Against Them But You

By FarrahMndMdza

So I've been childhood best friends with Bradley Salas, the most popular guy in school, and I still am! But t... More

Chapter 1 - Eleven Years Later
Chapter 2 - The Party
Chapter 3 - Pizza
Chapter 4 - Shoppe of Dresses
Chapter 5 - Grilling Questions
Chapter 6 - The Wedding
Chapter 7 - Pitbull All Night Long
Chapter 8 - Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 9 - Food Fight
Chapter 10 - Making Amends (Part 1)

Preface

2K 27 30
By FarrahMndMdza

I was only six years old when I moved to Crilley Falls. Of course a new neighborhood meant new friends. I, Jessabel White, just stood there at the corner watching my mom talk to my dad happily about the new house.

I sulked and went over to my dad as my mom climbed up the stairs and tugged on his slacks. “Daddy, I want to go home.” I looked up at him with the most innocent face.

He looked into my chocolate brown eyes and bent down on his knees. “What do you mean pumpkin? This is home.” He smiled opening his arms out gesturing to the house.

“Well it doesn’t feel like it.” I pouted with my arms across my chest.

“Oh come on, you’ll love it here, give it a chance.” He told me ruffling my hair.

I straightened my crimson red shirt and pushed my caramel colored locks away from my face.

My mom came back down, picked me up, and gave me a kiss on my forehead before putting me back down. “Come on sweetie, let’s go bring in those boxes from outside shall we?” Both my mom and dad held my separate hands, guiding me outside.

The three of us began helping out two men unloading the transfer truck that was filled with our belongings.

About five minutes passed since we started unloading. “Excuse me.” A friendly voice emerged from behind, causing my mom to turn around.

“Hi, I’m Gale Salas; I live next door to you.” The woman introduced herself extending out her hand. She had a beautiful face, fair skin, wavy dark brown hair, and grey eyes that shone out under the sunlight.

“Oh nice to meet you, I’m Amanda White.” My mom exclaimed happily, shaking her hand.” This is my husband, Kyle” She began introducing as she watched them both shake hands. “Over here is my daughter, Jessabel.”

“Well hello there Jessabel, how are you?” Mrs. Salas asked.

I just stood there staring at her, not saying a single word, instead, I was studying the features of her face, I didn’t know why exactly, but I was.

“I’m sorry, she’s just six years old, and she’s really shy.” My mom explained.

“No worries.” Gale assured her and bent down to me once more. “You know, I have a son your age, I’m sure he’ll be more than happy to be your friend.”

At that very moment, a school bus just stopped behind the truck, the doors opened, and a little boy with dirty blonde hair stepped off.

“Bradley!” Gale called out. The boy looked over to his mom and walked over to her. “Bradley, these are our new neighbors, say hi.”

“Hey.” He said with a huge smile on his face before he ran off.

The grownups began talking about their jobs and the weather when I walked back to my house and sat on the porch staring at them.

“I’m guessing you’re their daughter.” Bradley told me when he came over, crossed arms, with a finger sticking out pointing at me.

“What’s it to you?” I retorted, mot really looking up at him.

“I’m just asking Mrs. cranky pants. Anyway, let me guess your name.” He suddenly said with a grin. “What does it start with?”

This was a random and a bit weird, but nonetheless, I gave him a shot. “It starts with a J and ends with an L.” I hinted.

“Hmmm, is it Janelle?” He guessed.

“That ends with an E, genius.” I lighted up, enjoying our little game at hand.

“J-J-J-Jewel!” He guessed again.

I shook my head feeling victorious.

“Then it’s definitely Jaba-laba-bim-bom!!” He randomly said in a very quick way, making me laugh so hard.

“Hahahaha no, It’s Jessabel!” I answered still giggling.

“You have a weird name.” He defended himself. “I’ll just call you Weird Jessobel.” He teased, laughing as he ran back to his place.

I got up and yelled at him. “Hey, that’s not fair, come back here!”

