Ashes From The Past

By ihareemnisar

Shahmeer and Imaan... One bet... Two lives... What will happen when two completely opposite people come acros... More

Cast
Author's note
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Listen up !

Chapter 1

1.5K 90 64
By ihareemnisar

Hey there guys..Its me again..hope all is good..so here we are with the first chapter of The Ashes From The Past..i hope you guys like it.Please leave lots of comments and votes..I'll be waiting for your support..

Avoid the mistakes,this is not edited

Love

Hareem

Sitting on the bonnet of his car he was eyeing passing girls shamelessly. Biceps bulging out from his white fitted t shirt and an expensive wrist watch in his hand with silk black hair falling on his forehead sure made him look hot.

He had a very good idea about his looks and that's what he was so proud of. He was not the only one eyeing the girls, he also received lustful looks every minute he was in the public eyes. Tall and broad frame made him look more virile.

"Hey Shahmeer" Hussain ,his friend since third grade patted his shoulder sitting down on the car bonnet with him.

"Hey " He replied in his usual deep voice glancing at his friend.Hussain was the one who was easy going among both of them. Shahmeer on the other hand was a proud guy ,proud due to his looks,everyone swooning over him wherever he went,proud due to his social standards and his father's money.

Hussain on the other hand was down to earth guy but it never changed the fact that he was a guy.He had the same habits.

(No offense to any guy here ) !!!

Flirting, girls, drinking were one of his involvements too. They were in the end of their highschool .There were two months left in their graduation and Shahmeer just wanted to get out of the school and take over his father's business.

"You early in school today" ?? Hussain asked leaning against the windscreen of Shahmeer's car putting both of his hands behind his head.

"Yeah. Have to meet Imaan" ! He took her name in a mocking tone and Hussain smirked at him sitting back up beside him.

"Oh!! How is the flirting going" Hussain had a bet with Shahmeer to date the school's nerd Imaan. She was a sweet girl who avoided boy drama for her whole high school life. Hussian told Shahmeer to trap her,because she was the only one who never ogled at him or Hussain ,she kept to herself doing her own things without meddling with anyone's else's life.

She was shy. A straight A student and was beautiful.Hussain was the one who told Shahmeer to approach her because she never appreciates any guys gesture.Shahmeer had some difficulty in approaching her first because she was scared of him ,running after her for at least six months he won her heart.Shahmeer won the bet and Hussain lost and now Shahmeer was going to break up with her before graduation.

Shahmeer never really liked her,because she wasn't up to his standards..she wasn't rich like him.She belonged to a well settled family but compared to Shahmeer and Hussain they were nothing.

"I am ending it today" He replied with an unconcerned expression on his face and Hussain nodded.

"You didn't took it too far did you"??

"Nah.The nerd is a touch me not.Never even let me hold he hand.She is extremely old school.I wonder how did she even said yes to me"

"Don't you think it'll break her heart"??

"Are you getting soft. Don't forget you are the one who setteld the bet on her" Shahmeer raised an eyebrow at Hussain, his rough and mocking tone made Hussian roll his eyes at him.

"Oh please,I thought you were going all mushy"

Shahmeer snorted ,his shoulders started shaking with chuckles and his eyes spotted Imaan walking towards him in the parking lot.

"As if. She is not my type and not up to my standards and now shut up she is coming" He got off the bonnet giving her a dazzling smile.Imaan blushed looking at him and stopped near him

"Hey" He said in a deep husky tone and saw her cheeks turn scarlet at his tone ,she shook her head and smiled at him.

"Hey..hi Hussain" Hussain smiled nodding at her and Shahmeer took a step towards her drilling holes in her face.

"I need to talk to you" He said without any fear of what was coming and Hussain jumped off the bonnet of the car waving at both of them

"I'll see you in class Shah"

"Yeah" After Hussain left ,Shahmeer and Imaan stood there silently as she played with her nails and he rolled his eyes sighing

"Ok here is the thing,its over between us.I was never into you.I was just flirting because I had a bet with Hussian.You were too much of a  goody two shoes and let's just say Hussain wanted me to flirt with you." He said in one breath and at first she didn't had any expression on her face.Then to his surprise she started giggling...Frowning in confusion Shahmeer looked at her face in silence.

"Good..you are good.Its a good joke" Panting hard with laughing she gave him a sweet smile and turned around leaving the parking lot.

Shahmeer caught her wrist turning her around so she could face him.

