever, I woke up feeling refreshed. I quietly sat up in my bed, checking if I was the first awake. Emma was still sound asleep... My bladder quickly let me know it was time to go. The last thing I wanted was to wake Emma; if she is ever woken up by anyone other than herself, she is VERY cranky.

Careful to not disturb the beast, I maneuver carefully out of my room. While I shuffled down the hall, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I remember yesterday. Suddenly, I smacked into someone who was quick to steady me.

"T-thanks!" I looked up, and my heart skipped. Zack was in his sweatpants, rocking the bed-head look. He gives a slight smile, but his eyes seemed to be looking through me, rather than at me. He just walks past me without saying a word.

Did I do something wrong? Am I the only one that felt something during that kiss? Am I not good enough for him? I try to shove all the thoughts away and keep walking down the hall to the bathroom.

As soon as I get in there, I grab a towel and turn on the water activating the showerhead. I move away, letting it warm up. I look into the mirror and grimace at the sight of me; if only I were prettier. My eyes have dark circles around them, my posture was lazy, and I always seem to look gloomy.

I sigh, turning around and pull back the curtain. I feel the hot water hitting the muscles in my shoulder and washing over my scars. Why did Zack just ignore me like that? I mean, I don't think we are a couple or anything, but... his look gave me a weird feeling just now.

I sighed, leaning over to grab my shampoo bottle. Just as I close my eyes to rub the soap through my hair, a set of bright lights blind me. A horn just starts to go off before I shoot my eyes back open. I look around, telling myself over and over again that I am fine. I am safe in my bathroom.

My hands shook as I placed them against the wall, sliding down into a fetal position. My eyes burned from the soap running over my face, but I quietly sobbed for a different reason. No matter how many times I relive that moment, I will never forget those last few, miserable seconds with my dad. My scars seemed to throb as I buried my head in my hands. My fingers dug into my skin, making sure no part of my ugly cry saw the light.

Ryder's P.O.V

I open my eyes slowly, squinting at the light shining through. I reach over and move Alison's arm from around me, being careful not to wake her from her slumber. I set up slowly, reaching over and grabbing my pants and shirt off the floor, slipping them on and reaching for my shoes. I barely got the second one on as a pair of arms slip around my waist.

I hear Alison's nasally voice, "Mmmmm~ baby, where do you think you're going?"

I guess my attempts not to wake her were futile. I reach over and remove her hands from me once again, pulling on my last shoe. I stand up quickly before she can wrap her arms back around me.

"Your parents are going to be home soon so I think it's time for me to leave." My eyes look heavily at her window, my escape. She lets out a wine that she thinks is cute but it just annoys the hell out of me. Don't get me wrong; she's hot as hell but her personality just ruins that sometimes.

Maybe I just keep her around for the company or the fact that I feel bad for her, I'm not sure. Maybe it's both. I crawl out of her window and run across the street, hopping on the only thing that I truly love. My Harley-Davidson.

The morning dew running off its beautifully glossy, cherry-red paint. It's the only thing in my life that I can truly call my own. I've been working since I was 12 years old and saved every penny I got. I turn it on and just listen to its engine purr, feeling my bike vibrating under me. I get that same adrenaline rush right before I take-off.

I put my helmet on and go. Feeling as the bike starts picking up speed and the power behind it, as I am racing down the road and feeling that freedom I always feel when it's just me and my bike. I imagine myself just going and never stopping... but instead I am heading off to my house. to take a shower and change before my dad wakes up.

I crawl through my bedroom window; it seems to be the only way I can ever enter or leave my house... I try to look back at a time when I didn't, but it's kind of hard to do so. It just seems like a waste of time on my part. There really is never a point in looking back at old memories. It's best if you just look forward and forget the past. It's what has gotten me this far at least.

I walk into my bathroom and turn on the shower. As the water warms up, I walk back into my room to grab a towel and some clean clothes. I toss them on the rack and strip down in the bathroom. Turning around, I look at the scars on my back in the mirror. Memories tried resurfacing but I shook it off and jumped in the shower.

Hot water hits my skin and I take a moment to enjoy the only place I can ever find some peace and quiet. I run soap through my hair, feeling it run down my back. My mind drifts off while I try to feel clean, but it seems no matter how many showers or baths I take, I know I'll never feel completely clean.

I stood there for a good 30 minutes, just letting the water relax me completely. Forcing myself to end the shower, I shut the water off. As I'm drying myself off my phone goes off in my dirty pants pocket... I grab my clean clothes, yanking them on and reaching into the pocket of the dirty ones. I dry my hands to unlock my phone and see who texts me.

Derek: Hey wya?

Me: Just got home. U?

Derek: Oh? Let me guess... Alison?

Me: U caught me

Derek: LMFAO! Well since you wasted your morning on her lets not waste your night on her. Chris is throwing a little back to school party ♫🍺 lets check it out

I pause for a moment, contemplating if I could really refuse. I had to rewrite my replay a few times before just giving up on a simple word.

Me: ok

Derek: Cool. We can look for some new ass tonight, you know how all the girls try to get something extra in before it ends if you know what I mean 8=D anyway get your ass over to my house

Me: What the hell Derek? I didn't know you were so short. "More of a grower than a shower" is what you tell them hoes you cheatin?

I laugh putting my phone in my pocket, Derek can be such an easy target sometimes. He's had a bad life and made some bad decisions, but I always try to have his back; especially after the incident. I hear a noise coming from the kitchen.

My skin crawls and I hurry up, my body shaking with anxiousness. Walking out the bathroom door, I steel my nerves and head towards the noise. I see my dad pouring himself a bowl of cereal, looking like he hasn't fully woken up yet.

I cautiously walked backward, hoping he didn't notice me. Like a prey sees a predator before being spotted. I make a quick exit out of my bedroom window and get back on my bike. My heart was racing and my hands shook, fumbling my keys.

I nearly gasp out loud when my baby roars alive. 'Get me the fuck out of here, Candy' I speak internally. The further away I got from my house, the better I felt. I cursed myself for not leaving earlier. That was too close.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr bad boy Ryder Bentley! Such a hottie! So who is this Alison chick that is all over him? Seems his friend Derek just doesn't like her! Even I don't like her at this point ): Any guys sorry again for this being short! I will try and make them longer again still! I love you guys and you know the drill! Leave a comment and a heart! :)

Xoxo Night <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.5K 1.3K 44
All the way throughout elementary school it was always Bella, Leo, Liz, Flynn, Nate, Elliot and Amelia. They were all long time friends.. In the sop...
4.7K 272 37
๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ž๐™› ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™›๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™– ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™– ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ ๐™š ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™›๐™š๐™š๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฎ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š...
56.3K 2K 37
This book is dedicated to all fighters either battling life threatening diseases, life problems, depression or anything at all. Keep fighting 'cause...
577K 14.5K 41
(I WROTE THIS AT 14 YEARS OLD, IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SO DON'T ATTACK ME Y'ALL FOR HOW BAD IT IS IDEK WHY IT HAS READS BUT LMFAO) "Because Heaven," he s...