THE NEXT DAY

It was my first day at school, my mom drove me all the way to Crilley Elementary School. It was a big building made out of red bricks all over the place, window glasses with white and black edges that were arranged in order, children running around all over the place.

I took a deep breath, I had to admit, after being so nervous, it felt great, and it felt even better that this was the place I will be studying at. I walked with my mom through the halls of the school, passing different classrooms; I kept looking around everywhere, my eyes diving into the other children’s activities, until I finally reached my classroom. “This is it sweetheart.” My mom began, snapping me out of my own little world. “Are you ready for class?”

I nodded in response, and went inside; I noticed Bradley talking and laughing with some of his friends at the back of the class but did nothing of it.

I sat down at an empty spot on the second row as the bell rang. I looked around, the place looked friendly, drawings on the walls, some educational posters, everything was all colorful, and that made the place feel even better.

“Good morning class.” The teacher said as she just entered the classroom. She was in her mid-twenties, having black wavy hair, green eyes, and a friendly smile. “Well class, seems that we have a new student.” She said smiling towards me.

“My name is Miss Eleanor, I will be your home-room teacher, why don’t you come over here and tell us a little bit about yourself?” She suggested excitedly.

I did what I was told to do and stood up and walked to the front of the classroom, I turned and faced the other students. I noticed Bradley had a bit of a smirk on his face, I wanted to stick my tongue out on him so bad but resisted the urge to do so. “My name is Jessabel White, I’m new here, umm” I looked back at the teacher not knowing what to say. “That’s it.”

“Thank you Jessabel.” Miss Eleanor said as I returned to my seat. “Now class, be sure to make her feel welcome and comfortable here, okay?”

When class was over, Miss Eleanor left the room, all the children, including me, stood up, most of them went to their friends. I, on the other hand went to the end of the classroom to get myself some tissue from the tissue box that I noticed was located when I entered the room. Unfortunately for me, a group of obnoxious kids came over.

“So, it’s Jessabel White huh?” asked a girl arrogantly whose name was Natasha, a beautiful brunette, she looked like she was the girl in charge of things.

“White, why's your last name a color?” asked another girl next to her, causing the group around me to laugh. She was Emilia Harrington, a blonde girl who was a bit taller than Natasha.

“Oh, wait, how about her weird Jessabel name?” said another kid, this time a chubby boy, Jonathan Knight was the tallest in class. “She can be a our big weird bell, DING-DONG, lunch break everyone! Hahaha!”

I just looked down embarrassed as all the kids around me started to laugh and make fun of me. Just then, the chubby boy suddenly fell to the ground with a big thud, his impact to the ground causing the chairs around him to screech, everyone who was laughing stopped. I looked up and saw Bradley standing right in front of me, as if he were shielding me. His face filled with anger and rage.

“Anyone who even thinks of calling her names will be an exact image of that!” Bradley spat the last two words.

I looked at the chubby kid and realized he had just received a punch to the side of his face. He was crying while rubbing his jaw in pain, trying to get up, shaking as he did so.

“What are you still doing here? Scram!” Bradley ordered, soon it was only him and I at the back of the class; he turned to me, taking in my now lost and shocked face. “Only I get to make fun of you, and only I get to call your name weird.”

 ________________________________________

** Authour's Note: I know this was small, simple, and not really much, but then again, this is just the start, I promise the next chapters will be totally different.

Keep on Reading :D

 - I've just started writing so I'm sure it's not that great, but please keep reading. I get better by chapter 3 or so. Please please please, don't give up on me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

827K 28K 66
"Listen here." He said threateningly as he held my chin harshly, making me look directly into his glaring eyes. "I warn you... If you ever talk about...
644K 18.7K 42
"Xavier, are you out of your mind? You can't hit anyone you want." I tried to pull him away from the guy. With his temper, he might send him to the h...
2.5K 18 29
Theres a reason why I go by my middle name Charlianna aka Charlie than my original..terrifying first name. I am the wrong girl with the wrong persona...
219K 3K 79
Hey, i'm Alex Jones. I was just a normal girl before i moved to LA. I had to start a new life. On my first day of school i met a boy named Cole Pende...