"I am not joking.Its not a joke" !! The seriousness of his face made her smiles stop withina second

"C'mon Shahmeer let's go ,we are getting late.I have Math first.Ughh I hate it" Replying casually she turned around again and he sighed rolling his eyes again

"Listen girl I am not joking .For the last time I was flirting with you.You were just a bet.I don't go after low class girls like you.I have my standards to keep and you aren't even passing them.Now are we done here ,I was tired of this anyway.You bored me a lot " The roughness and the unconcern in his voice halt her steps and she turned around glaring at him

"Its enough Shahmeer,no more jokes" Listening to her he grip his hairs in his hands and yelled loudly making her flinch and got the attention of so many people around them

"This is not a fuckin joke.I was flirting ok.I was never serious with you.Itwas all a fuckin bet.You were too goody you know.Staying away from boys and all.You always said I'll never have an affair with a guy and yet here you are ,admit it Imaan ,you are just like all the other girls.You just pretend to be good' Laughing a humorless laugh in the end he started walking but this time she was the one who caught his wrist.

"What did you just said" Her eyes burned with un shed tears as she tried to breath hard and her hands shook. Shahmeer pulled away his wrist easily and leaned his head towards her glaring into her eyes straight.

"I said I was flirting with you.You were a bet.I do not like you.Do you understand English Imaan"??? He growled and this time her mind registered the fact that he was indeed telling her the truth. Disbelieve was clear on her face and her legs shook trying to keep her stood up against the ground.The shock was too much to absorb that she wasn't even able to say anything in reply.

Her plump lips quivered as large tears dropped out of her eyes.

She blinked her eyes and whispered in a shaky voice

"You are lying" She felt like someone was bombarding her head with a thousand stones at once and her blood pumped harshly in her veins.

"Oh for God sake women I am not lying.You know what ..you stand here and take your time getting out of the shock.I have work to do ,so see you..or not" He winked at her smiling cruelly and she saw him leaving with blurred vision as sobs came out of her mouth .Her legs gave out and she hit the floor ...she wiped her tears and stood up running after him yelling his name.

"Shahmeer..please.." She caught his wrist again turning him around to face and hitched standing beside him.

"Don't do this. Please you can't do this to me.I trusted you" She begged him and he looked at her silently for a minute ,his class was about to start and students in the parking lot were looking at them with curiosity.Who misses a show anyway when its free.

"You are making a scene Imaan .Stop being childish ,its over and quite frankly I never liked you,you are such a pain in the ass.Too shy for my taste.I like bold girls and where is your self respect now...you were the one who was too proud of herself.A girl who wasn't too stupid to fell in a guys trap..Well it was fun breaking you " He smirked at her menacingly and walked ahead without giving her a second glance.

Her eyes didn't left his retreating form as long as remained in her sight .Her eyes roamed around her catching peoples eyes and carrying her humiliation in her arms she wiped her tears and got her bag up from the floor.

The storm inside her was too strong to let her remain calm.She ran immediately to the girls bathroom and shut the door behind her getting inside a stall .

.........................................................................................................................................................

After one week

After dumping her Shahmeer remained the same guy.Drinking,girls,flirting and the usual bad guy stuff. Imaan on the other hand got back in her shell and shut the doors to others more harshly this time.She avoided Shahmeer like a plague.The insult and humiliation of losing her self respect was too much for her to bear.

At lunch she cried in the bathroom everyday. It was like a routine to her to sit in a bathroom stall and cry her heart out .Then run away from wherever he was.

Dark circles surrounded her eyes ,but she put up a good facade in front of her parents. She never wanted them to worry so she never showed anything. When the pain became too much for her to bear she sat alone in her room quietly .

Days passed and turned into weeks and weeks turned into a month and came the last month to the school. They were getting out of school .......building up their careers and everyone got crazy as soon as they heard about the arrival of the exams.

She was sitting in the library alone resting her head on a book silently thinking about him.Tears made their way into her eyes and she sighed letting them flow for she had no other way to get through her sadness.

She opened her eyes and gasped abruptly standing up from her chair when she saw a very silent Shahmeer sitting on the table in front of her looking at her intently.Anger ran through her entire system and she clenched her fist trying to control herself.She wiped her tears with one hand and gathered her books in the other and instantaneously walked out of the library without giving him a second glance but still felt his gaze burning holes in her back

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Cafeteria was crowded with students chattering ,she was the only one who sat in a corner munching on a sandwich silently with a book opened up in front of her.

Her whole concentration was on the history when she felt someone looking at her.Her eyes searched for the intruder disturbing her and landed on Shahmeer,his penetrating gaze gave her goose bumps and she looked down silently in her book .Still feeling his gaze she wiped the little drops of sweat on her forehead and clenched her shaking fist tightly

She felt a drop of tear falling out of her eyes landing on the book ,she wiped it immediately and peeked at him again, his brows were furrowed as he gazed silently at her in some sort of confusion.She gritted her teeth and slammed her book shut on the table and he blinked as if coming out of a trance.She picked her stuff up getting out of the cafeteria running as fast as her legs could carry her.

........................................................................................................................................................................

Time flew out of their hands and the day of the last exam arrived.After finishing her paper she went to the bathroom and washed her hands and face.She felt tired and just wanted to get some sleep.She went out of the bathroom and was going outside when her bag slipped from her shoulders and landed on the floor with a thud ,books and other stuff came out of her bag scattering on the floor.

She sighed and bent down on the floor picking her stuff up when she saw a large hand offering her some stuff that was on the floor.

Her eyes went to the hand ,then arm ,leading to the person's shoulder and finally landed on his eyes and irritation filled inside her.She snatched her things silently from his hands muttering things under her breath and ran like her life depended on it.

She was getting annoyed now that he was everywhere she went.Everytime she saw him silently gazing at her she felt like burning him alive.His penetrating eyes disturbed her to no end and she gulped shaking her head.

Every time she saw his face she felt like he was trying to say something.She avoided his presence at all cost.It was like she was running away from her own feelings.She wanted to forget him and forget something ever happened between them,she still cried at nights even after one month,she missed him but whenever she saw him she started fighting with her inner self.

She went home and showered and came downstairs kissing her mother's cheek she sat down beside her on the big sofa.Her mother Nafisa was a kind women.She loved her daughter to no end and she felt the sudden shift in her attitude for the past few weeks.

"Imaan..is everything ok honey'?? Her mother asked her in a concerned tone ,she put her head on her mother's lap ,putting her legs up on the sofa laying down.

"Hmm" She responded and closed her eyes when she felt her mother running her fingers in her hairs.A contended sigh escaped her lips and she felt complete .

"How was your paper"?? Kissing her forehead she asked and Imaan opened her eyes smiling at her

"Fantastic" She beamed and her mother pinched her cheeks lovingly

"Then why the sad face"

"Its not sad.I am just tired.I want to sleep ..Exams were just so hectic they made me tired maa"

"Is that all Imaan?? I have noticed a change in your behavior honey,you don't speak much now"

"I was never much of talker anyway maa" She kept her tone light and easy feeling the concern in her mother's voice

"I know honey but you don't even come out of your room now baby.You are always siting in there doing God knows what"

"Like I said maa,exams changed my routine.I'll be fine now since I am free..Right now I just wanna sleep".

"You don't want to eat anything"

"Nah I'll eat when I get up"

"Alright as you wish my little kitten"

"Don't call me that maa"

"Alright then my little turtle"

"Ughh maa" Imaan smiled kissing her mother's cheek engulfing her in a bear hug .

"I am going to rest,see you in the evening"

"Alright"

Smiling she went to her room shutting the door ,sighing she stood there silently for a few seconds.The show she put up on a daily basis was now making her weak and defeated from the inside.Feeling exhausted she took  a deep breath and went to bed without bothering to think about anything else and fell into a deep slumber.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

The very next day Imaan went to the grocery store and started buying all the junk which her mother specifically asked her not to do.She went to the counter of Doritos and saw the last pack of Nacho Cheese there,smiling she went to pick it up when a bubbly looking seven to eight year old kid picked it up before her.

"Sorry ,its mine.I saw it first" He shrugged and Imaan watched the little man with open mouth gaping like a fish.

"But I was about to get it"

"Yeah but I got it first" He replied gruffly and she sighed,fighting with a kid was not an option so she was about to left the counter when she heard his deep husky voice exactly behind her .

"Give it back to her" Imaan turned around and saw Shahmeer standing there glaring at the kid and the kid shook his head in a big NO !!

Annoyance ran through her looking at the man who broke his heart now trying to be her hero.She avoided him completely as if she haven't saw him in the first place and spoke to the kid directly.

"You can have it" The boy smiled at her and Shahmeer growled at him wiping his smile off his face

"Its her's. Give it back to her " The boy looked at Imaan and gave her puppy dog eyes and Shahmeer glared hard at him

"Don't give her that look. She wants it, give it to her" Imaan rolled her eyes wanting to slap him and ruffled the kid's hairs with her hand softly and again avoided Shahmeer speaking only to the kid again.

"I don't want it. You can have it" With that she walked out of the particular section with Shahmeer following her

She paid for the stuff she got and went out of the mart with her hands full of shoppers. The weight of the shoppers was too much for her to carry but she almost ran to her car and started it driving out of the parking lot.She saw Shahmeer running after her car in the mirror and put her foot on the accelerator trying to get out of his sight.

.....................................................................................................................................................................

In the evening she was sitting in her room watching a comedy movie trying to distract her mind from him when her mother came inside her room with a large bag of Doritos.

"Honey,some guy just came and he said that you dropped this pack of Doritos on your way out of the grocery store.Here you go.You should be more careful honey" Her mother put the bag of Doritos on her bed and she saw it in stunned silence.

"Such a nice young man" Her mother mumbled getting out of the room and she ran to her window ....her eyes welled up with tears as she saw his retreating back moving forward ,away from her house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...